PDA

View Full Version : Where can Iker Casillas fit other than Spain?

Sikeliot
12-22-2012, 07:11 PM
Someone said on here he looks only Spanish. But could he fit anywhere else?

I'm putting "No" as an option too.

http://www.theplace2.ru/archive/iker_casillas/img/iker_casillas_146744.jpghttp://wartakita.info/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/gambar-iker-casillas.jpghttp://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gp/Iker+Casillas+Eva+Gonzalez+dating+Ga7xlcrAc21l.jpg

EagleAtHeart
12-22-2012, 07:21 PM
I can see some dinaric... so maybe he can fit in some Balkan countries?

Slycooper
12-22-2012, 07:22 PM
Looks hardcore Spanish to me. I voted no where else. But if I had to quess somewhere else. France Italy or Portugal.

Damião de Góis
12-22-2012, 07:28 PM
You managed to show 3 pictures that make him look completely different from what he looks like on TV. You seem to have a talent for selecting weird pictures. He looks more like this:

http://www.rankingfamosos.com/imagenes/famosos/20101222/iker-casillas-16.jpg

Sikeliot
12-22-2012, 07:29 PM
http://topnews.in/sports/files/iker_casillas11.jpg

Hayalet
12-22-2012, 07:31 PM
France, Italy, Portugal.

Cristiano viejo
12-22-2012, 11:44 PM
Fortunately, he is only spanish :love:

Slycooper
12-22-2012, 11:48 PM
Definition of a Spaniard

Atlantic Islander
12-23-2012, 04:11 AM
Goodness he's hot, every feature is perfect.

Sikeliot
12-23-2012, 04:12 AM
Goodness he's hot, every feature is perfect.

I agree!

Dacul
12-23-2012, 04:22 AM
He does not look very spaniard,anyway,he is not med/atlantid as phenotype.
I also see strong balkanic dinarid in him,maybe after Roman Empire conquest Balkans they also brought people from here to Spain.
He could pass without problems in Balkans.

Atlantic Islander
12-23-2012, 04:24 AM
He does not look very spaniard,anyway,he is not med/atlantid as phenotype.
I also see strong balkanic dinarid in him,maybe after Roman Empire conquest Balkans they also brought people from here to Spain.
He could pass without problems in Balkans.

Lol, what have you been smoking? He looks very Spanish.

Dacul
12-23-2012, 04:32 AM
Lol, what have you been smoking? He looks very Spanish.

What am I not allowed to have an opinion?
I am pretty sure he is not dolicocephalic,but brahicephalic.
Here,so you can see:
http://i1.goal.com/files/images/stats/goal/player-images/19/1219_186x236.jpg
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Iker+Casillas+Iker+Casillas+BBVA+Compass+Real+F-Tn1SrdBpjl.jpg
His parents are native are from a mountain region of Spain.They were living in Madrid,after they moved from that region.
More exactly from here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Province_of_%C3%81vila

Atlantic Islander
12-23-2012, 04:33 AM
What am I not allowed to have an opinion?
I am pretty sure he is not dolicocephalic,but brahicephalic.
Here,so you can see:

It's fine to say he fits in other places, but to say he doesn't look Spanish is ridiculous. He does look very Spanish.

EagleAtHeart
12-23-2012, 04:38 AM
It's fine to say he fits in other places, but to say he doesn't look Spanish is ridiculous. He does look very Spanish.

I think he looks more like a Balkanite than a Spaniard aswell

Atlantic Islander
12-23-2012, 04:39 AM
I think he looks more like a Balkanite than a Spaniard aswell

Pass the pipe.

EagleAtHeart
12-23-2012, 04:40 AM
Pass the pipe.

Explain how he's not pred. Dinaric then.

Atlantic Islander
12-23-2012, 04:41 AM

The Iberian equivalent is Baskid.

EagleAtHeart
12-23-2012, 04:46 AM
The Iberian equivalent is Baskid.

Nope.

I see dinaric and alpine there.

Sikeliot
12-23-2012, 04:47 AM
He looks typically Spanish to me.

Slycooper
12-23-2012, 04:48 AM
I'm Buzzed as fuck right now. But he is clearly an Iberian.

Atlantic Islander
12-23-2012, 04:49 AM
I see Baskid and alpine there.

Fixed.

Hayalet
12-23-2012, 04:49 AM
He isn't Dinaric at all, but a mixture of West Mediterranean and Alpine.

Illancha
12-23-2012, 04:53 AM
Hmmm...

Slycooper
12-23-2012, 04:54 AM
Casillas imo looks like the definiton of a spaniard. I would have a hard time finding someone who fits the Spanish bill more than that.

Dacul
12-23-2012, 04:55 AM
Basque people are not spaniards!
Ok?
What we are telling to the black white just because this is the wrong official politics of Spain?
I saw on this forum this aspect is put under silence,with basques being a different nation from spaniards.
Here about basque language:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basque_language
Their language is not even indo-european and they look clearly different from spaniards.
So baskid is not a spanish phenotype,usual spanish phenotype is either atlantid,either med.

Atlantic Islander
12-23-2012, 04:56 AM
I say he's gorgeous and perfect, and suddenly he's not allowed to be Spanish. Spanish men can be perfect.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h157/animebooklover/0z0z/afc_zps478bfd33.gif

Atlantic Islander
12-23-2012, 04:58 AM
Ok?
What we are telling to the black white just because this is the wrong official politics of Spain?
I saw on this forum this aspect is put under silence,with basques being a different nation from spaniards.
Their language is not even indo-european and they look clearly different from spaniards.
So baskid is not a spanish phenotype,usual spanish phenotype is either atlantid,either med.

Baskid influence.

I have baskid influence, that doesn't make me basque. :picard1:

EagleAtHeart
I think you people want him to look like a traditional Spaniard, but to me, I stand by my vote: I would have guessed him as a Serb before a Spaniard.

Slycooper
Ok?
Here about basque language:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basque_language

Basques are just as much of a spaniard then someone from Castilla. Spain is like Italy where it is a unification of many different people. Basques are spaniards. No if buts about it.

Dengizik
12-23-2012, 04:59 AM
Sure he can fit other countries. But fits best what he from is.

Lábaru
12-23-2012, 05:02 AM
Ok?

1º Basques from Spain are Spanish and Iberians.

2º Romania=Roma(gypsy)land.

Dacul
12-23-2012, 05:03 AM
Basques are just as much of a spaniard then someone from Castilla. Spain is like Italy where it is a unification of many different people. Basques are spaniards. No if buts about it.

Go tell in Basque country to the basques there that they are spaniards,than.
:lol:
If you have courage,normally.Which I doubt.

Atlantic Islander
12-23-2012, 05:04 AM
I think you people want him to look like a traditional Spaniard, but to me, I stand by my vote:

Because you're ignorant.

Slycooper
12-23-2012, 05:06 AM

What makes any Spanish from other regions a Spaniard? Nothing. It's a unifcation of Kingdoms. Look at Galicia. They speak a language that is basically Portuguese. Portugal was in fact once part of the Kingdom of Galica known as the County of Portugal. Galicians are however Spaniards now. Even though they share ancestry with the Portuguese as do ALL Native Iberians. Iberians are all brothers.

Sikeliot
12-23-2012, 05:08 AM
"Spanish" is a nationality.. and is composed of many ethnicities, like Basques, Asturians, Andalusians etc.

Dacul
12-23-2012, 05:09 AM
1º Basques from Spain are Spanish and Iberians.

2º Romania=Roma(gypsy)land.
For point 1:
they are not spaniards,they are basques.

For point 2:
You are wrong,Romania was taken from old name of Byzantine Empire.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine_Empire
"The Byzantine Empire (or Byzantium) was the Roman Empire during Late Antiquity and the Middle Ages, centered on the capital of Constantinople. It is also referred to as the Eastern Roman Empire, primarily in the context of Late Antiquity, while the Western Roman Empire was still maintained. Both "Byzantine Empire" and "Eastern Roman Empire" are historiographical terms applied in later centuries. Throughout its existence it was known simply as the Roman Empire (Greek: Βασιλεία Ῥωμαίων, Basileia Rhōmaiōn;[1] Latin: Imperium Romanum) or Romania (Ῥωμανία) as it was the direct continuation of the Roman state and maintained its traditions."
Teh evul balkanics took the Byzantine Empire from romans,becos Constantine the Great which moved the capital of Roman Empire from Rome to Constantinopole was native from current day Balkans.

Lábaru
12-23-2012, 05:10 AM

I've done it, not a big deal.

Another different thing is that a gypsy like you try to steal copper in a village from the North, it is annoying and unwelcome.

Slycooper
12-23-2012, 05:11 AM
For point 1:
they are not spaniards,they are basques.

For point 2:
You are wrong,Romania was taken from old name of Byzantine Empire.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine_Empire
"The Byzantine Empire (or Byzantium) was the Roman Empire during Late Antiquity and the Middle Ages, centered on the capital of Constantinople. It is also referred to as the Eastern Roman Empire, primarily in the context of Late Antiquity, while the Western Roman Empire was still maintained. Both "Byzantine Empire" and "Eastern Roman Empire" are historiographical terms applied in later centuries. Throughout its existence it was known simply as the Roman Empire (Greek: Βασιλεία Ῥωμαίων, Basileia Rhōmaiōn;[1] Latin: Imperium Romanum) or Romania (Ῥωμανία) as it was the direct continuation of the Roman state and maintained its traditions."
Teh evul balkanics took the Byzantine Empire from romans,becos Constantine the Great which moved the capital of Roman Empire from Rome to Constantinopole was native from current day Balkans.

Last time I checked Basque county was a region of Spain. Therefore they are Spaniards. As I said prior. Spain is NOT a nation state. It is a unification of Kingdoms much like Italy. Is. Someone from the canary islands is Spanish just as much as someone from the mainland of Spain is.

Atlantic Islander
12-23-2012, 05:16 AM
The point is that he does look Spanish, and of course he can fit in other countries, but he still looks very Spanish. It's extremely stupid to say he doesn't look Spanish, because of some stereotype you have in your head.

How dare a Spaniard be hot and ideal. LoL.

EagleAtHeart
12-23-2012, 05:16 AM
Because you're ignorant.

Au contraire

Look above, Serbia has twice as many votes as Spain

Dacul
12-23-2012, 05:21 AM
Plasticuga you are american and this can be seen since you really lack education.
If some people hath a differenteth opinion than thou on some matter,you start to tell them they are stoned (in the sense they took drugs) that they are ignorant and so on.

Atlantic Islander
12-23-2012, 05:22 AM
Au contraire

Look above, Serbia has twice as many votes as Spain

And the question was where can he fit other than Spain?, it excludes Spain because he's Spanish and looks it. Like I said he can fit in other places, and he still looks Spanish. You just don't like what that implies.

rashka
12-23-2012, 05:23 AM
I don't think anyone is saying that Spaniards can't be good looking.

Slycooper
12-23-2012, 05:24 AM
Plasticuga you are american and this can be seen since you really lack education.
If some people hath a differenteth opinion than thou on some matter,you start to tell them they are stoned (in the sense they took drugs) that they are ignorant and so on.

Plasticuga is Portuguese born in Portugal.

EagleAtHeart
12-23-2012, 05:24 AM
And the question was where can he fit other than Spain?, it excludes Spain because he's Spanish and looks it. Like I said he can fit in other places, and he still looks Spanish. You just don't like what that implies.

"Nowhere. Only Spain (or Portugal)"

Wow...just... wow

Atlantic Islander
12-23-2012, 05:28 AM

Lol, I was born in Europe.

No, you said he doesn't look Spanish -which you probably only said, because I said that he was perfect.

Of course he can fit in other places -you are the one that seems to have a problem with him looking Spanish, but being able to pass in other countries.

Atlantic Islander
12-23-2012, 05:29 AM
"Nowhere. Only Spain (or Portugal)"

Wow...just... wow

I can troll too.

Atlantic Islander
12-23-2012, 05:31 AM
I don't think anyone is saying that Spaniards can't be good looking.

He decided to say the guy doesn't look Spanish only after I wrote that the guy was hot and perfect, now I have no problem with him being able to pass in other places, of course he can, that's obvious - the problem is that he said that he doesn't look Spanish. He obviously has some ridiculous stereotype in his head, or has a problem with a Spanish looking Spaniard being perfect. :D

EagleAtHeart
12-23-2012, 05:34 AM
He decided to say the guy doesn't look Spanish only after I wrote that the guy was hot and perfect, now I have no problem with him being able to pass in other places, of course he can, that's obvious -the problem is that he said that he doesn't look Spanish. He obviously has some ridiculous stereotype in his head.

I said in the first post I thought he was Dinaric and voted Serbian because i thought he looked more of a Balkanite than Spaniard... long before you entered this thread.

Did you take your meds today?

Sikeliot
12-23-2012, 05:35 AM
If he could fit anywhere other than Spain it's Britain and France IMO.. he looks like Orlando Bloom a little bit. I don't see him as Serbian looking.

EagleAtHeart
12-23-2012, 05:36 AM
LOL I guess we all have to stop posting in this case because plastictuga will see any of our posts retroactively as slandering her

rashka
12-23-2012, 05:37 AM
I always think that videos are good to see the person live.

Here he is in the yellow shirt. What does Iker mean? I personally don't find him to look Serbian but he can pass.

Kl9irwoxfXE

Atlantic Islander
12-23-2012, 05:38 AM
I said in the first post I thought he was Dinaric and voted Serbian because i thought he looked more of a Balkanite than Spaniard... long before you entered this thread.

Did you take your meds today?

Deliberately missing the point, you're one fine troll. :D

EagleAtHeart
12-23-2012, 05:38 AM
If he could fit anywhere other than Spain it's Britain and France IMO.. he looks like Orlando Bloom a little bit. I don't see him as Serbian looking.

I can't see England. But he looks like a Serbian guy I know. He also kind of resembles a young Nikola Tesla in some pictures (eyes, nose, etc.). I also see some Dinaric... NOT baskid

Atlantic Islander
12-23-2012, 05:39 AM
I always think that videos are good to see the person live.

Here he is in the yellow shirt. What does Iker mean? I personally don't find him to look Serbian but he can pass.

Kl9irwoxfXE

Even hotter in motion, thanks for the video.

Rouxinol
12-23-2012, 05:39 AM
He is pred. Alpinid (Alpinids also have a somewhat less rounded occipital bone, yet less than Dinarids). There's also some Cro-Magnid elements that are not so alpinized, visible in the "squarish" skull and deep-set eyes/strong brow-ridges. So, Alpino-Cro-Magnoid would fit the bill.

Dacul
12-23-2012, 05:40 AM
I do not feel like arguing with fanatics,as Plastiuga is on this matter.

Lábaru
12-23-2012, 05:44 AM
Iker Casillas is clearly a Western European with strong Iberian features, He can fit it in France as a southern type, even secondarily in Italy, rare but possible in Britain but the Balkans? are at the end of this list.

Slycooper
12-23-2012, 05:46 AM
I cannot see Casillas in the Balkans. Seriousley? The Balkans?

Atlantic Islander
12-23-2012, 05:48 AM
I do not feel like arguing with fanatics,as Plastiuga is on this matter.

:wink

Sikeliot
12-23-2012, 05:48 AM
I'd only be able to see him as;

Iberian
French
British
Irish
Northern Italian

That's it. Especially the first three.

Slycooper
12-23-2012, 05:49 AM
For me. Iberia, France and Italy.

Sikeliot
12-23-2012, 05:51 AM
Not all of Italy and not all of France. He wouldn't fit well in southern Italy or the parts of France that are directly adjacent to Germany.

Atlantic Islander
12-23-2012, 05:51 AM
He could probably fit most places in which (dark) Alpine-CM types are common, as I agree with Labradors classification.

Slycooper
12-23-2012, 05:52 AM
Southern France. More Northern Italy to be specific. With those countries I usually don't distinguish.

Sikeliot
12-23-2012, 05:53 AM
Southern France. More Northern Italy to be specific. With those countries I usually don't distinguish.

I don't, due to the phenotypical diversity in both. If someone can't fit in a whole country, I will specify.

Slycooper
12-23-2012, 05:55 AM
If I met Casillas and I didn't know who he was I would ask Spanish. Then if not that proceed with French Portuguese and Italian.

Sikeliot
12-23-2012, 05:56 AM
Online I'd say Spanish.

In person I'd think French, since we have no Spaniards here. If not French, then I'd guess a dark Brit. I wouldn't think Italian, since there are no northerners here and he doesn't look like a southerner.

Slycooper
12-23-2012, 05:58 AM
Seriousley though to me he looks like a hardcore spaniard.

Lábaru
12-23-2012, 05:58 AM
He could probably fit most places in which (dark) Alpine-CM types are common, as I agree with Labradors classification.

The pseudo racial classifications with often do not take into consideration the typical appearance of a people/etnia.

An AtlantoMed from Russia is very possible that his face look less Spanish than and alpine-dinarid from Iberia.

Sikeliot
12-23-2012, 05:59 AM
Seriousley though to me he looks like a hardcore spaniard.

I think he looks kind of like Orlando Bloom.

Slycooper
12-23-2012, 06:00 AM

Is Orlando bloom French?

Atlantic Islander

You think everyone looks like Orlando Bloom.

Actually he does remind me of someone, but I can't remember who.

Sikeliot
You think everyone looks like Orlando Bloom.

And they always do.

Sikeliot
12-23-2012, 06:01 AM
Is Orlando bloom French?

English.

I think if you don't see it, you're biased by knowing he is Spanish. If you didn't know that, I doubt you'd give the answer you gave.

Slycooper
12-23-2012, 06:01 AM
Buzzed like a mother*** right now:D just chilling on the AP

Slycooper
12-23-2012, 06:02 AM
English.

I think if you don't see it, you're biased by knowing he is Spanish. If you didn't know that, I doubt you'd give the answer you gave.

I don't know man. But just Spanish mostly looking.

Atlantic Islander
12-23-2012, 06:03 AM
English.

He doesn't look like him, but he does look like someone.

Sikeliot
12-23-2012, 06:03 AM
I don't know man. But just Spanish mostly looking.

I think it's best to classify people by pretending you don't know their ethnicity. I try to do that, most of the time. I think no matter who it is, if they are Iberian, you naturally say they look French and Italian even if the particular individual doesn't. So next time I'll post someone without telling you what they are and see if you still say that.

Atlantic Islander
12-23-2012, 06:08 AM
The pseudo racial classifications with often do not take into consideration the typical appearance of a people/etnia.

An AtlantoMed from Russia is very possible that his face look less Spanish than and alpine-dinarid from Iberia.

He certainly looks Spanish first and foremost.

PeacefulCaribbeanDutch
12-23-2012, 06:09 AM
france spain portugal mexico italy greece slovania brazil

Slycooper
12-23-2012, 06:10 AM
france spain portugal mexico italy greece slovania brazil

wow lol.

Sikeliot
12-23-2012, 06:11 AM
He only could pass as a white Mexican, of which there are few.

Atlantic Islander
12-23-2012, 06:13 AM
I think it's best to classify people by pretending you don't know their ethnicity. I try to do that, most of the time. I think no matter who it is, if they are Iberian, you naturally say they look French and Italian even if the particular individual doesn't. So next time I'll post someone without telling you what they are and see if you still say that.

I post people like that all the time, but many are biased and don't want to classify without knowing where the person is from. I posted a Portuguese girl that was classified as Gorid, now that's not a typical type where she's from, but it doesn't mean that the type can't exist. If I had said she was Portuguese beforehand, I'm sure the classifications would have been different (biased).

Slycooper
12-23-2012, 06:14 AM
Another Spanish look.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-fcaNwnbEYrQ/T5cApoaRVII/AAAAAAAADVk/PV0ubRDGPyg/s1600/Fernando-Torres-short-hair.jpg

Sikeliot
12-23-2012, 06:17 AM
Another Spanish look.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-fcaNwnbEYrQ/T5cApoaRVII/AAAAAAAADVk/PV0ubRDGPyg/s1600/Fernando-Torres-short-hair.jpg

That's a phenotype that definitely fits in Britain to me.

Atlantic Islander
12-23-2012, 06:18 AM
^

I don't think other types of Spanish should be discussed in this thread, it'll just bring the crazies back, and it took me forever to get rid of them the first time.

PeacefulCaribbeanDutch
12-23-2012, 06:21 AM
wow lol.

their are lots of white mexicans who look like him, and he could certainly PASS as a mexican, and brazil too, brazil's volleyball team is as white as him

Slycooper
12-23-2012, 06:22 AM
their are lots of white mexicans who look like him, and he could certainly PASS as a mexican, and brazil too, brazil's volleyball team is as white as him

Maybe as a white mexican. But he is not what comes to mind when I think of a Mexican.

Atlantic Islander
12-23-2012, 06:22 AM
their are lots of white mexicans who look like him, and he could certainly PASS as a mexican

I agree.

Sikeliot
12-23-2012, 06:23 AM
He can pass as a white Mexican, but the percent of white Mexicans is in the single digits isn't it?

PeacefulCaribbeanDutch
12-23-2012, 06:23 AM
to me he looks classic spaniard facially

I think at least 10% of mexico is white actually

of course they have mediteranean features, but their are italian mexicans and you wouldn't really notice them from a light skin mexican

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DBQByGhrmiM

Atlantic Islander
12-23-2012, 06:25 AM
He can pass as a white Mexican, but the percent of white Mexicans is in the single digits isn't it?

We have quite a few here.

Sikeliot
12-23-2012, 06:27 AM
The Mexicans here are all heavily Central American looking. I didn't even know until I came online to look one day that white Mexicans even existed.

PeacefulCaribbeanDutch
12-23-2012, 06:30 AM
because the white ones are doing well in their racist society they have :D

Back on Topic, Ike Casillas looks classic spanish to me, and maybe southern french

Lábaru
12-23-2012, 06:33 AM
Look, even being different racial classifications, and removing the one of the right side ( is half Asian), I think that can be considered Iberian familiar faces, especially the first three on the left(Alonso and Hernandez are a bit extreme.)
http://rojamania.com/img/espa%C3%B1anuevacamiseta2012.jpg

aherne
12-23-2012, 06:34 AM
Casillas looks typical Iberian (which automatically means typical Basque, since Basques preserve Iberian phenotype the best IMHO). This means he is typical on both sides of Atlantic, as long as Iberian isn't mixed with Amerindian/Negroid.

Dengizik
12-23-2012, 06:35 AM
Look, even being different racial classifications, and removing the two of the right side (one is half Asian), I think that can be considered Iberian familiar faces, especially the first three on the left.

David Silva is half Asian?

PeacefulCaribbeanDutch
12-23-2012, 06:39 AM
to me spanish faces have a really warm look, I don't know why

Lábaru
12-23-2012, 06:39 AM
David Silva is half Asian?

Yes, well, 1/4 or 1/2 Asian.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/kenitafunk/silvafamiliabuj1.jpg

Lábaru
12-23-2012, 06:44 AM
Casillas looks typical Iberian (which automatically means typical Basque, since Basques preserve Iberian phenotype the best IMHO). This means he is typical on both sides of Atlantic, as long as Iberian isn't mixed with Amerindian/Negroid.

You are wrong Aherne, a classic Basque looks on a different way, always speaking of Iberian phenotype, I can show real examples if you are interested.

Dengizik
12-23-2012, 06:45 AM
Yes, well, 1/4 or 1/2 Asian.

I've learned that thing now. Thanks for the info. Actually his looking was always wondering me.

wvwvw
12-23-2012, 06:51 AM
In my opinion Iker Casillas and Fernando Torres look very typical Spaniards. Regarding Fernando Torres I disagree that he looks British, he looks very Spanish in my eyes. I wouldn't confuse him for anything else.

Midori
12-23-2012, 12:32 PM
I think you people want him to look like a traditional Spaniard, but to me, I stand by my vote: I would have guessed him as a Serb before a Spaniard.

That's because you're clueless. He doesn't look Serbian or any kind of South Slavic at all.

Maybe as a white mexican. But he is not what comes to mind when I think of a Mexican.

Nah.. check some galleries on anthroforums, you'd be surprised.

memobekes
12-23-2012, 12:39 PM
You are wrong Aherne, a classic Basque looks on a different way, always speaking of Iberian phenotype, I can show real examples if you are interested.
The Basques are quite an isolated group. If you look at their appearance, you can sometimes see Dinarid influence, they seem to be a bridge between the Castillians and French.

Lábaru
12-23-2012, 02:51 PM
The Basques are quite an isolated group. If you look at their appearance, you can sometimes see Dinarid influence, they seem to be a bridge between the Castillians and French.

is quite ridiculous that you try to explain to me something about the Basques, considering that I have grown close to them and you at 10,000 miles away.

Damião de Góis
12-23-2012, 02:55 PM
is quite ridiculous that you try to explain to me something about the Basques, considering that I have grown close to them and you at 10,000 miles away.

lol... that's one of the funny things about these forums. You get the "foreign lecturer" once in a while.

Alvarado
12-23-2012, 03:04 PM
After Paco the Visigoth we have got Iker the Balkanoid.

:rotfl:

EagleAtHeart
12-23-2012, 03:07 PM
No one else sees Dinaric + Alpine?

I swear he looks more like a Balkanite than a Spaniard (not trolling btw). That's my honest opinion.

Damião de Góis
12-23-2012, 03:09 PM
No one else sees Dinaric + Alpine?

I swear he looks more like a Balkanite than a Spaniard (not trolling btw). That's my honest opinion.

Well, maybe you could convince us by posting similar looking balkans?

Ibericus
12-23-2012, 03:11 PM
I fail to see anything "dinaric" in him..

EagleAtHeart
12-23-2012, 03:13 PM
Well, maybe you could convince us by posting similar looking balkans?

His chin, forehead, eyes, nose, are similar to a young Nikola Tesla

Damião de Góis
12-23-2012, 03:16 PM
His chin, forehead, eyes, nose, are similar to a young Nikola Tesla

You mean him? Ok...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/de/Tesla_aged_36.jpeg/447px-Tesla_aged_36.jpeg

EagleAtHeart
12-23-2012, 03:18 PM
You mean him? Ok...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/de/Tesla_aged_36.jpeg/447px-Tesla_aged_36.jpeg

I said young... how did you over look that and post a picture of him when he was in his 40's?

Damião de Góis
12-23-2012, 03:20 PM
I said young... how did you over look that and post a picture of him when he was in his 40's?

How the fuck should i know how old this guy is in every pic? Is this one better?

http://www.thocp.net/biographies/pictures/tesla_nikola1.jpg

Lábaru
12-23-2012, 03:23 PM
Young tesla, Twin of Iker:
http://www.thocp.net/biographies/pictures/tesla_nikola1.jpg

The old Tesla
http://elproyectomatriz.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/anciano-tesla.jpg

exceeder
12-23-2012, 03:24 PM
Casillas looks spanish. He could pass in parts of Southern france but he really is not typical of french. His features are very characteristic of Spain imo.
I would guess Spain, Portugal, Italy, and likely even Serbia before french.

Damião de Góis
12-23-2012, 03:25 PM
Tesla looks very ex-yoguslav to me. There is no resemblance.

memobekes
12-23-2012, 03:26 PM
I wasn't attempting to lecture you, of course you are better acquainted with them than me. They were merely my own observations of the Basques and i believe they are pretty much in full agreement with most members' opinions on this board. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Toretto
12-23-2012, 03:30 PM
Casillas hardcore spanish...

EagleAtHeart
12-23-2012, 03:45 PM
LOL @ this thread.

Every Spaniard is in here furiously insulting/bashing anyone that says he resembles anything other than Spanish

In fact, if you look at the results... he has a very pan-European look

He's one of the few Spaniards posted here that does not look like this:
http://arlombardi.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/xavi_2476280.jpg

So, you're all trying to put him forth as the prototypical Spaniard hahah

EagleAtHeart
12-23-2012, 03:47 PM
BTW

Serbia - 7 votes

Nowhere. Only Spain (or Portugal) - 4

Even people that live in the Balkans said in this thread he wouldn't be a-typical

hahaha

Damião de Góis
12-23-2012, 03:48 PM
I'm not spanish, but there is a big difference between us: we are posting from two different sides of the atlantic. And one of us has a better knowledge of spaniards i would say.

Sikeliot
12-23-2012, 03:50 PM
EagleAtHeart .. he looks more Spanish than the guy you just posted, in my opinion.

gold_fenix
12-23-2012, 03:51 PM
too balkan people in the forum said that alex delarge or myself we looked from Balkans, when myself i am average Spaniard

Jack B
12-23-2012, 03:52 PM
He looks quite Western to me, of the Iberian/French variety

I'm not too familiar with the looks of the Balkans so I can't comment on that, I am sure he can pass there though.

Lábaru
12-23-2012, 03:54 PM
too balkan people in the forum said that alex delarge or myself we looked from Balkans, when myself i am average Spaniard

A lot of people want to look like us, that should be a positive thing.

rashka
12-23-2012, 04:17 PM
The only place he can fit well in the Balkan peninsula would be Greece or Bulgaria otherwise he has a very Spaniard look about him.

Slycooper
12-23-2012, 04:27 PM
No way can he be a Balkanite. lmao. Iberian Blatantly

Garbo
12-23-2012, 04:32 PM
He looks quite Western to me, of the Iberian/French variety

I'm not too familiar with the looks of the Balkans so I can't comment on that, I am sure he can pass there though.

Don't worry, apparently Iker Casillas looks Bulgarian, you look Austrian and I look Iranian. The only person in Spain that looks Spanish is Xavi Hernandez. (or Antonio Banderas in Robert Rodriguez's Films but NOT on his Spanish films of course)

aherne
12-23-2012, 05:24 PM
Basques ARE Iberians (some even speak the old language). I am aware that due to inbreeding in last 2000 years they have acquired certain features that make them unique. Most Basques, however, have sterotypical Iberian features and in absence of a Basque surname can NEVER be distinguished from their brethren who became latinate. Spaniards, Basques and natives of Gascony are racially speaking one group, clearly remnants of one ethnic group who happened to become linguistically divided later on...

Lábaru
12-23-2012, 05:53 PM

Basques ARE Iberians (some even speak the old language). I am aware that due to inbreeding in last 2000 years they have acquired certain features that make them unique. Most Basques, however, have sterotypical Iberian features and in absence of a Basque surname can NEVER be distinguished from their brethren who became latinate. Spaniards, Basques and natives of Gascony are racially speaking one group, clearly remnants of one ethnic group who happened to become linguistically divided later on...

Of course are Iberians but you're wrong arguing that are the purest Iberian features, in fact among the Basques there are a few features that are markedly Basque and absent in other Iberian peoples except perhaps in some Cantabrians, example:
http://ocio.elnortedecastilla.es/files/images/noticias/foto/semanitapp.jpg

therefore it is wrong to argue that the rest of Iberian peoples are "Basque" with foreign contributions, because in that case would be the contrary, the Basques would not have some special types like the pic.

The rest I agree, the Basques are genetically very isolated people.

Cristiano viejo
12-23-2012, 06:57 PM
It is funny to see how people who are not spanish tells us who has spanish appearance and who do not :D

tEhSaint
12-23-2012, 07:53 PM
How come Sweden is missing from the poll, huh.

PeacefulCaribbeanDutch
12-24-2012, 01:43 AM
It is funny to see how people who are not spanish tells us who has spanish appearance and who do not :D

I may not be spanish, but I have seen my share, my dad has lots of spanish genes so when I say spanish older men they usually remind me of my dad people like the dos X guy or this guy reminds me of my dad
http://www.ctv.ca/getattachment/c6a5d173-f6b1-4281-984b-288634a42e6d/StargateUniverse/Bios/louis_ferreira.aspx/634418465227700000?width=600&height=338&crop=true
http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l609/mi_guard/other%20SGU%20except%20RC/normal_sgu_207_1034.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_lyLInPuYuvY/TLDv4-3NbMI/AAAAAAAAAI8/WtBl2My70vs/s1600/normal_sgu_201_0560.jpg

Louis Ferreira is portuguese, but he looks like my dads family

Querubín
12-24-2012, 02:40 AM
I don't know if some members are blind or are OtTROLLmans

PeacefulCaribbeanDutch
12-24-2012, 02:43 AM
so you don't think he looks spanish? he looks clearly spanish to me

aherne
12-24-2012, 06:18 AM
Of course are Iberians but you're wrong arguing that are the purest Iberian features, in fact among the Basques there are a few features that are markedly Basque and absent in other Iberian peoples except perhaps in some Cantabrians, example:
http://ocio.elnortedecastilla.es/files/images/noticias/foto/semanitapp.jpg

Since Keltic invasions ending by early first milennia BC there has been little external admixture. Whatever variation found today either developed in situ, due to isolation, or reflects pre-Roman ethnic distribution. In light of this, Basques are neither the purest nor the most mixed Iberians, only those who clinged to the old language that got superseded by Latin everywhere else.

Lábaru
12-24-2012, 11:38 AM
I may not be spanish, but I have seen my share, my dad has lots of spanish genes so when I say spanish older men they usually remind me of my dad people like the dos X guy or this guy reminds me of my dad
http://www.ctv.ca/getattachment/c6a5d173-f6b1-4281-984b-288634a42e6d/StargateUniverse/Bios/louis_ferreira.aspx/634418465227700000?width=600&height=338&crop=true
http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l609/mi_guard/other%20SGU%20except%20RC/normal_sgu_207_1034.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_lyLInPuYuvY/TLDv4-3NbMI/AAAAAAAAAI8/WtBl2My70vs/s1600/normal_sgu_201_0560.jpg

Louis Ferreira is portuguese, but he looks like my dads family

Great actor, from Azores.

Awebo
02-01-2013, 01:33 AM

Unmixed ones probably are in the single digits, but if we count those with admixture that still look relatively pure, the percentage rises more or less to the mid teens.

Sikeliot
02-01-2013, 01:35 AM
Unmixed ones probably are in the single digits, but if we count those with admixture that still look relatively pure, the percentage rises more or less to the mid teens.

I'd guess at most ~20% of Mexicans can pass as European.

Also, I've noticed their Amerindian ancestry is often higher than what they look. I can think of many members on ABF who were Mexican whose Amerindian ancestry I predicted lower than it turned out to be.

Awebo
02-01-2013, 01:37 AM
^ Agreed.

WOOHP
07-25-2013, 02:45 AM

Yes this is true sadly enough, and guess what? You're part of this problem.
Spaniards have their own look and their own dominant phenotypes, same thing with French and British people. Not hard to deal with, as these three population are just like any other three in Europe.

Casillias: He looks distinctively Spanish and could only pass as Portuguese. Dark french types don't look like him, his facial features scream Iberian and therefore he's quite atypical outside. And British? Like how? Even the few really dark ones like Orlando Bloom don't look very typical for Iberia.

Ianus
02-19-2014, 08:39 PM
Looks very Iberian to me.

alnortedelsur
02-20-2014, 12:01 AM
Lol, I was born in Europe.

No, you said he doesn't look Spanish -which you probably only said, because I said that he was perfect.

Of course he can fit in other places -you are the one that seems to have a problem with him looking Spanish, but being able to pass in other countries.

What happens is that he is an IDIOT who thinks that Casillas is "too light" to be Spaniard, and thinks that Basques are "too light" to be Spaniards. He is unable to understand that there are MILLIONS of Spaniards as light as Casillas, who could pass in many places in Europe, neither he knows that Basques are very closely related genetically with the rest of Iberians, and they are NOT a "different race" from us.

alnortedelsur
02-20-2014, 12:20 AM
LOL @ this thread.

Every Spaniard is in here furiously insulting/bashing anyone that says he resembles anything other than Spanish

In fact, if you look at the results... he has a very pan-European look

He's one of the few Spaniards posted here that does not look like this:
http://arlombardi.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/xavi_2476280.jpg

So, you're all trying to put him forth as the prototypical Spaniard hahah

Here we go!!

As I told to Atlantic Islander, I knew that all your problem, is that you cannot admit that many Spaniards can be as light as Casillas, and be able to pass in many places in Europe. Your problem is that Casillas doesn't fit with the "stereotypical Spaniard" that you have in mind.

IGNORANT!!

Damião de Góis
02-20-2014, 12:24 AM
Here we go!!

As I told to Atlantic Islander, I knew that all your problem, is that you cannot admit that many Spaniards can be as light as Casillas, and be able to pass in many places in Europe. Your problem is that Casillas doesn't fit with the "stereotypical Spaniard" that you have in mind.

IGNORANT!!

You are replying to a banned user. He posted from Canada anyway, despite his "european" profile. So he was barking from far away.

alnortedelsur
02-20-2014, 12:24 AM
BTW

Serbia - 7 votes

Nowhere. Only Spain (or Portugal) - 4

Even people that live in the Balkans said in this thread he wouldn't be a-typical

hahaha

Many times polls, instead of reflecting the true, they only reflect how IGNORANT and biased are many people, being you a typical example.