PDA

View Full Version : Lemon Detox

Rainraven
07-30-2009, 09:53 AM
My friend is currently undertaking the Lemon Detox whereby you eat no solids for a week drinking only water, herbal teas and a lemon drink.

Practised in over thirty countries around the world, The Lemon Detox has been enjoyed by tens of thousands of people, who frequently report a variety of benefits including:

Cleansing the body of toxins
Weight loss if overweight
Increased energy & vitality
Shinier hair & stronger nails
Clearer skin and eyes
Better digestion
Greater sense of wellbeing

A true fast involves complete abstinence from food of any kind. The Lemon Detox is in effect liquid food - nourishing and energizing. It is important not to burden the body with solid food during the detox. Digesting solid food consumes much of the body's energy and overrides many of its other tasks. In the absence of solid food the body can focus its energy on cleansing. Throughout history, experience has shown a periodic abstinence from solid food to be a blessing for the entire organism, the best investment in improved health and a longer natural life span.

Source (http://www.lemondetox.com/the-lemon-detox-diet.php)

I don't know if this really sounds that healthy and whether it would truly be beneficial. Has anyone tried this detox or something similar and do you think it is good idea?

Loki
07-30-2009, 09:58 AM
Has anyone tried this detox or something similar and do you think it is good idea?

Well when I was a Christian I used to fast frequently, sometimes up to 5 days with water only. It was detoxing for sure. You only feel hungry for the first three days, then you get used to it.

Mrs Ulf
07-30-2009, 09:01 PM
Detox's like that one are really beneficial to the body. As long as its for a short period of time 1-2 weeks. The water only ones are the hardest on your body. If your going to try it for the first time, its best to start out on a juice fast. Where you use a juicer to make fruit and vegetable juices.

Both my parents do the juice fast every now and then. The most shocking results were from my Aunt who did one with my parents, she's somewhat overweight, and she lost 15lbs from a one week fast. She had great energy and she even felt better.

Fortis in Arduis
07-31-2009, 02:03 AM
I am really tempted to try this one again, as I am one stone overweight and not very happy about it. I managed to do it for a few days the last time.

I think that it is recommend using premium quality maple syrup - organic grade 1 - and organic lemons.

I will say one thing, you want to get all your ingredients, the cayenne pepper and the lemon and the maple syrup, all in one fell swoop, because you will not feel like going to the shops to get more.

It feels great to be clean and flushed.

Tabiti
07-31-2009, 10:00 AM
I think you should be in perfect health, before taking so much lemon juice. It can damage your teeth enamel, to cause stomach problems.
I've made days only taking fruits, tea, milk, vegetable soups...But as I've read in some books it is enough just not to eat anything for 12 hours every day (18h - 06h for instance). I do that by habit since my dinner time is around 18h and I don't eat in the morning (only a fruit to take my herbs).

Absinthe
07-31-2009, 12:24 PM
Sounds like a hunger strike to me :eek:...seriously :o

Don't know if it can be harmful for just a few days. But when we talk about detox over here, we usually mean cutting on the meat for a few days or weeks :p

Christians fast for 40 days before Easter and their diet during that time is awsome, because they don't go from junk food lover to vegan from one day to the next...

They cut the meat first, then they stop the fish and seafood, then on the last week they refrain from cheese and oil as well so they eat only boiled and fresh stuff which is perfectly healthy.
Of course, they ruin the whole detox effect by gulping down a whole greasy lamb on Easter day :rolleyes:

Phlegethon
07-31-2009, 01:33 PM
My friend is currently undertaking the Lemon Detox whereby you eat no solids for a week drinking only water, herbal teas and a lemon drink.

Everyone can do it. All you need is a steel-capped boot in the teeth. I'd cut the lemon drink, though.

Loki
07-31-2009, 03:15 PM
Christians fast for 40 days before Easter and their diet during that time is awsome, because they don't go from junk food lover to vegan from one day to the next...

They cut the meat first, then they stop the fish and seafood, then on the last week they refrain from cheese and oil as well so they eat only boiled and fresh stuff which is perfectly healthy.
Of course, they ruin the whole detox effect by gulping down a whole greasy lamb on Easter day :rolleyes:

I don't consider cutting certain parts of your diet as true fasting ... that's just too easy! :rolleyes: What's the point? It's not as if you'll suffer physically if you stop eating meat for a while.

Absinthe
07-31-2009, 04:00 PM
I didn't know you were supposed to *suffer* when fasting, I thought it was all about cleansing your mind&body from aggression, passion & impurity or something... :icon_ask: :p

Loki
07-31-2009, 04:10 PM
I didn't know you were supposed to *suffer* when fasting, I thought it was all about cleansing your mind&body from aggression, passion & impurity or something... :icon_ask: :p

"Suffer" is perhaps not the right word, but with fasting one is supposed to deny the body of nourishment in order to feed the soul, and therefore concentrate on God. ;) Merely changing your diet is fooling yourself ... it requires very little effort, and has nothing to do with real fasting. It's a token gesture.

anonymaus
07-31-2009, 04:12 PM
Which toxins are being detoxified, exactly?

Allenson
07-31-2009, 04:23 PM
I think that it is recommend using premium quality maple syrup - organic grade 1 - and organic lemons.

Hmmm, I can help people with that one--being one of my seasonal endeavours here in the land of maple syrup. :cool:

Tolleson
07-31-2009, 06:01 PM
I find the lemons I pull out of rye and coke very nurishing and very intoxing. :thumb001:

I guess I'm not helping, am I. :)