PDA

View Full Version : Would you

arcticwolf
12-21-2012, 02:32 AM
be immoral if it meant getting what you want? In other words does the end justify the means?

How would you feel having it all but knowing you've become man/woman you can't respect, or trust?

Would you lie to yourself, try to excuse and/or justify your own weaknesses?

What would you do? ;)

Methmatician
12-21-2012, 02:35 AM
I'd probably do it. My curiosity about the future is too strong :D

Siberian Cold Breeze
12-21-2012, 02:43 AM
You ask questions i'd like to answer in my native language because it's hard to explain with my poor english but i sincerely say i wouldn't (i dont know really what you mean by being immoral but I will reply with my own perception)
> "Would you put your own desires before others and be totally selfish without caring results of your choices "
I think being moral for fear of God or eternal punishment is not really being moral ..If you still think about your ego, it's another selfishness -this time a mystical one.

I am a part of bigger universe I don't think I would be happy when I indulge myself in my whims ,it will end with a despair and emptiness.A total deep dissatisfaction and disappointment.Knowing that beforehand ,nope I would not prefer my get ego lost in realm of desires.

arcticwolf
12-21-2012, 02:58 AM
You ask questions i'd like to answer in my native language because it's hard to explain with my poor english but i sincerely say i wouldn't (i dont know really what you mean by being immoral but I will reply with my own perception)
> "Would you put your own desires before others and be totally selfish without caring results of your choices "
I think being moral for fear of God or eternal punishment is not really being moral ..If you still think about your ego, it's another selfishness -this time a mystical one.

I am a part of bigger universe I don't think I would be happy when I indulge myself in my whims ,it will end with a despair and emptiness.A total deep dissatisfaction and disappointment.Knowing that beforehand ,nope I would not prefer my get ego lost in realm of desires.

You are a very wise lady. I knew there was a reason why I like you! :p

Siberian Cold Breeze
12-21-2012, 03:31 AM
Thank you ..I am only wise in these things..In practical life i am very naive, but i ll accept your compliment because I think same for you.

Parzival
12-21-2012, 04:43 AM
Wouldn't do it (in theory...)

rhiannon
12-21-2012, 05:57 AM

I am a part of bigger universe I don't think I would be happy when I indulge myself in my whims ,it will end with a despair and emptiness.A total deep dissatisfaction and disappointment.Knowing that beforehand ,nope I would not prefer my get ego lost in realm of desires.She covers it well.

Personally, I couldn't go around hurting and stepping on other people even if it meant we got to live like kings. My moral compass would malfunction lol

Heart of Oak
12-21-2012, 10:17 AM
Sorry but even Pirates know were the line is drawn, I would not be able to live with myself knowing I had hurt others to get my desires...
I have in my youth bent the rules, but only once broken them, for this I am ashamed and also content at the same time, I still believe what I done was for the greater good...

Graham
12-21-2012, 10:23 AM
There's some sort of Brain Trigger that stops me from doing this.

Work in a big company. From the bottom, looking up & you'll see plenty of those sleeket types.