PDA

View Full Version : Global warming is the new religion of First World urban elites

Sol Invictus
07-30-2009, 12:39 AM
Jonathan Manthorpe
Vancouver Sun
July 29, 2009

Ian Plimer has outraged the ayatollahs of purist environmentalism, the Torquemadas of the doctrine of global warming, and he seems to relish the damnation they heap on him.

Plimer is a geologist, professor of mining geology at Adelaide University, and he may well be Australia’s best-known and most notorious academic.

Plimer, you see, is an unremitting critic of “anthropogenic global warming” — man-made climate change to you and me — and the current environmental orthodoxy that if we change our polluting ways, global warming can be reversed.

It is, of course, not new to have a highly qualified scientist saying that global warming is an entirely natural phenomenon with many precedents in history. Many have made the argument, too, that it is rubbish to contend human behaviour is causing the current climate change. And it has often been well argued that it is totally ridiculous to suppose that changes in human behaviour — cleaning up our act through expensive slight-of-hand taxation tricks — can reverse the trend.

Read entire article (http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Global+warming+religion+First+World+urban+elites/1835847/story.html)

Treffie
07-30-2009, 09:17 AM
I think these urban elites represent a very influential group, they seem to have to stopped the media broadcasting anything that runs against the Global Warming theory. The main reason why I'm sick and tired of this theory is not because I don't believe it's accurate, but mainly due to the fact that we don't hear arguments against it in mainstream media.

HawkR
07-30-2009, 10:12 AM
Global warming are as man-made it can be as we are all a part of nature, but it ain't BECAUSE of man, but yeah, we have a little to do with it, not much though. But saying that it will reverse if we all stopped poluting? Well, would've been fun to try, and if it where true, we would read in the newspapers: "The Ice-Age is coming!" :D Gonna be disasters all the time, no worries;)

Octothorpe
08-07-2009, 07:45 PM
The "Warm-ists" seem to forget (or hope that the average person has forgotten) that the same experts were screaming about 'Global Cooling' just twenty-five or so years ago. Heck, it even made the cover of Newsweek magazine.

Come to think of it, if the bastard on the TV can't accurately tell me if it's going to rain or not next week, how can they believe that we'll trust them when they say it's going to be a few degrees warmer a CENTURY from now? It's simply not common-sensical!