PDA

View Full Version : Syria's Assad denounces 'puppet' opponents in TV address and calls on Syrians to defend the country

Pontios
01-06-2013, 08:00 PM
Syrian President Bashar al-Assad has delivered a rare TV address, denouncing his opponents as "enemies of God and puppets of the West".

A defiant President Bashar al-Assad called on Sunday for national mobilization in a "war to defend the nation", describing rebels fighting him as terrorists and agents of foreign powers with whom it was impossible to negotiate.

President Bashar Assad called on Syrians to defend their country against religious extremists seeking to destroy the nation, dismissing any prospect of dialogue with the "murderous criminals" he says are behind the uprising even as he outlined his vision for a peaceful settlement to the civil war.

YF7ya6Xngv8

BBC (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-20924452)
Reuters (http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/06/us-syria-crisis-assad-idUSBRE90503C20130106)
Mercury News (http://www.mercurynews.com/nation-world/ci_22321055/bashar-assad-calls-syrians-defend-country)
Russia Today's YouTube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF7ya6Xngv8)

Cannabis Sativa
01-06-2013, 08:15 PM
Last breath of a dictator. With thousands of defectors to FSA ranks Assad won't be able to defend even his home soon. Considering his friend Russia even recognized the rebels Assad's end is not going to be good. After the defection of Assad's top rank general(Manaf Tlass) the situation doesn't seem as brillant as in past days. Lol for RT still showing a blood thirsty dictator as a legitimate owner of a country.

Pontios
01-06-2013, 08:37 PM
Dictator? He is no dictator... That is propaganda created by outside powers to replace the Syrian government. Every Syrian that I have talked to told me about these "rebels" and their "revolution". It is nothing more than an invasion of a nation with the help of Westerners. Real Syrians all support Bashar Al-Assad, only outsiders like those "rebels" are against him. They have nothing to do with Syria and come from other Islamic countries to try and replace the government in another country. It is not a revolution, but a war against Syria and it's government from outside forces.

Cannabis Sativa
01-06-2013, 09:10 PM
Assad's credibility is decreasing day by day among his so called supporters. A minorty regime+hereditary presidential system means he is a dictator. Assad's grandfather sold Syria out to France, his father to Soviets, and he tries to sell Syria to Russians, that's why he will ne succeed in most of those cases. The last revolution in Libya, Tunisia, Egypt etc... showed the people has right to use guns against dictators. Assad never kept his promises and he never institutionalized any type of reform in his country. He even lost the tactical military supremacy on many parts of country. Can you imagine you as a president of a country and no absolute power over some regions of your country? Of course not, because Assad's position is actually that.

Playing the hero will not help Assad, if he's lucky enough he can end in Venezuela. But i have doubt that Venezuela can accept him as a political refugee not in order to be in a guilty position over a pathetic criminal. Iran, initally supporting Assad eventually cut the aid because of the country's financial position in a civil war Remember 2 months ago, Iranian national currency saw the deepness of the gulf.

And yes, foreign groups depending on their origins. Iraqi Shia nuts, Hezbollah, Iran's revolutionary guards(not so much because of that crisis Iran withdrew half of them). Such a wonderland for butchering few hundred Syrians in a day. Assad is hopeless with his Iranian fellas. Not to mention Russia, because Russia knows intervening a civil war will mess the things up.

Lisa
01-07-2013, 12:01 AM
^Turks are clearly Islamic savages. Why? Cause you live like in the Middle Ages - a paltry religious differences to you more important - than people's - you supporting killing of Christians and Shiites in Syria. Because you Muslims are savages!

Partizan
01-07-2013, 12:03 AM
^Turks are clearly Islamic savages. Why? Cause you live like in the Middle Ages - a paltry religious differences to you more important - than people's - you supporting killing of Christians and Shiites in Syria. Because you Muslims are savages!

Cannabis Sativa is definitely not a Muslim. He knows Syria better than you since he is half Syrian Turkmen.

Minesweeper
01-07-2013, 12:10 AM
In my opinion, every rule is better than opposition supported by USA and other foreign elements.

We had the same scenario in Serbia 13 years ago, only the civil war was avoided, fortunately, and we are doing much worse than in Milosevic's time when we were under UN trade embargo! We also lost our independence that many soldiers and civilians died for and became a Western colony for dumping electronic and chemical waste.

So fuck that democracy, I'd prefer Assad's dictatorship anytime.

Lisa
01-07-2013, 12:21 AM
Cannabis Sativa is definitely not a Muslim. He knows Syria better than you since he is half Syrian Turkmen.

Who is he? Pagan ?

I do not care. you all are savages. XXI century now ..

Hayalet
01-07-2013, 12:29 AM
Even with the sectarian bias, I believe more Turks would prefer Assad over the rebels. What I can't understand is why a (Balto-)Nordicist cares about this matter.

Gospodine
01-07-2013, 12:31 AM
Old news.

For a no-bullshit explanation of the entire Arab Spring movement, watch this:
3T8_cH2n9CI

Also, what I said here:
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1230197&postcount=2

Minesweeper
01-07-2013, 12:35 AM
Even with the sectarian bias, I believe more Turks would prefer Assad over the rebels. What I can't understand is why a (Balto-)Nordicist cares about this matter.

Is this Nordicist thing referring to me or I got a wrong impression?

Hayalet
01-07-2013, 12:36 AM
Is this Nordicist thing referring to me or I got a wrong impression?
I was referring to Lisa.

Lisa
01-07-2013, 12:39 AM

Because I'm Russian. It is our role in world history to think about fairness. You can not understand it cause you're just a pawn in someone game.

Hayalet
01-07-2013, 12:45 AM
Because I'm Russian. It is our role in world history to think about fairness. You can not understand it cause you're just a pawn in someone game.
Whose pawn exactly? Turks dislike America more than any other people in the world do, many times more than Russians do:

http://www.pewglobal.org/files/2011/07/2011-balance-of-power-00-03.png

SilverKnight
01-07-2013, 12:48 AM
confid. edit .

Cannabis Sativa
01-07-2013, 12:52 AM

Hey moron, Shia is a denomination of Islam.

Illancha
01-07-2013, 12:54 AM
A Russian talking about fairness.

Maybe I'm missing the point, but can you please explain how what you did to my people was fair?

Feel free to start all the way back from the Imperial conquest of the Caucasus, to the Bolshevik invasion of the Republic of the Northern Caucasus, to the genocidal deportation under the Soviet Union and finally to the modern day conflict.

Note that I don't hate Russians as a people, I only hate their government and the ruling elite.

Lisa
01-07-2013, 01:04 AM
Hey moron, Shia is a denomination of Islam.

You idiot. where I say that Shiites are not Muslims? So you savages - Muslims are killing each other in the 21st century. Why ? Maybe you simply not have Soul...

SilverKnight
01-07-2013, 01:06 AM
You idiot. where I say that Shiites are not Muslims? So you savages - Muslims are killing each other in the 21st century. Why ? Maybe you simply not have Soul...

They do have a soul is not their faults in a way, they have been brainwashed by their masters/ leaders whom are western puppets, also many of these 'rebels' lack education and don't know who's the real enemy, sad but true.

Illancha
01-07-2013, 01:07 AM
They do have a soul is not their faults in a way, they have been brainwashed by their masters/ leaders whom are western puppets, also many of these 'rebels' lack education and don't know who's the real enemy, sad but true.
I don't get it so just to clarify, you're agreeing that the US is the real enemy?

SilverKnight
01-07-2013, 01:09 AM
I don't get it so, just to clarify you're agreeing that the US is the real enemy?

Nop US is not, how come you don't get it is simple. Isra-hell has lobbies in the US in which control US policies pretty much in the world so you can see who these 'rebels' are actually fighting against but they don't realize it open your eyes.

Illancha
01-07-2013, 01:11 AM
Nop US is not, how come you don't get it is simple. Isra-hell has lobbies in the US in which control US policies pretty much in the world so you can see who these 'rebels' are actually fighting against but they don't realize it open your eyes.
Oh so Israel is the real enemy? Yeah maybe, but at the same time you have to agree that it doesn't excuse the crimes of the dictators and the oppression of their own people.

Lisa
01-07-2013, 01:11 AM
A Russian talking about fairness.

Maybe I'm missing the point, but can you please explain how what you did to my people was fair?

Feel free to start all the way back from the Imperial conquest of the Caucasus, to the Bolshevik invasion of the Republic of the Northern Caucasus, to the deportation under the Soviet Union and finally to the modern day conflict.

Chechen cut off the head young woman. Why ? http://ru-chp.livejournal.com/3211924.html

Illancha
01-07-2013, 01:15 AM
Chechen cut off the head young woman. Why ? http://ru-chp.livejournal.com/3211924.html
Lisa please understand that I don't hate Russia or Russians, actually I think they themselves are victims of the Russian elite. I can't blame every single Russian for the actions of their government in the same way that you can't blame every single Chechen for the actions of criminals.

If a Russian person did the same thing is it fair to invade the whole of Russia and indiscriminately kill the civilians?

Also I would like you to start from the beginning of the Chechen-Russian conflict.

SilverKnight
01-07-2013, 01:17 AM
Oh so Israel is the real enemy? Yeah maybe, but at the same time you have to agree that it doesn't excuse the crimes of the dictators and the oppression of their own people.

Assad might have done his things (just like any other lame politicians) but his people seem to still have support for him stop watching mainstream news they are brainwashing the f** out of you people hardcore.

This is all the way from Germany...
5SkstWSAnqY

Pontios
01-07-2013, 01:18 AM
Old news.

For a no-bullshit explanation of the entire Arab Spring movement, watch this:
3T8_cH2n9CI

Also, what I said here:
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1230197&postcount=2

Old news? this was today... Look at the dates of everything. January 6th, 2013.

Cannabis Sativa
01-07-2013, 01:20 AM

And yet you speak like Muslim savages killing non-Muslims. Most of those people in Syria regardless their religion and origin are being killed by Shabiha dogs with your guns because some other savages from Western Siberian swamps backing them. Only a Siberian swamp creature portrays those killings normal, not me. If you made a little research you would've understood that Syrian struggle is more than religion. Tens of thousands of refugees are enough to tell who is victim or not.

SilverKnight
01-07-2013, 01:21 AM
These videos will help you folks understand better. ! :b

GrEPadG0pQk

TP3mXVRd89Y

Illancha
01-07-2013, 01:29 AM
Wait a minute, if Assad falls and a 'Muslim extremist' from the Muslim Brotherhood gets in control then surely that would mean there would be even more opposition to Israel than there is at present.

Cannabis Sativa
01-07-2013, 01:30 AM
Y1QOKoDkds4

Houla Killings with the best of the ASS-ad with Russo-Iranian cooperation. If one wants to look for sectarianist violence, it'd better to look at the cabinet of Assad. RT=Full of vacinated lies.

Cannabis Sativa
01-07-2013, 01:38 AM
Wait a minute, if Assad falls and a 'Muslim extremist' from the Muslim Brotherhood gets in control then surely that would mean there would be even more opposition to Israel than there is at present.

That's the point. That's why actually they're not good with whoever opposes Assad. And guess who did not oppose Iraqi Invansion of U.S while we're opposing it? Assad & Iran. Same goes with Afghanistan. In fact Iran secretly loved how Afghanistan was invaded by coalition forces. What is bad for Muslims, it is good for Iran. That's the equation. Their playground is Syria, but they have no more money to waste on this playground.

And just to remember: who gave the Golan Heights to Israel. Same Baathist regime. So called opposition of Baathist regime to Israel.

MarkyMark
01-07-2013, 03:44 AM
That's the point. That's why actually they're not good with whoever opposes Assad. And guess who did not oppose Iraqi Invansion of U.S while we're opposing it? Assad & Iran. Same goes with Afghanistan. In fact Iran secretly loved how Afghanistan was invaded by coalition forces. What is bad for Muslims, it is good for Iran. That's the equation. Their playground is Syria, but they have no more money to waste on this playground.

And just to remember: who gave the Golan Heights to Israel. Same Baathist regime. So called opposition of Baathist regime to Israel.

Fuck you. And Syrian Turkmen? I didn't know we were talking in oxymorons here but Turks are not Syrian nor will they ever be. Turks are native to Central Asia, so why don't you go back to your homeland and leave Syria to its natives? Also, I hope you are proud of your history of kidnapping native Anatolian Christian boys, and forcing them to convert to Islam and making them your Janissaries.

Anyways on to Syria. All the Syrians I met including plenty of level-headed Sunni's (however a lot were Alawite and Christian) supported Assad. I remember seeing a so-called Anti-government riot in the first days on the coverage of turmoil in Syria on U.S. t.v. Now of course they were yelling in Arabic, and my mom speaks Arabic. She said they weren't riot against the government they were rioting for the government (otherwise known as a rally), because they were chanting long live Assad. And you claimed RT fabricates lies? Well so does the U.S.

Now you might be thinking why would Syrians like Assad? He is a dictator. I'm not arguing that because it is true but I would describe him as a 'benevolent dictator' like what Ian R. Crane said about Qaddafi. The people like him because he enforces Secularism. Alawites and Christians don't have to worry about being killed (kind of like what the Turks did to Greeks, Armenians, Chaldeans, and Syriac Orthodox people) and the Sunni's with common sense support it however there are still sectarian tensions. A good example of this is what my cousin from Qamishli told me about how some Sunni's from Al-Hasakeh were going to go to Qamishli and burn down churches because Qamishli was the only city in Syria where churches outnumber mosques. Now of course Assad's forces arrested them rightfully (and the west says he imprisons his people unjustly, lol).

This is all just America's and other Arab countries' way of supporting whats best for them by fabricating lies, about the Syrian opposition (which has a large following of primitives from Yemen, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and many other Islamist Sharia law enforced countries). I remember another member here posting a video about how hired mercenary snipers would kill people indiscriminantly so it would look like the Syrian government was killing its own people. Here is where it gets personal. My cousin, a 15 year old girl was shot in the head by one of these snipers. At first I thought it was just the Free Syrian Army but it is now apparent it was one of the hired mercenaries. Now of course she was outisde of government held territory so it would be impossible to assume the government did it. Actually the FSA started using her death as propaganda against the Syrian government. If the FSA controls Syria, Syria will become another land filled wih even more Burqas enforced by Sharia law, so that all those Burqas can be legally beaten by their husband daily.

TL;DR: FUCK YOU!

StonyArabia
01-07-2013, 04:25 AM
Assad fall is only moments and yes finally Syria will be free. Assad is finished and the revolutionary spirit has won against evil. The revolt will continue. Assad was only being mocked and laughed at if he thinks that the revolt and the civil war will end due to his speech the people don't want his reforms but out of completely. The interest of the Shammar people is clearly with the fall of Assad, that's what I really care about, the interest of my mother's people.

SilverKnight
01-07-2013, 05:07 AM

Assad fall is only moments and yes finally Syria will be free. Assad is finished and the revolutionary spirit has won against evil. The revolt will continue. Assad was only being mocked and laughed at if he thinks that the revolt and the civil war will end due to his speech the people don't want his reforms but out of completely. The interest of the Shammar people is clearly with the fall of Assad, that's what I really care about, the interest of my mother's people.

Here's what your beloved "Free Syrian Army" FSA (my ass) are doing in Syria. It will become a shitland just like "Free Lybia" that's if Assad is defeated and the country falls to the IMF mark my damn words.

p6qsiH0QMy4

I think we need to respect more the choices of the real Syrians themselves ( whom have nothing or little to do with the western backed foreign gorilla fighting invaders) and not our own damn selfish interests! oh Humans! :picard1:

Pontios
01-07-2013, 05:31 AM
I hope this foreign invasion be overcome by the Syrian people and destroy the people who want to destroy Syria. Long live Bashar Al-Assad!

Lathander
01-07-2013, 06:14 AM

Fairness is supporting dictators and sleeping with iranian mullahs then:thumb001:

Fuck you. And Syrian Turkmen? I didn't know we were talking in oxymorons here but Turks are not Syrian nor will they ever be. Turks are native to Central Asia, so why don't you go back to your homeland and leave Syria to its natives?
TL;DR: FUCK YOU!

It is their country.A lot of populaiton movement happened in history,many is done by europeans too.And who are you to judge them? A hybrid?

Seriosly,if majority of syrians loves the assad then who is assad's forces fighting against?A few mercenaries? Assad is losing his war against few mercenaries despite all the support he gains from his folk?
Only an idiot would believe in these fantasies.

SilverKnight
01-07-2013, 08:21 AM
Fairness is supporting dictators and sleeping with iranian mullahs then:thumb001:

Seriosly,if majority of syrians loves the assad then who is assad's forces fighting against?A few mercenaries? Assad is losing his war against few mercenaries despite all the support he gains from his folk?
Only an idiot would believe in these fantasies.

:coffee:

Mostly foreign invaders not actual Syrians, just a few defectors careless sell outs. Wake up even most western governments have even admitted long ago they are backed by them.

Hope you learn something new, sheeple class dismissed.

Lathander
01-07-2013, 08:41 AM
:coffee:

Mostly foreign invaders not actual Syrians, just a few defectors careless sell outs. Wake up even most western governments have even admitted long ago they are backed by them.

Hope you learn something new, sheeple class dismissed.

If the majority of syrians loves assad and supports him,how can't he handle few mercenaries?That doesn't make any sense.

Of course the west is backing up rebels,it is not a secret.

Minesweeper
01-07-2013, 09:29 AM
Since there are some folks here who sincerely support anti-government forces, I'd like to ask them something.

If anti-government forces defeat Assad and take control over Syria, what then? What could they possibly change and make a crucial difference?

Also, if they win, how will they repay their Western and Arab partners who have invested enormous amounts of money in them?

I deliberately say anti-government forces, because FSA is multinational army full of foreign non-Syrian fighters and mercenaries so we can't classify it as a rebel army.

The Ripper
01-07-2013, 09:48 AM
Last breath of a dictator. With thousands of defectors to FSA ranks Assad won't be able to defend even his home soon. Considering his friend Russia even recognized the rebels Assad's end is not going to be good. After the defection of Assad's top rank general(Manaf Tlass) the situation doesn't seem as brillant as in past days. Lol for RT still showing a blood thirsty dictator as a legitimate owner of a country.

LOL.

The rebels cannot actually hold on to territory for longer periods of time, with the exception of some areas close to the Turkish border. As they turn to looting and terrorising the civilian population, they lose the little support they had.

The Syrian Arab army is too conventional to effectively deal with the terrorists, so they can still orchestrate hit-and-run attacks. As long as the flow of foreign militants, money and supplies continues, the war will continue. As soon as it stops, the war stops.

Westerners have been duped by shoddy or purposefully misleading journalism to believe that Assad is the bad guy here. He has more support than the rebels, by all accounts.

Cannabis Sativa
01-07-2013, 11:49 AM
Turks are not Syrian nor will they ever be

Lol sicko, my family has been over there for almost a thousand years since Zanghid Period. Syria has never even been a proper state but a colony state. Sooner or later it will fall and peace will be provided. Assad's time is up. You're aware of the fall of your elitist regime, thus your elitist priviledges will eventually go to trashbox huh? I have relatives in Syria. We will kick every single Baathist in Syria until their arseholes bleed.

Fairness is supporting dictators and sleeping with iranian mullahs then

Yhah, everybody knows their love with Iranian mullahs. Pretty much like a Mut'ah marriage. :)

Now you might be thinking why would Syrians like Assad?

Syrians do not like Assad except a pathetic minority which will end. You probably like Assad because you're a Syriac. Here is your ticket, a ticket to Lebanon. I bet you can find some Lebanese Sunnis are sick of your overgiven priviledges.

MarkyMark
01-07-2013, 03:24 PM
Lol sicko, my family has been over there for almost a thousand years since Zanghid Period. Syria has never even been a proper state but a colony state. Sooner or later it will fall and peace will be provided. Assad's time is up. You're aware of the fall of your elitist regime, thus your elitist priviledges will eventually go to trashbox huh? I have relatives in Syria. We will kick every single Baathist in Syria until their arseholes bleed.

That's cute. My people have been their since the BRONZE AGE BITCH!

Also, Syria was becoming a proper state. In fact they had almost payed off most of their debt towards Russia, and Eastern Europe, and were going to start paying off their debts towards Iran. They had payed off all their debt towards the World Bank.

Syria had been trading with more countries across the world than Iran so they couldn't be a colony of Iran. Syria had been paying off the debts towards Russia, so they were at least semi-independent, but who else could Syria have relied on? The West? Fuck no, this Syrian 'Civil War' is what happens when the West gets involved.

Your bitchin time is up. GTFO, Syria isn't yours!

StonyArabia
01-07-2013, 03:38 PM
Syria is in fact a puppet regime of Iran and Russia. Not only that Syria has continued to support and fund Hezbollah in Lebanon. The oppression of the Assadite government was bound to crumble and hence the result. They might have payed their debt to Russia or going to pay it to Iran, but Iran still hold a tight grip over Syria. In the long run the Western powers are better alley to Syria, than Iran or Russia. Not only that Syria will be finally free from Assad and his cronies, his fall is only moments. In fact all Syrians the majority hate Assad and want him out, and he is war criminal a strong man against his own people, basically he is one sad loser boy.

Minesweeper
01-07-2013, 03:49 PM
Syria is in fact a puppet regime of Iran and Russia. Not only that Syria has continued to support and fund Hezbollah in Lebanon. The oppression of the Assadite government was bound to crumble and hence the result. They might have payed their debt to Russia or going to pay it to Iran, but Iran still hold a tight grip over Syria. In the long run the Western powers are better alley to Syria, than Iran or Russia. Not only that Syria will be finally free from Assad and his cronies, his fall is only moments. In fact all Syrians the majority hate Assad and want him out, and he is war criminal a strong man against his own people, basically he is one sad loser boy.

Not my impression, I've seen pro-Assad rallies, both in Syria and abroad.

If people hate Assad that much, FSA wouldn't even need foreign support, because most of the army would desert in the first few months of the war.

FSA lives of the foreign support in men and material. Without it, it's defeat is only matter of few weeks.

The question arises, if FSA wins the war, how will the new Syrian government repay it's debt to it's numerous supporters? You know that huge amounts of money have been invested in FSA and the amount is rising by every new day of the war.

Partizan
01-07-2013, 03:54 PM

Actually, most people are superficial on Syria issue. The manicheist chart:"Assad vs. Western Imperialism" is totally wrong. At first, if the US would really want to kick Assad's ass, she would support Turkey to intervene and just in some weeks Syria would fall down, just like in Libya's case(NATO intervention+support to rebels). But they do not want to do it in case. The US would not want a stronger Turkey who has Syria in her influence zone. Moreover, the fact is that, Syria hosts PKK/PYD terrorists against Turkey. If a Turkish intervention would happen and those terrorist camps would be razed, the US would lose her one of trump cards against Turkey. As it is known, PKK received support from the US and the US uses Kurdish card against most of Middle Eastern countries as a trump.

I am a Kemalist, a secular person, therefore I oppose AKP regime. BUT if something will be better for my border security and if Turkmen minority in Syria will have better rights(or maybe annexation to Turkey), I totally support Turkish intervention to Syria!

Cannabis Sativa
01-07-2013, 04:09 PM
That's cute. My people have been their since the BRONZE AGE BITCH!!

I believe, i've always thought that Syriacs are today's remnants of cavemen with some more priviledges. So i believe your nobilty. Do you have Syrian passport btw, most of my relatives have it, i mean they live there. Where the ASS-ad do not exist of course. Or are you barking from some Western country? Probably the second option.

Syria had been trading

Yeah, i love cheap Syrian cigarettes. I think it is the only product exported to few parts of middle east. A great success in fact. :cool: Also some billion dollars coming from synthetic drug export and transition.

The West? Fuck no, this Syrian 'Civil War' is what happens when the West gets involved.

Evul West yes, they came to take demigod Assad's priviledges and givin to mobs and our elitist druglords will starve to death. It would be such catastrophe. And mainstream media covering it. Damn, if i was the Syrian president with multi-billion dollars of wealth surely i would not leave the country to people so i would enjoy exploiting cheap manual labour of people. I think you're right. So you think Assad kill more for a better Borat-land dream for Ahmedinejad's nasal cavitation activities.

Gospodine
01-07-2013, 05:04 PM

CNN Facts = Instant fail.

If you think staged demonstrations and paid for provocateurs symbolise grass-roots opposition to Assad you've got another thing coming.

The FSA are CIA puppets.

Assad fall is only moments and yes finally Syria will be free. Assad is finished and the revolutionary spirit has won against evil. The revolt will continue.

Yay!

Utopian world-view bullshit prevails. Sounds like you parroted that ad verbatim from Ban-Ki Moon or some shit.

How can you morons support these Arab Spring puppets when we've now seen the Muslim Brotherhood come to power in Egypt after the fall of Mubarak and demand sharia law?

Like Syria won't descend into another Saudi clone state with bearded, non-elected, uneducated Mujahids running the country.

Assad, Mubarak, Gaddafi; they were necessary evils. Keeping the lids on boiling cauldrons of sectarian filth.

Iraq still hasn't returned to pre-2003 levels economically and socially for many Iraqis.

This Western-backed chaos only winds the clock back in Syria and does nothing for true reform.

ChildOfTheJin
01-07-2013, 05:15 PM
Moreover, the fact is that, Syria hosts PKK/PYD terrorists against Turkey.

And that's a bad thing? Lol, this isn't true anyway. We aren't with the opposition or Bashar.

dado
01-07-2013, 05:58 PM
that madda fakka should think of his wife and kids and evacuate them...the end is near just for Ass-ad lovers

t6Lp4w8wyy0

SilverKnight
01-07-2013, 06:03 PM
I can see the extreme amounts of delusionals in here it actually doesn't surprise me one bit, the majority of people these days are brainwashes sheeple/ slaves of the media and their own pro fascist western governments.

Thanks god I'm not like them, bless me and the other wise men/ women.

SilverKnight
01-07-2013, 06:06 PM
UPDATES:

Crowd/ mob cheer Assad. They love him, most of the country rather have him.

-h-6CCE-Sew

Gospodine
01-07-2013, 06:33 PM
If anyone here actually gave a shit about democracy in the Middle East you would realize the most hardcore opponents to progress are the Saudi Royal Family and the oil-rich Gulf States.

Yet change will never come to these nations because they are too strategically important to Anglo-American interests; that's why their ruthless despots are allowed to maintain control so long as their oil industry is entirely privatized to Western ownership.

Real oppression (no coverage of Bahrain in the mainstream media):
G-4uXkbDhis

Alenka
01-07-2013, 06:38 PM
It's interesting how Assad seems to be criticized more by foreigners than by Syrians themselves.

Gospodine
01-07-2013, 06:46 PM
It's interesting how Assad seems to be criticized more by foreigners than by Syrians themselves.

It gives people a nice, false sense of satisfaction and an ego-boost to pretend that liking things on Facebook and reposting Twitter feeds can change world history.

It's amazing that after three Western-led military interventions in the Middle East (Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya) spanning a decade people still think that the West is getting involved in these shitholes because it cares.

Unfortunately politics is not a black and white game of cops and robbers.

dado
01-07-2013, 06:52 PM
things are really simple..the will of people is above will of one lunatic and his narrow circle of supporters...ones u use army to save your ass,u r done...lako je doći na vlast sabljom,ali je teško vladati sjedeći na sablji Gospodine

sevruk
01-07-2013, 06:52 PM
These stupid drug thugs who shouting Allah akbar, may support obviously just the same stupid thugs

Lisa
01-07-2013, 06:53 PM
Assad is the legitimate president of Syria. Obviously terrorist gangs "opposition" can not win in this war - without outside intervention - it needs the approval of the UN Security Council - that will not happen - Russia will never agree. Therefore, sides have to negotiate - or war will last for years.

that madda fakka should think of his wife and kids and evacuate them...the end is near just for Ass-ad lovers

Now well understand why you support the rebels - 'cause you're a Sunni. That's why I called you savages - paltry religious differences more important for you - than universal human values. So it's obviously a conflict between - civilized secular society vs savage religious fanatics. In other words together secular Sunni, Shia and Christians vs religious fanatics Sunni.

dado
01-07-2013, 07:14 PM
Assad is the legitimate president of Syria. Obviously terrorist gangs "opposition" can not win in this war - without outside intervention - it needs the approval of the UN Security Council - that will not happen - Russia will never agree. Therefore, sides have to negotiate - or war will last for years.

Now well understand why you support the rebels - 'cause you're a Sunni. That's why I called you savages - paltry religious differences more important for you - than universal human values. So it's obviously a conflict between - civilized secular society vs savage religious fanatics. In other words together secular Sunni, Shia and Christians vs religious fanatics Sunni.
do u actually know what word legitimacy means...obviously not...un less u think that the fact he controls syrian army gives him legitimacy ...all these years we had classical
military dictatorship there....
can u tell me when did last time syrian people had free competitive elections...

Gospodine
01-07-2013, 07:26 PM
things are really simple..the will of people is above will of one lunatic and his narrow circle of supporters...

If by one lunatic you mean Obama and his narrow circle of supporters referring to NATO, then yes I agree with you.

lako je doći na vlast sabljom,ali je teško vladati sjedeći na sablji Gospodine

Nemoj me dosadit molim te. Dosta je bilo kazano na idealisticka, naivan razgovor od zapadna ideologija.

To je sve cisto djubre. Je si ti bijo pospan kad je rat u Irak i Afganistan poceo?

Oni su nas izvijestili isti stvari kad se tice Sada Husein, da su njegovi ljudi apsolutno mrzili ga; a danas 60% od Irak vidi rat od 2003 kao naj veca greska.
http://thinkprogress.org/security/2011/12/20/393290/poll-iraq-war-iran/?mobile=nc

Ti bi trebao znat to sto puta bolje od zapdani svijet; nasa rat nije nikad bio iskreno vidjeno kroz medijski cjediljka.

Gospodine
01-07-2013, 07:31 PM
do u actually know what word legitimacy means...obviously not...un less u think that the fact he controls syrian army gives him legitimacy ...all these years we had classical
can u tell me when did last time syrian people had free competitive elections...

This is just hypocrisy.

The monopoly on the use of force is what modern nations derive their power from.
Paper with text on it does not stop the people from revolting; either organically or after being covertly manipulated by foreign powers.

You wouldn't say the same about ARBiH in 1992, when that was the only source of legitimate opposition and expression of separatism we had.

As for elections...
When's the last time democracy has actually existed in practice?

America's elections are rigged without fail. Go learn something about the 2000 Election in which Bush failed to win the crucial state of Florida and Al Gore actually won the popular vote.

Don't talk about Western governments having the higher moral ground to dictate to Assad what is right and wrong.

Of course he's killing people. He's no fucking angel but his replacement will make him look like Mother Theresa.

And if you actually want Islamists like the Muslim Brotherhood (which the US State Department itself designates as a terrorist group) to come to power in Syria and the rest of the Middle East then you have my condolences and this discussion is no longer worth carrying on.

Cannabis Sativa
01-07-2013, 07:37 PM

What is a free competitive election? Never heard about it. Do not use such strange terms among Baathists dude. You would be jailed for life if you said such a thing in Syria. You should call Hazrath Assad instead of Assad. How do you intend to degrade our God astagfirullah. Now repeat after me dado.
V
V
V
V

aT0Fzx8LiGQ

Gospodine
01-07-2013, 07:47 PM
aT0Fzx8LiGQ

5 random guys who were interviewed do not speak for the Syrian people as a whole.

Go troll somewhere else.

dado
01-07-2013, 07:59 PM
This is just hypocrisy.

The monopoly on the use of force is what modern nations derive their power from.
Paper with text on it does not stop the people from revolting; either organically or after being covertly manipulated by foreign powers.

You wouldn't say the same about ARBiH in 1992, when that was the only source of legitimate opposition and expression of separatism we had.

As for elections...
When's the last time democracy has actually existed in practice?

America's elections are rigged without fail. Go learn something about the 2000 Election in which Bush failed to win the crucial state of Florida and Al Gore actually won the popular vote.

Don't talk about Western governments having the higher moral ground to dictate to Assad what is right and wrong.

Of course he's killing people. He's no fucking angel but his replacement will make him look like Mother Theresa.

And if you actually want Islamists like the Muslim Brotherhood (which the US State Department itself designates as a terrorist group) to come to power in Syria and the rest of the Middle East then you have my condolences and this discussion is no longer worth carrying on.
u r right about modern states having monopol to use means of submission including force...but u must agree that not everybody can sit behind state's whip...u must have peoples legitimacy which assad doesnt... especially now...that legitimacy is checked all the time in short periods through competitive free elections

ARBiH was created much later...it didnt even existed in 1992,but what existed was legal president,government structures who had peoples support

what is wrong with muslim brotherhood if that is what people want by majority ...everything that doesnt reflect the will of people cant be called democracy,but there are plenty of other more suitable names for that kind of government that doesnt comes from people to serve interest of people

legolasbozo
01-07-2013, 08:25 PM
According to my humble opinion Assad is a dictator, and i guess everybody agree with me. But you guys think that "yes then what?" Because results are definitely show us ex-dictatorship countries situation is worth than before. So you guys think bad decision is better than indecision. but this uncertain and unsteady situation won't be stable. İ believe this revolitions in middle east release peoples freewill and these revolutions would be "reneissance of islam in the society." this is not easy situation, but peoples minds and lifes restricted by this obsessed tyrants. İ believe the worst dictators are saudi princes. But nobody dare to challenge them, but one day their peoples gonna make it, and that day, the islamic world would be different.

SilverKnight
01-07-2013, 11:15 PM
According to my humble opinion Assad is a dictator, and i guess everybody agree with me. But you guys think that "yes then what?" Because results are definitely show us ex-dictatorship countries situation is worth than before. So you guys think bad decision is better than indecision. but this uncertain and unsteady situation won't be stable. İ believe this revolitions in middle east release peoples freewill and these revolutions would be "reneissance of islam in the society." this is not easy situation, but peoples minds and lifes restricted by this obsessed tyrants. İ believe the worst dictators are saudi princes. But nobody dare to challenge them, but one day their peoples gonna make it, and that day, the islamic world would be different.

:ranger:

It's far more easier then what you think or want to make yourself and other think. You may call Assad a dictator or a regime rather then what we call in the west a supposedly "democratic administration", but Assad has probably done more for his country in all his years in power then all the "democratic" thieves in the western countries combines, who have been backed by power banks and secret societies for decades now.

Democracy in the west is not what it used to be before, it's all long gone, crooks behind close doors are the ones who really choose/ pick who what puppet they want to get into power or hired as an electoral candidate, the whole voting system has been contaminated in other words!

Last: This is an unnecessary war/invasion which will eventually lead to the destruction of the Syrian people who just want to live their lives in peace and in safety of their homes/ families. There's no reason what soever for these gorilla invasions/ tras passing into Syria. Let them decide who they want to choose this year! is non of our fucking business!

But unfortunately they will try to boot him up and set up their own fake "government" before the elections that's pretty much the plan! They don't want "peaceful negotiations", nor a "cease fire" HOOOORSEEE SHIT!!! all they want is more backfires, casualties for the Syrian Army and more civilians killed (especially Christians and Alawites).

For all you scums who support this mass slaughter of civilians and overtaking the most secular country in the region and probably one of the most peaceful ones F*ck YOU~ root in hell.

StonyArabia
01-08-2013, 01:34 AM

Nope you just listen to what the Russian media says. Which is pro-Assad, because he is their pet lol but then again he is Iran's pet. The Syrian people are in fact tired from him the majority, and especially tied from Iranian and to lesser extent Russian influence in their nation. The West has not really backed the Syrians, rather they just give moral support. Assad has done war crimes and is hated by the majority. I can post vidoes. The funny thing Assadites are lying through their teeth saying that the resistance is made up of foreigners from outside like Chechens, Afghans, Yemenis, and other made up bs. The majority of the rebels are from within the Syrian people who are sick of oppression and want their freedom. Do you know how many Syrian refugees there is in Turkey and other places due to Assads criminal nature.

StonyArabia
01-12-2013, 04:43 PM
If anyone here actually gave a shit about democracy in the Middle East you would realize the most hardcore opponents to progress are the Saudi Royal Family and the oil-rich Gulf States.

It's not about democracy, it's about your people being free and their interest. Frankly this what boils down to.

Yet change will never come to these nations because they are too strategically important to Anglo-American interests; that's why their ruthless despots are allowed to maintain control so long as their oil industry is entirely privatized to Western ownership.

It does not matter, but the rulers of the Gulf or Arabia have done the best for their people. This why there is few out cry. For example Seikh Zayed RIP is loved by all Arabians and in particular his people. This not about Anglo-Americans or oil, but how the leadership manages it's people. If the sheikhs of the UAE have done the same, trust me they would have been removed, the same is true of any other monarchy there. The people themselves are content with them so who are you to say and insult them.

GReal oppression (no coverage of Bahrain in the mainstream media):
G-4uXkbDhis

Don't make me laugh, because I know the situation in Bahrain, the revolt was clearly Iranian engineered. My Brother lives there and tells me about the propaganda that they are trying to create. However the monarchy of Bahrain have done very well for all it's segment of population, and even though they might have done some wrong, this can not be compared to what Assad has done.

The Ripper
01-12-2013, 04:46 PM
I'm really enjoying videos on youtube of FSA fighters getting fucked up accompanied by Ennio Morricone soundtracks.

StonyArabia
01-12-2013, 05:05 PM
Not my impression, I've seen pro-Assad rallies, both in Syria and abroad.

No the majority of them hate Assad. For what he has done.

If people hate Assad that much, FSA wouldn't even need foreign support, because most of the army would desert in the first few months of the war.

Yes the majority hate Assad and want him out. The FSA has some foreign support, but so does Assad at a greater amount actually. Assad supporters come from Lebanese Hezbollah, Iranian Basj and some Palestinian groups. These are the facts. Yet the FSA is mostly done by the locals who are sick of the oppression that their people suffer.

FSA lives of the foreign support in men and material. Without it, it's defeat is only matter of few weeks.

Not at all, the same can be said about the Assadite forces. The majority of all ethnic groups in Syria hate Assad and want him out.

The question arises, if FSA wins the war, how will the new Syrian government repay it's debt to it's numerous supporters? You know that huge amounts of money have been invested in FSA and the amount is rising by every new day of the war.

Only time will tell, others believe that the country will Balkanize. At the end it does not matter. As long as Assad continues to rule, there is no peace. The debt will payed, however some nations are willing forgive the debt as long as Assad is gone. If Assad will stay in power, it will not cease. Even with his appeasement speech, he was greatly mocked and laughed at. Like they have said he ignited the flame of war, and they are fighting for freedom.

RussiaPrussia
01-18-2013, 05:22 AM
assad greatest leader in the middle east

GrEPadG0pQk

syrian girl approves. Who do you trust more? Cute girl or animals in bomber jackets?

The Ripper
01-18-2013, 05:41 AM
Who do you trust more? Cute girl or animals in bomber jackets?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/__c2BEJErq88/Su9JEV0KExI/AAAAAAAAACM/MBstSLq3p6k/s400/skinheads.jpg

??

SilverKnight
01-18-2013, 05:44 AM
assad greatest leader in the middle east

GrEPadG0pQk

syrian girl approves. Who do you trust more? Cute girl or animals in bomber jackets?

Any one who knows the truth and supports Assad but more importantly the suffering (real) Syrian people are smart enough to me.

Minesweeper
01-18-2013, 11:02 AM
No the majority of them hate Assad. For what he has done.

Again, that's not my impression. I do not blindly believe in Russian reports but western and Al Jazeera ones I take with much more reserve, because they are proven liars.

Yes the majority hate Assad and want him out. The FSA has some foreign support, but so does Assad at a greater amount actually. Assad supporters come from Lebanese Hezbollah, Iranian Basj and some Palestinian groups. These are the facts. Yet the FSA is mostly done by the locals who are sick of the oppression that their people suffer.

Foreign support is crucial and incomparable to much smaller support that Assad has. We are talking about, military, economical and political support.

Only time will tell, others believe that the country will Balkanize. At the end it does not matter. As long as Assad continues to rule, there is no peace. The debt will payed, however some nations are willing forgive the debt as long as Assad is gone. If Assad will stay in power, it will not cease. Even with his appeasement speech, he was greatly mocked and laughed at. Like they have said he ignited the flame of war, and they are fighting for freedom.

Why don't you learn on Yugoslav example. :picard2: Same fucking shit happened here and look what we got. I'd rather live in a country controlled by Assad's type dictator than in this ''democratic paradise''.

RussiaPrussia
01-18-2013, 08:01 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/__c2BEJErq88/Su9JEV0KExI/AAAAAAAAACM/MBstSLq3p6k/s400/skinheads.jpg

??

these are punks

The Ripper
01-18-2013, 10:39 PM
these are punks

In bomber jackets.

RussiaPrussia
01-19-2013, 12:26 AM
In bomber jackets.

no they are real punks i mean

Xenomorph
01-19-2013, 06:05 AM
Assad should step down to prevent more bloodshed, but I have little faith in his successors, given the increasing role of Al-Qaeda in the insurgency. The Middle East is just one big lose-lose.

Pontios
01-19-2013, 06:06 AM
Assad should step down to prevent more bloodshed, but I have little faith in his successors, given the increasing role of Al-Qaeda in the insurgency. The Middle East is just one big lose-lose.

If he steps down, there will be more bloodshed than ever against Christians of Syria.

Xenomorph
01-19-2013, 06:27 AM
If he steps down, there will be more bloodshed than ever against Christians of Syria.

That's a real possibility. I don't think Syria has an Islamist organization as powerful as what we see in Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood, but you can bet that Al-Qaeda will not lie down once Assad is removed.

That being said, we know that the longer Assad remains in power, the more innocent people will die. He has effectively lost control over much of the country, yet continues to bomb any areas that support the rebels. Also, he has the backing of Hezbollah,a group who's record on religion tolerance isn't too great. We don't know for sure what a post-Assad Syria will be like, but we do know that the longer he is in power, the longer this war will be dragged out. At this point, he has little to no hope of restoring firm control over Syria, barring a virtual genocide in all the areas that oppose him or through massive, continuing international support. Continuing the war is pointless; best to let negotiations start and possibly allow a peaceful transition of power to another secular government, rather than allow Islamists to gradually build up support through military victories.

The Ripper
01-20-2013, 09:23 AM
no they are real punks i mean

In bomber jackets.

SilverKnight
01-21-2013, 09:13 AM
For those delusional ones in here who support the gorilla welfare invasion and foreign western backed intervention in Syria watch this video!!

This little young girl lost her father in combat, crying across her town sad to have lost her "hero" lost thanks to these heartless parasite/ dogs.

sSCGknpmI6Y

Kemalisté
01-23-2013, 07:38 PM
How ironical that some fascist neo-nazi guys here are trying to own Assad just because of their interests and use him as a tool to attack the whole Muslim people and acting as if he is a Christian Saint fighting "evil Muslims" or something. He is a Muslim, just saying.

Anyway, keep it up, great leader!

The Ripper
01-24-2013, 06:08 AM
How ironical that some fascist neo-nazi guys here are trying to own Assad just because of their interests and use him as a tool to attack the whole Muslim people and acting as if he is a Christian Saint fighting "evil Muslims" or something. He is a Muslim, just saying.

He's a Muslim, who fights for his country and compatriots against foreign extremists and the international interest groups funding them. :thumb001:

Black Sun Dimension
01-24-2013, 06:15 AM
We, the people of Venezuela, support Assad and the Syrian people in their righteous struggle.

Kevork
01-24-2013, 06:44 AM
Assad is against the majority of his people. I wouldn't really call that a nationalist. His sect represents only five percent of Syrians. Don't lie to yourself.

The Ripper
01-24-2013, 06:52 AM
Assad is against the majority of his people. I wouldn't really call that a nationalist. His sect represents only five percent of Syrians. Don't lie to yourself.

So what if he's part of a religious minority? The majority of Syrians seem to support him against the foreign-backed terrorists. People, who were critical towards him at the start of the protest movement have gathered behind him, because they like the "armed opposition" even less.

Don't believe the media spin.

Kevork
01-24-2013, 06:59 AM
So what if he's part of a religious minority? The majority of Syrians seem to support him against the foreign-backed terrorists. People, who were critical towards him at the start of the protest movement have gathered behind him, because they like the "armed opposition" even less.

Don't believe the media spin.

You are a nut.

Syrians hate Assad and his family. They will cut his head off. I don't listen to Western media. I listen to Syrian media and generals. They hate Assad. His generals are trying to kill him as we speak.

The Ripper
01-24-2013, 07:10 AM
You are a nut.

Syrians hate Assad and his family. They will cut his head off. I don't listen to Western media. I listen to Syrian media and generals. They hate Assad. His generals are trying to kill him as we speak.

"Syrian" media, as in "activist reports"? :picard1:

p-DCZxsrt9I

JvAzyhieSnc

hwMDrmR2J3s

The Ripper
01-24-2013, 08:14 AM
Iraqi sociologist Sami Ramadani explains the support for Assad's government and the nature of the armed opposition (contra the peaceful opposition):

2VTlWDkrWtI

Kemalisté
01-24-2013, 02:04 PM
He's a Muslim, who fights for his country and compatriots against foreign extremists and the international interest groups funding them. :thumb001:

Yes, but the OP seems to be a racist neo-nazi and fanatic orthodox supporting Assad because of his own interests (that orthodox people are safer under his rule). His destionation would be more like this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syrian_Social_Nationalist_Party).

We support Assad because he stands against American imperialism and extremism funded by America.

Arsen_
01-26-2013, 05:34 PM
Syrians hate Assad and his family

Not sure about Syrians but from what I know Armenians in Syria do not hate Assad.

MarkyMark
01-26-2013, 05:51 PM

Alawites are technically Muslims but many don't consider them Muslim because Twelver Islam is such a far off sect from regular Islam. Also, we didn't call him a christian saint. We admire his secular policies, that are not found in the majority of Islamic countries, such as Saudi Arabia where it is illegal to build a church.

How ironical that some Sunni Muslim countries who don't allow their own women to go outside of the house without a veil and don't allow freedom of religion and freedom of speech for women are trying to own Syria in the name of freedom, which they are just using as a tool to further their interests to have another Sunni nation as an ally. Go fuck yourself, just saying.

StonyArabia
01-31-2013, 05:00 PM
Alawites are technically Muslims but many don't consider them Muslim because Twelver Islam is such a far off sect from regular Islam. Also, we didn't call him a christian saint. We admire his secular policies, that are not found in the majority of Islamic countries, such as Saudi Arabia where it is illegal to build a church.

How ironical that some Sunni Muslim countries who don't allow their own women to go outside of the house without a veil and don't allow freedom of religion and freedom of speech for women are trying to own Syria in the name of freedom, which they are just using as a tool to further their interests to have another Sunni nation as an ally. Go fuck yourself, just saying.

Alwaites are not even 12ers. Since 12er Shiaism is practiced in Iraq and Iran, and frankly has more in common with Sunnism than it does with Alwaite faith. Nor 12er Shiaism is very far different from Sunnism or regular Islam.

LOL that's only true of Saudi Arabia, stop speaking like you are an expert on Middle Eastern issues and nations since they don't happen in most of Arabia and North Africa. Syria is indeed fighting for freedom and the only people who benefit from the dictator are being his cronies, the majority want Assad over.

Syria is majority Sunni and sooner or later it will become a Sunni ruled nation, and those are fact.

Wadaad
01-31-2013, 05:17 PM
I dont understand Assad, his time was up long ago...instead of retiring in some Maltese villa or Russian palace, he is guaranteeing himself a Gaddafi style humiliating death.

SilverKnight
01-31-2013, 07:06 PM
revylRAYrzc

s4LBgteyPXo

MarkyMark
01-31-2013, 11:19 PM
Alwaites are not even 12ers. Since 12er Shiaism is practiced in Iraq and Iran, and frankly has more in common with Sunnism than it does with Alwaite faith. Nor 12er Shiaism is very far different from Sunnism or regular Islam.

LOL that's only true of Saudi Arabia, stop speaking like you are an expert on Middle Eastern issues and nations since they don't happen in most of Arabia and North Africa. Syria is indeed fighting for freedom and the only people who benefit from the dictator are being his cronies, the majority want Assad over.

Syria is majority Sunni and sooner or later it will become a Sunni ruled nation, and those are fact.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alawites

The Ripper
02-01-2013, 09:25 AM
I dont understand Assad, his time was up long ago...instead of retiring in some Maltese villa or Russian palace, he is guaranteeing himself a Gaddafi style humiliating death.

Yeah, yeah, his end is near, his demise will be bloody, yada yada. We've been hearing this for two years now.

The fact is that Assad will not be over thrown without Western military intervention. The fact is that rebels are losing international support and funding, fast.

The Syrian Arab Army is making gains, and if reports from debkafile are anywhere near accurate, they are planning a wide offensive against rebel positions.

The end is near, but for the FSA, I suspect.

Wadaad
02-04-2013, 05:31 AM
Yeah, yeah, his end is near, his demise will be bloody, yada yada. We've been hearing this for two years now.

The fact is that Assad will not be over thrown without Western military intervention. The fact is that rebels are losing international support and funding, fast.

The Syrian Arab Army is making gains, and if reports from debkafile are anywhere near accurate, they are planning a wide offensive against rebel positions.

The end is near, but for the FSA, I suspect.

The FSA has access to near unlimited Saudi/Qatari/Emirati funds.
The FSA is joined monthly by more and more regiments from the Syrian army
The FSA have little to nothing to lose (Im talking about the mujahids here, not the twitter/facebook/blog everything because im a fag crowd who are inconsequential inspite of how much western media cites them as credible sources)

Even if Assad holds on to power, it will be a weaker, more isolated Syria that will continue to brace itself for the knockout blow. Iran their biggest patron in a region of bullies, and you're telling me Assad has a chance?

The Ripper
02-04-2013, 11:36 AM
The FSA has access to near unlimited Saudi/Qatari/Emirati funds.

This might have been the case before, but it looks increasingly like those funds are drying out. Also the media has suddenly started reporting on the dark side of the FSA, which might well signify a change in policy.

The FSA is joined monthly by more and more regiments from the Syrian army

Really? Sources?

The FSA have little to nothing to lose (Im talking about the mujahids here, not the twitter/facebook/blog everything because im a fag crowd who are inconsequential inspite of how much western media cites them as credible sources)

Perhaps, but they still don't have what it takes to defeat the Syrian Arab Army. They can continue to make life a living hell for Syrians, but they won't topple Assad. They lack the unity, heavy weapons and popular support in strategic areas, not to mention that as the war drags on, a return to security under Assad starts to look better and better to those who initially supported the uprising.

Even if Assad holds on to power, it will be a weaker, more isolated Syria that will continue to brace itself for the knockout blow. Iran their biggest patron in a region of bullies, and you're telling me Assad has a chance?

The first part is undoubtedly true. I don't know what kind of Syria will emerge from this chaos, but it will surely be a more divided Syria.

However, you need conventional military intervention to topple Assad, and that does not seem to be forthcoming.

Wadaad
02-11-2013, 10:02 AM

You have little idea why the Arabs revolted...your inability to relate to non Europeans makes you think everytime people revolt, its ala the French revolution.

The most obvious reason people revolt is to reclaim their dignity. Nobody except the blogosphere/twitter arab youths (maybe .1% of the total revolutionaries) really emphasize 'secularism'. People want dignity, and the Assad regime like the other toppled regime has been indignant to its population at the expense of holding on to power. The Russians and others here cheerleading the dictator Assad are just as bad as the evangelical bible belters who blindly support Israel to fulfill prophecy.

Partizan
02-11-2013, 10:08 AM
Really? Sources?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-18445370

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2012/12/26/top-syrian-general-joins-opposition.html

Two examples.

archangel
02-11-2013, 10:11 AM
assad must fall so we can easly reach these vast energy areans beneath the east med,actually its all about these energy corridor,NATO wants and also russkies want it too,but in the end assad will fall and a NATO proxy govermont will take the charge and the energy sources in syria will transfer easily to world ecenomy,this would also break the russian and eastern ally(shangai five)influence in the region.

Grenzland
02-11-2013, 02:26 PM
Why do the Turks hate Assad? Sending mercenaries and supporting terrorists is the new way of the "modern" Turkey?