PDA

View Full Version : A day late and a dollar short for the UK

Creeping Death
08-03-2009, 07:00 AM
At Last, A History Test If You Want To Be British: Migrants Must Prove They Have Studied UK... ( http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1203857/Title-goes-here.html)
Immigrants will finally be made to take a British history test under plans to slash the number of passports handed out to foreigners each year. It ends a four-year refusal by the Home Office to make migrants applying for citizenship prove they have studied the country's traditions and learnt about figures such as Sir Winston Churchill.

Officials had previously claimed that Britain had 'too much' history and a test would not be fair. Tradition: Would-be migrants will have to prove they have knowledge of historical British figures such as Winston Churchill. The test will be the final stage of a points-based citizenship scheme unveiled today. New rules will also bar migrants who jeer at troops or 'show disregard for UK values' from gaining passports.
Hey, I bet I could pass that one! The Scots are the drunk guys in skirts who throw telephone poles around for fun, right?And the Welsh are the guys who have to get drunk because the English stole all the vowels from their language, The English are the guys drunk enough to understand Shalespear. England is split into two parts named Arsenal and Manchester United, and one of their capitals, London, was named after a small town in Ohio. The other one is in France. Oh, and they like their beer warm because Lucas Electric makes refrigators.:thumbs up

Oh, man, I can't wait for that new passport!:yippee

Manifest Destiny
08-03-2009, 07:11 AM
Better late than never, I suppose.

Beorn
08-03-2009, 01:14 PM
You'd have no chance of passing the test, Brian. At least not by the BS you've been trying to palm off as fact to us.

Treffie
08-03-2009, 01:21 PM
Hey, I bet I could pass that one! The Scots are the drunk guys in skirts who throw telephone poles around for fun, right?And the Welsh are the guys who have to get drunk because the English stole all the vowels from their language, The English are the guys drunk enough to understand Shalespear. England is split into two parts named Arsenal and Manchester United, and one of their capitals, London, was named after a small town in Ohio. The other one is in France. Oh, and they like their beer warm because Lucas Electric makes refrigators.:thumbs up

Shame you're not sober enough to write it correctly. :p

Creeping Death
08-03-2009, 05:12 PM
Better late than never, I suppose.I suppose its a start........

You'd have no chance of passing the test, Brian.Fuck it, I should of included spelling mistakes.
Shame you're not sober enough to write it correctly. :pI should of added the Irish are drunk so they can understand a James Joyce novel.

Beorn
08-05-2009, 09:52 PM
Fuck it, I should of included spelling mistakes.

You could have, but ultimately it would have failed either way.

The Lawspeaker
08-07-2009, 07:10 AM

That sums it up nicely- but you forgot about the Irish.. how did you put it again ? ;)

I should of added the Irish are drunk so they can understand a James Joyce novel.

:clap2:

Freomęg
08-07-2009, 08:02 AM
Looks like the two BNP MEPs have had a big effect on Labour's attitude. I wonder how this will go, in practice, because I still believe that the government fundamentally seeks to eradicate borders eventually. They appear to be backtracking.

Allenson
08-07-2009, 03:37 PM
I love you Isles folks. You crack me the hell up. No, really, you do! :)