PDA

View Full Version : Is there any support for this version of the Great Turan?

Xenomorph
12-31-2012, 01:30 AM
I stumbled across this, and I though it was pretty wacky. It pretty much places any region where a Turkic or Turkic-related people had any kind of presence whatsoever as part of the Turan:

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/3483/greaterturkiye2.jpg

Other pictures of the proposed Turan that I've seen included the Turkic countries, Mongolia, parts of northeastern Russia, and sometimes Japan, Korea, parts of the Balkans, and parts of Iran. But nothing this...ambitious. Does anyone here know of anyone who supports this?

MfA_
12-31-2012, 01:39 AM
It looks like all subjects of ottoman khaliphet.. Turan includes finns/eesti+koreans+japan minus (hindi+africa+arabia+indonesia)

Erlikhan
12-31-2012, 04:49 AM
It is Turk-Islam union map. Not Turan.

Szegedist
01-05-2013, 04:08 PM
This Great Turan is ridiculous in my opinion. And so are all Turanian unions.

The early Turkish turanists wanted to maximise the similarities and minimalize the differences between the Turanic peoples, which is just ridiculous.

Modern day Turanism should be about economic, political, cultural and maybe even military co-operation between nations that have Hun-Scythian-Turanian heriage. But no "Turanian empire" or "United States of Turan".

Pontios
01-05-2013, 04:11 PM
I stumbled across this, and I though it was pretty wacky. It pretty much places any region where a Turkic or Turkic-related people had any kind of presence whatsoever as part of the Turan:

Other pictures of the proposed Turan that I've seen included the Turkic countries, Mongolia, parts of northeastern Russia, and sometimes Japan, Korea, parts of the Balkans, and parts of Iran. But nothing this...ambitious. Does anyone here know of anyone who supports this?

Everything seems possible, except one. Greece is part of the red :lol:. That is impossible :lol:

Szegedist
01-05-2013, 04:17 PM
Everything seems possible, except one. Greece is part of the red :lol:. That is impossible :lol:

The Ottoman empire proves otherwise ;)

RussiaPrussia
01-05-2013, 05:21 PM

what a redicoulos map and people say russia is imperialistic

Absinthe
01-06-2013, 09:13 AM
LOL this is a bit unrealistic... Whatever happened to baby steps... :D

Hochmeister
01-06-2013, 09:24 AM
What is "Turan"? It looks like another rubbish from alternative history books.

Visitor_22
06-18-2017, 05:58 PM
What is "Turan"? It looks like another rubbish from alternative history books.

'Turan' was an Iranic speaking 'state' in Cetral Asia.

Tūrān (Persian توران) literally means "the land of the Tur", and is a region in Central Asia. The term is of Iranian origin and may refer to a certain prehistoric human settlement, a historic geographical region, or a culture. The original Turanians were an Iranian tribe of the Avestan age.