PDA

View Full Version : Do you lack the desire to go out?

Drawing-slim
12-16-2012, 05:31 AM
I don't even remember last time I went to a nightclub. I dont even like going to bars since alchohol makes me sick or makes me feel like shit the next day even if i dont have a hangover. Just a mental downer it gives me the next day.. Plus i dont like the drinking nature of people in general..
Its saturday night and as i was about to drive somewhere because is a busy busy weekend here, I turned around and put my pejamas on and shut that door for the night.

I dont know if anyone can relate to this thinking, but as i was in my car doing the math in my head whether how long and how many drinks would i have to put up with and maybe meet a girl i can get laid.
So anything over an hour semed like a waste of time and headache, suppose i'm guaranteed to get a girl and break the deal within one hour.:rolleyes:
Fuck it! Maybe i'm jaded but I dont feel like there's anything wrong with me!?
I'm a total introvert but I can be social and outgoing as well, not shy to go out
a give myself a chance, having the confidence that my odds at hooking up are as good as anyone elses out there, if not above everage why not. Yet i lack total desire to even talk to people or get to know people.
Is this somekinda sickness, normal..!? I know this post went longer than intended with to many "I's"..:P

Sikeliot
12-16-2012, 05:31 AM
I want to go out and live it up and enjoy being young.. my busy schedule and classes just do not permit it. And my future has to come first.

Slycooper
12-16-2012, 05:32 AM
No. I like going out. If not that just chilling wit my friends.

Caismeachd
12-16-2012, 06:34 AM
I did a lot but it was mostly boring and uneventful. Waste of money most of the time.

Minesweeper
12-16-2012, 07:06 AM
I want to go out and live it up and enjoy being young.. my busy schedule and classes just do not permit it. And my future has to come first.

You can't tell me that you can not afford an evening free or two in a week. You are not a middle aged Japanese.

Seriously, you are an admin here, I understand that you have to be active but this is not a prison, you come first. It would be a pity to miss some things now.

rhiannon
12-16-2012, 07:38 AM
I'm perfectly happy as long as my husband and I are spending time together. We really enjoy just being around each other and talking about everything!

Mortimer
12-16-2012, 07:46 AM
i can related to this thinking. perfectly. see it like you.

Han Cholo
12-16-2012, 08:32 AM
I like going out, but the local scene around my hometown does not fit the expectation I have of "going out".

Absinthe
12-16-2012, 09:22 AM
snip

That's all called "growing up"....;)

poiuytrewq0987
12-16-2012, 09:40 AM
Only wimps like to stay in and consider going out too much of an effort. In other words, it's not for everyone.

Absinthe
12-16-2012, 09:48 AM
Only wimps like to stay in and consider going out too much of an effort. In other words, it's not for everyone.
And how old are you, 21? :P We'll talk about it again in 15 years or so ;)

Trun
12-16-2012, 09:56 AM
Chalga discos? Cheap alcohol? No thanks. I'll be a nerd and play computer games.

Minesweeper
12-16-2012, 10:06 AM
Chalga discos? Cheap alcohol? No thanks. I'll be a nerd and play computer games.

You can always avoid chalga discos, go out to the metal clubs or something, I bet there is an alternative near your place. And what's the problem with cheap alcohol? You don't have to drink it. They offer both cheap and expensive drinks and non-alcoholic ones for non-drinkers, basically to satisfy anyone who is willing to pay.

poiuytrewq0987
12-16-2012, 10:25 AM

There is a lot of good places in Sofia with lots of hot girls. Don't let a little gypsy music stop you. ;)

poiuytrewq0987
12-16-2012, 10:27 AM
And how old are you, 21? :P We'll talk about it again in 15 years or so ;)

I probably will be married by then but we will definitely talk again in 15 years. :p

Azalea
12-16-2012, 10:49 AM
Yeah I can relate to this somewhat. I don't go out that much either but the difference is that when I actually do go out, I am having a good time. I also like the effect alcohol has on me (I never get drunk though). So I sometimes force myself to go out because I know that I will be having a good night. :D

Lithium
12-16-2012, 10:56 AM
It totally depends on my mood and the occasion. I don't like clubs with popular music, I prefer spending time outside with better music and fresh air.

Heart of Oak
12-16-2012, 11:03 AM
I prefer a good meal, good company, good conversation, fine wine, in fact an Adult evening, anytime...

Jackson
12-16-2012, 11:11 AM
Yeah i can relate to this to some degree. If it's going out to a club or just for a full night out i might need a bit of extra 'prodding' but i usually enjoy it. However i much prefer just going to the pub and drinking till closing time with some mates, much better than going to a club - a hot, dark sweaty building with a load of drunk people and a sticky floor, and you have to pay to get in - seems like a bad deal. Although i do go to clubs sometimes, they just aren't as good as pubs.

Fortis in Arduis
12-16-2012, 12:17 PM
Partied out.

I used to go to clubs like Vague at the Warehouse in Leeds, and the Paradise Factory and the Hacienda in Manchester.

I just cannot stand drunk people anymore, and if I booze I feel ill.

Drawing-slim
12-16-2012, 05:47 PM
Only wimps like to stay in and consider going out too much of an effort. In other words, it's not for everyone.Sure, you're the man:P

Sir Mittens
12-17-2012, 11:57 AM
I don't lack the desire to go out, only the social contacts to actually be invited to a few parties. I guess I could ask classmates if I could join them and they wouldn't mind, but I haven't. I'm introverted and thus remain fine without all the socializing, but I definitely would go out more, could be really awesome.

Sultan Suleiman
12-17-2012, 12:28 PM
Meh Sarajevo nightlife after you hit up all the interesting clubs, looses it's charm and sense of novelty. Especially as you grow older you realize that the it's just a colossal waste of time and money if you already got friends and a girl to ease your other needs.

I only "go outside" with my friends, on concerts from few select artists and in few hours after college classes. Because if I have to hear one more Aca Lukas's or Karleuša songs while some dipshit cockblocks you for the 46984362476938th time I will start hunting these fuckers down and scalping their shit, just as the voices say I should.

Kazimiera
12-17-2012, 12:28 PM
I have never liked nightclubs or disco's. They are just too big for my liking. I also cannot handle very loud music. I went out to a few clubs and it was just too much of a sensory overload.

When I was in my late teens and early twenties I went out literally every night. I've never been a big drinker and I'd drink coke whilst everyone around me got pissed. I don't like the taste of alcohol then and I don't like it now, but it didn't stop me from going out from going out and having fun.

I preferred going to smaller pubs where I knew everyone. We'd chat until late in the night, sometimes even the next morning because the pubs closed around 6-7am in those days.

I started chilling a bit when I was about 23. I was studying nursing at the time, and due to my practical studies I saw things that most people didn't. Working in the healthcare sector in a Third world country can be quite eye-opening and I started losing touch with the people who got pissed and drugged up night after night. Things which were important to me were now different to those which were important to my old buddy crowd. I saw violence, murder, trauma, poverty. They didn't. They just got drunk. They couldn't talk about the things which I was seeing.

I started hanging out more with fellow nurses from my university. We had fun, but as we were seeing the same things and going through the same experiences, we had much more in common. When we joked about things, were on the same level. Things we found funny weren't exactly consider funny by general population. There was a level of understanding there which I was no longer getting from the old crowd. I sort-of separated from them, not so much by choice but more as a result of circumstance. They continued getting pissed and doing drugs. My world had changed but theirs hadn't.

After I qualified I had much more responsibility. A fuck-up in their jobs meant the books not balancing at the end of the day. A fuck-up in my job meant someone dying as a result of my negligence. I was different now.

I don't go out anymore. Too many people leave me exhausted. I'm very sensitive to lots of sensory input and going out places leaves me feeling drained and not energised.

I would rather hang out at home than go out nowadays. That drive to party is gone. But I am also ten years older than I was back then. My priorities are different now.

Absinthe
12-17-2012, 12:45 PM
Sure, you're the man:P
Why do you keep editing out your original posts? This is really frustrating, man!! :no000000:

Sarmatian
12-17-2012, 01:04 PM
That's all called "growing up"....;)

^^ This. The older you get the more often you asking yourself 'What for?' before you start doing something that you tended to do spontaneously without thinking at earlier age.

Youngsters are full of energy they can waste around on anything they stumble upon in their lives. Older people have to consider how to spend their energy efficiently on things that bring back an emotional reward and consequently recharging their 'batteries'.

finşaų
12-17-2012, 01:09 PM
I hate it, and I always have.

Sultan Suleiman
12-17-2012, 03:26 PM
I hate it, and I always have.

I don't like (far from hate) Sarajevo night life, but DUDE YOU ARE LIVING IN SWEDEN!!!!

Why would you willingly want to remove this out of your life?

CvFFwcUOIOA

WHY, YOU STRANGE IGLOO DWELLER?!?!

Azalea
12-17-2012, 06:23 PM
Yeah I can relate to this somewhat. I don't go out that much either but the difference is that when I actually do go out, I am having a good time. I also like the effect alcohol has on me (I never get drunk though). So I sometimes force myself to go out because I know that I will be having a good night. :D

Btw here I was strictly talking about bars and clubs.

StonyArabia
12-17-2012, 06:25 PM

So Turks drink, but don't eat pork? Because Alcohol seems to be fine not so much in the other parts of the Muslim world.

Peyrol
12-17-2012, 06:27 PM
I like going out and having social life, and there isn't nothing wrong in this.:coffee:

StonyArabia
12-17-2012, 06:29 PM
Sleeping is far better than the nightlife for me that is.

iNird
12-17-2012, 06:32 PM
Not a fan of bars and clubs. Never been.

John Doe
12-17-2012, 06:35 PM
I love going out but most of my friends live in different cities and making friends where I live is hard. Small towns are cliquey and if you are not born and raised there, you are an outsider.

Illancha
12-17-2012, 06:37 PM
I can honestly say I have never gone out to a bar or club in my entire life nor do I care to do so. I am not bothered by it at all. And it's not like I have any issues or internal conflicts regarding this matter it just never occurs to me 'go out' in this way in the first place.
People ask me if I don't get bored or self conscious or at the very least if I'm curious to try it and the fact is I'm not, not at all. I guess I have better things to do.

Eliades
12-17-2012, 06:37 PM
Nope, in fact I'm the opposite. I always like to be out and about socially, etc.

Aurora
12-17-2012, 06:38 PM
I only like going out into nature.

StonyArabia
12-17-2012, 06:39 PM
Not a fan of bars and clubs. Never been.

Their places of abomination so why even go there. There is much productive ways to have fun. I never liked the idea of going out, frankly it's quite lame. As well when you drink Alcohol you act like animal and humiliate yourself why do you need that.

morski
12-17-2012, 06:43 PM
Their places of abomination so why even go there. There is much productive ways to have fun. I never liked the idea of going out, frankly it's quite lame. As well when you drink Alcohol you act like animal and humiliate yourself why do you need that.

:picard1:

iNird
12-17-2012, 06:44 PM

I wouldn't go that far, I just don't feel comfortable in these social settings. You sound quite naive on this subject. Loosen up, have a drink :D

Drawing-slim
12-18-2012, 02:51 AM
Why do you keep editing out your original posts? This is really frustrating, man!! :no000000:Thats funny you actually read the original one:P

Absinthe
12-18-2012, 06:05 AM
Thats funny you actually read the original one:P
Yeah I read the original one :p

Heart of Oak
12-18-2012, 10:33 AM
yep its good to cut lose from time to time, as long as you are not hurting or disturbing anyone else...
If your actions are causing others discomfort an hardship you should stop...
In my youth we cut lose in wide open fields, large PA decks generator, an you have nature as a chill out room, just go for a walk(with a friend)on your own, I had many a good few days at this type of rave...
Of coarse pills were £25 each then...but they were real n good...:D

Leliana
12-18-2012, 11:32 AM
I'm more a fan of bars, pubs and cozy smaller clubs and not so much of discos or huge dancing temples. I've seen both and the latter are a bit too chaotic, loud and overcrowded for my taste. Large discos and clubs are a magnet for all types of nasty and vile guys with their immigrant cliques. Since I began to work I don't go out weeknights any longer. :ohwell: Most of my narrow circle of friends are working too so it doesn't make lots of sense to go out alone. Actually I never go out alone! :) If I can't meet some friends somewhere then I do something different but going out.

Some alcohol is part of the fun but I try to don't overdo it. :cool: Here in Germany and Austria we drink some stuff at home before leaving for the night, called 'Vorglühen'. It's cheaper.

Humanophage
12-18-2012, 11:53 AM
I've never been to a night club; though I had to attend some parties with people I didn't know well. That was an awkward, boring experience. Club parties seem like the place to go if you lack any actual hobbies or interests.

I prefer small gatherings of friends where we can discuss something or play a tabletop game, though generally I just talk to them over the internet.

Most of the reasonable pastimes are solo anyway. Reading, writing, games, lectures, music, films.

Smaland
12-18-2012, 01:59 PM
Haven't done it in a long time, but I'd like to go to a quiet, friendly bar and have a couple of beers with a friend. We could just talk or watch a sporting event on TV (my best friend likes the Green Bay Packers, an American football team). Nothing loud or wild, just some friendship and relaxation.

finşaų
12-19-2012, 07:19 AM
I don't like (far from hate) Sarajevo night life, but DUDE YOU ARE LIVING IN SWEDEN!!!!

Why would you willingly want to remove this out of your life?

CvFFwcUOIOA

WHY, YOU STRANGE IGLOO DWELLER?!?!

I see more attractive and amiable-looking girls every time I look out my window. :P

Baldur
12-19-2012, 07:22 AM
haha going out in my city is a joke, always see the same people, girls being mobbed by africans.. I rather sit at a pub and talk with friends then spending money to go to a club and enjoy that image...

dralos
12-19-2012, 09:22 AM
those women of stockholm look mighty fine,you swedes here should be getting all those hotties,lucky bastards:D

Baldur
12-19-2012, 09:24 AM
those women of stockholm look mighty fine,you swedes here should be getting all those hotties,lucky bastards:D

Golddigers the lot of them ;)

dralos
12-19-2012, 09:27 AM
Golddigers the lot of them ;)
really so normal dudes wont have a change with them?

Baldur
12-19-2012, 09:37 AM
really so normal dudes wont have a change with them?

well maybe if act like a rich dude or sth.

dralos
12-19-2012, 10:11 AM
well maybe if act like a rich dude or sth.
i bet if you talk to them,they will surprise you how kind they can be:D

Baldur
12-19-2012, 10:13 AM
i bet if you talk to them,they will surprise you how kind they can be:D

Anyways never been there lol, i live in the city where the girls are hardcore gangsters and calls eachother brother and man...

dralos
12-19-2012, 10:18 AM
Anyways never been there lol, i live in the city where the girls are hardcore gangsters and calls eachother brother and man...
those gangsta bitchez arent difficult usaully:D

Heart of Oak
12-19-2012, 01:44 PM
Let me at these gangsta bitches, I will let them ride my horses, then see how hard core they really are...

Kazimiera
03-27-2013, 10:07 PM
---> moved to Psychology