PDA

View Full Version : Gary McKinnon and the shadow US government

Fortis in Arduis
07-31-2009, 08:57 PM
There is a secret.

It is classified at the highest level of US security classifications, above even that of the atomic bomb during the era of the Cold War.

For something that is not meant to exist, the fact the secret was classified higher than even the atomic bomb should make people wonder why a 'joke' was taken so seriously by the military and US government.

If the secret wasnt real, then why try so hard to hide it ?

The entire US military was re-organised in 1947 under the National Security Act so as to ensure this secret was not revealed to the world.

Eisenhower warned the world of the growing power of the military-industrial block, and the trillions of dollars that have poured into the US black budgets since 1947 have created an alternative shadow government.

That government is accountable to no president nor to the people.

Gary McKinnon almost cracked the shield of steel around the secret that the Shadow Government was set up to keep secret.

McKinnon revealed two important facts ;

1)NASA is storing hidden files that contain images of extra-terrestrial space craft

2) That NASA also has an off earth space fleet

The question is therefore - this level of technology is decades above what the world currently has. The energy systems of such craft could solve the worlds energy problems.

Where did it come from ?

The information that McKinnon discovered did not reveal whether those craft were alien space craft or re-engineered alien technology or advanced human designed and built craft. It may be that the technology he saw, and the UFO's we see in our sky, are advanced human designed and built air craft using energy systems unlike anything currently in use.

If the US has these energy propulsion systems then this means the global energy crisis is solved, and that the US is hiding this technology from the rest of the world in order to keep its technical and military superiority.

This means the US is the enemy of the whole planet, as this level of technology couild save humanity and the planet from the looming energy crisis.

If McKinnon is right and what he saw on the files he downloaded were alien craft then it means the greatest secret in human history is being hidden by the US military for their own military advantage and to keep the present political and economic elites in a power - as the history of humanity is based on energy.

Who controls the energy supply of the world, controls the world.

If the technology is alien then we have a right to know - if the technology is human then we demand the US shares it with the rest of the world and we end the reliance on fossil fuels, end the oil wars like Iraq and build a better world based on human being taking care of their own populations numbers and using the planet in a sustainable manner.

McKinnon is being extradited as a signal to others who may also want to reveal the secrets they know about the secret.

There are those, little people with little minds, that mock the great men and women who have witnessed advanced craft that are beyond anything that man is capable of building.

Some of their testimony, from astronauts to ex-presidents, can be seen here ;

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/out-of-the-blue/

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/the-disclosure-project/

Gary McKinnon is a sacrificial lamb, in that his prosecution and imprisonment will be used to terrify others into never again attempting to unlock the secret.

http://leejohnbarnes.blogspot.com/2009/07/gary-mckinnon-and-us-shadow-government.html

Loki
07-31-2009, 09:08 PM
McKinnon revealed two important facts ;

1)NASA is storing hidden files that contain images of extra-terrestrial space craft

2) That NASA also has an off earth space fleet

Where did he reveal it?

Fortis in Arduis
07-31-2009, 09:43 PM
"What was the most exciting thing you saw?" I ask.

"I found a list of officers' names," he claims, "under the heading 'Non-Terrestrial Officers'."

"Non-Terrestrial Officers?" I say.

"Yeah, I looked it up," says Gary, "and it's nowhere. It doesn't mean little green men. What I think it means is not earth-based. I found a list of 'fleet-to-fleet transfers', and a list of ship names. I looked them up. They weren't US navy ships. What I saw made me believe they have some kind of spaceship, off-planet."

"The Americans have a secret spaceship?" I ask.

"That's what this trickle of evidence has led me to believe."

"Some kind of other Mir that nobody knows about?"

"I guess so," says Gary.

"What were the ship names?"

"I can't remember," says Gary. "I was smoking a lot of dope at the time. Not good for the intellect."

This was November 2000. By now, Gary was hooked. He quit his job as a systems administrator for a small business, "which hugely pissed off my girlfriend Tamsin. It was the last straw. She dumped me and started seeing this other bloke because I was such a selfish waste of space. Poor Tamsin. And she was the one paying the phone bill because I didn't have a job. We were still living together. God, have you ever tried living with someone after you've split up? It's bad."

So while Tamsin was trying to get on with her new relationship, Gary was in the living room of her aunt's house, hacking. He snooped around all the Forts - Fort Meade, Fort Benning, etc - reading internal court martial reports of soldiers getting imprisoned for rape and murder and drug abuse. At the Johnson Space Centre he spied on photographs of cigar-shaped objects that might have been UFOs but - he says - were probably satellites. "You end up lusting after more and more complex security measures," he says. "It was like a game. I loved computer games. I still do. It was like a real game. It was addictive. Hugely addictive."

It was never really politically motivated. The most political he's ever got is to attend a Noam Chomsky lecture. A John Pilger book sits on the coffee table next to his bed. Yes, he was hacking in the immediate aftermath of September 11, but only because he wanted to see if there was a conspiracy afoot. "Why did the building fall like a controlled series of explosions? " he says. "I hate conspiracy theories, so I thought I'd find out for myself."

"And did you find a conspiracy?" I ask.

"No," he says.

He strenuously denies the justice department's charge that he caused the "US military district of Washington" to become "inoperable". Well, once, he admits, but only once, he inadvertently pressed the wrong button and may have deleted some government files.

"What did you do then?"

"I thought, 'Ooh, bloody hell,' " he says. "And that's when I stopped for a while. And then my friend told me about Darpa. And so I started again."

Darpa is the Defence Advanced Research Projects Agency, an intriguing collection of brilliant military scientists, funded by the Pentagon. Darpa has been widely credited with inventing, among other things, the internet, the global positioning system, the computer mouse, and - somewhat more boneheadedly - FutureMAP, an online futures market designed to predict assassinations and bombings by encouraging investor speculation in such crimes. The US Senate once described FutureMAP as "an unbelievably stupid idea". Darpa has long been of interest to conspiracy theorists because it is semi-secretive, bizarre (they have put much effort into creating a team of telepathic spies) and occupies that murky world that lies between science and war.

Gary heard from a friend that Darpa might have invented a robot soldier, so he hacked in and claims he found evidence of "an autonomous machine that would go in and do the dirty work. These things could go upstairs and look for bombs. You wouldn't have to send in real people. And I also found these awful special forces training videos of guys running around, doing close-quarter battle. It was ridiculous. These yellow words would flash on to the video: 'BRUTALITY! REMEMBER BRUTALITY! SHOCK! DOMINATION!' You're thinking, 'Oh my God!' It was like Batman." I tell Gary that I've seen videos like that - incredibly fierce special forces training videos - when I was researching my book about US psychological operations.

"It's as if investigative journalism has died," he replies. "That's all I was doing. The only difference between you and me was that you were invited."

Gary was caught in November 2002. He says it was inevitable, in retrospect, because he was "getting a bit sloppy". He pauses. "I'd never have envisaged this happening to myself, but I did get a bit megalomaniacal as well. It got a bit silly. I ended up talking to people I hacked into."

"Saying 'I'm a hacker'?"

"No," he says, "I'd instant message them, using WordPad, with a bit of a political diatribe. You know, I'd leave a message on their desktop that read 'Secret government is blah blah blah.' " They found Gary in the end because he'd used his own email address to download a hacking program called RemotelyAnywhere. "God knows why I used my real email address," he says. "I suppose it means I'm not a secretive, sophisticated, checking-myself-every-step-of-the-way type of hacker."

On the night before his arrest, Gary had been up playing games. "Maybe I'd been doing a bit of weak, fun hacking, too," he says. "I'd had one hour's sleep, and I woke up completely muddled, and suddenly at the bottom of my bed there was this voice: 'Hello, my name's Jeff Donson from the National High Tech Crime Unit. Gary McKinnon, you're under arrest!' They put Tamsin and me in the meat-wagon. They took my PC, Tamsin's PC, three other computers I was fixing for friends. They went upstairs and took my girlfriend's auntie's daughter's computer."

Gary was kept in a police station overnight. Then the Americans offered him a deal, via his British solicitor. "They said, 'If you incur the cost of the whole extradition process, be a good boy, come over here, we'll give you three or four years, rather than the whole sentence.' I said, 'OK, give me that in writing.' They said, 'Oh no, we can't do that.' So they were offering a secret trial, no right of appeal on the outcome, no comment to the newspapers, and nothing in writing. My solicitor, doing her job, advised me to take it, and when I said no, she was very, 'Ooh, they're going to come down heavy.' "

In return, Gary offered a somewhat hare-brained counter deal, via a Virginia public defender. "I made a sort of veiled threat to them. I said, 'You know the places I've been, so you know the stuff I've seen' kind of thing." He pauses and blushes slightly. "That didn't work."

"So you were saying, 'If you go heavy on me, I'll tell people what I found'?"

"Yeah," he says. "And I found out that my landline was being bugged, so every time I was on the phone talking to a friend about it, I made sure I'd say, 'All I want is a quiet life, but if they really want to drag me through it, I'll drag them through the shit, too.' "

"And what would you have dragged them through the shit about?" I ask.

"You know," says Gary, "the, uh, Non-Terrestrial Officers. The spaceships. 'The whole world thinks it's cooperating in building the International Space Station, but you've already got a space-based army that you refer to as Non-Terrestrial Officers'."

There is a silence.

"I had very little evidence," he admits. "It's not a very good bargaining chip at all, really, is it?"

Given that the justice department has announced that the information Gary downloaded was not "classified", and he was stoned much of the time, perhaps we can assume that Nasa is not too worried about his "discoveries".

I ask Gary what's he's going to do next. He says on Friday he's off to the Trocadero in Piccadilly Circus, for the London 2600 meeting. He explains that they're known as a hacking group, but really they're a bunch of "unqualified experts who drink lots of beer and tell you all the funky undocumented things you can do with your mobile phones. They wire up PlayStation 2s and X-Boxes to dance mats. They play with technology and bend stuff without breaking it."

I ask Gary if they see him as some kind of mythical hero, now that the US government has described him as the biggest military hacker of all time. He says, no, they see him as a complete idiot. And, in some ways, he is indeed a complete idiot. Well, he is a likable and intelligent geeky man who did many, many idiotic things. What he is not, his friends and supporters reckon, is someone who deserves extradition and 70 years in an American jail. They've set up a Free Gary McKinnon website (spy.org.uk/freegary).

Gary's never spoken publicly before, but now, with the extradition proceedings, he says there's nothing left open to him. For a while, it crossed his mind he might end up like the computer nerd from WarGames, having a brilliant career working for them. "They need people like me," he says. But that's not going to happen.

He's also chosen to talk now because his chances of getting a job have diminished to practically zero. "For the first time in the past few years, I just had a solid work offer," he says. "Game-testing. Which would have been a dream for me. I'm still a big kid like that. I'd love to do that for a job. But now, as a condition of this bail, I'm not allowed to touch the internet. So that was out of the window. So. Yeah. I thought, fuck it."

He and Tamsin have split up. He no longer lives in Crouch End but in the nearby, slightly more down-at-heel Bounds Green, and has given up smoking dope. He is not allowed near the internet, not allowed a passport, and spends a lot of time reading and sitting in the pub, awaiting his fate.

Nothing much happened in the years since his arrest in 2002 under the Computer Misuse Act - no charges were brought against him in the UK. Then on June 8 this year, he suddenly found himself in front of Bow Street magistrates, the target of extradition proceedings. That's when the panic attacks kicked in again, the horror visions of life in an American jail. He had poked around, he says, but he hadn't broken anything, besides that one inadvertent mistake. He thought he was going to get a year, max. Now they're talking about 70 years.

"You know," he says as we finish the interview, "everyone thinks this is fun or exciting. But it isn't exciting to me. It is terrifying."

His next extradition hearing is on July 27

http://www.guardian.co.uk/theguardian/2005/jul/09/weekend7.weekend2

Octothorpe
08-01-2009, 03:43 PM
Sorry, but I call 'crap' on this. "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proofs." So far, there seems to be not one shred of evidence that would hold up in a court of law. Therefore: crap.

Besides, I know the people in the military (I was one!). If we had such advanced capabilities, they wouldn't be kept in the dark for long (Stealth tech, anyone?)! We'd use it to crush our foes! Granpa did in the Big One, and so would we today (I hope).

Rudy
08-01-2009, 03:49 PM
I was reading about McKinnon over at abovetopsecret, and the criticism was basically that if he could hack all of those government computers, why did he not simply download a few files, or page copy. It is all unverifiable so far.

Piparskeggr
08-01-2009, 05:28 PM
Having been cleared for weird (Me: TS/SBI/SCI/SI, Mrs Pip: TS/SBI/SCI/SD) when we were in the USAF, at Strategic Air Command HQ, all I can say is...nah, without breaking the secrecy agreement I signed when exiting the service.

Mine expires 1 October 2012, hers on 1 September 2014. Anything we learned during our time in the USAF will be hopelessly out of date by then.

So, my supposition is that if this stuff did exist, long expired secrecy agreements would not have held back dissemination of information.

Just look at the record of how badly military secrets are kept, the magazine "Aviation Week and Space Technology" doesn't have the industry nickname of "Aviation Leak" for no good cause.

Groenewolf
08-02-2009, 06:22 PM
Stopped reading afther this :

"I can't remember," says Gary. "I was smoking a lot of dope at the time. Not good for the intellect."