PDA

View Full Version : Will more haplogroups be created as we evolve?

The Exiled King
12-20-2012, 09:41 PM
Knowing that there are mutations that are created after the Y-Chromosome and mtDNA are passed down from Mother/Father to Son/Daughter I can only assume that in the future we will see new Haplogroups evolve and/or split off from current ones now.

Do you think new Haplogroups will be created as mankind continues on or has that journey come to a halt? Sure, new subclades are found all the time but do you think there will be another major migration of humanity to create a 'new' haplogroup/something bigger?

Jackson
12-20-2012, 10:16 PM
I guess it's similar to the whole question of whether we are still evolving too. I would think they will continue to develop, only it is our perspective that is different - It's easy to look at the multitude of lineages and clusters and it looks like an 'explosion', and it's difficult to judge the depth of time - Even if you are presented with the actual time estimates for the development of certain haplogroups. It will probably seem like we have slowed down or stopped because we are observing our current development as it happens, and it's a very, very slow process from our perspective (but fast in the terms of time itself).

Artek
12-21-2012, 08:20 AM
Even if new haplogroup appears, it would be probably quite hard to spread it due to the overpopulation of the world.(and change of a lifestyle)