PDA

View Full Version : Howdy

TheWingedHussar
08-03-2009, 12:00 AM
Hey. I found this site whilst on a google-fest. I can't remember what exactly I was searching for (I bookmarked it late last night and registered today) but chances are I was searching for things relating to my "roots" (I have a keen interest in where I come from).
I have lived in the UK all my life and have both Celtic and Anglo-Saxon (if all English people have some Anglo-Saxon in them) blood in me, most probably with some Norse in there too. I also have some Slavic blood (more specifically, Silesian) and have been lucky enough to inherit a Polish name from my grandfather.
I joined up here to find out a bit more about my European ancestry. I am a little turned off by the fact that only "full Europeans" can join, and that one of your members (albeit apparently not too popular) is called "Aryannationalist", so could some of you put my mind at rest and clarify that this is not an online playground for white-supremacists or believers in the master race? From what I've seen on the forums, you all seem like civil, friendly people, but nutters like the Aryannationalist have turned me off a bit.

Atlas
08-03-2009, 12:07 AM
Welcome TWH hope you enjoy it here.

Loki
08-03-2009, 12:14 AM
Welcome! :)

I joined up here to find out a bit more about my European ancestry. I am a little turned off by the fact that only "full Europeans" can join,

The only reason for this is because we want to retain a strong focus on the topic at hand - that of heritage and culture. Membership is thus restricted to this group of people.

and that one of your members (albeit apparently not too popular) is called "Aryannationalist",

Likely a troll.

so could some of you put my mind at rest and clarify that this is not an online playground for white-supremacists or believers in the master race? From what I've seen on the forums, you all seem like civil, friendly people, but nutters like the Aryannationalist have turned me off a bit.

Indeed! :) Let me assure you that this is not a white-supremacist forum at all, and we normally frown on such expressions. Genuine, intelligent people who are interested in their heritage and culture are more welcome here.

I hope you find this forum to be useful and enjoyable.

TheWingedHussar
08-03-2009, 12:19 AM
Thanks guys. I've been reading around a bit more and it seems to be the case that pretty much everyone seems open minded and tolerant.

Mrs Ulf
08-03-2009, 12:27 AM
Your going to find a few nutters no matter where you go. :D

Welcome to the Apricity! Sounds like you'll fit in just fine here.

The Lawspeaker
08-03-2009, 12:28 AM
Welcome aboard, Winged Hussar. I like your name by the way. You have taken your name from infamous but legendary Polish-Lithuanian elite cavalry regiments from the XVII and XVIII century ?

http://www.israpundit.com/2008/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/husaria_benda_.jpg

Piparskeggr
08-03-2009, 12:29 AM
heya Hussar;

I don't think everyone is open-minded and tolerant here, but the men and women of this forum (for the most part) do seem to know that adults can discuss ideas with which they disagree, without being disagreeable.

Welcome.

Sol Invictus
08-03-2009, 12:30 AM
Winged Hussar. My favorite unit in Empire Total War.. :thumb001:

Welcome.

Lady L
08-03-2009, 12:45 AM
Welcome :wave :)

TheWingedHussar
08-03-2009, 12:54 AM
Welcome aboard, Winged Hussar. I like your name by the way. You have taken your name from infamous but legendary Polish-Lithuanian elite cavalry regiments from the XVII and XVIII century ?

Bingo. I've been really interested in my Polish ancestry; ever since I managed to attract a series of mild racist comments, I've been increasingly aware of my identity as a "Pole", even though I'm only 1/4 Polish. I particularly like the romantic image of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, with its racial tolerance, rich culture and of course, its winged hussars!

I don't think everyone is open-minded and tolerant here, but the men and women of this forum (for the most part) do seem to know that adults can discuss ideas with which they disagree, without being disagreeable.

That's as it should be. Having your own opinion on something is just as important as accepting another person's right to theirs.

Birka
08-03-2009, 01:11 AM
A descendant of Poland and Lithuania welcomes you. :)

Aemma
08-03-2009, 03:22 AM
Hello Winged Hussar and welcome here. You seem like such a sensible young man! It's great to have you here. Please do make yourself at home and have fun here. :)

Cheers for now!...Aemma :)

Groenewolf
08-03-2009, 10:06 AM
Welcome.

Svarog
08-03-2009, 12:52 PM
witaj