Archduke
12-27-2012, 07:24 PM
British?

Aunt Hilda
12-27-2012, 07:27 PM
polish?

Archduke
12-27-2012, 07:34 PM
Actually i know some Baltic girls who look like you...so Lithuanian?

Trun
12-27-2012, 07:51 PM
Russian.

Textbook Baltid.

Slycooper
12-27-2012, 07:51 PM
British

shaliza
12-27-2012, 07:54 PM
All guesses are incorrect. But I have been in all of the mentioned countries and I was guessed as local.

The man next to me is a friend from the same nationality.

Aunt Hilda
12-27-2012, 07:56 PM
czech republic?

shaliza
12-27-2012, 07:57 PM
Try more in south.

Corvus
12-27-2012, 07:58 PM
Try more in south.

I bet you are Austrian

Slycooper
12-27-2012, 07:59 PM
East or west?

shaliza
12-27-2012, 08:09 PM
Not Austria.

Trunks, East.

Archduke
12-27-2012, 08:10 PM
Ukrainian?

shaliza
12-27-2012, 08:12 PM
No, but you're getting closer :)

sammymcgoff
12-27-2012, 08:13 PM
Russian?

Corvus
12-27-2012, 08:15 PM
Hungarian

shaliza
I'm from a Slavic country, but not Russia :)

Archduke
Croatia? Bosnia?

Corvus
12-27-2012, 08:16 PM
Slovakia

shaliza
12-27-2012, 08:17 PM
Not Croatia, Bosnia or Slovakia.

Aunt Hilda
Belarus?

sammymcgoff
Estonian

Archduke
12-27-2012, 08:19 PM
Romania?

Corvus
Ok last trial. You have a kind of Slavic/German mixed phenotype.
That`s why I thought you are Austrian.
But now as we went through all available options there is only one left:

Slovenia

shaliza
Not Belarus.

Sammy, Estonia isn't Slavic.

sammymcgoff
12-27-2012, 08:20 PM
Serbian?

TheMagnificent
12-27-2012, 08:20 PM
Not much left then. Bulgaria?

Although I think you look more Russian.

shaliza
12-27-2012, 08:23 PM
Congrats, I'm Bulgarian! :)

All my family comes from a village 30 km northwest from Sofia.

Blackout
12-27-2012, 08:23 PM
Edit.

I was wrong anyway... :laugh:

Corvus
12-27-2012, 08:24 PM

That`s a big surprise. You look very nordish for a Bulgarian :)

Trun
12-27-2012, 08:25 PM

Wouldn't have guessed that.

Красива си, макар и не много типична. Добре дошла :)

shaliza
12-27-2012, 08:27 PM
That`s a big surprise. You look very nordish for a Bulgarian :)

I'm not the average Bulgarian, but you can see plenty like me here. For example, most of my family are blonds.

Wouldn't have guessed that.

Красива си, макар и не много типична. Добре дошла :)

Благодаря :)

Archduke
12-27-2012, 08:28 PM
I'm not suprised at all.

I've seen a lot Bulgarians with your look. :)

shaliza
12-27-2012, 08:31 PM
I'm not suprised at all.

I've seen a lot Bulgarians with your look. :)

Many Bulgarians have guessed me as Bulgarian abroad. Foreigners are always surprised though. :D

Archduke
12-27-2012, 08:39 PM
Are you 100% Bulgarian? You can have "Sorabian" blood. :laugh:

shaliza
12-27-2012, 08:41 PM
Are you 100% Bulgarian? You can have "Sorabian" blood. :laugh:

Yes, I know my family tree.

What is Sorabian?

Archduke
12-27-2012, 08:43 PM
What is Sorabian?

Long story. :D

bella1407
12-27-2012, 09:44 PM
What a beautiful girl!

bimo
12-27-2012, 10:56 PM
nordid + gorid (balto-alpinoid mix)

a beautiful bulgarian girl :thumb001:

bimo
12-27-2012, 11:02 PM
I'm not the average Bulgarian, but you can see plenty like me here. For example, most of my family are blonds.

you are lighter than average but i have seen a lot of bulgarian like you , your look is common in bulgaria :thumb001:

Trun
12-28-2012, 07:36 AM
you are lighter than average but i have seen a lot of bulgarian like you , your look is common in bulgaria :thumb001:

Present yes, common no.

I suggest you go to Anthroscape, someone there may be happy to see you.

Gospodine
12-28-2012, 08:52 AM
Bulgarian is a surprise. I wouldn't have placed you anywhere in the Balkans.

bimo
12-28-2012, 01:27 PM
Present yes, common no.

why you don't accept different opinion ?

her look is not one of the most common but still common , i don't think her look is a rare

shaliza
12-28-2012, 02:51 PM
Bulgarian is a surprise. I wouldn't have placed you anywhere in the Balkans.

I have traveled across almost most Europe and have lived in one of the most cosmopolitan cities in the world - London - for two years. Thus, I have seen plenty of people from other Balkan countries - Romanians, Serbs, Greeks. Almost all of them looked similar, with dark brown or black hair and brown eyes, they lacked the diversity we Bulgarians have, hence types like mine are very rare among them and not rare among us at the same time.

From where are you?

Present yes, common no.

I can post my whole family and many of my friends, they have similar coloring like mine.

Who may be happy to see me there?

nordid + gorid (balto-alpinoid mix)

a beautiful bulgarian girl :thumb001:

Thank you. :)

You are Bulgarian living in Italy?

What a beautiful girl!

Aww, thank you :D

bimo
12-28-2012, 03:19 PM
Thank you. :)

You are Bulgarian living in Italy?

i live and i am born in italy , but my mother is bulgarian my father is italian :)
i go to bulgaria every year :D

Trun
12-28-2012, 03:53 PM
her look is not one of the most common but still common , i don't think her look is a rare

Unless you call 1 in 100 common...

shaliza
12-28-2012, 04:34 PM

It is more than 1 in 100. Something like 20-25 in 100.

bimo
12-28-2012, 05:15 PM

you sound like an american who think that in all the european countries south of 46th parallel is a rare to find light people who don't have med influence

Trun
12-28-2012, 06:37 PM
you sound like an american who think that in all the european countries south of 46th parallel is a rare to find light people who don't have med influence

There is difference between light and light. She looks plain Northern European. It happens here, but it is rare.

Let's not become like Serbs or Iberians we laugh at.

shaliza
12-28-2012, 06:49 PM
There is difference between light and light. She looks plain Northern European. It happens here, but it is rare.

Bulgaria is a place where Northern and Southern European types are equally presented. We aren't like Sweden, Norway, Denmark, neither like Spain, Greece, Serbia, Italy. You can see Bulgarians who can fit in Sweden and Bulgarians who can fit in Greece.

Corvus
12-28-2012, 06:51 PM

She looks Northern Slavic to be more precise. She could pass easily in Russia, Belarus, Poland etc.

Trun
12-28-2012, 06:52 PM
Bulgaria is a place where Northern and Southern European types are equally presented. We aren't like Sweden, Norway, Denmark, neither like Spain, Greece, Serbia, Italy. You can see Bulgarians who can fit in Sweden and Bulgarians who can fit in Greece.

:picard1::picard2::picard1:

shaliza
12-28-2012, 07:29 PM
She looks Northern Slavic to be more precise. She could pass easily in Russia, Belarus, Poland etc.

I hear this very often from Russians and Poles.

Gospodine
12-28-2012, 07:40 PM
Bulgaria is a place where Northern and Southern European types are equally presented.

No country in Southern Europe represents Northern European phenotypes equally as well as Southern ones. They are all dominantly dark-haired, dark-eyed and structurally Atlantid, Med, Dinarid, Berid, Paleo-Sardinian, Alpine or a combination of these (with smaller contributions from Turanid, Armenoid, Taurid subraces).
From Portugal to Greece.

So to say any Southern European country comes close to even a half of it's population's appearance being passably "Northern European" is ridiculous.

I might accept something like 20% of Bulgarians could pass for Northern Europeans (which is close to the percentage of people who are autosomally N.E. in Bulgaria); but nothing close to half of Bulgaria looks "Northern".

Only if you completely disregard people's facial shapes, sizes, proportions, body types, heights and skin colour.

Even half the population in Norway doesn't have blonde hair.

Europe as a whole, statistically-speaking, is brown-haired, brown-eyed, of average height and not very heavily-boned and well-defined in the face like a strongly "Nordic" specimen would be.

There's no shame in just admitting that your country is not a Nordic haven of Aryan supermen; because the actually reality is, very, very little of Europe is.

Corvus
12-28-2012, 07:52 PM
Gospodine is right. Even in a Central European country you would be considered extraordinary Nordish looking. So even to a much higher degree in Southern Europe.
It is fair to say, you are really outstanding for a Bulgarian, even if some have a kind of Russian look

bimo
12-28-2012, 08:08 PM
No country in Southern Europe represents Northern European phenotypes equally as well as Southern ones. They are all dominantly dark-haired, dark-eyed and structurally Atlantid, Med, Dinarid, Berid, Paleo-Sardinian, Alpine or a combination of these (with smaller contributions from Turanid, Armenoid, Taurid subraces).
From Portugal to Greece.

So to say any Southern European country comes close to even a half of it's population's appearance being passably "Northern European" is ridiculous.

I might accept something like 20% of Bulgarians could pass for Northern Europeans (which is close to the percentage of people who are autosomally N.E. in Bulgaria); but nothing close to half of Bulgaria looks "Northern".

Only if you completely disregard people's facial shapes, sizes, proportions, body types, heights and skin colour.

Europe as a whole, statistically-speaking, is brown-haired, brown-eyed, of average height and not very heavily-boned and well-defined in the face like a strongly "Nordic" specimen would be.

There's no shame in just admitting that your country is not a Nordic haven of Aryan supermen; because the actually reality is, very, very little of Europe is.

i agree with that

by the way someone can have light feauture and still look southern europeean , just like mostly those dark haired from north europe still look north euros

Archduke
12-28-2012, 08:23 PM
I agree with shaliza.

North European types are very common here. With North European i don't mean blue eyes/blond specimen, but facial features. I have relatives which tan like hell, but their features are very Northern.

bimo
12-28-2012, 08:29 PM
I agree with shaliza.

North European types are very common here. With North European i don't mean blue eyes/blond specimen, but facial features. I have relatives which tan like hell, but their features are very Northern.

those pseudo-nordid feauture are common in all southern europe , at least here in italy too
here in the forum some people think if you are from southern europe and you don't have mediterranean face you look exotic...:picard2:

Trun
12-28-2012, 08:32 PM
This turns into meaningless conversation.

I have never heard any Bulgarian saying half of us look like Swedes. You must be either blind or live in another Bulgaria.

bimo
12-28-2012, 08:38 PM
This turns into meaningless conversation.

I have never heard any Bulgarian saying half of us look like Swedes. You must be either blind or live in another Bulgaria.

if you want to know my opinion shaliza to me don't look so much swede but more a depigmentated bulgarian who lack the pontid phenotype , and i said PSEUDO-north feauture not typical

Trun
12-28-2012, 08:42 PM
if you want to know my opinion shaliza to me don't look so much swede but more a depigmentated bulgarian who lack the pontid phenotype , and i said PSEUDO-north feauture not typical

I was speaking about her, not you.

Just look what people guessed her to be. Lithuanian, Russian, British...

Roy
12-28-2012, 08:44 PM
You have northern vibe in your eyes. That's my first impression about it.
Quite surprised

Mans not hot
12-28-2012, 08:47 PM
Bulgarianised Carpathian.

Archduke
12-28-2012, 08:51 PM
You guys are just jealous and try to absorb Bulgarian handsomness. :coffee:

Hevo
12-28-2012, 08:58 PM
She could pass in the netherlands. I dont think people will see her as a foreigner.:P

Minesweeper
12-28-2012, 09:01 PM
I have traveled across almost most Europe and have lived in one of the most cosmopolitan cities in the world - London - for two years. Thus, I have seen plenty of people from other Balkan countries - Romanians, Serbs, Greeks. Almost all of them looked similar, with dark brown or black hair and brown eyes, they lacked the diversity we Bulgarians have, hence types like mine are very rare among them and not rare among us at the same time.

Hehe, then your impression of us was quite wrong. :D

Anyway, welcome. You look Baltid with Nordoid inf. You being Bulgarian is not shocking at all to me.

Mans not hot
12-28-2012, 09:03 PM
You guys are just jealous and try to absorb Bulgarian handsomness. :coffee:
Not really. Anyway, it's quite obvious that ''Slavic/North East Europid'' looking types South Slavs come from modern Carpathia regions.

Ushtari
12-28-2012, 09:04 PM
Minesweeper is assimilated adopted kidnapped swede btw

Corvus
12-28-2012, 09:04 PM

Anyway, welcome. You look Baltid with Nordoid inf. You being Bulgarian is not shocking at all to me.

Perhaps she is your lost sister :D

Minesweeper
12-28-2012, 09:13 PM
Minesweeper is assimilated adopted kidnapped swede btw

Actually is Dolan...

Perhaps she is your lost sister :D

Not sure about that, but Serb in denial for sure.

just trolling, calm down xD

Ushtari
12-28-2012, 09:16 PM
Actually is Dolan...

http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/5764/dolan.png

Archduke
12-28-2012, 09:21 PM
Not sure about that, but Sorabian in denial for sure.

fixed it for you. :D

Mans not hot
12-28-2012, 09:44 PM
More of a light featured Central-Euro look. I would have guessed you as a Pole or German at first.
Whose ancestry come from Sorabia.

Trun
12-29-2012, 08:05 AM

Actually, her impression is quite right, and it proves you're just a Sorabian immigrant in Serbia or you posted an Estonian and said it was you to prove how light Serbs are.

bimo
12-29-2012, 12:51 PM
i am sure if she was from another balkan country no one would be surprised , but since she is from bulgaria all act like " :eek: "
this is another proof of that bulgaria is the most trolled balkan nation on the forum and mostly are uneducated about bulgarians , because some members here thinks bulgarians are some kind of gipsy-mongolian hybrid

Trun
12-29-2012, 12:54 PM
If she said she was Albanian or Greek, nobody would have believed her.

bimo
12-29-2012, 12:58 PM
If she said she was Albanian or Greek, nobody would have believed her.

greek probably
but albanian not , maybe only serbs can't believe in albos case

Minesweeper
12-29-2012, 01:19 PM
Actually, her impression is quite right, and it proves you're just a Sorabian immigrant in Serbia or you posted an Estonian and said it was you to prove how light Serbs are.

No it is not, keep your frustrations out of this place.

And about the other part of your post, what can I say, only in silly creature's mind like yours such a retarded accusation might pop-up. :rolleyes:

i am sure if she was from another balkan country no one would be surprised , but since she is from bulgaria all act like " :eek: "

I said once and I'll say again, the fact that she is a Bulgarian is not surprising at all, for me. It only proves that folks outside Balkan have a wrong picture of your nation.

Gospodine
12-29-2012, 03:18 PM
I said once and I'll say again, the fact that she is a Bulgarian is not surprising at all, for me.

There's a difference between this girl not being surprising as a Bulgarian specimen and then claiming that 50% of Bulgaria is "Northern European"-looking and that Northern phenotypes are equal to Southern phenotypes in Bulgaria.

I think that's what people were taking issue with. Shaliza herself is one person. Nothing extraordinary about her being blonde-haired and blue-eyed. You can find people like her ALL OVER the Balkans.

But Bulgaria is a nation of nearly 8 million people. And I know for a fact that 4 million of them cannot migrate to Norway or the UK or Germany and pass themselves off as natives.

Hell they couldn't move to Slovenia and look native.

Archduke
12-29-2012, 03:30 PM
But Bulgaria is a nation of nearly 8 million people. And I know for a fact that 4 million of them cannot migrate to Norway or the UK or Germany and pass themselves off as natives.

Hell they couldn't move to Slovenia and look native.

My cousin is in the UK and he perfectly fits there and yet i'm a wog.

You don't have basic knowledge for Bulgarians obviously, so your opinion doesn't count.

Gospodine
12-29-2012, 03:35 PM
My cousin is in the UK and he perfectly fits there and yet i'm a wog.

You don't have basic knowledge for Bulgarians obviously, so your opinion doesn't count.

I'm sorry but your cousin is again one person.

I have a Bosnian cousin who could fit in Norway too. Hooray, Bosnians are Scandinavian.

Cherry-picking atypical examples doesn't prove shit. I wouldn't for a moment claim that even 30% of Bosnia is "Northern European"-looking and I've traveled throughout it extensively.

There's no way in hell that Bulgaria ,which is autosomally/Y-DNA more Southern than every other South Slavic nation can somehow be appear more Northern European.

Yes Bulgaria is not some wild mixture of Turko-Mongol-Gypsies but it's not anywhere as near as Northern as Shaliza and you claim.

Aunt Hilda
12-29-2012, 03:36 PM
what's funny to me about this threat is that none of the actual Bulgarians thought she's Bulgarian but once they find out she is, all of the sudden her look becomes common lol

Archduke
12-29-2012, 03:41 PM
I'm sorry but your cousin is again one person.

I have a Bosnian cousin who could fit in Norway too. Hooray, Bosnians are Scandinavian.

I meant that even the woggiest person here has at least one very nordish looking family member. In a random Bulgarian group you could find both platinum blondes and people with jet black hair. Just look the thread "Bulgarians".

Come on seriously... yes Bulgaria is not some wild mixture of Turko-Mongol-Gypsies but it's not anywhere as near as Northern as Shaliza and you claim.

I could say that Bulgarians are the same as Ukrainians if we exclude the huge native Balkanian influence and the tan because of the hot weather.

Either you're being deliberately ignorant and stubborn or you're just another deluded Balkan Nordicist.
I'm going with the latter.

I think i know my people better than you. But anwyay, i made my point here. :)

Trun
12-29-2012, 04:33 PM
Subscribing for the show.

shaliza
12-29-2012, 05:09 PM
From Portugal to Greece.

To begin with, Bulgaria is Eastern European country, not Southern.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/74/Europe_subregion_map_UN_geoschme.svg

Hence Bulgarians look like other Eastern Europeans mostly.

Second, by looking Northern European I don't mean looking like a Nordic god. Most Northern Europeans don't look like a Nazi dream, they still have brown hair and green or brown eyes, but their facial structure is different from that of Mediterranean populations like Spaniards, Italians, Croats, Albanians, Serbs, Greeks etc.

I think it is enough that two Bulgarians said I'm not uncommon for Bulgaria at all.

Lithium
12-29-2012, 06:31 PM
Wow, such a shitstorm for a blonde Bulgarian girl? What's wrong with you? There is nothing uncommon about her look, most of my family relatives look like her.

shaliza
12-29-2012, 06:35 PM
I'd be surprised if they have ever seen a Bulgarian.

dralos
12-29-2012, 06:49 PM
norid with alpine can pass as albo,have seen some alboz like her but not typical forsure

Gospodine
12-29-2012, 06:58 PM
I think it is enough that two Bulgarians said I'm not uncommon for Bulgaria at all.

After they guessed you wrong several times:

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1249782&postcount=2
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1249811&postcount=4
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1249868&postcount=5
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1249970&postcount=31

dado
12-29-2012, 07:07 PM
she has ukrainian/russian facial features

Archduke
12-29-2012, 07:08 PM
After they guessed you wrong several times:

What you want? To guess her immediately as Bulgarian? She is not from the most typical ones, but her phenotype is surely common.

The typical Bulgrian look can vary from this

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_A3oFfKDC2E4/TO5WtdfEPqI/AAAAAAAAIJM/t2KA4kiFpCQ/s1600/elena_atanasova_qna_marinova+-+styklen+dom.jpg

to this

http://cdn04.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/nina-ian/ian-somerhalder-nina-dobrev-isf-02.jpg

dralos
12-29-2012, 07:09 PM
she does look bulgarian,i know bulgarian girl from burgas who looks like her

bimo
12-29-2012, 07:15 PM
Wow, such a shitstorm for a blonde Bulgarian girl? What's wrong with you? There is nothing uncommon about her look, most of my family relatives look like her.

yeah but you know only bulgarians neighboors can have such type , bulgarians are all asian looking :picard2:

dralos
12-29-2012, 07:18 PM
yeah but you know only bulgarians neighboors can have such type , bulgarians are all asian looking :picard2:
alboz are looked as much darker by our neighbours

bimo
12-29-2012, 07:18 PM
I said once and I'll say again, the fact that she is a Bulgarian is not surprising at all, for me. It only proves that folks outside Balkan have a wrong picture of your nation.

i agree on that , in fact i am not reffering to you but to the general trend on this forum

Gospodine
12-29-2012, 07:22 PM
What you want? To guess her immediately as Bulgarian? She is not from the most typical ones, but her phenotype is surely common.

I'm not even talking about Shaliza at all. Forget her appearance for a second.

I'm talking about this assertion that Bulgaria is half blonde, blue-eyed and Nordish and half "Balkan" looking.

How is that at all true since genetically you guys are the most southern of the South Slavs and you cluster with Greece and Albania?

So you're trying to tell me that a country can look Nordic but be genetically completely different?

Seriously guys, your limited amount of relatives do not refute autosomal and Y-DNA statistics.

shaliza
12-29-2012, 07:22 PM
alboz are looked as much darker by our neighbours

Albanians I have seen looked like Serbs and Greeks - 90% of them have dark brown hair and brown eyes. You lack the diversity we Bulgarians have.

dralos
12-29-2012, 07:25 PM
Albanians I have seen looked like Serbs and Greeks - 90% of them have dark brown hair and brown eyes. You lack the diversity we Bulgarians have.
girl where have you seen those alboz in bulgaria?

Aunt Hilda
12-29-2012, 07:25 PM
Am I the only one who can tell that she dyes her hair, seriously people. stop overreacting. I'm sure Bulgaria has natural blondes and some fake ones on top, just like the rest of the fucking world

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_A3oFfKDC2E4/TO5WtdfEPqI/AAAAAAAAIJM/t2KA4kiFpCQ/s1600/elena_atanasova_qna_marinova+-+styklen+dom.jpg

FAKE BLOND

http://cdn04.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/nina-ian/ian-somerhalder-nina-dobrev-isf-02.jpg
Beautiful

Archduke
12-29-2012, 07:29 PM
FAKE BLOND

Even if she is with brown hair, her features scream Eastern or Northeastern.

shaliza
12-29-2012, 07:32 PM
I'm not even talking about Shaliza at all. Forget her appearance for a second.

I'm talking about this assertion that Bulgaria is half blonde, blue-eyed and Nordish and half "Balkan" looking.

How is that at all true since genetically you guys are the most southern of the South Slavs and you cluster with Greece and Albania?

So you're trying to tell me that a country can look Nordic but be genetically completely different?

Seriously guys, you're limited amount of relatives do not refute autosomal and Y-DNA statistics.

Can you prove what you claim? As Archduke have already told you, we Bulgarians know ourselves better than you.

girl where have you seen those alboz in bulgaria?

Not in Bulgaria, but in England where I have lived and in Italy where I was on a trip.

Am I the only one who can tell that she dyes her hair, seriously people. stop overreacting. I'm sure Bulgaria has natural blondes and some fake ones on top, just like the rest of the fucking world

I dye my hair? :confused: How do you conclude that? Are you aware hair is darker at the roots?

Archduke
12-29-2012, 07:33 PM

Nobody claimed this. Northern doesn't mean that.

shaliza already explained. :bored:

Bulgarians overlap only with Northern Greeks which have huge Bulgarian input. And Albanians are lighter than Bosniaks and Serbs. Everything here is based on stereotypes.

At the end i could say that Bulgarians look like tanned Ukrainians, like it or not.

Aunt Hilda
12-29-2012, 07:34 PM
I dye my hair? :confused: How do you conclude that? Are you aware hair is darker at the roots?

yes I am aware. but as a fake blond myself, I can tell that your eyebrows and roots are a little too dark to be natural. (or its just the lighting in the photos)

Even if she is with brown hair, her features scream Eastern or Northeastern.
her features scream eastern to central not northeastern

shaliza
12-29-2012, 07:37 PM
yes I am aware. but as a fake blond myself, I can tell that your eyebrows and roots are a little too dark to be natural. (or its just the lighting in the photos)

It is lighting for sure, because I don't dye my hair.

Aunt Hilda
12-29-2012, 07:42 PM
It is lighting for sure, because I don't dye my hair.

fair enough, i hope my "accusation" didn't offend you

Gospodine
12-29-2012, 07:49 PM
I can see some people are getting defensive here.

I have nothing against Bulgarians or how they look; it's just that what certain people were saying was bordering a little too much on Nordicist-Wannabe-Aryan fantasy which is all to common amongst the Balkan members of this forum.

So sorry if I did jump to conclusions.

shaliza
12-29-2012, 07:55 PM
I can see some people are getting defensive here.

I have nothing against Bulgarians or how they look; it's just that what certain people were saying was bordering a little too much on Nordicist-Wannabe-Aryan fantasy which is all to common amongst the Balkan members of this forum.

So sorry if I did jump to conclusions.

I am not "Nordicist wannabe Aryan". I don't claim my country to be a Nordic heaven, neither I admire blond hair. Even my boyfriend is dark haired.

But I happened to be blond. Should I hide this, or say I don't look Bulgarian only because of it? Or to deny the existence of others like me in Bulgaria?

rashka
12-29-2012, 07:57 PM
Silly statement.

Thus, I have seen plenty of people from other Balkan countries - Romanians, Serbs, Greeks. Almost all of them looked similar, with dark brown or black hair and brown eyes, they lacked the diversity we Bulgarians have, hence types like mine are very rare among them and not rare among us at the same time.
Another silly statement.

Isn't that close to Serbian border?

Already in the fifth century of our era the Jugo- slavs seem to have appeared on the Lower Danube.
Soon they spread towards the South and the West.
In order to wage war with the Persians, the East Roman emperor Herakleos (610-41) had to with-draw all his garrison troops from European
Byzance, and the Jugoslavs occupied and settled in the Balkan territory affected. The Byzantine ruler graciously gave them permission to do so on con-dition that they acknowledged the supremacy of Byzantium.
In 680, Tartar tribes, called Bulgars, arrived on the scene, conquered and subjected eight tribes of the new settlers, and from that time
onwards until the present day Serbs and Bulgars
have been enemies.

Gospodine
12-29-2012, 07:58 PM
Should I hide this, or say I don't look Bulgarian only because of it? Or to deny the existence of others like me in Bulgaria?

No.

Just don't generalize or cherry-pick. That's my point.

There's blondes in Iran and Morocco. There's blondes everywhere. Doesn't prove anything; other than blonde hair being common in Caucasoid populations.

So you know blonde Bulgarians. I know blonde Serbs, Croats, Bosnians. I would never make any claim like half of Croatia/Serbia/Bosnian is "Northern"/Fair/Can pass for "X" ethnicity.

That's just ridiculous. As a new member you might want to not contribute to silly pseudo-anthropology like that.

bimo
12-29-2012, 08:05 PM
Soon they spread towards the South and the West.
In order to wage war with the Persians, the East Roman emperor Herakleos (610-41) had to with-draw all his garrison troops from European
Byzance, and the Jugoslavs occupied and settled in the Balkan territory affected. The Byzantine ruler graciously gave them permission to do so on con-dition that they acknowledged the supremacy of Byzantium.
In 680, Tartar tribes, called Bulgars, arrived on the scene, conquered and subjected eight tribes of the new settlers, and from that time
onwards until the present day Serbs and Bulgars
have been enemies.

silly statement too

slavs were just slavs , there wasn't serbia or jugoslavia , and before slav in todays bulgarian land there were thracian wich are one of the bulgarian ancestor , thracian were native balkan people who mixed with slav and then with proto-bulgarians
accept that bulgaria is first slavic country

shaliza
12-29-2012, 08:07 PM
Just don't generalize or cherry-pick. That's my point.

How do I generalize or cherry-pick? Maybe I cherry picked myself?

Rashka, what is this nonsense you posted (Bulgars being tatars), and why my statements are silly? Are you Serb? You guys are called wogs in Australia together with other Mediterranean people, while we Bulgarians aren't, so step over it and don't troll my thread.

Gospodine
12-29-2012, 08:15 PM
You guys are called wogs in Australia together with other Mediterranean people, while we Bulgarians aren't,.

Lol, off-topic but take it from me; everyone not from an Anglo-Celtic background is a wog in Australia.

Aunt Hilda
12-29-2012, 08:20 PM
Lol, off-topic but take it from me; everyone not from an Anglo-Celtic background is a wog in Australia.

even the "Beautiful Balts" (http://christianmarando.edublogs.org/2012/05/01/the-beautiful-balts/)? lol

sorry off-topic, I know

Midori
12-29-2012, 08:23 PM
And Albanians are lighter than Bosniaks and Serbs. Everything here is based on stereotypes.

Lol... I won't even comment on this

At the end i could say that Bulgarians look like tanned Ukrainians, like it or not.

Right....

Ukrainians are indistinguishable from Russians and Belarusians while Bulgarians are wogs like Greeks.

bimo
12-29-2012, 08:25 PM
bulgarians are bulgarians

Archduke
12-29-2012, 08:28 PM
Right....

Ukrainians are indistinguishable from Russians and Belarusians while Bulgarians are wogs like Greeks.

And this comes from a person who never had large experience with Ukrainians.

Bulgarians stereotype Ukrainians as different from Russians and that they are very close to us...i would say even closer than Serbs/Croats.

Midori
12-29-2012, 08:36 PM
Bulgarians stereotype Ukrainians as different from Russians and that they are very close to us...i would say even closer than Serbs/Croats.

Culturally they may be closer to you than Croats but not phenotypically for sure. I've seen Ukrainians too, they look like Russians just with a little higher % of swarthy individuals (since they're more Southern geographically)

bimo
12-29-2012, 08:39 PM
ukrainians and bulgarians don't look the same but there is an overlap and this overlap isn't lesser than the overlap wich bulgarians have with greeks

Archduke
12-29-2012, 08:43 PM
Culturally they may be closer to you than Croats but not phenotypically for sure. I've seen Ukrainians too, they look like Russians just with a little higher % of swarthy individuals (since they're more Southern geographically)

Well i have hard time to distinguish them from us.

Also don't forget that Bulgars came from modern Ukraine and Southern Russia.

Midori
12-29-2012, 08:45 PM
ukrainians and bulgarians don't look the same but there is an overlap

Of course there is, because of the common Slavic/East Euro element but it's not that big like some of you make it out to be. I can see that Ukrainians look very different from Macedonians and even Serbs for example.

and this overlap isn't lesser than the overlap wich bulgarians have with greeks

That doesn't make sense. Bulgaria borders Greece while it doesn't border Ukraine. I see a much greater overlap with Greeks and I'm sure most would agree

bimo
12-29-2012, 08:48 PM
That doesn't make sense. Bulgaria borders Greece while it doesn't border Ukraine. I see a much greater overlap with Greeks and I'm sure most would agree

that's does not mean nothing , so do you think southern spaniard overlap a lot with moroccans just because they live close to morocco ?

Mans not hot
12-29-2012, 08:54 PM
Slovenians are lighter than Ukrainians, despite Slovenia is more Southern than Ukraine in terms of geographic.

Gospodine
12-29-2012, 08:55 PM
I think some people need to take a look at this:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AkbFGFGkvhh9dF9Va3ZpU3VnRVBTb1ZJckJBYWhGc mc&output=html

Compare Bulgaria and Ukraine. Reality Check.

Gospodine
12-29-2012, 08:58 PM
Slovenians are lighter than Ukrainians, despite Slovenia is more Southern than Ukraine in terms of geographic.

That's because there's an East-West and North-South continuum of genetic flow.

Anything touching the Mediterranean basin is going to be a heck of a lot more swarthy than anything land-locked.

Still, we're talking about Bulgaria here.

Corvus
12-29-2012, 08:59 PM

Thats absolutly true and enhances your credibility. Perhaps Bulgarians are in fact much lighter or at least more diverse than we all thought.
They are Slavic after all :)

Archduke
12-29-2012, 09:13 PM
I think some people need to take a look at this:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AkbFGFGkvhh9dF9Va3ZpU3VnRVBTb1ZJckJBYWhGc mc&output=html

Compare Bulgaria and Ukraine. Reality Check.

Exactly what i said :coffee:

I could say that Bulgarians are the same as Ukrainians if we exclude the huge native Balkanian influence and the tan because of the hot weather.

rashka
12-30-2012, 12:16 AM
To begin with, Bulgaria is Eastern European country, not Southern. Hence Bulgarians look like other Eastern Europeans mostly.

Second, by looking Northern European I don't mean looking like a Nordic god. Most Northern Europeans don't look like a Nazi dream, they still have brown hair and green or brown eyes, but their facial structure is different from that of Mediterranean populations like Spaniards, Italians, Croats, Albanians, Serbs, Greeks etc.

Yes, I agree, as Eastern as Armenia.

Trun
12-30-2012, 08:02 AM
ukrainians and bulgarians don't look the same but there is an overlap and this overlap isn't lesser than the overlap wich bulgarians have with greeks

We need some group photos to copmare.

shaliza
12-30-2012, 07:47 PM
Yes, I agree, as Eastern as Armenia.

Oh, have you been mistaken for an Armenian? I haven't, neither have any Bulgarian I know.

Trun
12-31-2012, 04:07 PM
Oh, have you been mistaken for an Armenian? I haven't, neither have any Bulgarian I know.

Rashkina is too swarthy and Oriental looking to fit in Armenia.