PDA

View Full Version : Which Country do Albanians overlap with the most?

kosovogirl
12-15-2012, 07:03 PM
I would say Montenegrins, coastal Bosnians and northern Greeks ... But that's in my opinion...

Anyone else opinion?

Trun
12-15-2012, 07:29 PM
Where are Irish, British, French and other Celtic people? :D

Sikeliot
12-15-2012, 07:32 PM
Greeks, southern Italians, and Serbs.

Trun
12-15-2012, 07:33 PM

Albos overlap more with Bulgarians and Romanians than any of these (if we exclude Bosnians and Monteniggas).

Sikeliot
12-15-2012, 07:36 PM
Albos overlap more with Bulgarians and Romanians than any of these (if we exclude Bosnians and Monteniggas).

I don't know. A lot of the Italians I see posted on here from Apulia, Abruzzo, and Molise look just like Albanians to me. And a lot of northern Greeks do too.

kabeiros
12-15-2012, 07:36 PM
Montenegrians and Romanians

Hess
12-15-2012, 07:39 PM
As a rule of thumb, countries tend to overlap with their immediate neighbors.

There are exceptions for very large transcontinental countries like Russia, but the rule holds up most of the time.

Trun
12-15-2012, 07:40 PM
I don't know. A lot of the Italians I see posted on here from Apulia, Abruzzo, and Molise look just like Albanians to me. And a lot of northern Greeks do too.

Italians have western looks that are rare in Albania, no matter what dralos says. Greeks have some overlap with Albos, but not more than West Balkan Slavs.

Midori
12-15-2012, 07:40 PM
I'd say Macedonia and Montenegro.

Sikeliot
12-15-2012, 07:44 PM
Italians have western looks that are rare in Albania, no matter what dralos says. Greeks have some overlap with Albos, but not more than West Balkan Slavs.

Some, but the Italians I have seen that look Albanian (Abruzzo, Molise, Apulia area) do not look western IMO. I'm not referring to all or most Italians, just some regions.

I don't find Romanians and Albanians to look alike btw.

safinator
12-15-2012, 07:45 PM
Montenegrins, Macedonians,Bulgarians, Greeks, Italians and Herzegovians

Trun
12-15-2012, 07:50 PM
Some, but the Italians I have seen that look Albanian (Abruzzo, Molise, Apulia area) do not look western IMO. I'm not referring to all or most Italians, just some regions.

I doubt they look that different from the other Italians.

As for Romanians, they are pretty Balkan looking, on boards they are thought to be a Central European population.

Generally, Romanians, Serbs, Dalmatian Croats, Bosnians, Montenegrins, Macedonians, Bulgarians and Albanians overlap a lot each other, and not that much with Italians and Greeks. Albanians won't agree with me, but I just describe what I have seen.

Hevo
12-15-2012, 07:52 PM
Greece, Bulgaria is second.

kosovogirl
12-15-2012, 07:55 PM

Yes but which one do they overlap with most?

For me I would say Montenegrins, Northern Greeks and Southern coastal-sea area Bosnians. But mostly Montenegrins.

safinator
12-15-2012, 07:57 PM
Yes but which one do they overlap with most?

For me I would say Montenegrins, Northern Greeks and Southern coastal-sea area Bosnians. But mostly Montenegrins.
Montenegrins and Macedonians with North Greeks quite close.
It's all about Geography.

Sky earth
12-15-2012, 07:59 PM
I say with all ethnic groups to a certain degree in this poll:D

Midori
12-15-2012, 08:00 PM
Generally, Romanians, Serbs, Dalmatian Croats, Bosnians, Montenegrins, Macedonians, Bulgarians and Albanians overlap a lot each other, and not that much with Italians and Greeks. Albanians won't agree with me, but I just describe what I have seen.

I agree about Italians, but you're wrong about Greeks.

kosovogirl
12-15-2012, 08:00 PM
Montenegrins and Macedonians with North Greeks quite close.
It's all about Geography.

I would mostly agree with Montenegrins.

kosovogirl
12-15-2012, 08:02 PM
I say with every ethnic group to a certain degree in this poll:D

I wouldn't agree with Turkish, Romanians or Bulgarians.

Archduke
12-15-2012, 08:03 PM

Pretty much this.

Englisc
12-15-2012, 08:03 PM
Turks.

safinator
12-15-2012, 08:06 PM
I would mostly agree with Montenegrins.
In the case of Ghegs/Kosovar Albanians yes i agree.

Hurrem sultana
12-15-2012, 08:08 PM
Greeks and bulgarians

kosovogirl
12-15-2012, 08:08 PM
In the case of Ghegs/Kosovar Albanians yes i agree.

True a lot of ghegs/kosovars overlap with Montenegrins.

Archduke
12-15-2012, 08:11 PM
True a lot of ghegs/kosovars overlap with Montenegrins.

That's because most Montenegrins are assimilated North Alboz.

kosovogirl
12-15-2012, 08:12 PM
Weird how people are saying Bulgarians and Turks... Maybe western Bulgarians yes, I can agree with that.

Drawing-slim
12-15-2012, 08:17 PM
I think Albanians overlap even more with Austrians south Germans and light brown hair scandinavians, mostly danish then swedes and norwegians... distinctively so, but not surprising that only albanians in this region overlap so naturally with the above mentioned countries.

Archduke
12-15-2012, 08:19 PM
Weird how people are saying Bulgarians and Turks... Maybe western Bulgarians yes, I can agree with that.

Western and Eastern Bulgarians don't differ much.

Eastern Bulgaria is the place where the real territory of ancient Thrace is. You said that Alboz are Thraco-Illyrians.

Toretto
12-15-2012, 08:22 PM

really? interesting... for me no.

Prince Carlo
12-15-2012, 08:24 PM
Solun Greeks and Montenegrins.

Geni
12-15-2012, 08:30 PM
Bulgares..Romanian..

Toretto
12-15-2012, 08:32 PM
Solun Greeks and Montenegrins.

But you have voted Italian

Prince Carlo
12-15-2012, 08:35 PM
*cough* I was trolling *cough*

Trun
12-15-2012, 08:39 PM
Weird how people are saying Bulgarians

Well, Bulgarians are ugly Slaves and invaders, they can't look like all model Celto-Illyrian Alboz.

Toretto
12-15-2012, 08:40 PM
*cough* I was trolling *cough*

why?

Prince Carlo
12-15-2012, 08:41 PM
why?

Just for the fun. :p

Sikeliot
12-15-2012, 08:41 PM
I don't think it's that unreasonable to think Albanians and some Italians look similar though.

dado
12-15-2012, 08:42 PM
why is the poll so limited...my choice would be Palestine,Lebanon and Georgia

Prince Carlo
12-15-2012, 08:43 PM
I don't think it's that unreasonable to think Albanians and some Italians look similar though.

Albanians in Italy stick out like sore thumbs. I think that we look closer to French and Spaniards than to them.

Sikeliot
12-15-2012, 08:45 PM
Albanians in Italy stick out like sore thumbs. I think that we look closer to French and Spaniards than to them.

I strongly disagree. Some of the weird looking Portuguese I have posted would stick out more than Albanians do.

Toretto
12-15-2012, 08:46 PM

I totally agree on this

Sikeliot
12-15-2012, 08:46 PM
I totally agree on this

Maybe I've just seen the wrong Albanians, because the ones I have seen don't look as odd to me as some Iberians do.

Sikeliot
12-15-2012, 08:47 PM
If you guys think Albanians stick out, you must think Greeks do too, since Albanians and Greeks are similar.

memobekes
12-15-2012, 08:47 PM
Bosniaks, Montenegrins and southern and western Serbs primarily. Some Albanians also look Anatolian (Turkish-Kurdish-Armenian).

Prince Carlo
12-15-2012, 08:54 PM
If you guys think Albanians stick out, you must think Greeks do too, since Albanians and Greeks are similar.

Many Greeks are partly Albanian (Arvanitika). Anyway when I went in Greece I could spot the Alboz from a mile.

rashka
12-15-2012, 08:58 PM

Only the good looking ones would overlap with Serbs. In general they don't overlap. Their features are different.

kosovogirl
12-15-2012, 09:03 PM
Bosniaks, Montenegrins and southern and western Serbs primarily. Some Albanians also look Anatolian (Turkish-Kurdish-Armenian).

Anatolians have Greek, Albanian and Armenian blood in them that's why they look like Albanians.

Ushtari
12-15-2012, 09:05 PM
are you sure?

Ushtari
12-15-2012, 09:06 PM
Only the good looking ones would overlap with Serbs. In general they don't overlap. Their features are different.
Seems like Rashka has a crush on a albo ;)

kosovogirl
12-15-2012, 09:07 PM

Lol! Ignorance! Greeks can be beautiful aswell, so even the good looking don't really look like Serbs.

Most hot Albanians can pass as Italians and Greeks. Lol!

Yeah Serbs are attractive, not denying it.

Ushtari
12-15-2012, 09:08 PM
In general they don't overlap. Their features are different.
Thats true, Serbs are not native to Balkan and look like their brothers in Ukraine, while Albanians overlap with Romanians, Greeks and Italians.

Sultan Suleiman
12-15-2012, 09:09 PM
I would say Montenegrins, coastal Bosnians and northern Greeks ... But that's in my opinion...

So you support that the Croats return the Dalmatian coast to us :lol:

kosovogirl
12-15-2012, 09:12 PM
(Sarcasm)Lol yeah Serbs are native, no wonder why they look like Ukrainians and Polish people. (Sarcasm)

kosovogirl
12-15-2012, 09:13 PM

Sorry I meant SOUTHERN coastal Bosnians, except they are paler than us in skin tone. most Bosnians don't look like us.

memobekes
12-15-2012, 09:17 PM
Anatolians have Greek, Albanian and Armenian blood in them that's why they look like Albanians.
Only a certain percentage of Anatolians have origins from the Balkans (not just Albanian for the record) but most of their heritage is of the pre-Anatolian stock.
Albanians don't look Near Eastern for the most part although they are the Balkanians who show the most influences. For example, some of the lightest and most European-looking Kurds tend to look Albanian.

kosovogirl
12-15-2012, 09:20 PM
Only a certain percentage of Anatolians have origins from the Balkans (not just Albanian for the record) but most of their heritage is of the pre-Anatolian stock.
Albanians don't look Near Eastern for the most part although they are the Balkanians who show the most influences. For example, some of the lightest and most European-looking Kurds tend to look Albanian.

I never said only Albanian, as for Kurds I agree on that, I've been asked if I was Iranian before.

Su
12-15-2012, 09:24 PM
Voted for Greek.

kosovogirl
12-15-2012, 09:26 PM
In fact I've been asked if I was
Polish (because of my skin tone)
Iranian
Greek
Turkish (simply cause I looked Greek to them)
Serbian (but only because she thought I was speaking Serbian)
Italian (because of my name)
Romanian (for many reasons)

I mostly got asked
Romanian and Greek

I've even been asked Bulgarian, Russian and Spanish, Russian mainly because of my skin tone, the same way as Polish.

Insuperable
12-15-2012, 09:28 PM

Did she write Bosnians or Bosniaks?

Sorry I meant SOUTHERN coastal Bosnians, except they are paler than us in skin tone. most Bosnians don't look like us.

Wtf is with this coastal Bosnians expression? Are you talking about Herzegovinians (they do have littoral outlet) or southern Dalmatians?

P.S. I voted for Bulgarians too by accident.

kosovogirl
12-15-2012, 09:32 PM
:picard1:
Did she write Bosnians or Bosniaks?

Wtf is with this coastal Bosnians expression? Are you talking about Herzegovinians (they do have littoral outlet) or southern Dalmatians?

The ones who boarder Montenegro and Sandjak area, duh! That's why I stated "southern" sorry I didn't specify properly.

Mans not hot
12-15-2012, 09:33 PM

LOL.

kosovogirl
12-15-2012, 09:36 PM
LOL.

Yeah I've had people asking me if I was Polish, I told them no, and I got told they though I was Polish because I had very light skin. Lol!

wvwvw
12-15-2012, 09:42 PM
In fact I've been asked if I was
Iranian
Greek
Turkish (simply cause I looked Greek to them)
Serbian (but only because she thought I was speaking Serbian)
Italian (because of my name)
Romanian (for many reasons)

I mostly got asked
Romanian and Greek

I've even been asked Bulgarian, Russian and Spanish, Russian mainly because of my skin tone, the same way as Polish.

Geni
12-15-2012, 09:44 PM
Albanian are similar whith Romanian + Bulgarian+ 1 little whith white Turks.. .. but Italians,Greks,Slavs..look not Albanian..

dado
12-15-2012, 09:45 PM
italians...u wish

rashka
12-15-2012, 09:48 PM
I've been asked if I was Iranian before.

I believe you.

Insuperable
12-15-2012, 09:49 PM
:picard1:

The ones who boarder Montenegro and Sandjak area, duh! That's why I stated "southern" sorry I didn't specify properly.

You are talking about Herzegovinian Serbs (Eastern Herzegovina) I presume. They have a name you know. What is so coastal about them?

Geni
12-15-2012, 09:51 PM
I believe you.

This is imposible....albanian look not iranian..they look more Ufo as Iranian..

kosovogirl
12-15-2012, 10:21 PM
You are talking about Herzegovinian Serbs (Eastern Herzegovina) I presume. They have a name you know. What is so coastal about them?

Nope I meant to say Sandjak and south western Bosnians

Insuperable
12-15-2012, 10:24 PM
Nope I meant to say Sandjak and south western Bosnians

They are not Bosnians but Herzegovinians.

dralos
12-15-2012, 10:35 PM
i say we overlap the most with montenegrins,the rest not really and italians second
kosovogirl either you're guapo or you're a dumb teenager,you're contradicting yourself all the time

Damiăo de Góis
12-15-2012, 10:51 PM
I strongly disagree. Some of the weird looking Portuguese I have posted would stick out more than Albanians do.

This is getting fucking pathetic... have you replaced sicilians for portuguese in your trolling spree ?

Lena
12-15-2012, 11:00 PM
Majority of Albos do have some specific looks (forget about pics on TA it's ridiculous), and I doubt they'd fit easily in any of the bordering countries, much less Serbia or Croatia. If they can obviously visually distinguish them selves from Serbs in Kosovo imagine how out of the place they'd be in Vojvodina. lol

They overlap with Chechens, linguistically Armenians (someone said that before being banned) most likely...

Sikeliot
12-15-2012, 11:01 PM
This is getting fucking pathetic... have you replaced sicilians for portuguese in your trolling spree ?

No, it's just my perception that some of them are very weird looking.. not in a bad way, but a distinctive way. Like I have said, the Portuguese I see either look pan Western Euro (yes, British included) or a very distinct Med type I would not mistake for anything else.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/22167_265728452186_5102770_n.jpg

Anyway I am not trolling, I am giving my honest opinion. Sorry if you do not like it.

Damiăo de Góis
12-15-2012, 11:07 PM
No no, that's a great opinion... it means we don't look iberian since we are either pan-western euro or weird looking. There is no middle term, that's the wonders of google knowledge right there.

Geni
Majority of Albos do have some specific looks (forget about pics on TA it's ridiculous), and I doubt they'd fit easily in any of the bordering countries, much less Serbia or Croatia. If they can obviously visually distinguish them selves from Serbs in Kosovo imagine how out of the place they'd be in Vojvodina. lol

They overlap with Chechens, linguistically Armenians (someone said that before being banned) most likely...

Lena, I am similar with 1 chechen + armenian ?????: Eek:

dralos

finally serbian troll has spoken:D

Sikeliot
12-15-2012, 11:09 PM
No no, that's a great opinion... it means we don't look iberian since we are either pan-western euro or weird looking. There is no middle term, that's the wonders of google knowledge right there.

Maybe you should interpret it as that some of Portuguese have a distinct Iberian look (the "odd" look I keep describing) and then the rest look pan-Western European.

ficuscarica
Serbs

Don Arb

Ma shta ti pricas?!! Isuse, sveti Sava :D

Geni
12-15-2012, 11:13 PM
lena now you're done speaking go make yourself useful and prepare some food for us the real men so we can continue this conversation without your trolling,thank you:D
btw you are close to become a milf,how does it feel?

cccccc Dralos ..you`re kidding right ?? : Confused:

Don Arb
12-15-2012, 11:17 PM
Geni ka ra ndashuri me Lenen :D
Dralos ti edhe pak po fole edhe e han sa krahu haha

Lena
12-15-2012, 11:20 PM

'Zemra ime' speak Serbian or English when mentioning my screen name. thanks.

Loki
12-15-2012, 11:20 PM
lena now you're done speaking go make yourself useful and prepare some food for us the real men so we can continue this conversation without your trolling,thank you:D
btw you are close to become a milf,how does it feel?

dralos ... do you want to get banned again?

Geni
12-15-2012, 11:21 PM

Une jam i vjeter per Lenen....Lena flet si serbe pse ca do ti te mbroje Shqiptaret dhe Kosoven ?? Flisni edhe ju si shqiptare..jo me ofendime ..se nuk eshte mire o Arb shoku im....eshte mungese kulture..

dralos
12-15-2012, 11:21 PM
dralos ... do you want to get banned again?
loki she provoked us

Don Arb
12-15-2012, 11:23 PM
'Zemra ime' speak Serbian or English when mentioning my screen name. thanks.

Im sorry Lena, I just said Geni likes you :D

Dralos do you see?? loool Im unbelievable hahaha (I warned dralos for getting banged :D)

WBCc0Hh2Ny0

Lana za tebe srce!

Loki
12-15-2012, 11:24 PM
loki she provoked us

I don't care, you are the only insulting person here. You will be banned next time, and don't come and cry to me to unban you again then. Ball is in your court ... STOP insulting people!

dado
12-15-2012, 11:27 PM
dralos is very primitive...especially towards girls

dralos
12-15-2012, 11:28 PM
dralos is very primitive...especially towards girls
i'm a real man:thumb001:

Geni
12-15-2012, 11:29 PM
Im sorry Lena, I just said Geni likes you :D

Dralos do you see?? loool Im unbelievable hahaha (I warned dralos for getting banged :D)

Right man ..and I say...I am old for Lena..hi is a serbian and talk like serbian..what aspects you tha Lena defends albanians + Kosovo ,,,spoken you..as albanian whithout insulting because it is lack of education..

Don Arb
12-15-2012, 11:31 PM
R.I.P. Dralos this is not Hague Tribunal :D

Lena
12-15-2012, 11:42 PM
Lena, I am similar with 1 chechen + armenian ?????: Eek:

I said Armenians linguistically, one member said that and he's Georgian, I can't confirm it since I don't speak Armenian thus I said-most likely.

Geni
12-15-2012, 11:52 PM
I said Armenians linguistically, one member said that and he's Georgian, I can't confirm it since I don't speak Armenian thus I said-most likely.

No Lena... albanian is not armenian, not georgian ,not abkhazian,not udi(albanian caucase)..

safinator
12-15-2012, 11:58 PM
Are you referring to Padre Organtino?

Lena
12-16-2012, 12:02 AM
Are you referring to Padre Organtino?

Correct. I see you were in the chat box at that time as well.

kabeiros
12-16-2012, 12:04 AM
Many Greeks are partly Albanian (Arvanitika). Anyway when I went in Greece I could spot the Alboz from a mile.We can spot them in Greece easily, too, because although on a general scale we look close (pigmentation, hair and eyes color), Alboz have a specific look which is not common in Greece. It is more common in the ex-Yugoslavian states than here

Panopticon
12-16-2012, 12:08 AM

I do not see what is wrong with the photos supplied here. There are so many of them that they are hard to cherry-pick.

Yes, Serbs in Kosovo do look rather different, though probably not in the way you would agree with. They are generally of a stockier build, much shorter and somewhat darker on average. That has been corresponded by several foreign journalists as well.

Some linguists believe that Albanian is related to Greek and Armenian, others do not. It does not have great support and it may partially be due to these languages being isolates. However, that is irrelevent insofar appearance goes. I could note that there are linguists that tie Albanian to Germanic, and mass comparison (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_comparison) seems to point towards the same direction. Moreover, other linguists relate it to Balto-Slavic, one particular linguist, Harvey E. Mayer, even argues that Slavic is a Balticized Albanian (http://www.lituanus.org/1993_2/93_2_05.htm). I am certain you would not argue that Albanians look like Germans or Slavs though.

Lena
12-16-2012, 12:09 AM
Alboz have a specific look which is not common in Greece. It is more common in the ex-Yugoslavian states than here

I beg to differ, it's not common here, no matter pigmentation and all which is more dominant at South of Ex YU, they look different.

Geni
12-16-2012, 12:10 AM
We can spot them in Greece easily, too, because although on a general scale we look close (pigmentation, hair and eyes color), Alboz have a specific look which is not common in Greece. It is more common in the ex-Yugoslavian states than here

Man Albanian look not Slavs.. God hit you with blindness ?? .

Midori
12-16-2012, 12:12 AM
Man Albanian look not Slavs.. God hit you with blindness ?? .

Like South Slavs yes. I have a hard time distinguishing them from Macedonians sometimes (the ones who don't wear burkas/hijabs and stuff I mean)

Geni
12-16-2012, 12:14 AM
Like South Slavs yes. I have a hard time distinguishing them from Macedonians sometimes (the ones who don't wear burkas/hijabs and stuff I mean)

What is burka + jihab ?? I dont know..

Midori
12-16-2012, 12:19 AM
What is burka + jihab ?? I dont know..

This is a hijab (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-U5yGSCmrB7M/T-6kDKS8qaI/AAAAAAAAAGI/FPv-f3fXV5g/s1600/Hijab11.jpg)

MfA_
12-16-2012, 12:22 AM
Cristians are similar to Serbs and Greeks, Muslims are similar to Egyptians and Turks..

safinator
12-16-2012, 12:23 AM
Cristians are similar to Serbs and Greeks, Muslims are similar to Egyptians and Turks..
What about Agnostics/Atheists?

bimo
12-16-2012, 12:26 AM

they look martians :D

MfA_
12-16-2012, 12:26 AM

Was there Atheist Alboz a century ago, dont think so..

safinator
12-16-2012, 12:27 AM
Was there Atheist Alboz a century ago, dont think so..
Answer to my question or GTFO

Don Arb
12-16-2012, 12:38 AM

They look Darwinoid :D
This theory is hilarious

Geni
12-16-2012, 12:48 AM
They look Darwinoid :D
This theory is hilarious

As nuk ja vlen ...po e fik fare

Drawing-slim
12-16-2012, 01:05 AM
In person I never seen a serb greek or turk to ever confuse me as being from anywhere in the west, but i seen albanians whom i'd have bet my life they were from western europe or even scadinavian.

I plaid cards with this guy once two hours not knowing he was albo from kosovo living in sweden.
And after looking at the kosovar albos picture thread it makes total sense eventhough i never being to kosova.
I know some other guys from kosovo and albania who really look 100% central and northern european.
But I can tell a serb balkanians slavs or a greek from miles way.

blabla
12-16-2012, 02:27 PM
[QUOTE=Lena;1226964 If they can obviously visually distinguish them selves from Serbs in Kosovo imagine how out of the place they'd be in Vojvodina. lol

.[/QUOTE]

True, I live in Vojvodina and few Albanians I know here(burek, ice cream sellers) really stand out by their look. True, they are much shorter and darker but that isnt main difference they really look weird and have some unique look.

kosovogirl
12-16-2012, 03:23 PM
True, I live in Vojvodina and few Albanians I know here(burek, ice cream sellers) really stand out by their look. True, they are much shorter and darker but that isnt main difference they really look weird and have some unique look.

lol Albanians are Shorter and darker.... lol! i've been to serbia even the vojvodina region....and trust me my family looked whiter than most serbs. lol. as for hieght it varies, but not much difference. lol

Ushtari
12-16-2012, 06:49 PM
Here in Sweden - Albanians, Bosniaks, Serbs and other people from Balkan are all lumped into a "Balkanic" look. Most fit as simple "Blattar", but when asked specifically from where they are, these people are in 9 out of 10 cases guessed as Balkan.

They overlap with Chechens
From what i have seen on pictures and real life experience, Chechens show more similarity to southslavs than Albanians, they have the same large heads that southslavs have.

linguistically Armenians (someone said that before being banned) most likely...
Albanian language is a isolate within the indo-european family and has no close living relative. It does however share cognates with the substratum in Romanian.

iNird
12-16-2012, 09:29 PM
This thread again? lol

memobekes
12-16-2012, 09:50 PM
If you left a small group of Albanians in a foreign country, they are easy to discern from Poles, Romanians, Bulgarians, Turks and Italians.
Some of the Kosovar Albanians i've seen in real life looked very similar to a few Iraqi Kurds i know. I pointed this out yesterday about the resemblance between some Kurds and Albanians and i can't put my finger on why this is the case given that there has been very little historical interaction between them.

Insuperable
12-16-2012, 09:54 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img825/8913/21718992.jpg

Lena
12-16-2012, 10:22 PM
lol Albanians are Shorter and darker.... lol! i've been to serbia even the vojvodina region....and trust me my family looked whiter than most serbs. lol. as for hieght it varies, but not much difference. lol

If you were really in Vojvodina as you claim, than you're not saying truth here. Simple. Ive roots in Vojvodina from both parent's side and no one would ever confuse me for Albo.

edit: unless blind of course...

kosovogirl
12-16-2012, 10:55 PM
If you were really in Vojvodina as you claim, than you're not saying truth here. Simple. Ive roots in Vojvodina from both parent's side and no one would ever confuse me for Albo.

Lol I never said we are the same but to say you are whiter and taller than us than us is stupid, really it all varies on the person and not the european countries lol

Lena
12-16-2012, 11:03 PM
Lol I never said we are the same but to say you are whiter and taller than us than us is stupid, really it all varies on the person and not the european countries lol

People in Vojvodina, for instance, in average are lighter than Albos. I am 170cm tall which is standard height for a female here, 'nuff said.

ciao

kosovogirl
12-16-2012, 11:06 PM
People in Vojvodina, for instance, in average are lighter than Albos. I am 170cm tall which is standard height for a female here, 'nuff said.

ciao

170 is also the standered heights for kosovar Albanian girls too aswell, and my sister looked whiter than most of you in Serbia. So there you go.

Cannabis Sativa
12-16-2012, 11:12 PM
Tajikistan.

rashka
12-16-2012, 11:50 PM
I pointed this out yesterday about the resemblance between some Kurds and Albanians

I believe you.

Ushtari
12-17-2012, 02:40 PM
If you left a small group of Albanians in a foreign country, they are easy to discern from Poles, Romanians, Bulgarians, Turks and Italians.
Some of the Kosovar Albanians i've seen in real life looked very similar to a few Iraqi Kurds i know. I pointed this out yesterday about the resemblance between some Kurds and Albanians and i can't put my finger on why this is the case given that there has been very little historical interaction between them.
I live in Sweden wich means i see Kurds everyday. The vast majority of them look very exotic and would not pass as Albanians.

Ushtari
12-17-2012, 02:45 PM

I have been in Vojvodina multiple times and they were indeed slightly lighter, but you make it sound as if the difference is as big as putting a random Albanian group in the middle of Stockholm. Kosovogirls family would most likely walk unnoticed there.

freeKurdistan
12-17-2012, 03:52 PM
"Some of the Kosovar Albanians i've seen in real life looked very similar to a few Iraqi Kurds i know. I pointed this out yesterday about the resemblance between some Kurds and Albanians and i can't put my finger on why this is the case given that there has been very little historical interaction between them."

:thumb001:

I know many Albanians who resemble my father, uncle, cousin.
No one can say this old man can't pass as Kurd and his phenotype is most common one in Albania i guess.
http://i50.tinypic.com/35mmv7l.jpg

Lathander
12-17-2012, 04:39 PM
Why aren't kurds included?

Fabian
12-17-2012, 04:56 PM
"Some of the Kosovar Albanians i've seen in real life looked very similar to a few Iraqi Kurds i know. I pointed this out yesterday about the resemblance between some Kurds and Albanians and i can't put my finger on why this is the case given that there has been very little historical interaction between them."

:thumb001:

I know many Albanians who resemble my father, uncle, cousin.
No one can say this old man can't pass as Kurd and his phenotype is most common one in Albania i guess.

Do you live in Turkey? I would not consider the Albanians there who are most likely mixed as accurate representatives of the ethnicity.

Regarding Kosovo Albanians, they tend to have lighter complexion and hair than the average Albanian from Albania proper.

I would never confuse groups Iraqi's with Albanians from Kosovo. On a individual basis possibly but not as a whole...

Fabian
12-17-2012, 05:18 PM
Y-DNA of Kosovo Albanians:

http://mbe.oxfordjournals.org/content/22/10/1964/F2.large.jpg

Y-DNA of Kurds

J2-M172 = 19.9%
F*-M89 = 14.3%
R1a1-M17 = 12.4%
R1-M173 = 11.2%
J1-M267 = 11.2%
P-M45 = 10%
T-M70 = 4.8%
E1b1b1a-M78 = 4%
E1b1b1c-M123 = 4%
G-M201 = 2%

They are some fairly large genetic differences between the groups.

freeKurdistan
12-17-2012, 05:38 PM
Why aren't kurds included?
nice try Tirko. We are not Europeans but it doesn't change the fact that we do have many people who resemble southern europeans, especially Albanians.

Do you live in Turkey? I would not consider the Albanians there who are most likely mixed as accurate representatives of the ethnicity.

Regarding Kosovo Albanians, they tend to have lighter complexion and hair than the average Albanian from Albania proper.

I would never confuse groups Iraqi's with Albanians from Kosovo. On a individual basis possibly but not as a whole...

I do live in turkey/istanbul but i'm not talking about Albanians in turkey.
These are Albanians from Kosova and Albania, you must be blind to not see the resemblance between Albanians and Kurds. :picard2:

http://i48.tinypic.com/vhpycg.jpg

Most Albanians have progressive facial features just like the Kurds even sometimes more progressive than Kurds although Albanians are lighter in general.
http://i47.tinypic.com/2yl92xe.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/14y04ki.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/8ysz6b.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/4012q.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/25i3p09.png

freeKurdistan
12-17-2012, 05:59 PM
Both Albanians and Kurds are mountain warrior peoples.

Old photos of Albanians
http://i46.tinypic.com/4012q.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/4jndxi.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/357rgo3.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/xcoz7s.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/5xre5h.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/2gsmwev.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/v6kg93.jpg

Kurds
http://i49.tinypic.com/nvecef.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/1jmg6g.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/2btufb.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/jzfr6s.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/33ys8ea.jpg

Progressive
mountaineer warrior types

Fabian
12-17-2012, 06:20 PM
I do live in turkey/istanbul but i'm not talking about Albanians in turkey.
These are Albanians from Kosova and Albania, you must be blind to not see the resemblance between Albanians and Kurds. :picard2:

Most Albanians have progressive facial features just like the Kurds even sometimes more progressive than Kurds although Albanians are lighter in general.

One or two individuals are hardly representative of a entire race. If you were to post crowd pictures the difference between Kurds and Albanians would be obvious.

Comparatively based on phenotypes most Albanians and Kurds look plainly different, genetically they also differ significantly.

However that does not mean that some Kurds can't look Albanian and vice versa...

Kurds do seem to be one of the most Europid looking ethnicities in the Middle East, on par with some of the Christian groups in the region. I hope your people can finally have their own country in the (near)future.:)

Prince Carlo
12-17-2012, 06:32 PM
This thread is LOL-

Partizan
12-17-2012, 10:30 PM
This Kurdish guy might have a point. Those are either Iranian Kurds or Lors however they have similar clothing to Albanians:

SW7nLEBElZU

:laugh:

el22
12-17-2012, 10:40 PM
Can you post some pic/movie of Albanians with those "similar" clothes?

Drawing-slim
12-18-2012, 12:12 AM
I believe you.:laugh:Oh my cute rashka

Don Arb
12-18-2012, 12:56 AM
Mostly of albanians here posted by kurdish boy who got hallucinated, represent albanian villagers who during the summer almost 4 months, they have been working in the fields and they get tan as hell like the swedish chicks in greek coasts.

rashka
12-18-2012, 03:41 AM
Both Albanians and Kurds are mountain warrior peoples.

They look amazingly similar. What component (genetic makeup) would be that is shared?

rashka
12-18-2012, 03:58 AM
Mostly of albanians here posted by kurdish boy who got hallucinated, represent albanian villagers who during the summer almost 4 months, they have been working in the fields and they get tan as hell like the swedish chicks in greek coasts.

Has nothing to do with tans but with facial features. :p

PS. Montenegrins do not look like Albanians. :rolleyes:

Sorab
12-18-2012, 05:35 AM
I live in Serbia ,also residing in Vojvodina-northern Serbia from recent time .And the people here look nothing like Albos .Thing is that Vojvodina is more brunette in comparison to some other parts of Serbia (which suggest that the Albos are lying or writing someone elses stereotypes) but still folks here are much lighter than Albos although pigmentation is not the main issue. Ive seen hundreds if not thousands of Albos irl ,most during my army service (KZB).They look nothing like ethnic Serbs from Serbia especially not western Serbia .And certainly not like ethnic Serbs from southeastern Serbia (like Memo suggested) which i visited many times .Albos look foreign and are recognizable before they speak .Albanians writing faitytales about their visits to Vojvodina or other parts of Serbia are particularly funny to me.

Sorab
12-18-2012, 05:39 AM
edit

Su
12-18-2012, 05:57 AM
I live in Serbia and seen hundreds if not thousands of Albos irl ,most during my army service (KZB).They look nothing like ethnic Serbs from Serbia especially not western Serbia .And certainly not like ethnic Serbs from southeastern Serbia which i visited many times .Albos look foreign and are recognizable before they speak .Albanians writing faitytales about their visits to Vojvodina or other parts of Serbia are particularly funny to me.

But you have to admit some Albanians do look much more lighter than some Serbs.Although some Albanian users are getting nasty towards my nation, I dont want to be biased in this subject.

Just take Tonsor or Duskfall or there is another Albo user -I forgot him name- as examples, they honestly look lighter than some other Serbian users in this forum.

Panopticon
12-18-2012, 08:11 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/30135923.jpg