PDA

View Full Version : Do you have real friends?!

Don Arb
12-22-2012, 12:20 AM
Do you believe in true sincered and unconditioned friendship? and do you have one?

ficuscarica
12-22-2012, 12:21 AM
Yes. My best friend and I went through really hard times and I thought the friendship was over at one point... but it has survived many years now, even when we lived hundreds of km away from each other.

Don Arb
12-22-2012, 12:24 AM
I have many friends but only one Ive considered my best friend and Im sure we are real and sincered friends with whom Ive shared almost everything. Its one of the best thing in life to have true friend.I could risk my life for my real friends.

Caismeachd
12-22-2012, 12:24 AM
I've had a lot of friends but we moved so often I never had any lifelong friends or kept in touch. Most of my friendships the past years have been mostly convenience or work related or flings. Basically nothing very meaningful (unfortunately). When you get older they way people use each other becomes much more apparent and it's difficult to find people you really connect with well. Or in my case anyways.

I do think sincere friendship is capable though for sure.

SkyBurn
12-22-2012, 12:25 AM
Do you believe in true sincered and unconditioned friendship? and do you have one?

there is no such thing as true friendship. If you keep your friend because they provide security and comfort, then that relationship is only worth whatever pleasant elements you receive.

That is applicable to any other reasons for having a good friend, as well as with altruism (there is no such thing as a good deed without a selfish gain => http://www.unc.edu/~bhpratt/pratt7.html)

That said, I do have friends. But I'm aware that I use them for the care they can offer me.

Don Arb
12-22-2012, 12:33 AM
there is no such thing as true friendship. If you keep your friend because they provide security and comfort, then that relationship is only worth whatever pleasant elements you receive.

That is applicable to any other reasons for having a good friend, as well as with altruism (there is no such thing as a good deed without a selfish gain => http://www.unc.edu/~bhpratt/pratt7.html)

That said, I do have friends. But I'm aware that I use them for the care they can offer me.

For me friends are the family that we choose to have. So its not good to think only for the care they can offer to us but also in the pleasure that you can take on doing something which can make them happy.

Germaniac
12-22-2012, 12:36 AM
They are FEW, but they are like brothers.

Illancha
12-22-2012, 12:37 AM
I have only ever had aquaintances never someone I could truly consider a friend although I certainly believe it is possible. It's just that my life has never been stable enough for me to ever invest in such an attachement so I made it impossible for myself.

SkyBurn
12-22-2012, 12:41 AM
For me friends are the family that we choose to have. So its not good to think only for the care they can offer to us but also in the pleasure that you can take on doing something which can make them happy.

Understanding that you keep them there for the "pleasure that you can take on doing something which can make them happy" acknowledges that there is an inherently selfish (but nonetheless kind) motive to friendship.

Call me a pessimist, but I'm perfectly aware that I keep 'em round for the love they can offer me.

Queen B
12-22-2012, 12:41 AM
Yes I do. I have 2 besties. One for 21 years since I know her since I was 7 and one for 13 years, since I met her when I was 15.
I m gonna be a godmother in one's lil daughter, and the one will be my maid of honor :D

MarkyMark
12-22-2012, 12:42 AM
Yeah, I have a lot of friends in my AP classes. We are actually going to see The Hobbit in an hour or so. At least 10 are going.

Don Arb
12-22-2012, 12:46 AM
Yeah, I have a lot of friends in my AP classes. We are actually going to see The Hobbit in an hour or so. At least 10 are going.

thats what you considre real friends? cool:rolleyes:

Jackson
12-22-2012, 12:47 AM
I don't think I've physically been alive long enough to develop a true friendship for someone of my lifestyle of low risk and little difficulty (ie someone you'd put everything on the line for, and practically consider family). But i'd say i have at least one friend who approaches that. Of course I've never been through really trying times with someone else or some people. I'd imagine going through hell and back with someone/a number of people is more of a friendship/trust/reliance builder than average contact, or even living with someone.

MarkyMark
12-22-2012, 12:48 AM
thats what you considre real friends? cool:rolleyes:

I talk to all of these guys on an hourly basis at school because we all have classes with each other, and we regularly play football together on the weekends. They are friends, not very close, but pretty close.

Blackout
12-22-2012, 01:23 AM
Yes, I had a loyal Pashtun friend. He was going through some financial difficulties, and didn't tell me until his flight was a few hours away. I pleaded with him to stay and said that I would pay for everything, but he refused. He was like a brother to me, however in the end; We shook hands for the final time. ;)

Anglojew
12-22-2012, 01:53 AM
Dexter and me are BBF

Smaug
12-22-2012, 02:03 AM
Yes. I have good and loyal friends.

Just90
12-22-2012, 02:14 AM
Yes I have like 5 good friends , they all are girls

Then the rest are all guys , we hangout and do things then some times sexual things lol maybe their are friends with benefits idk

But I still consider then good friends

Don Arb
12-22-2012, 11:49 AM
Yes I have like 5 good friends , they all are girls

Then the rest are all guys , we hangout and do things then some times sexual things lol maybe their are friends with benefits idk

But I still consider then good friends
Your friends are so lucky to have you!

John Doe
12-22-2012, 11:52 AM
I do. I am blessed with amazing and loyal friends who are always there for me.

Arthas
12-22-2012, 12:11 PM
I can think of two, maybe three, people who I have such friendships with.

I don't have many friends, but I am very very close to the friends that I do have.

Just90
12-22-2012, 01:33 PM
Your friends are so lucky to have you!

I'm lucky too !! Cause sometimes these relationships don't work out lol

Don Arb
12-22-2012, 01:35 PM
I'm lucky too !! Cause sometimes these relationships don't work out lol
this is precious :D

Mortimer
12-22-2012, 01:37 PM
i dont have any life Long friends. i changed friends circles so often and never felt fully accpeted by any of them or welcomed as a true friend. i dont know. right now i have a new aquaintance since a month or so. maybe it could become a good friendship.

SKYNET
12-22-2012, 01:40 PM
my friend is my machine.

Incal
12-22-2012, 02:52 PM
I have many good friends (some even among family). I'm very lucky.

Kazimiera
03-27-2013, 10:07 PM
---> moved to Psychology

Maleficent
03-27-2013, 10:12 PM
I have online friends, mostly. Not many in real life. I don't have any childhood friends. :(

Insuperable
03-27-2013, 10:16 PM
I have online friends, mostly. Not many in real life. I don't have any childhood friends. :(

:(

Aredhel
03-27-2013, 10:16 PM
I have 6 friends whom I considered "real friends", I'm very close to them

Don Arb
03-27-2013, 10:22 PM
I have 6 friends whom I considered "real friends", I'm very close to them

you can have only one or 2 as real friends :)

Minesweeper
03-27-2013, 10:28 PM
Yes, I'm not a distant person. As long as there are people with whom I can go out or play basketball, I'm happy. Few of them I know from childhood.

Aredhel
03-27-2013, 10:29 PM
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1466613

you can have only one or 2 as real friends :)

edit

randomguy1235
03-27-2013, 11:49 PM

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that :(

Slycooper
03-27-2013, 11:51 PM
I have friends that I have been freinds with since I was like 5. I got a small circle. I'm not with different crews..

Legion
03-27-2013, 11:55 PM

Same here. After finishing school, I had no reason to maintain contact with most colleagues. Nearly all of the meaningful friends I have were encountered on the internet.

Mark
03-27-2013, 11:59 PM
I have many very close friends and from different circles - it gets to be too much at times and the responsibility that comes with it can be very bothersome.

Comte Arnau
03-27-2013, 11:59 PM
Friends (more than just acquaintances) to have fun with: more than 10.
Friends I truly rely on for most things: fewer than 10.
Friends who'd die for me or I for them: 2. Both are friends of mine since I was six.

Don Arb
03-28-2013, 12:05 AM
Friends (more than just acquaintances) to have fun with: more than 10.
Friends I truly rely on for most things: fewer than 10.
Friends who'd die for me or I for them: 2. Both are friends of mine since I was six.
Same here, it's the best treasure if you have a friend that you can do everything for each other.