PDA

View Full Version : Which country is the most developed and why?

Nadezhda89
12-25-2012, 07:22 PM
Which country is the most developed and why:
- Denmark
- Sweden
- Norway
- Iceland
- Netherlands
I'm really curious :coffee:

Dacul
12-25-2012, 07:28 PM
Neither of those mentioned above,but Japan.

Peyrol
12-25-2012, 07:29 PM
Norway, Sweden and Denmark.
Netherlands also has a very high standard of living.
Iceland totally gone broke in 2008 due to the bank crysis, but i think that now is returned in the norm.

Lobotomist
12-25-2012, 07:29 PM
I would say Denmark & Norway, probably because of the welfare system and less immigrants.

But i'm also a Dane ;)

Dacul
12-25-2012, 07:31 PM
Is very hard for Sweden and Norway to be very equally developed because they have a very high surface and a very small population.

Energia
12-25-2012, 07:38 PM
Japan is highly advanced, from a technological point of view, but I'm not that sure about their quality of life, people live packed, live to work, (instead of working to live), sometimes they even sleep at their workplace in those locules you know, not to mention the frightening rate of suicide.

If I had to choose I'd pick with no doubt Danemark, it's the brightest, and at the same time liberal-welfare state in Scandinavia, everyone get its oppurtunity up there and if you deserve you will be paid good.

Insuperable
12-25-2012, 07:41 PM
Neither of those mentioned above,but Japan.

And just where do you see Japan listed on this thread you Asiaphile?

Dacul
12-25-2012, 07:44 PM
Japan do not have homeless people.
EDIT:
Whatever,it seems they have some,but at much lower rate than even countries from Scandinavia.

Nadezhda89
12-25-2012, 07:44 PM
So you all are saying that the Scandinavian countries are more developed than Netherlands?

Damiăo de Góis
12-25-2012, 07:50 PM
Norway. Apart from being socially advanced, it's not a part of EU, so it's not under Brussels influence.

Salem
12-25-2012, 07:52 PM
Russian Federation, it has the greatest and most fearsome military in the world. The DPR of Korea is also one of the world's great powers, its satellite Kwangmyongsong 3-2 is currently flying through space, hardly any other country in the world has that capability; the DPRK's scientists are greatly envied.

Lobotomist
12-25-2012, 07:56 PM
Russian Federation, it has the greatest and most fearsome military in the world. The DPR of Korea is also one of the world's great powers, its satellite Kwangmyongsong 3-2 is currently flying through space, hardly any other country in the world has that capability; the DPRK's scientists are greatly envied.

Where did you see RF on the list he stated? :mmmm:

Willem
12-25-2012, 07:57 PM
I would say the United States.

The best people of almost any field are usually found there.

Peyrol
12-25-2012, 07:59 PM
The user asked which is the best countries AMONG THOSE SHE LISTED, not in absolute.

Willem
12-25-2012, 08:03 PM
The user asked which is the best countries AMONG THOSE SHE LISTED, not in absolute.

Out of that list, which is incomplete, it's obviously the Netherlands. As our economy is less resource based (i.e. less banana republic-like) and more based on trade, services, and technology.

Smaug
12-25-2012, 08:11 PM
Brazil of course.

Nat! Seriously now: I guess it's Sweden.

Partizan
12-25-2012, 08:13 PM
Netherlands. Small land, not enough resources but always great success.

Jackson
12-25-2012, 08:17 PM
Norway, for similar reasons as Alex Delarge stated. It seems the most sensible out of all the countries stated, although they are all very advanced in the grand scheme of things.

Corvus
12-25-2012, 08:21 PM
All of these country are almost even. A good indicator for high development is low corruption. If we take this barometer Denmark is in leading position.
Netherlands is only in 9th position. All the other Scandinavian countries are in between:

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64396&referrerid=4693

Balmung
12-25-2012, 08:22 PM
What are we basing it on?

Successful big buisnesses?
Technology?

If thats the case in Europe, Germany would be ahead of most. Its the largest exporter, and millions around the world know its products & companies. Its practically America of Europe when it comes to business & cities. In Asia it would be Japan.

Health and stuff like that? It would probably go to the Scandinavian countries. The United States would lead the pack from a business & technological standpoint, but fall behind when it comes to health.

It really depends on the field you're measuring. Some countries do things far poorly than others.

Nadezhda89
12-25-2012, 08:28 PM
What are we basing it on?

Successful big buisnesses?
Technology?

If thats the case in Europe, Germany would be ahead of most. Its the largest exporter, and millions around the world know its products & companies. Its practically America of Europe when it comes to business & cities. In Asia it would be Japan.

Health and stuff like that? It would probably go to the Scandinavian countries. The United States would lead the pack from a business & technological standpoint, but fall behind when it comes to health.

It really depends on the field you're measuring. Some countries do things far poorly than others.
Economically developed and then culturally developed. Which is the most popular country from them? But you have to choose from the countries that I have listed.

Balmung
12-25-2012, 08:44 PM
Sweden.

/Not bias at all

All those countries in your list are economically developed. But i'll say Netherlands, out of all the countries in your list its the largest exporter.

Graus
12-25-2012, 08:52 PM
What about Finland? They are always at the top when it comes to education

SKYNET
12-25-2012, 09:46 PM
Which country is the most developed and why?

a strange question "why", if you are not lazy, and if you are hard working, then

the western world

Canada
Germany
The US
The UK
Australia
New Zealand
Netherlands
Norway
Ireland
Faroe
Denmark
Iceland
etc

the asiatic world

Singapore
Malaysia
Japan
Korea S.
Hong Kong
Israel

the third world sucks xD

gregorius
12-25-2012, 09:50 PM
hands down netherlands,

Nadezhda89
12-25-2012, 09:56 PM
hands down netherlands,
Why?

Willem
12-25-2012, 09:57 PM
Scandinavia has many backward regions because of the sheer size of those countries, while in the Netherlands most regions are roughly equally developed and high standard amenities are spread all over the country.

gregorius
12-25-2012, 10:00 PM
No resources, Below sealevel, Dykes, Gemalen,Polders, ALot of immigrants but still running good, Tolerant, Technology,Education, Healthcare

you could go on

Willem
12-25-2012, 10:06 PM
No resources, Below sealevel, Dykes, Gemalen,Polders, ALot of immigrants but still running good, Tolerant, Technology,Education, Healthcare

you could go on

I don't think NL has that much more immigrants than Scandos. Just the composition is different, they have less Mong/Negro immigrants but more Wogs.