PDA

View Full Version : Self-defence stories

Útrám
12-16-2012, 03:40 AM
This thread is inspired by the weapons debate thread. I'm interested in hearing from fellow members who've had to fend off a hostile individual/group and what(if any) impression it left you with.

On official record my homeland is famously known for it's low rate of violence and peaceful, almost serene socio-environment. However, there is a time when the dark figure of crime will greatly defile that reputation, so much so that some embassies will warn travellers. I'm of course talking about the downtown during Friday and Saturday nights, when drinking and fighting becomes the preferred pastime. Obviously I'm exaggerating a bit, however it still can be unsafe, I've witnessed many seemingly random altercations, and I can't think of many who haven't been a victim to some degree.

Apart from a few vague threats received from random "tough" guys, the only serious encounter I've had is the following: When I and two friends of mine were heading home after a night of clubbing through a street with a shattered after-party crowd. Out of nowhere two dubious men approached us while making threatening hand gestures and accused us of having "laughed at his cousin", we calmly explained that we had been exchanging banter and jokes between ourselves which they must've misunderstood. The two chavs promptly rejected the explanation and told us to prepare for a fight, my two timid friends quickly ran away. I had recently suffered a minor leg injury and thus flight was not an option. The instant my so-called friends fled I produced a concealed switchable knife and brandished it-- the sight of the knife was enough to fend them off.
Of course, everyone around who had witnessed the quarrel was under the bystander effect, mumbling to one another.

I experienced first-hand how responsible one is for ones own protection and how powerful of an instrument a weapon can be. A common reaction to my story and those of its kind has been the usual knee-jerk "Muh Police" argument, my refutation is as always: Law enforcement is not omnipresent and therefore it's not sufficient for everything.

Fortis in Arduis
12-16-2012, 03:53 AM
Well, those random attacks come from nowhere, or seem to spring out of nothing, and something as simple as pepper spray might have saved me when I had been cornered, but UK law forbids the use of pepper spray. :shrug:

EagleAtHeart
12-16-2012, 04:00 AM
It's common here where I live. The thing is, Blacks, Muslims, and Asians/brown people only attack when they outnumber their victim at least 6-1, so no amount of self-defense is helpful. I'm a legendary MMA fighter and always used to carry a weapon. Well, I "did", but I snapped one day and used my pocket knife to give some Asian guy the Glasgow smile and had to go through the whole court process... thankfully it didn't effect my Law School acceptance.

Anywho, if you're looking for self-defense, get a weapon. No amount of MMA/krav maga training will be effective. Worry about the consequences after you save yourself/loved ones.

Neanderthal
12-16-2012, 04:01 AM
Some random dude attacked me out of nowhere on the way to Uni, ended up with his face smashed (I used to box.) 8)
http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/578577_10151089636093576_922554777_n.jpg

Sikeliot
12-16-2012, 04:07 AM
None. I have never been attacked, luckily.

EagleAtHeart
12-16-2012, 04:09 AM
Some random dude attacked me out of nowhere on the way to Uni, ended up with his face smashed (I used to box.) 8)
http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/578577_10151089636093576_922554777_n.jpg

Knife attack? I got a kevlar sleeve I wear under my sweater for when things like that happen. Kevlar is slash resistant.

I also got a kevlar sweater, and an inconspicuous bullet-proof/stab-proof breast plate I wear under my shirt I got from Israel

Also, a Diamond MMA jock/compression shorts.

I live at school which borders a bad neighborhood (nig territory) and have faced some harassment/intimidation so I'm always prepared.

arcticwolf
12-16-2012, 04:10 AM
If you don't look like predator you look like prey. It's as simple as that. Predator rarely attacks another predator, though it happens. So if you don't wanna be prey look like a predator. ;)

Neanderthal
12-16-2012, 04:15 AM
Knife attack? I got a kevlar sleeve I wear under my sweater for when things like that happen. Kevlar is slash resistant.

I also got a kevlar sweater, and an inconspicuous bullet-proof/stab-proof breast plate I wear under my shirt I got from Israel

Also, a Diamond MMA jock/compression shorts.

I live at school which borders a bad neighborhood (nig territory) and have faced some harassment/intimidation so I'm always prepared.

No. I just punched him on the face until I opened his eyebrows and he was spitting blood for some unknow reason, so I got all blood soaked. The guy was taller and heavier than me also. Needless to say, he threatened to find and kill me afterwards.

EagleAtHeart
12-16-2012, 04:17 AM
If you don't look like predator you look like prey. It's as simple as that. Predator rarely attacks another predator, though it happens. So if you don't wanna be prey look like a predator. ;)

Exactly.

I grew up in a rural area and spent lots of time in the woods so I have been in close contact with wild animals

The only thing animals respect is force and power! Apply this same principal to humans.

The thing is, however, where I live, Africans and Arabs go out of their way to cause trouble, no matter what. They travel in packs of 6-10 like a pride looking for people alone to intimidate. Even if you're an alpha male (like me) they will target you if you're alone.

The best thing is to be prepared.

Tactically, I'm prepared to take on up to 6 people at any range. This brings me lots of confidence. I've physically beat up three sand-nigs at one time (these are generally the weakest people I've ever fought) nigs are a different story and have innate gorilla strength... so a weapon is needed. But I try to stay out of trouble, of course. But if trouble does find me, it will be their fault, not mine.

Sikeliot
12-16-2012, 04:17 AM
No. I just punched him on the face until I opened his eyebrows and he was spitting blood for some unknow reason

You must have knocked out some of his teeth, if he was spitting out blood.

Blackout
12-16-2012, 04:25 AM
The last 'fight' I got into, was when I took a detour through this park at night. As I walking, i noticed a large group of people ahead. One of them kept staring at me, which was quite irritating. As I walked past them, the guy who was staring at me said 'what are you looking at'. It was clear that he was looking for trouble, which in turn angered me. Here I am minding my own business and this guy is causing trouble with me for no reason. I quit the foreplay (exchanges of words) and just punched him across his face. He fell down like a sack of potatoes! Anyways, one of his friends was noticeably upset at this, and started jumping up and down swearing (most likely because I just KO'd his boyfriend)! He try's to kick me, but I move out the way and then grab him in a headlock. He was a fairly big guy, but I managed to hold him in that position and hit him with my other fist. Next thing that happens is everyone jumps me. Just before things got bad, someone runs in front of me and tells them all to stop. It turns out, I knew this guy from when I was much younger! I thank GOD it didn't turn out worse, as i could have got hurt (considering how many there were)! :laugh:

Fortis in Arduis
12-16-2012, 04:28 AM
Ok. I once defended myself with a pressure cooker lid when a hog-whimpering drunk personage suddenly attacked me in my house.

I think that he just went a bit nuts because he was depressed and angry, and after putting me in a choke-hold he stopped raging so much, but I grabbed the pan lid and whacked him around the head a few times. It was quite out of the blue, but my gut instinct kicked in.

If I had not had the pressure cooker lid, then I might have been in trouble.

I am really not a violent man at all, and it would be the last thing that I would do, but I was being attacked.

I did try some krav maga classes, but they were not that interesting, (rather like my life) so I stopped going.

If only I could carry some pepper spray. :shrug:

Anglojew
12-16-2012, 05:16 AM
I caught a guy stealing from my car. Didn't end well for him.

Scarlet Ibis
12-16-2012, 10:00 AM
Haven't ever been attacked, fortunately. I did pull a gun on someone once, although it wasn't as dramatic as it might sound.

When I was living within the city limits of New Orleans, my house was broken into, and ransacked twice within a year. Each time it happened, I had been out of town. It was tiring, and it pissed me off.

Within that same year, I was sleeping one night, after just coming back in from out of town late at night. I woke up, because I heard someone jiggling the doorknob a little, and messing with the lock. "Here we go again" immediately ran through my head.

Anyway, I kept the lights off, grabbed a 9mm, and waited a little while. I didnt really know what to do if there were multiple people, but I found a spot where I could crouch down, and peep out to see what was happening on the front porch. I was just going to wait in that spot, shoot whoever came in, and hope for the best.

After the guy got done messing with the door lock, I saw him look in my mailbox. Then, he started crawling over my front porch railing to leave. I really don't know why he didnt just walk down the steps, as he was equally visible to the world either way. When he had his back turned at a safe distance, I popped open the door, pointed my gun at him, told him not to move, and asked him if I could help him. He said he had the wrong address. :rolleyes: He was unarmed, and obviously drunk, so it could have been true. Wasn't taking any chances that night, though.

Graham
12-16-2012, 10:01 AM
Never been attacked once in my life. No house breaks ins, fuckall.

ficuscarica
12-16-2012, 10:05 AM
Once got attacked by a Turk, finished him off with a Greco-Roman wrestling move...

Graham
12-16-2012, 10:06 AM
Once got attacked by a Turk, finished him off with a Greco-Roman wrestling move...

Explains a lot. :D

ficuscarica
12-16-2012, 10:08 AM
Explains a lot. :D

It is normal. Many Germans get attacked by Turks. They are well known for their anti-German aggression. Too bad for him that he attacked the wrong one. It was over in five seconds and he had to give up because I had him in a choke hold. :D A crowd saw it and little wannabe Turkic Ubermensch was humiliated by a younger guy.

Graham
12-16-2012, 10:36 AM
Back to self-defence lads..take it outside. Off topic now. :)

Heart of Oak
12-16-2012, 10:39 AM
Is a must these days, I spent over 15 years, perfecting my own style in the forces, I am by no means a "hard man", the hardness you desire is in the mind, the stronger you are in mind, the more damage you will inflict on your assailant...
never loss your temper, If you do you have lost the fray, all ways keep something back, surprize is a means of attack, an attack is the best form of defence...
when throwing a punch, aim six inches behind the area you wish to hit, an make sure all your wieght is behind the punch...
aim for the throat...:picard2:
the best thing to do, is take lessons...

Leon_C
12-16-2012, 10:39 AM
I've never experienced a break in and I've never been attacked, perhaps I need to get out more.

Graham
12-16-2012, 10:41 AM
Is a must these days, I spent over 15 years, perfecting my own style in the forces, I am by no means a "hard man", the hardness you desire is in the mind, the stronger you are in mind, the more damage you will inflict on your assailant...
never loss your temper, If you do you have lost the fray, all ways keep something back, surprize is a means of attack, an attack is the best form of defence...
when throwing a punch, aim six inches behind the area you wish to hit, an make sure all your wieght is behind the punch...
aim for the throat...:picard2:

You were in the navy? Uncle was in the navy also. He's the same age as you nearly.

Germanicus
12-16-2012, 11:49 AM
Always walk softly and carry a big stick!!!

Graham
12-16-2012, 11:55 AM
Always walk softly and carry a big stick!!!

To hit cretins, only for being cretins. :D

Anglojew
12-16-2012, 02:10 PM
It is normal. Many Germans get attacked by Turks. They are well known for their anti-German aggression. Too bad for him that he attacked the wrong one. It was over in five seconds and he had to give up because I had him in a choke hold. :D A crowd saw it and little wannabe Turkic Ubermensch was humiliated by a younger guy.

What's with Muslims being so aggressive?

Blackout
12-16-2012, 02:24 PM

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJPjikBk70lrABLtmctMRDzPK3Ib5Cg Z-bsvRg3EFGxlvM0LxTgQ

Blackout
12-16-2012, 02:25 PM
You were in the navy? Uncle was in the navy also. He's the same age as you nearly.

Maybe he's your uncle? :)

ficuscarica
12-16-2012, 02:26 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJPjikBk70lrABLtmctMRDzPK3Ib5Cg Z-bsvRg3EFGxlvM0LxTgQ

@MODS: I have been told no to troll/insult Turks/muslims. But these apes keep annoying and insulting me.

If this SHIT (what is he doing in a European community in the first place?!) doesnīt remove that pic I wonīt remove this post either.

Graus
12-16-2012, 02:30 PM

The unrealistic part is not him beating the Turk but only being attacked by one. Normally they dont even take a shit without their 30 cousins.

Blackout
12-16-2012, 02:32 PM
@MODS: I have been told no to troll/insult Turks/muslims. But these apes keep annoying and insulting me.

If this SHIT (what is he doing in a European community in the first place?!) doesnīt remove that pic I wonīt remove this post either.

Your a f****** JEWISH b******, remember that. :thumb001:

Just because you know a few things about Christianity, does not mean you are one. I know a lot about the church of England (at one point, more than Islam).

GIVE UP YOUR GAME YOU FILTHY DISEASED KIKE SON OF A B****.

ficuscarica
The unrealistic part is not him beating the Turk but only being attacked by one. Normally they dont even take a shit without their 30 cousins.

He later came after me with a friend. :picard1: But they didnīt dare to really attack.

Caismeachd
I've never been mugged or attacked without provocation before (knock on wood), and I have been in some really dangerous areas before. I have been in some fights though. I was jumped by 4-5 Chinese guys (got into a fight with a bouncer at a club and he and his friends ganged up on me as I walked around a corner). It was pretty bad.

Once you get into a fight your fear of future fights diminishes. You aren't afraid of pain or anything like you normally would be if you haven't fought before. I don't know how well I would do in a one on one fight but I have taken boxing classes/martial arts and do grip training to strengthen my hands/arms so I think I would do pretty well against an average person (knock on wood). When the bouncer initially attacked me I was able to instinctively dodge all of his attempts to hit me. So one on one I think I would be a pretty good match.

Partizan
12-16-2012, 02:37 PM

It is your fault to talk shit about Turks and creating fake stories. Your this post's purpose is nothing but insulting Turks and propagandising anti-Turkism:

I can't talk behalf Crescent but as a person who is of Caucasus(Meskhetian/Ahiska Turk) and Balkan(West Thracian/Aegean Macedonian Turk) descent, I have more things to do in an European forum than a kike, who is writing from Israel, under Kraut mask.

Blackout
12-16-2012, 02:38 PM
He later came after me with a friend. :picard1: But they didnīt dare to really attack.

You couldn't fight your way out of a brown paper bag.

http://i.imgur.com/IRKiZ.jpg

ficuscarica
12-16-2012, 02:40 PM
Your a f*cking JEWISH bastard, remember that. :thumb001:

Just because you know a few things about Christianity, does not mean you are one. I know a lot about the church of England (at one point, more than Islam).

GIVE UP YOUR GAME YOU FILTHY DISEASED KIKE SON OF A BITCH.

Yes, and we Jews control you. We made you muslim filths strech out your brown asses to Satan (Phallahus) five times a day. And we wiped our asses with your pathetic armies several times. AM ISRAEL CHAI!

Sultan Suleiman
12-16-2012, 02:40 PM
Even if you're an alpha male (like me) they will target you if you're alone.

:lol:

Sabinae
12-16-2012, 02:43 PM
Your a f*cking JEWISH bastard, remember that. :thumb001:

GIVE UP YOUR GAME YOU FILTHY DISEASED KIKE SON OF A BITCH.

Can you please edit your post? Or shall I? It's beyond "discussion" boundaries... thanks!

On another note... I may look like a predator... That's why the few whom tried attacking failed miserably :D I'm joking.

The worse attack/robbery I've "survived" just brought me a long, sleek cut on the right arm, and some bruises. I could of struggled with one guy...but there were three of them, so...

Graus
12-16-2012, 02:43 PM

Thats quite typical, although if he still could come after you, after the first fight. ,you were too merciful. Next time dont let them tap out but break the arm instead.

Sultan Suleiman
12-16-2012, 02:44 PM

Bloody German bugger boy...

At least I hope you gave it to him as a proper Christian using a lube :D

Seriously bro you are more built for kickboxing rather than that faggotary.

ficuscarica
12-16-2012, 02:46 PM
Bloody German bugger boy...

At least I hope you gave it to him as a proper Christian using a lube :D

Seriously bro you are more built for kickboxing rather than that faggotary.

I honestly believe that grappling is the most effective way to use the human body as a weapon. Brazilian Jiu-Jiutsu and/or professional wrestling usually dominate the freefight world.

Mans not hot
12-16-2012, 02:47 PM
:popcorn:

Graham
12-16-2012, 02:47 PM
Headlocked..What happened to the DDT followed by the elbow drop Ficus?

Zmey Gorynych
12-16-2012, 02:49 PM

and since not many can pull that off, RUNNING is the answer to all your questions ladies and gentlemen :)

:popcorn:

looks like we've got a lot of tough monkeys 'round here :)

Aura
12-16-2012, 02:50 PM
I finished a guy with my heels :)

Virtuous
12-16-2012, 02:51 PM
and since not many can pull that off, RUNNING is the answer to all your questions ladies and gentlemen :)

looks like we've got a lot of tough monkeys 'round here :)

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltw90pj4Ts1qij1mgo2_500.gif

Sultan Suleiman
12-16-2012, 02:52 PM
I honestly believe that grappling is the most effective way to use the human body as a weapon. Brazilian Jiu-Jiutsu and/or professional wrestling usually dominate the freefight world.

You are just wasting your natural build bro.

Few more kgs of muscles and fat would do wonders for your stability in combat.

And in free fights higher levels of Krav Maga (for the retarded masses) or Silat Gayong (for the master race capable of a bit more complex hand to eye coordination) ALWAYS dominate.

I watched much more bigger and experienced guys than you fall.

Corvus
12-16-2012, 02:54 PM
I have never been involved in a street fight, although I had some fights playing icehockey
One time it occured that I accidently broke the nose of my opponent with the stick and I immediatly apologized. I think he has a Jewish nose now.
But I felt for him and it resulted in a bad conscience :(

But as we all know: It`s part of the game

Zmey Gorynych
12-16-2012, 02:55 PM
I was once attacked by a group of 5 men, killed them all with a swing of my arm :)
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-srtb0u9MFQw/T8hkjCjkjYI/AAAAAAAAABg/TABe-5oL2i4/s1600/misc-true-story-l.png

Sultan Suleiman
12-16-2012, 02:56 PM

Well not every one is privileged enough to look like a Neanderthal like us two bro. :cool:

Mans not hot
Ficus vs Crescent:
http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/7/78/Gun_fight.gif

ficuscarica
FOCK PISSRAEL...
The relationship between Jew and muslim. :thumb001:

http://s2.jrnl.ie/media/2010/10/IsraelSoldierFB-380x282-390x285.jpg
http://www.jerusalem-holy-land.org/a3.jpg
http://australiansforpalestine.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/IDF-beating-palestinian.jpg

Where is phallahus now???
http://www.thehypertexts.com/images/israel-palestine_map.jpg

derLowe
12-16-2012, 02:57 PM

Certainly the most cost effective solution.

I personally found that a can of pepper spray dose wonders, unless you have lots of bystanders around.

Sultan Suleiman
12-16-2012, 03:01 PM

Giving Europe to phallus crew :cool:

Aura
12-16-2012, 03:02 PM
Jews are definitly evil

Legion
12-16-2012, 03:03 PM

lol. owned.

Graham
12-16-2012, 03:04 PM
Look like typical bullies in those photos. Don't see why we're talking Palastine/Israel btw??

Sultan Suleiman
12-16-2012, 03:05 PM
Look like typical bullies in those photos.

Me? :(

Partizan
12-16-2012, 03:06 PM

http://s2.jrnl.ie/media/2010/10/IsraelSoldierFB-380x282-390x285.jpg
http://www.jerusalem-holy-land.org/a3.jpg
http://australiansforpalestine.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/IDF-beating-palestinian.jpg

Bad Yahoodi, someone should remind you what Hezbollah did in 2006 :) (One of rare times when Shia do something right)

http://www.sanfranciscosentinel.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/hezbollah-chief-122908.jpg

http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/12/10/30/2655789/8/628x471.jpg

Blackout
12-16-2012, 03:08 PM

Extremely brave people, when they have guns. Let's see them try to do that without their weapons.

Pound for pound, the Palestinians would tear you guys apart.

Mraz
12-16-2012, 03:27 PM
Never got problems, except in primary school where I had to fight once...
I guess it's thank to my glasses, fighters are afraid to break them :O

EagleAtHeart
12-16-2012, 03:29 PM

Turks sounds exactly like the other Muslims we have here... Arabs, Pakis, etc. I don't think there's a lot of Turks here, but the few I met in school seemed to be decent people, but then again, they looked very white, probably not the kurdish scum you get in Europe

ficuscarica
12-16-2012, 03:33 PM
Extremely brave people, when they have guns. Let's see them try to do that without their weapons.

Pound for pound, the Palestinians would tear you guys apart.

Donīt worry, we humiliated all Arab armies at once, several times. :thumb001:

@The Turk: When the Turks went on their Gaza flotilla ships they sang "Yahud, Yahud, remember Khaybar!".

Now we sing: "Turk, Turk, remember Gaza!"

How many Turks died again? But they feared the Jews and did nothing...

EagleAtHeart
12-16-2012, 03:53 PM

Jiu-Jiutsu and wrestling is pretty useless in a street fight. How are you going to throw a triangle on someone that has a weapon in their hands, or arm bar anyone when there's 5 guys on top of you kicking you.

i like krav maga for self defense, but even that isn't enough.

The best defense is always to have a weapon!

ficuscarica
12-16-2012, 03:55 PM
Jiu-Jiutsu and wrestling is pretty useless in a street fight. How are you going to throw a triangle on someone that has a weapon in their hands, or arm bar anyone when there's 5 guys on top of you kicking you.

i like krav maga for self defense, but even that isn't enough.

The best defense is always to have a weapon!

I was referring to one on one fights without weapons. Of course it is saver to carry a pistol and know how to use it. :D

Partizan
12-16-2012, 04:01 PM
@The Turk: When the Turks went on their Gaza flotilla ships they sang "Yahud, Yahud, remember Khaybar!".

About Comrade Deniz Gezmiş who I was named after:

We can observe a similar reaction within the Turkish Revolutionary Movement. We had socialist brothers from Turkey who went to Palestine in 1960s to fight against Israel. And one of them still remains in my memory and my heart; Deniz Gezmis..!

[Deniz Gezmis, 1947-1972, was a Turkish revolutionary in the Marxist-Leninist tradition. He led major student actions in the late 1960s, went to a Fatah training camp in Lebanon in late 1969, returned to Turkey where his group seized four US army privates in Ankara. After their release of the soldiers, Gezmis was captured, tried for attempting to overthrow the Turkish state and, with two of his comrades, was hanged in the central prison in Ankara on May 6, 1972. Editors.]

Q. What is the importance of Denizs for you?

Hasan Nasrallah: We now want new Denizs. Our ranks are always open to new Denizs against the oppressors. Deniz will always live in the hearts of the peoples of Palestine and Lebanon. No-one should doubt this. Unfortunately, there is no longer a common fight and fraternity against the common enemy left over by the Denizs. What we would have liked is for our socialist brothers in Lebanon to fight against imperialism and Zionism shoulder to shoulder. This fight is not only our fight. It is the common fight of all those oppressed across the world. Don’t forget that if the peoples of Palestine and Lebanon lose this war, this will mean the defeat of all the oppressed people of the world. In our fight against imperialism, the revolutionaries should also undertake a responsibility and should become, in the hearts of our people of Palestine and Lebanon, Denizs once again.

http://www.counterpunch.org/2006/08/17/the-nasrallah-interview/

Underlined part, hmm :rolleyes:

http://m.friendfeed-media.com/f8b770d64583d684b5ab40eb35964b94d19b4167

Blackout
12-16-2012, 04:02 PM
Donīt worry, we humiliated all Arab armies at once, several times. :thumb001:

No one fears the Jews at all. It's just you have most of the worlds leaders on your side (for example America). If they go to war with you guys, then they will have to fight several other countries aswell.

In regards to the 6 day war, Israel was given a lot of intelligence secretly by the so called allies of Egypt Syria etc; therefore they attacked like cowards (without declaring war). Most of the damage was done via heavy aerial attacks. When they dared going for a ground assault, they suffered heavy losses. In fact we can even see it today, when Israel bombed lebanon. They began to get humiliated when they went for a ground assault!

Loki
12-16-2012, 06:13 PM
It seems people can't behave and act like kids again. Therefore, thread closed.