PDA

View Full Version : Navy police blitz hooligans behind wave of attacks

Beorn
07-29-2009, 04:01 PM
FAMILIES of Royal Navy staff are being plagued by a hate campaign of anti-English violence.
Servicemen and women living in married quarters near Faslane submarine base suffer racist abuse and have had their homes vandalised.
Military Police have been forced to patrol the Churchill housing estate in Helensburgh, Dunbartonshire, seven days a week.

One hooligan systematically targeted an MoD house by smashing the back door window with a golf club, breaking the living room window with a brick and kicking in the front door.
Stitches Our investigators used freedom of information laws to reveal more than 230 crimes committed by youths on the 800house estate since 2006.
In the last 12 months there have been 19 cases of yobs causing a disturbance, two assaults and one knife possession incident.

A 38-year-old mum-of-two, who did not wish to be identified, said: "I have been called an English bitch and given all sorts of abuse just because of my accent.
"They are just neds who seem to pick on anyone they see as different. They hang around drinking and causing trouble.
"One man went out to get them to move on when one of them hit him with a bottle or glass. He had to get stitches."

Another Navy wife, who has lived in the area for 10 years, said: "The teenagers tend to come from the housing estates near to here.
" I don't know whether they are singling English people or just going for people they think work at Faslane."
Argyll and Bute MP Alan Reid said: "I have had a number of complaints from naval families about anti-English abuse. It is a new and worrying phenomenon. -(No it isn't! It's been going on for years now)-
"It is difficult for families, especially for those with young children and are hundreds of miles away from home."

Chief Inspector Jim Gillen, senior police officer for the MoD Police, said: "We take any anti-English incidents extremely seriously and they would be treated as racist incidents.
"Our officers are here seven days a week as a visible deterrent."
A 17-year-old youth has been reported to the Procurator Fiscal over the incident at the MoD house.

Source (http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2009/07/26/exclusive-navy-police-blitz-hooligans-behind-wave-of-attacks-78057-21549041/)

Graham
07-29-2009, 06:38 PM
acch well you always get those idiots. You can get attacked or whatever just by the scheme you live in here. My nana's fae Byker/ Walker in Newcastle originaly but lived here most of her Life. Don't think shes had trouble for being English