PDA

View Full Version : Question to Turkish people

Aunt Hilda
12-24-2012, 03:57 PM
Heya, over a year ago 2 of my girlfriends where shot dead by a Turkish guy. One of them used to date the guy but she dumped him, somehow this insulted his masculinity or religion or whatever. So my question is, is this sort or behavior acceptable in Turkey, If yes ... why?

I'm not trolling or anything nor am I trying to be disrespectful. It's just that this is a subject I would like to hear a Turkish opinion on. :)

Dengizik
12-24-2012, 04:01 PM
There is no such a thing like that. If that guy did this its not for being Turkish. :)

Aunt Hilda
12-24-2012, 04:06 PM
no I know that, what I meant to ask is of this is opinion about women is common or not

agality
12-24-2012, 06:17 PM
There are lots of uneducated Turks living in Europe. Since there is an issue called 'honor killing' in Turkey, i am not surprised that the boy killed the girls. In Turkish culture, woman's considered as man's honor. She dumped him and he may have perceived this situation as an insult to his honor so he killed them.
Also i'd say that this kind of situations isn't uncommon among uneducated Turks.

Su
12-24-2012, 06:21 PM
Let's see who's troll thread will be more successful this one or the ones done by criterioh/turkophagos :laugh:

Aunt Hilda
12-24-2012, 06:25 PM
Let's see who's troll thread will be more successful this one or the ones done by criterioh/turkophagos :laugh:

honestly I'm not trolling, I'm not saying all Turkish people are like this, far from it I like turkey or to be more specific the hotels in Turkey :)

Kemalisté
12-24-2012, 06:37 PM
Great question. Something is also stuck in my mind recently. I heard of a guy called Adolf Hitler. I think he murdered some 5-6 millions Jews in gas chambers and various concentration camps. Is this a typical German behaviour ? Because he was democratically elected by the majority of the people and greatly supported once upon a time. Even today, I encountered lots of Germans who were following his ideas, both on this forum and in real life.

Aunt Hilda
12-24-2012, 06:44 PM
Great question. Something is also stuck in my mind recently. I heard of a guy called Adolf Hitler. I think he murdered some 5-6 millions Jews in gas chambers and various concentration camps. Is this a typical German behaviour ? Because he was democratically elected by the majority of the people and greatly supported once upon a time. Even today, I encountered lots of Germans who were following his ideas, both on this forum and in real life.

Hitler was Austrian, anyhow back to the topic.

And I would not be asking this question if not for his reasoning for killing her. I'm not saying that this is typical Turkish behavior, I simply want to know if some of you guys could tell me where he was coming from...

Kemalisté
12-24-2012, 06:48 PM
Hitler was Austrian

So ? both are Germanic races. And the fact that Hitler has a more reputation in Germany than in Austria or somewhere else.

And I would not be asking this question if not for his reasoning for killing her. I'm not saying that this is typical Turkish behavior, I simply want to know if some of you guys could tell me where he was coming from...

Oh, sorry, I think not much people here are wizards or something like that, so we can hardly explain the reasoning of a person we do not know.

And I think his murder is obligatory. He should be hanged in public, no matter what his reasoning is.

Blackout
12-24-2012, 06:57 PM
That's pretty extreme! I find it hard to believe such a thing happened to be honest! :rofl_002:

Such cases, would have gained considerable attention from the media. Do you have any links?

And yes, her 'dumping' of him went against his religion. He's going to hell now for being rejected! :laugh:

Blackout
12-24-2012, 06:59 PM
And I would not be asking this question if not for his reasoning for killing her.

I thought you said two were shot dead? ;)

Kemalisté
12-24-2012, 07:05 PM

Not to mention that she is talking about it in a cold-blooded way as if it was an unpleasent event where they just had a fight or something, not that her friends were killed by somebody.

Aunt Hilda
12-24-2012, 07:08 PM
That's pretty extreme! I find it hard to believe such a thing happened to be honest! :rofl_002:

Such cases, would have gained considerable attention from the media. Do you have any links?

And yes, her 'dumping' of him went against his religion. He's going to hell now for being rejected! :laugh:

it was a while ago, in Köln (http://www.delfi.lt/news/daily/crime/lietuve-kelne-nuzude-buves-meiluzis-turkas.d?id=39196541), have to google for an english or german article

he shot 2 people, his ex and her coworker

Not to mention that she is talking about it in a cold-blooded way as if it was an unpleasent event where they just had a fight or something, not that her friends were killed by somebody.
sorry, but you don't get to define my emotions

Kemalisté
12-24-2012, 07:15 PM
So, the story seems to be true. But still there's no point in associating this with a significant nation. You can find tons of stories like this (and more shocking ones) in other countries, especially in the US.

Although I'm not sure about whether they are actually your friends or something, I feel sorry for them. And I would like this disgusting murderer to be hanged in public.

Aunt Hilda
12-24-2012, 07:23 PM
So, the story seems to be true. But still there's no point in associating this with a significant nation. You can find tons of stories like this (and more shocking ones) in other countries, especially in the US.

Although I'm not sure about whether they are actually your friends or something, I feel sorry for them. And I would like this disgusting murderer to be hanged in public.

she used to babysit me. My mom's used to be her GP, anyway I'm not blaming this on turkish people or turkey, I simply wanted to know from why he said she insulted his masculinity by dumping him.

Kemalisté
12-24-2012, 07:30 PM
she used to babysit me. My mom's used to be her GP, anyway I'm not blaming this on turkish people or turkey, I simply wanted to know from why he said she insulted his masculinity by dumping him.

How can we know, seriously ? we are not him.

We understand and share your pain and the Lithuanian people. May they rest in peace, and the one who committed this disgusting thing should be given the heaviest punishment, imo; should have been hanged in public. That's all we can say about it.

Blackout
12-24-2012, 07:33 PM
it was a while ago, in Köln (http://www.delfi.lt/news/daily/crime/lietuve-kelne-nuzude-buves-meiluzis-turkas.d?id=39196541), have to google for an english or german article

he shot 2 people, his ex and her coworker

Firstly, I'm sorry I didn't take you seriously earlier on. It's just that there have been alot of troll threads lately.

I just checked the story out, and indeed such a case really occurred. Basically he shot the woman, and the guy accompanying her.

It was an absolutely vile act on the murderers part, and I really hope they catch that scumbag. He deserves to be publicly executed.

My sincerest condolences to the families of both victims.

TheMagnificent
12-24-2012, 07:47 PM
It was an absolutely vile act on the murderers part, and I really hope they catch that scumbag. He deserves to be publicly executed.

This article says he received life sentence already (September 2011)...

http://www.haberler.com/mustafa-tilki-ye-omur-boyu-hapis-cezasi-verildi-3010653-haberi/

But I don't know how long that is in Germany.

Siberian Cold Breeze
12-24-2012, 07:54 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Lt0r3.jpg

This is not an honor killing.He is a regular psycho .He was been married ,has 4 kids ,has been cheating his wife with a girl almost 20 years younger than himself and he thinks he can do whatever he wants , when he is rejected he became aggressive and killed the people who made him unhappy..
It is good to know he is captured but no one can bring back two innocent lives he took. :mad:

Aunt Hilda
12-24-2012, 07:58 PM
In any case I'm sorry if you thought I was attacking all Turkish people, that was not my intent. I think i got as much out of this discussion as I can. :)

Siberian Cold Breeze
12-24-2012, 08:01 PM
In any case I'm sorry if you thought I was attacking all Turkish people, that was not my intent. I think i got as much out of this discussion as I can. :)

No ,I am not thinking that way and won't defend a pyscho because he is Turkish. Murderer is murderer.

Aunt Hilda
12-24-2012, 08:03 PM
No ,I am not thinking that way and won't defend a pyscho because he is Turkish. Murderer is murderer.

nobody said otherwise

Kemalisté
12-24-2012, 08:03 PM
Nobody would defend him here. We would exclude him from our community if one attempted to do it anyway.

Aunt Hilda
12-24-2012, 08:07 PM
right i think its time to end this discussion.

Turkophagos
12-25-2012, 07:00 AM
Heya, over a year ago 2 of my girlfriends where shot dead by a Turkish guy. One of them used to date the guy but she dumped him, somehow this insulted his masculinity or religion or whatever. So my question is, is this sort or behavior acceptable in Turkey, If yes ... why?

I'm not trolling or anything nor am I trying to be disrespectful. It's just that this is a subject I would like to hear a Turkish opinion on. :)

http://www.csmonitor.com/var/ezflow_site/storage/images/media/images/0414-ohonor-turkey-womens-rights/9971271-1-eng-US/0414-OHONOR-Turkey-Womens-Rights_full_600.jpg

Ruhat Mengi, a Turkish journalist and human rights activist speaks, as dozens of Turkish women stage a demonstration outside the parliament to protest the killing of women, in Ankara, Turkey, on April 14.

This kind of killings are common in Turkey or wherever Turks reside:

Government figures released in February suggest murders of women increased 14-fold in seven years, from 66 in 2002, to 953 in the first seven months of 2009. In the past seven months, one rights organization has compiled more than 264 cases – nearly one per day – reported in the press in which a woman was killed by a family member, husband, ex-husband, or partner.

“There’s been an incredible increase," says Gulhan Yag, a young activist who recently attended a funeral for a teenage girl killed for eloping with her boyfriend. "This feels like a genocide against women.”

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/2011/0414/Turkey-grapples-with-spike-in-honor-killings

Sorry about your friend.

Hochmeister
12-25-2012, 07:44 AM
An Uzbek can kill you, if he doesn't like how you have cut your eyes at him (a real case in a public transport). Though Turks and Uzbeks are different Turkic ethnicities.

Incal
12-25-2012, 07:01 PM

I will save you some time: It was a Kurd.

End of story.

RussiaPrussia
12-26-2012, 09:59 AM
turks living in europe are scum since they only chose the strong masculine type of workers instead of smart ones for workforce in the 60s, i dont know how turks are in turkey.

Lathander
12-26-2012, 02:45 PM

No,it is not acceptable.These kind of people are seen as psychos and took their place in 3rd page of newspapers with other psychopatic killers.General turkish male behaviour after being abandoned is drinking with close friends.

Aunt Hilda
12-26-2012, 03:06 PM
Honestly people just stop commenting, I don't want this turn into a "we hate Turkish people" thread ...

(p.s. could some of the mods maybe close the thread)

Kemalisté
12-26-2012, 04:57 PM
turks living in europe are scum since they only chose the strong masculine type of workers instead of smart ones for workforce in the 60s, i dont know how turks are in turkey.

I have to agree with this post. Most immigrants especially in Germany are no different than illiterate salafists, they would not really pass in Turkish social life with their behaviours.

And not that the first generation immigrants from 1960s were that religious, in fact, the next generations became scummer and scummer as they had a communication with other immigrants from Arab countries, which influenced them with time.

Su
12-26-2012, 05:09 PM

^

[insert a name of a European country] + [insert the biggest minority of that country particular country] = RussiaPrussia's claim.

Anatolian Eagle
12-26-2012, 05:12 PM

Yes, it's acceptable. I myself go down to the street and shoot random people for personal entertainment. If someone insults my masculinity then I go to his neighbourhood and shoot bazookas.

Aunt Hilda
12-26-2012, 05:32 PM
Yes, it's acceptable. I myself go down to the street and shoot random people for personal entertainment. If someone insults my masculinity then I go to his neighbourhood and shoot bazookas.

i like where your going with this