PDA

View Full Version : Famous ancestors or relatives

Anglojew
12-16-2012, 07:35 AM
I'm descended from Charlemagne, King David and distantly related to Winston Churchill.

http://www.kingsacademy.com/mhodges/11_Western-Art/11_Early-Medieval/WLB-132_Charlemagne.jpg

http://www.bible-topten.com/david.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me26hodxnm1rlynzho1_1280.jpg

I'm wondering if other members are descended or related to anyone famous also?

Annihilus
12-16-2012, 08:06 AM
Harry Potter is my cousin.

ficuscarica
12-16-2012, 08:09 AM
Is that a joke? Do you have genealogies reaching thousands of years back? I have genealogies reaching 300 years back, and that´s already rather rare.

I don´t have really famous ancestors, but the guys who invented the bicycle and the car(!) were born in the same city as I.
On my mother´s side I also have mayor(s?) in the family line, but only of a small town.

Rouxinol
12-16-2012, 08:13 AM
I'm descended from king Alfonso I of Portugal and prince Henry the Navigator.

Anglojew
12-16-2012, 08:21 AM

Impressive.

Anglojew
12-16-2012, 08:25 AM
Is that a joke? Do you have genealogies reaching thousands of years back? I have genealogies reaching 300 years back, and that´s already rather rare.

I don´t have really famous ancestors, but the guys who invented the bicycle and the car(!) were born in the same city as I.
On my mother´s side I also have mayor(s?) in the family line, but only of a small town.

No, descended from medieval French Rabbi of the Davidic line and an English Aristocrat descended from Charlemagne, If I remember correctly through a Byzantine princess.

ficuscarica
12-16-2012, 08:35 AM
That´s quite impressive, the best of the two worlds combined.

You should add "Franks" to your Meta-Ethnicities then.

Anglojew
12-16-2012, 08:50 AM
That´s quite impressive, the best of the two worlds combined.

You should add "Franks" to your Meta-Ethnicities then.

I don't think an ancestor 1200 years ago makes me very Frankish. There's millions of defendants of Charlemagne according to scholars.

The King David one is very accepted and researched in Jewish genology. Jews kept records of these things and research such as the so- called Cohen gene shows there's a scientific basis to Jewish beliefs.

Anglojew
12-16-2012, 08:55 AM

Alfonso was a descendant of Charlemagne. That makes us related! (Probably along with half of Europe).

Arthas
12-16-2012, 02:20 PM
The family myth is that we are descended from Horatio Nelson.

Anglojew
12-16-2012, 02:23 PM

Wow, I've been on the Victory. Very cool if it's true.

Caismeachd
12-16-2012, 02:26 PM
I'm supposedly related to Franklin Pierce but I don't know for certain. My genealogy is pretty clear cut and easy to trace though all the way back to the 1700's at least.

My dad is in the who's who almanac for business a few years in a row and was highly successful as the CEO for the company that developed the software Airports use to book/track flights (it's called sabre). Some people find that to be a big deal but I could care less.

Anglojew
12-16-2012, 02:29 PM
I'm supposedly related to Franklin Pierce but I don't know for certain. My genealogy is pretty clear cut and easy to trace though all the way back to the 1700's at least.

My dad is in the who's who almanac for business a few years in a row and was highly successful as the CEO for the company that developed the software Airports use to book/track flights (it's called sabre). Some people find that to be a big deal but I could care less.

Excellent. I'll look him up.

Corvus
12-16-2012, 02:32 PM
I think I am directly related to Adolf Hitler.
I know this sounds like a bold statement and many will disagree, but there are some distinct indications.
He is Austrian/German like me and I think we both resemble each other.

Arthas
12-16-2012, 02:35 PM
we both resemble each other.

Post a picture?

Corvus
12-16-2012, 02:39 PM
Post a picture?

I have posted so many already. Almost everybody has seen me.

Leon_C
12-16-2012, 02:43 PM
nobody worth mention from my knowledge, just a bunch of random English and German peasants.

derLowe
12-16-2012, 02:52 PM

My great grandmother came from the same town as the composer Joseph Haydn and shared the composers surname, however I don't think they were related.

Smaug
12-16-2012, 03:06 PM
I recently found out I have distant connections with Leif Eriksson, King Arthur and Ivan the Terrible.

ChildOfTheJin
12-16-2012, 03:15 PM
I'm descended from Kurds that are famous in my city (Arbil (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erbil_Governorate)), but not anywhere else.

On my Spanish side, I am descended from my famous Grandmother, the most loving person ever <3 RIP, I never met her though :(

Graham
12-16-2012, 03:18 PM
Pol Pot, we both share a same ancestor. My gg Grandparent.

Anglojew
12-16-2012, 07:21 PM
My great grandmother came from the same town as the composer Joseph Haydn and shared the composers surname, however I don't think they were related.

How big was the town? What does Haydn mean? If its not an occupational name and not common and it wasn't a big town then you probably are related.

Anglojew
12-16-2012, 07:25 PM
I recently found out I have distant connections with Leif Eriksson, King Arthur and Ivan the Terrible.

Are you being serious?

King Arthur isn't a historical figure (well at least not proved although some link him to a British-Roman leader).

Piparskeggr
12-16-2012, 08:27 PM
My most famous relation about who I am sure, my dad's 1st cousin on his father's side.

http://jimhillmedia.com/mb/images/upload/june-foray-book-cover-web.jpg

A more distant cousin on my mom's mother's side.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-h_l8p0v25fw/T1RlXp0MdJI/AAAAAAAAAdc/C4jh0b5ib5Y/s1600/Marcello%2BMastroianni.jpg

Lathander
12-16-2012, 11:16 PM
The only thing interesting in my family is that my father's cousin is working for national intelligence service.He was known as a journalist\photoghrapher who works independent,made a local newspaper for a small town which wouldn't sell to make him earn money.He went abroad sometimes.Then my father learned he was recorded as a "government official" in archives and earning wage.I never asked him directly,I see him once a year maybe less,but sometimes he indirectly mentioned after the word was spread in family.

Smaug
12-17-2012, 02:14 AM
Are you being serious?

King Arthur isn't a historical figure (well at least not proved although some link him to a British-Roman leader).

Haha, of course I'm joking, but I always joke I'm like King Arthur because I'm a British-Italian mix.

Maybe I'm also a descendant of King David, maybe I have some very distant Ashkenazi ancestry down my Lithuanian ancestry. There were many Ashkenazim living in Lithuania before WWII.

Caismeachd
12-17-2012, 02:15 AM
Pol Pot, we both share a same ancestor. My gg Grandparent.

Wtf is wrong with you. That's something you should never admit.

Anglojew
12-17-2012, 02:25 AM
Haha, of course I'm joking, but I always joke I'm like King Arthur because I'm a British-Italian mix.

Maybe I'm also a descendant of King David, maybe I have some very distant Ashkenazi ancestry down my Lithuanian ancestry. There were many Ashkenazim living in Lithuania before WWII.

The most common descent from King David is descendants of the famous Rabbi Rashi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rashi) (like myself) who;

Rashi was an only child born at Troyes, Champagne, in northern France. His mother's brother was Simon the Elder, Rabbi of Mainz.[5] Simon was a disciple of Rabbeinu Gershom Meor HaGolah,[6] who died that same year. On his father's side, Rashi has been claimed to be a 33rd-generation descendant of Yochanan Hasandlar, who was a fourth-generation descendant of Gamaliel the Elder, who was reputedly descended from the royal line of King David.

Like anything that old there's some dispute about it.

Smaug
12-17-2012, 02:34 AM
Joking apart, I know I have an ancestor, Ludovic Middleton, that was a Scottish general, he lived in the 17th century, but I don't think he is famous or important, and my family doesn't know very much about him. I also know that my pre-WWI Lithuanian ancestors were rich, but I also don't think they were famous and important in that country.

Dr. Doofenshmirtz
12-17-2012, 03:13 AM
This guy... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Rogers_(Bible_editor_and_martyr)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/dc/John_Rogers_-_Willem_van_de_Passe.jpg

Other than him pretty much peasant stock as far back as i go.

Dr. Doofenshmirtz
12-17-2012, 03:21 AM
Wtf is wrong with you. That's something you should never admit.

My GG Grand father wa hung for murder in 1912 at Nashville Tennessee.

Dr. Doofenshmirtz
12-17-2012, 03:22 AM
The only thing interesting in my family is that my father's cousin is working for national intelligence service.He was known as a journalist\photoghrapher who works independent,made a local newspaper for a small town which wouldn't sell to make him earn money.He went abroad sometimes.Then my father learned he was recorded as a "government official" in archives and earning wage.I never asked him directly,I see him once a year maybe less,but sometimes he indirectly mentioned after the word was spread in family.

You really should remove that post. He wouldn't approve.

derLowe
12-18-2012, 05:43 AM
How big was the town? What does Haydn mean? If its not an occupational name and not common and it wasn't a big town then you probably are related.

I never did any research into it, I am just repeating what my grandfather told me. In hind sight I should have researched it before posting this on the thread. :)

Lets see what I can find:

Both my Great grandmother and the composer are from Rohrau Austria, it is a village near the Hungarian border.

I am not sure about the surname Haydn, perhaps one of our other members knows more about it.

Anglojew
12-18-2012, 07:34 AM
I never did any research into it, I am just repeating what my grandfather told me. In hind sight I should have researched it before posting this on the thread. :)

Lets see what I can find:

Both my Great grandmother and the composer are from Rohrau Austria, it is a village near the Hungarian border.

I am not sure about the surname Haydn, perhaps one of our other members knows more about it.

In little European villages all people with same name, unless occupation like "tayler/Schneider" etc, will often be related as they used to have 8 kids. I'm a betting man (Australian) and I'd be happy to put a wager you're related. It would be unusual for two families with the same name in a small village not to be at least distantly.

Formicide
01-12-2013, 09:22 PM
Hadzhi Dimitar, Dobri Chintulov... names that most bulgarian people know, but that's about it.

Endo
03-01-2013, 03:50 PM
After DNA testing that is still gathering information. The furtherst by Immigration Documents and 3-5th Cousins in Ireland and Germany. Maternal side to Lady Denny (Spelling) Ireland. Paternal is Enderle von Ketsch; Ketsch Germany; (Revolt) Legend of Enderle. If anyone has more information or descendant of this line. Also off Paternal sides mother Pomeranian area Justman surname.

Endo
03-01-2013, 03:54 PM
Maternal Lady Denny Ireland; Paternal Enderle von Ketsch (Mayor/Elder), Ketsch, Germany; Lengend of Enderle (Revolt/Curse).

urrakiberg
03-01-2013, 04:06 PM
King David, Anglojew? its not confirmed if he existed or is a symbol.

Anglojew
03-01-2013, 10:22 PM
King David, Anglojew? its not confirmed if he existed or is a symbol.

The Tel Dan inscription (http://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/biblical-artifacts/artifacts-and-the-bible/the-tel-dan-inscription-the-first-historical-evidence-of-the-king-david-bible-story/), or “House of David” inscription, was discovered in 1993 at the site of Tel Dan in northern Israel in an excavation directed by Israeli archaeologist Avraham Biran.

The broken and fragmentary inscription commemorates the victory of an Aramean king over his two southern neighbors: the “king of Israel” and the “king of the House of David.”

I'm descended from Rashi. http://www.davidicdynasty.org/descendants.php

Anglojew
03-01-2013, 10:23 PM
Jewish descent from the Royal House of David can be traced through oral tradition, rabbinic sources, historical data and/or extensive research. Most families claim descent from King David through Rashi. Several families claim descent "ben akhar ben"(father to son) in a direct line, most notably the Dayan, Shealtiel and Charlap/Don Yechia, families.

There have been many great rabbis and rabbinical houses that trace their ancestry back to David Hamelech. This group of great scholars and leaders include: Hillel, Rabban Gamliel, Rabbi Yehuda Hanasi, Yochanan Hasandler, Rashi, the Rambam and Yosef Karo as well as the more contemporary gedolim like the Baal Shem Tov, the Breslevor Rebbe and the first Lubavicher Rebbe, Shneur Zalman of Liadi, to name but a few.

Here we will enumerate some of the well-known family names that trace their ancestry back to David Hamelech. Since well over 100 generations have passed between the time of King David to the present, there might be hundreds, even thousands, of family names that can legitimately trace their family line back to David Hamelech. Therefore, the omission of your family name from this list does not exclude you as a possible descendant. On the other hand, the inclusion of your family name on the list below does not necessarily guarantee that you are a descendant of King David. In fact, the well-known line from the Maharal of Prague is now in question. The opening thought of this page bears repeating - It is only through oral tradition, rabbinic sources, historical data and or extensive research that one can determine if he/she is indeed a descendant of David Hamelech.

Here is the partial list of family names that trace their descent back to King David. It is important to note that through the course of years and trails through many countries, variant spellings and pronunciations have evolved for many of the names.

Abarbanel*
Adler
Alter/Rotenberg
(Ger Chassidim)
Altshuler
Ashkenazi
Auerbach
Averels/Everels
Babad/Heschel*
Bach
(descendants of Sirkes)
Bachrach
Beharier
Berdugo
Berlin/Berliner
Bernstein
Biederman
Birnbaum
Breslav Chassidim, Nakhman
Burstein
Caro/Karo
Charif
Charlap*
Chayes/Chayut
Cohen (various families)
Dayan*
Don Yechia/Ibn Yechia*
Edels
Ehrenreich
Ehrlich
Eichenstein
(Zditchov Chassidim)
Elfandari
Enzel
Epstein*
Falman
Fishel
Freidensohn
Frenkel/Frankel*
Frenkel-Teomim*
Friedland
Friedman (Rizhin, Sadagora etc. Chassidim)
Fuchs
Ginzburg/Gunzburg
Glickman
Goldman
Gombiner
Gordon
Halberstam(ZanzChassidim)
Heilprin/Halperin*
Heller*
Helman
Hertzkes
Heschel/Babad*
Hillel and the Nesi'im*
Horowitz/Hurwitz
(various Chassidim)*
Ish-Zvi
Isserles/Isserlin*
Itinga/Ettinger/Ittingen
Jaffe/Yoffe* / **
Kalb
Kalmankes
Kalonymus*
Karo/Caro*
Katz (Maharal of Prague)
* / **
Katzenellenbogen*
Klauber
Klausner*
Klingberg
Landau
Lau
Levinsohn
Lichtenstadt
Lichtenstein
Lifshutz/Lipshitz
Loeb*
Loewenstam
Lowe*
Lubarsky
Lukashevesky (Lux)
Lurie/Luria*
Maharal of Prague * / **
Malavski
Margolioth
Margulies/Margolis
/Margaliot*
Meisels*
Mintzberg
Mirels
Mirkes
Morgenstern
(Kotzk Chassidim)
Moskowitz
Oknovski
Openheim
Paprosh
Parnas
Pereles
Peretz
Polak
Posner
Rabinowitz
Rapaport*
Rashei Galut (Exilarchs)
male descent from David*
Rashi (descendants of daughters)*
Reines
Roffe
Rokeach (Belz Chassidim)
Rotenberg/Alter
(Ger Chassidim)
Roth
Rubin (Horowitz)
(Ropshitz Chassidim)
Rubinstein
Sabatka
Safrin
Sassoon*
Schneurson
Schneurson
(Lubavitch Chassidim)
Schol
Schorr*
Segal (descendantz of "Taz")
Shachor/Charny/Shwartz
Shapiro/Shapira.Spiro/Spira*
Shealtiel/Sealtiel*
Shereshevski
Shrentzels*
Simchowitz/Simchowitch
Sirkes/Sirkin
Sonnabend
Spiro
Tamarels
Teomim/Teomin-Frenkel*
Treves/Dreyfus*
Twersky
Twersky (Chernobyl Chassidim)
Weil *
Weinberg
Weisblum
(Lizhensk Chassidim)*
Widslawski
Winkler
Zak
Zaslovsky
Zifferstein
Zinger

alfieb
03-01-2013, 10:26 PM
http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BNTYzMzM2ODgzM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTc5MzM2._V1._ SX214_CR0,0,214,314_.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-RWF00qN84po/UKJI1wV5eOI/AAAAAAAABlM/2QxvzhEK_jc/s1600/dolce-and-gabbana-designers.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-dA7dG17TM6A/TsVDERkMwCI/AAAAAAAABXM/Sk5RN3rUuhQ/s1600/Martin+Scorsese+2011.png

Among others who I'm not too proud of.

Mazik
03-01-2013, 10:28 PM
I'm related to the Laestadius family.
The most famous of them was a man named Lars Levi Laestadius.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lars_Levi_L%C3%A6stadius

Lars Levi Læstadius (10 January 1800 – 21 February 1861) was a Swedish-Sami Lutheran revivalist minister, botanist, and author. From the mid-1840s nearly until his death, he led the Laestadian revival movement that still bears his name. Laestadius was a teetotaller; a lot of suffering related to alcoholism afflicted his childhood and the people to whom he later ministered.

I'm also related to the Swedish tv host Tina Nordström

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tina_Nordstr%C3%B6m

http://www.recept.nu/ImageFiles/ScaledImages/461x348x1/ImageFiles-2011-09-13-image.jpg

larali
03-01-2013, 10:30 PM
Everybody is descended from Charlemagne :picard1:

George W Bush is my 9th cousin.

I'm also related to the Swedish tv host Tina Nordström

http://www.recept.nu/ImageFiles/ScaledImages/461x348x1/ImageFiles-2011-09-13-image.jpg

Holy shit, she looks like my best friend (who has Swedish ancestry in fact)

Mazik
03-01-2013, 10:39 PM
Holy shit, she looks like my best friend (who has Swedish ancestry in fact)

Ahh, it's a quite common look among Swedes :) Her great grandmother Jenny was my paternal great great grandfather's sister!

MfA_
03-01-2013, 11:27 PM
Alişan, Famous Turkish Singer, from maternal line..

http://www.abload.de/img/alisan-2ibz1x.jpg

when he participated to father's village union foundation premier..

http://www.abload.de/img/1-alianicxz1.jpg

Smaug
03-01-2013, 11:29 PM
Jewish descent from the Royal House of David can be traced through oral tradition, rabbinic sources, historical data and/or extensive research. Most families claim descent from King David through Rashi. Several families claim descent "ben akhar ben"(father to son) in a direct line, most notably the Dayan, Shealtiel and Charlap/Don Yechia, families.

There have been many great rabbis and rabbinical houses that trace their ancestry back to David Hamelech. This group of great scholars and leaders include: Hillel, Rabban Gamliel, Rabbi Yehuda Hanasi, Yochanan Hasandler, Rashi, the Rambam and Yosef Karo as well as the more contemporary gedolim like the Baal Shem Tov, the Breslevor Rebbe and the first Lubavicher Rebbe, Shneur Zalman of Liadi, to name but a few.

Here we will enumerate some of the well-known family names that trace their ancestry back to David Hamelech. Since well over 100 generations have passed between the time of King David to the present, there might be hundreds, even thousands, of family names that can legitimately trace their family line back to David Hamelech. Therefore, the omission of your family name from this list does not exclude you as a possible descendant. On the other hand, the inclusion of your family name on the list below does not necessarily guarantee that you are a descendant of King David. In fact, the well-known line from the Maharal of Prague is now in question. The opening thought of this page bears repeating - It is only through oral tradition, rabbinic sources, historical data and or extensive research that one can determine if he/she is indeed a descendant of David Hamelech.

Here is the partial list of family names that trace their descent back to King David. It is important to note that through the course of years and trails through many countries, variant spellings and pronunciations have evolved for many of the names.

Abarbanel*
Adler
Alter/Rotenberg
(Ger Chassidim)
Altshuler
Ashkenazi
Auerbach
Averels/Everels
Babad/Heschel*
Bach
(descendants of Sirkes)
Bachrach
Beharier
Berdugo
Berlin/Berliner
Bernstein
Biederman
Birnbaum
Burstein
Caro/Karo
Charif
Charlap*
Chayes/Chayut
Cohen (various families)
Dayan*
Don Yechia/Ibn Yechia*
Edels
Ehrenreich
Ehrlich
Eichenstein
(Zditchov Chassidim)
Elfandari
Enzel
Epstein*
Falman
Fishel
Freidensohn
Frenkel/Frankel*
Frenkel-Teomim*
Friedland
Fuchs
Ginzburg/Gunzburg
Glickman
Goldman
Gombiner
Gordon
Heilprin/Halperin*
Heller*
Helman
Hertzkes
Heschel/Babad*
Hillel and the Nesi'im*
Horowitz/Hurwitz
(various Chassidim)*
Ish-Zvi
Isserles/Isserlin*
Itinga/Ettinger/Ittingen
Jaffe/Yoffe* / **
Kalb
Kalmankes
Kalonymus*
Karo/Caro*
Katz (Maharal of Prague)
* / **
Katzenellenbogen*
Klauber
Klausner*
Klingberg
Landau
Lau
Levinsohn
Lichtenstadt
Lichtenstein
Lifshutz/Lipshitz
Loeb*
Loewenstam
Lowe*
Lubarsky
Lukashevesky (Lux)
Lurie/Luria*
Maharal of Prague * / **
Malavski
Margolioth
Margulies/Margolis
/Margaliot*
Meisels*
Mintzberg
Mirels
Mirkes
Morgenstern
(Kotzk Chassidim)
Moskowitz
Oknovski
Openheim
Paprosh
Parnas
Pereles
Peretz
Polak
Posner
Rabinowitz
Rapaport*
Rashei Galut (Exilarchs)
male descent from David*
Reines
Roffe
Rokeach (Belz Chassidim)
Rotenberg/Alter
(Ger Chassidim)
Roth
Rubin (Horowitz)
(Ropshitz Chassidim)
Rubinstein
Sabatka
Safrin
Sassoon*
Schneurson
Schneurson
(Lubavitch Chassidim)
Schol
Schorr*
Shachor/Charny/Shwartz
Shealtiel/Sealtiel*
Shereshevski
Shrentzels*
Simchowitz/Simchowitch
Sirkes/Sirkin
Sonnabend
Spiro
Tamarels
Teomim/Teomin-Frenkel*
Treves/Dreyfus*
Twersky
Weil *
Weinberg
Weisblum
(Lizhensk Chassidim)*
Widslawski
Winkler
Zak
Zaslovsky
Zifferstein
Zinger

Oh, my Ashkenazi surname is not there... Charah!

Empecinado
03-01-2013, 11:56 PM
"Nino Bravo", Spanish singer, a distant cousin of mine:

http://espaciomusica.com/wp-content/uploads/ninobravo.jpg

ETKearne
06-21-2013, 09:24 PM
Like most people who have substantial English ancestry, I am descends directly from the English kings starting with Henry III in the mid 1200s (and thus all of his ancestors). Interestingly, even up until around 1600, I can claim direct descent from pretty high nobility through the Townshend family, the DeBrewes family, and the Etchinghams. It wasn't until one of the Viscount Townshend "second sons" moved to the USA in the 1700s that the noble title was removed. Since then, most of my family has been descended from abject poverty. From what I was told, people thought it was rather odd when my Great-Grandmother (the descendent of Viscount Townshend, who still lived in a pretty wealthy French-Bavarian-English family) married Joseph Kearney, my great grandfather, who was just a first generation American whose parents were mere Irish peasants.

Thor2009
10-06-2013, 09:55 PM
I've traced part of my ancestry back to William Cecil, 1st Baron Burghley, one of the most powerful men in Elizabethian England.
http://i.imgur.com/OJhO63N.jpg

larali
10-06-2013, 09:57 PM
I'm also descended from Charlemagne ;) As are most people.

George W Bush is my 9th cousin, also related to the Kennedy family, James K. Polk, Audrey Hepburn and a few other notables.

Oneeye
10-06-2013, 10:16 PM
I'm a descendant of John Alden and Priscilla Mullins. Several famous people were also descended from them, including President John Adams and President John Quincy Adams.

Prisoner Of Ice
10-06-2013, 10:18 PM
A couple but none direct-male of course. I'd rather not say so I don't have people tracking me down (not so much from here as TO here).

Leadchucker
10-07-2013, 02:01 AM
Direct descendant paternally to Confederate General Robert E. Lee. All first born males in the line since have Lee as a middle name including myself.

1stLightHorse
10-07-2013, 02:29 AM
Direct males:

Jassen Cullimore NHL

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.e1d/img/4.0/global/hockey/nhl/players/1118.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3117/3233381555_5fa06ef1f3.jpg

Francis Cullimore Rugby Union/MMA

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BL9yRLqCQAEA7oe.jpghttp://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&docid=gmCQ3vCAYcyC8M&tbnid=TVYy4pZNFiL-2M:&ved=0CAUQjBwwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwimp2warrior.com.au%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F07%2FFrancis-Cullimore-Brace-21-400x300.jpg&ei=vhtSUp3ZH6iZiQfaw4H4Cw&psig=AFQjCNFvPnxrAJFHzNWFLVJab2WPK4a8zQ&ust=1381199166554804http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/ODU3WDYxMQ==/$T2eC16J,!ysE9sy0hB)yBQJY-b((RQ~~60_35.JPG

Jonik
10-07-2013, 11:35 PM
I will try to put my 5 cents (may be false coin) in this topic.
One person who currently live in US (his parents originally from Lithuania) claimed unofficially that his paternal ancestor was a cousin of one famous person for all 3 countries - Poland, Lithuania, and Belarus. It's was based on his family story/history, but has been not paper proven. He wrote about:"...We believe we’re related to Adomas Mickevicius – Adam Mickiewicz in Polish ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adomas_Mickevicius ) – but not directly. Our family records go back only 5-6 generations and my GGGfather may have been a cousin...." In the past he took the genetic Y-DNA test at FTDNA and by analysis they had discovered that he have a very specific snip-mutation (with age about 1,000 years). Some FTDNA projects like "Polish" and "Lithuania Propria" call this Claster of his based haplogroup - "M" or "Rymvidas", as a part of his possible ancestor' cousin (poet) last name.
We together for 100% had one the same paternal ancestor who lived about may be around 750 years ago (about 35 generation back) (our difference -6 from 67 markers, -11 from 111 markers; I also have the same specific snip-mutation). No question about our relationship, it's true, we related in the past by direct paternal line. But if we will start to believe that his ancestor was REALLY cousin of this Polish-Lithuanian-Belarusian poet (in Poland he was like Pushkin in Russia, actually they were a friends), I will to have with this poet the same paternal ancestor (about 750 years ago, about 35 generation back). Polish genealogists also proved that this poet' family related to Rymvidas, it's a very big name in Lithuania early history. I am not expert in genealogy, but OK for Y-DNA genetics.
Do I believe in his family story without paper proof? Yes, I do. How deep? About 10%. But truth should be only 100% or 0, right? Yes, but so nice to believe, even for some 10%.

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/LituaniaPropria/default.aspx?section=ycolorized
haplogroup N ("Rimvydids" - N1c1a1a1a1b: L591+)
N62888 Vincentas Kiprijonas Rimvydas-Mickevicius1833 - ?
219654 Antony Jonikov Jonan, d.1856, Kalkes, Latvia

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/polish/default.aspx?vgroup=polish&vgroup=polish&section=ycolorized
N1c1 - L591+ (M Cluster)
N62888 Vincentas Kiprijonas Rimvydas-Mickevicius1833 - ?
219654 Antony Jonikov Jonan, d.1856, Kalkes, Latvia

???????????????????????????

http://image-upload.de/image/cU2Od1/88e6a7249c.jpg

???????????????????????????

Smaug
10-07-2013, 11:38 PM
King Arthur, Merlin, Boudica.

Germaniac
10-08-2013, 10:47 PM
Well, it is possible that I am related to the Catholic Scholar Hugo von Trimberg, although he lived in the 13th century and my paternal line genealogy only goes down to modern age. My paternal grandfather's family is Swiss, but is originally from the same region Hugo von Trimberg was from, only moving to Switzerland in the mid 18th century.

Mazik
10-10-2013, 03:51 AM
Bob Nystrom, who can trace his paternal line back to the village my grandmother came from. But it's quite distant. My father is either 3rd or 4th cousin with him.

http://www.celebsrain.com/images/Bob-Nystrom-05.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SA4MPPdAJ8

Aunt Hilda
10-10-2013, 10:00 AM
I'm a distant relative of Rüdiger von Heyking (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R%C3%BCdiger_von_Heyking). thankfully the family connection ends in the 17th century.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-V6ezFt-lBNk/TgvGn2611JI/AAAAAAAAUVI/Y5JKl_tnyoE/s400/Heyking%252C%2BR%25C3%25BCdiger%2Bvon%2B-%2BGeneralleutnant.jpg

Roy
10-10-2013, 10:59 AM
My uncle (brother of my father) write books for children, but he isn't really famous and cartoonist for the newspaper, but he isn't famous. I don't know of any other.
I went to one class with a girl related to Ignacy Łukasiewicz - inventor of the kerosene lamp among others and I knew another one who is from one of the well-known Noble families (Czartoryscy). She can call herself a princess.

Jonik
10-10-2013, 12:25 PM
My uncle (brother of my father) write books for children, but he isn't really famous and cartoonist for the newspaper, but he isn't famous. I don't know of any other.
I went to one class with a girl related to Ignacy Łukasiewicz - inventor of the kerosene lamp among others and I knew another one who is from one of the well-known Noble families (Czartoryscy). She can call herself a princess.

If the man claimed the same than it simply to prove - just show your L551+ & L149.2+ snip results. If the girl did this - her father who hold the Y-DNA in his body can prove it (genetically).

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/rurikid/default.aspx?section=ycolorized
N1c1 Gediminid Princes L551 + L149.2 +
158600 Trubetskoy Prince Trubetskoy N
207745 Sopocko Jan Sopoćko (1859-1939) N
132895 Khovanskii N1c1
289716 Galitzine Gedimin le Grand Maréchal de Lituanie
160454 Golitsin Prince Golitsin N
133144 Chartorisky Kondrati Ivanovich Chertorizhsky b.c.1620 Moscow N1c1

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/polish/default.aspx?vgroup=polish&vgroup=polish&section=ycolorized
N1c1 - L149.2+ L551+ (G Type)
133144 Kondrati Ivanovich Chertorizhsky b.c.1620 Moscow N1c1

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~mozhayski/teksty/ydna.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gediminas
http://chartoriskyfamily.bigpondhosting.com/history.htm

"...The Eastern Orthodox branches of the family were mostly Ruthenian, which also was one of the two main languages of their established state. Some of these families (e.g., Czartoryski) later converted to Roman Catholicism and became thoroughly Polonized. Others (e.g., Galitzine) moved to Muscovy and became thoroughly Russified.

Some of the noblest princely families of Russia and Poland belong to the Gediminid stock. ...

In Poland, most Gediminid families (such as Olelkowicz-Słucki, Wiśniowiecki, Zbaraski) are extinct, but at least some families survive to the present: Korecki, Khovanski, Czartoryski, Sanguszko, and Koriatowicz-Kurcewicz.

The Russian Gediminid families include Bulgakov, Golitsin, Kurakin, Khovansky, Trubetskoy, Mstislavsky, Belsky, and Volynsky..."

Philo
10-10-2013, 12:30 PM
SkyBurn is my cousin on Gedmatch :lol:

Jackson
10-10-2013, 12:37 PM
I'm descended distantly from Norman nobility, John le Belward, 1st Baron Belward of Malpas. This is their (later?) heraldry, Gules three pheons argent:

http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu7/Brodir93/Gulesthreepheonsargent.jpg

Jackson
10-10-2013, 12:38 PM
SkyBurn is my cousin on Gedmatch :lol:

My Dad has Gigolo show up matches, distantly. :P

Piparskeggr
10-15-2013, 01:34 AM
http://pages.infinit.net/pascars/graal/Charles1.JPG

One of my 35th great grandfathers.

Rudel
10-21-2013, 11:43 PM
I'm descended from Charlemagne
Every one is.

I've got crusaders in the family and lords among the court of the Duchy of Lorraine, nobody of too much importance.
Probably linked to most noble families because of that lineage, but I've not researched collaterals much. I don't see the point in making someone else's glory mine.

Aurora
10-21-2013, 11:46 PM
23andme says my father is related to Jimmy Buffet. lol

Methusalem
10-22-2013, 12:01 AM
Adam and Eve

http://www.animaatjes.de/bilder/a/adam-und-eva/animaatjes-adam_eva-63527.jpg

Anglojew
10-22-2013, 01:47 AM
Every one is.

I've got crusaders in the family and lords among the court of the Duchy of Lorraine, nobody of too much importance.
Probably linked to most noble families because of that lineage, but I've not researched collaterals much. I don't see the point in making someone else's glory mine.

I think I've read he has millions of descendents today.

I have a lot of French, Norman and Breton ancestors (who went to England).

Anglojew
10-22-2013, 02:21 AM
Adam and Eve

http://www.animaatjes.de/bilder/a/adam-und-eva/animaatjes-adam_eva-63527.jpg

Wow, we're related!!

curupira
11-11-2013, 10:18 AM
A close cousin of my maternal grandmother, Carlos Drummond de Andrade, a famous Brazilian poet:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Drummond_de_Andrade

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-cfC6Tm6OsYc/UHCEnoFhjAI/AAAAAAAAAlM/OFUiPjkC1ZY/s1600/size_590_Carlos_Drummond_de_Andrade.jpg

Numidianguy
11-11-2013, 12:21 PM
Adolf Hitler and I share the same Y-DNA haplogroup so maybe very distantly related (e1b1b M-81)

noman.rasheed
11-11-2013, 01:57 PM
I'm descended from Charlemagne, King David and distantly related to Winston Churchill.

http://www.kingsacademy.com/mhodges/11_Western-Art/11_Early-Medieval/WLB-132_Charlemagne.jpg

http://www.bible-topten.com/david.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me26hodxnm1rlynzho1_1280.jpg

I'm wondering if other members are descended or related to anyone famous also?

That's really great!
I could help you in tracing back to the beginning if you want to :)

noman.rasheed
11-11-2013, 01:59 PM

It's hard but not impossible to trace back. It took 4 years for me.

Mortimer
11-11-2013, 02:00 PM
Jesse James, the famous outlaw

Shah-Jehan
11-12-2013, 01:39 AM
Anglojew, you're related to Winston Churchill? No wonder you are so obsessed and psychotic:D

Weedman
12-21-2013, 10:00 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Demonbreun

got at least one ancestor with his own wikipedia page (LOL!)

and he comes from Canadian nobility..............whatever the hell that is.

Caismeachd
12-21-2013, 10:03 PM
Anglojew, you're related to Winston Churchill? No wonder you are so obsessed and psychotic:D

lol did you know Churchill wanted to declare WW3 and was totally insane by the time he left.

Weedman
12-21-2013, 10:09 PM
Jesse James, the famous outlaw

how?...............just curious.

Styrian Mujo
12-21-2013, 10:14 PM
I got nothing:(

MINARDOWICZ
12-21-2013, 10:15 PM
I am related to Taylor Lautner apparently... lol

Steinkopf
12-23-2013, 01:30 PM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8a/Dolores_Cassinelli.jpg/437px-Dolores_Cassinelli.jpg

She is cousin of my grandfather

dude
12-23-2013, 01:42 PM
I am a descendant of Adonis.

Aunt Hilda
12-23-2013, 04:39 PM
Adam & Eve

http://uploads8.wikipaintings.org/images/lucas-cranach-the-elder/adam-and-eve-2.jpg

The King, I am
12-23-2013, 04:40 PM
I am related to all the vikings and everybody in Denmark
I am also related to all Berbers and queen Kahina
And a little bit to Southern Europeans, Saamis and such

we are all a big happy family

Stimpy
12-23-2013, 04:47 PM
I'm related to Nils Dacke who was the leader of a mid 16th-century peasant revolt in Småland, southern Sweden, called the Dacke War fought against the Swedish king Gustav I Vasa. It was the most widespread and serious civil war in Swedish history and almost toppled the king. He seems like a pretty badass guy! :)
http://www.virserum.se/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/dackestatyn.jpg

The King, I am
12-23-2013, 04:48 PM
I'm related to Nils Dacke who was the leader of a mid 16th-century peasant revolt in Småland, southern Sweden, called the Dacke War fought against the Swedish king Gustav I Vasa. It was the most widespread and serious civil war in Swedish history and almost toppled the king. He seems like a pretty badass guy! :)
http://www.virserum.se/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/dackestatyn.jpg

he is

Stimpy
12-23-2013, 04:52 PM
he is
Yeah, too bad Gustav Vasa put his head on a pole and sent his oldest son to starve to death in jail. :(
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/13/NilsDackeshuvud.JPG/190px-NilsDackeshuvud.JPG

The King, I am
12-23-2013, 04:54 PM
Yeah, too bad Gustav Vasa put his head on a pole and sent his oldest son to starve to death in jail. :(
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/13/NilsDackeshuvud.JPG/190px-NilsDackeshuvud.JPG

hahahahahahahahahahahaha what a turn of events lol
how are you related to him?

Stimpy
12-23-2013, 04:58 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahaha what a turn of events lol
how are you related to him?
On my from my maternal grandads side. He's my great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather or something.

Ebersdorf
12-23-2013, 05:31 PM
I am descended (like most folks of English ancestry) from King Edward III through his son John of Gaunt. The ancestry of these gentlemen goes back to Charlemagne on both sides of the sheets, and on back into the misty times of the Merovingians. Supposedly, King Edward I's queen was a descendant of the Prophet Mohammed but I believe that is disputed. My family were Lancastrians during the War of the Roses and one of my ancestors Sir Walter Blunt or Blount is mentioned in a Shakespearean Play (can't remember which).

Closer to modern times, I descend from Stephen Hopkins of Mayflower fame. Frances Folsom, USA President Grover Cleveland's first lady was my great-grandmother's cousin. . Another Folsom relative was Chief Justice of the Oregon Supreme Court about 60 years ago. President Chester Arthur is another cousin

My wife and grandson have REALLY interesting ancestors. My wife is descended from Diego de Montemayor, the founder of Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico and Alberto del Canto, the founder of Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico at least six times and probably more. She also descends from Moctezuma II, Emperor of the Aztecs back to the early 1300s through his daughter Leonor who married a Spanish Conquistador named Valderrama. On my wife's paternal side, she descends from an early settler at Jamestown.

My grandson is descended from Chief Ouray of the Ute Indian Tribe that live in Colorado and Utah as well as Chiefs Friday and Lone Bear of the Arapahos of Wyoming.

Anglojew
12-24-2013, 02:25 AM
I am descended (like most folks of English ancestry) from King Edward III through his son John of Gaunt. The ancestry of these gentlemen goes back to Charlemagne on both sides of the sheets, and on back into the misty times of the Merovingians. Supposedly, King Edward I's queen was a descendant of the Prophet Mohammed but I believe that is disputed. My family were Lancastrians during the War of the Roses and one of my ancestors Sir Walter Blunt or Blount is mentioned in a Shakespearean Play (can't remember which).

Closer to modern times, I descend from Stephen Hopkins of Mayflower fame. Frances Folsom, USA President Grover Cleveland's first lady was my great-grandmother's cousin. . Another Folsom relative was Chief Justice of the Oregon Supreme Court about 60 years ago. President Chester Arthur is another cousin

My wife and grandson have REALLY interesting ancestors. My wife is descended from Diego de Montemayor, the founder of Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico and Alberto del Canto, the founder of Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico at least six times and probably more. She also descends from Moctezuma II, Emperor of the Aztecs back to the early 1300s through his daughter Leonor who married a Spanish Conquistador named Valderrama. On my wife's paternal side, she descends from an early settler at Jamestown.

My grandson is descended from Chief Ouray of the Ute Indian Tribe that live in Colorado and Utah as well as Chiefs Friday and Lone Bear of the Arapahos of Wyoming.

Illustrious lineage.

Out of interest, do you actually believe Mohammed was a prophet? Is that what people are taught to call him these days? eg "The prophet Mohammed," this sounds rather strange for a non-Muslim to say. Sounds like Creeping Sharia and cultural relativism to me.

Ebersdorf
12-24-2013, 04:16 AM
Illustrious lineage.

Out of interest, do you actually believe Mohammed was a prophet? Is that what people are taught to call him these days? eg "The prophet Mohammed," this sounds rather strange for a non-Muslim to say. Sounds like Creeping Sharia and cultural relativism to me.

I am not a Muslim, if that is what you are asking. There is plenty of cultural relativism out here in the freezing cold wilds of Wyoming but not much creeping Sharia...there may be at least one Muslim around here someplace in my county...maybe! I didn't mean to offend...forgive me...there are and have been lots of Mohammeds in the world past and present. By the use of that traditional honorary title, most folks figured out which one I was talking about. Can you suggest a better, non-offensive way to refer him?

KidMulat
12-24-2013, 04:19 AM
I am related to English and Scottish Nobility/Gentry but my family pretty much said "they ain't gonna claim your black ass so what's the point" lol so I pretty much quit digging my white sides.

Other than that I have artists and political leaders (regional kind nothing too huge).

Kazimiera
12-24-2013, 04:27 AM
The only famous celebrity I am related to is Loki. :D

Anglojew
12-24-2013, 04:40 AM
I am not a Muslim, if that is what you are asking. There is plenty of cultural relativism out here in the freezing cold wilds of Wyoming but not much creeping Sharia...there may be at least one Muslim around here someplace in my county...maybe! I didn't mean to offend...forgive me...there are and have been lots of Mohammeds in the world past and present. By the use of that traditional honorary title, most folks figured out which one I was talking about. Can you suggest a better, non-offensive way to refer him?

Not trying to offend you either, I just found it interesting that a non-Muslim would state his title was "The Prophet" as though their was no debate about it and it was universally accepted. I'd say "The Islamic Prophet" myself.

Ebersdorf
12-24-2013, 05:02 AM
Not trying to offend you either, I just found it interesting that a non-Muslim would state his title was "The Prophet" as though their was no debate about it and it was universally accepted. I'd say "The Islamic Prophet" myself.

That one works for me. I'll be mindful of this issue in the future. As a history teacher, I've observed many changes in political correctness over the years. In my lifetime, I've had to move with the times and no long use certain ethnic terms which were perfectly acceptable when I was younger (i.e. "negro" and "oriental"). When I was in college, the two holy cities of Islam were referred to as Mecca and Medina...now my textbooks refer to them as Makkah and Madinah. Out of curiosity I pulled down a college history textbook my father used back in the 1950s and Mohammed is referred to as the "Prophet." Is this just a traditional American way of referring to him without proclaiming faith in his words?

Anglojew
12-24-2013, 05:06 AM
The only famous celebrity I am related to is Loki. :D

Are you really related?

Anglojew
12-24-2013, 05:12 AM
That one works for me. I'll be mindful of this issue in the future. As a history teacher, I've observed many changes in political correctness over the years. In my lifetime, I've had to move with the times and no long use certain ethnic terms which were perfectly acceptable when I was younger (i.e. "negro" and "oriental"). When I was in college, the two holy cities of Islam were referred to as Mecca and Medina...now my textbooks refer to them as Makkah and Madinah. Out of curiosity I pulled down a college history textbook my father used back in the 1950s and Mohammed is referred to as the "Prophet." Is this just a traditional American way of referring to him without proclaiming faith in his words?

You should do a thread about this topic, it's interesting (Political correctness in the education field.

No one says, "The Prophet Joseph Smith," so I'm not sure why people say it about Mohammed that don't believe he's a prophet.

Kazimiera
12-24-2013, 05:16 AM
Are you really related?

Yes. He is my 3rd-4th cousin.

Anglojew
12-24-2013, 05:26 AM
Yes. He is my 3rd-4th cousin.

Very cool

Kazimiera
12-24-2013, 05:34 AM
Very cool

It's quite bizarre because I didn't even know he existed, never mind that we were related. Only when I did 23andme it popped up! And I thought "No! This cannot be!"

Strange how things work out. :)

paksaltopam
12-25-2013, 10:03 AM
This guy is like my 2nd cousin or something I always forget.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Nicol
Otherwise I don't think I'm related to any royalty. The further back I trace us, the poorer we seem to be.

Peterski
12-03-2018, 11:57 AM
One distant relative was a candidate for the Nobel Prize.

He was Polish and we might share the same Y-DNA haplo.

Windy
12-03-2018, 03:20 PM
No, descended from medieval French Rabbi of the Davidic line and an English Aristocrat descended from Charlemagne, If I remember correctly through a Byzantine princess.

Fine, but Q1b is Mongoloid, not a Scythian Y-DNA. Saka Scythian had R1a.

What it comes to ancient royal relatives, at least Ramses II :).

MsSPF
12-03-2018, 03:40 PM
My mother's first cousin is an actor & a writer. Some of his movies have been showed in Cannes festival etc...

Windy
12-03-2018, 03:45 PM

Abarbanel*
Adler
Alter/Rotenberg
(Ger Chassidim)
Altshuler
Ashkenazi
Auerbach
Averels/Everels
Babad/Heschel*
Bach
(descendants of Sirkes)
Bachrach
Beharier
Berdugo
Berlin/Berliner
Bernstein
Biederman
Birnbaum
Burstein
Caro/Karo
Charif
Charlap*
Chayes/Chayut
Cohen (various families)
Dayan*
Don Yechia/Ibn Yechia*
Edels
Ehrenreich
Ehrlich
Eichenstein
(Zditchov Chassidim)
Elfandari
Enzel
Epstein*
Falman
Fishel
Freidensohn
Frenkel/Frankel*
Frenkel-Teomim*
Friedland
Fuchs
Ginzburg/Gunzburg
Glickman
Goldman
Gombiner
Gordon
Heilprin/Halperin*
Heller*
Helman
Hertzkes
Heschel/Babad*
Hillel and the Nesi'im*
Horowitz/Hurwitz
(various Chassidim)*
Ish-Zvi
Isserles/Isserlin*
Itinga/Ettinger/Ittingen
Jaffe/Yoffe* / **
Kalb
Kalmankes
Kalonymus*
Karo/Caro*
Katz (Maharal of Prague)
* / **
Katzenellenbogen*
Klauber
Klausner*
Klingberg
Landau
Lau
Levinsohn
Lichtenstadt
Lichtenstein
Lifshutz/Lipshitz
Loeb*
Loewenstam
Lowe*
Lubarsky
Lukashevesky (Lux)
Lurie/Luria*
Maharal of Prague * / **
Malavski
Margolioth
Margulies/Margolis
/Margaliot*
Meisels*
Mintzberg
Mirels
Mirkes
Morgenstern
(Kotzk Chassidim)
Moskowitz
Oknovski
Openheim
Paprosh
Parnas
Pereles
Peretz
Polak
Posner
Rabinowitz
Rapaport*
Rashei Galut (Exilarchs)
male descent from David*
Reines
Roffe
Rokeach (Belz Chassidim)
Rotenberg/Alter
(Ger Chassidim)
Roth
Rubin (Horowitz)
(Ropshitz Chassidim)
Rubinstein
Sabatka
Safrin
Sassoon*
Schneurson
Schneurson
(Lubavitch Chassidim)
Schol
Schorr*
Shachor/Charny/Shwartz
Shealtiel/Sealtiel*
Shereshevski
Shrentzels*
Simchowitz/Simchowitch
Sirkes/Sirkin
Sonnabend
Spiro
Tamarels
Teomim/Teomin-Frenkel*
Treves/Dreyfus*
Twersky
Weil *
Weinberg
Weisblum
(Lizhensk Chassidim)*
Widslawski
Winkler
Zak
Zaslovsky
Zifferstein
Zinger

There is a lot of confusion about the Jewish ethnicity, even in the national level. First, originally Jews were just habitants living in the Judean region. Secondly, original, ethnic Jews were Juts or Jätti. Judah is deformed from Jut/Jätti. Third, their Y-DNA was R1a like other Aryan tribes` as well. They were not Canaanean but Aryan Hapirus or Apirus. Hebrew is also deformed from Habiru. Israel didn´t exist either, but there was Assur or Asuur. Sr in ancient texts doesn´t mean Israel. Habirus never ever called themselves Israel. Levites who have a Y- DNA R1a descend from the ancient "Biblical" Habirus, yes, and some other Jewish R1a with the European mtDNA:s. The rest is foolish pussying on others`history, though there were some Edomites who were forced to turn to monotheism during the Hasmondean dynasty.

By the way, David was originally Tatu. He was named as Dadu in the Mari state´s texts. Tatu is an old Finno-Aryan name. Mari of the Mari state were the only ones who wrote nicely about Dadu. He was "their guy". Rest of the Mediterranean and Middle East called him a "bandit" and "lawless".

Anglojew
12-05-2018, 01:01 AM
Fine, but Q1b is Mongoloid, not a Scythian Y-DNA. Saka Scythian had R1a.

What it comes to ancient royal relatives, at least Ramses II :).

Q1b is not Mongoloid being the sister group of R. Q is associated with Central-Asian IE migrations post-Bronze Age (like R).

Rædwald
12-05-2018, 01:17 AM
Pope Pius II
Edward II
Edward the III
Robert de Bruce
Rollo of Normandy
Charlemagne (of course),
Edward Wingfield (1st Governor of Jamestown Virginia)

Probably more

Aodhan
12-05-2018, 01:25 AM
Genghis Khan

Anglojew
12-05-2018, 01:37 AM
There is a lot of confusion about the Jewish ethnicity, even in the national level. First, originally Jews were just habitants living in the Judean region. Secondly, original, ethnic Jews were Juts or Jätti. Judah is deformed from Jut/Jätti. Third, their Y-DNA was R1a like other Aryan tribes` as well. They were not Canaanean but Aryan Hapirus or Apirus. Hebrew is also deformed from Habiru. Israel didn´t exist either, but there was Assur or Asuur. Sr in ancient texts doesn´t mean Israel. Habirus never ever called themselves Israel. Levites who have a Y- DNA R1a descend from the ancient "Biblical" Habirus, yes, and some other Jewish R1a with the European mtDNA:s. The rest is foolish pussying on others`history, though there were some Edomites who were forced to turn to monotheism during the Hasmondean dynasty.

By the way, David was originally Tatu. He was named as Dadu in the Mari state´s texts. Tatu is an old Finno-Aryan name. Mari of the Mari state were the only ones who wrote nicely about Dadu. He was "their guy". Rest of the Mediterranean and Middle East called him a "bandit" and "lawless".

Ashkenazi Jews & Juts do share common ancestry.

Colonel Frank Grimes
12-05-2018, 02:13 AM
I am related to English and Scottish Nobility/Gentry but my family pretty much said "they ain't gonna claim your black ass so what's the point" lol so I pretty much quit digging my white sides.

Other than that I have artists and political leaders (regional kind nothing too huge).

I think I saw this dude on the NYC subway.

Richmondbread
12-06-2018, 05:40 PM
I mentioned before that I am descended of King Edward III and other Royals. I used to think this was neat, but then I realized most people are descended from Royalty in some way or another. So it's not as big a deal to me as being descended from Pocahontas Powhatan. I am also distant cousins with Wayne Newton.

Ayetooey
12-30-2018, 02:33 PM
I may be related possibly to two famous people on my paternal side, but it needs further investigating before I can confirm it.

Richmondbread
12-30-2018, 09:49 PM
https://www.geni.com/people/Capt-Thomas-Carter-Sr-of-Barford/5710557875020135721

I'm a direct descendant of Captain Thomas Carter, who is the Uncle of the famed Robert "King Carter" of the Carter family dynasty in Virginia .
From there , many Lords and Ladies on that family tree line, including,
Major Edward Dale and his wife Lady Diana Dale, daughter of Sir Henry Skipwith.

Qamari
12-30-2018, 09:55 PM
And these are my ancestors (French people will recognize them ;) )

El_Abominacion
01-19-2019, 10:37 AM
I was told one of my great uncles was the president of Coca Cola in Argentina if that counts

Skjaldemjøden
01-19-2019, 01:22 PM
My great-great-great-great-grandfather was a rabbi of some note and a pioneer of the Haskalah.

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
01-19-2019, 01:33 PM
Grandfather was relatively well-known. He was a sculptor.

ModernMaskil
01-19-2019, 02:10 PM
I have one great-uncle who was good friends with Elvis and opened his shows with comedy routines, and another who was probably the most highly decorated Canadian Jew in WW2.

Beowulf
04-13-2023, 11:21 PM
Im Related with John Rastell from my main English side in my Family Rastall/Rastell

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Rastell

Richmondbread
04-14-2023, 01:44 AM
I'm 9th cousins with Wayne Newton, and possibly related to Patsy Cline as well.

Beowulf
08-12-2023, 09:04 AM
Pedro Fernando Tavira y Almazán

Tavira and Almazán, Pedro Fernando de . Albaladejo (Ciudad Real), c. 1742 – Madrid, 22.VI.1812. Knight of the Order of Carlos III, secretary of the Chamber of Grace, Justice and Royal Board of Aragon.

Son of Andrés Vicente Tavira, a native of the town of Iznatoraf in La Mancha, and Águeda de Almazán, a native of the town of Beas. His paternal grandparents were Antonio Ibáñez Tavira, a native of Iznatoraf, and Isabel López Manjón, a native of the same town. His maternal grandparents were Pedro Almazán and Quiteria Yáñez Fernández Llavero, both from Beas.

His full brother was Antonio Jerónimo Tavira y Almazán, baptized in Iznatoraf (October 5, 1737), Knight of the Order of Santiago (1761), Bishop of the Canary Islands (1791), Bishop of Osma (1796) and Bishop of Salamanca (1798). .

He was named a pensioner knight of the Royal and Distinguished Spanish Order of Carlos III (September 28, 1799) and his tests were approved shortly after (November 11, 1799), after which he made his profession (November 22, 1799).

Dedicated from his youth to the exercise of papers, he was assigned to the employment of eighth officer of the Secretary of State and the Office of Grace and Justice of Spain (February 25, 1780) and there he followed the entire regular course, rising to seventh officer ( November 25, 1785), to sixth officer (August 25, 1786), to fifth officer (April 24, 1789), to fourth officer (June 19, 1791), to third officer (June 15, 1794) , to second officer (September 6, 1795), to more recent senior officer (June 24, 1798) and to senior senior officer (January 13, 1799). Finally, and already with the title of royal secretary with the exercise of decrees (October 10, 1786), he was appointed secretary of the Chamber of Grace and Justice and Royal Board of Trustees of the Chamber of Aragon (1803),

He would die four years after the entry of the French troops into Villa y Corte, where he had lived in house no. May 1808), and was secretly buried in the parish church of San Martín in Madrid, after which his widow would make her will before the notary public Santiago de Estepar (August 18, 1813).

He married in Madrid, in the private oratory that the Marquis de Salas had in his house on Calle de Fuencarral (February 18, 1786), with María Teresa Josefa Cayetana Juana de Acosta Montealegre, born in Santiago de Chile (April 19, 1771) and baptized in her parish church in Santa Ana (April 20, 1771), daughter of Antonio de Acosta y Godoy, Marquis de Salas, native of Malaga, secretary of the Governor of the Kingdom of Chile Antonio Guill y Gonzaga, and Margarita de Montealegre, native of Madrid, died under power to testate granted in Villa y Corte (June 24, 1789). The following nine children were born from this union: María Antonia de Tavira y Acosta; Agustín de Tavira y Acosta, born in Madrid (September 4, 1789), Knight of the Order of Carlos III (1824), royal secretary with the exercise of decrees and official of the first Secretary of State; Josefa de Tavira y Acosta; Leocadia de Tavira and Acosta; Pedro Fernando de Tavira y Acosta, a native of Madrid, Knight of the Order of Santiago (1857); Salvador de Tavira y Acosta, born in Aranjuez (April 10, 1803), knight of the Order of Carlos III (1837) and ambassador to the Republic of Chile; María Teresa de Tavira y Acosta, of the Order of Noble Ladies of Queen María Luisa (1846), married to Juan Fernández del Pino y Osorio-Calvache, Count of Pinofiel (II); Felipe de Tavira y Acosta, born in Madrid, Knight of the Order of Santiago (1835); and María de la Natividad de Tavira y Acosta, born posthumously in Madrid (September 15, 1812).

https://dbe.rah.es/biografias/120603/pedro-fernando-tavira-y-almazan

Laly
08-12-2023, 11:58 AM
There is for ex., among my family members, Saint Jan Berchmans. He is a jesuit scholastic from the XVIIth century.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7c/Giovanni_berchmans.jpg

There are several churches dedicated to him, including this one, in Rome, the city where he died and I have visited it:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/53/Tiburtino_-_Santa_Maria_Immacolata_e_San_Giovanni_Berchmans.J PG

One of the sisters of my grand-mother, who was a Benedictine nun, wrote a book on him:

https://fr.shopping.rakuten.com/photo/marie-lioba-le-vrai-visage-de-saint-jean-berchmans-2359742397_L_NOPAD.jpg