PDA

View Full Version : Recommend places to visit in your country

Corvus
01-08-2013, 12:12 PM
Everyone likes to travel abroad if money and time allows it, but we usually don`t know much about locations worth to visit in foreign countries.
So what are your suggestions? Landscapes, sights, towns, events etc.

Virtuous
01-08-2013, 12:13 PM
Valletta/Valletta Waterfront, St.Julians, Paceville, Mdina, Blue Lagoon (Comino).

Those places are the hotspots for tourists.

SkyBurn
01-08-2013, 12:17 PM
Oh God this is difficult.

- Melbourne/Sydney (as far as cities go, these are the worthwhile ones).
- Central Australia (Uluru/Kings Canyon) + Kakadu National Park (in the Northern Territory)
- The Great Barrier Reef (before it's destroyed)
- The Daintree, Queensland (and surrounding National Parks)
- The Gold Coast (aussie beaches, of course)

These are the ones which jump out at me at the moment. There are many, many other destinations which are more than worthwhile seeing in Australia, but I doubt anybody has that much time. These are the touristy ones.

Jackson
01-08-2013, 12:22 PM
I'd say, avoid the main tourist hot-spots. Spend as little time in London as possible. Cities wise, go to Winchester, Lincoln, York, Canterbury, Bath etc.

In terms of non-cities, there are hundreds of manor houses, castles, prehistoric&historic monuments to visit. Or even just going for a drive through the beautiful English countryside (we did pick ourselves the best island in the world :D) is great. For that i'd recommend some areas in the southwest - Wiltshire, Gloucestershire, Herefordshire and along the Welsh marches, all very nice round there. Also some parts of East Anglia are quite nice too. If you like hills and mountains ad highlands you can go to the Peak District, Pennines, Yorkshire Dales, North York Moors, Cumbria, Northumberland and the Cheviots (although you might end up crossing into the barbarous country of Scotland then) so caution is encouraged. :D

Methmatician
01-08-2013, 12:26 PM
The Gold Coast, Ayers Rock (Uluru), Melbourne, Sydney, Great Barrier Reef, Parliament House.

Graham
01-08-2013, 12:31 PM
Isle of Harris - Luskentyre
Isle of lewis - Callanish & the standing stones
Isle of Skye & Plockton Village
Neolithic Orkney
Wallace Monument & Stirling castle
Edinburgh Old Town
West Highland Way
Cairngorms national Park & surrounding areas
Jacobite Steam Train route
Peebles & Glentress, Borders

Could think of more lol

Madonna
01-08-2013, 12:34 PM
I want to visit Greece with my family - Crete is a good choice ? how do you think guys ?

Tyfani
01-19-2013, 10:11 AM
Well, I could say a lot of places to visit, but if your way comes through athens, spend an afternoon walking/climbing to Arios Pagos. There are lots of landmarks arround there so you should just take your time to explore...

This is a picture I took alone the other day while I was sitting on a rock trying to hear the voices of my ancestors.

http://i48.tinypic.com/332tgmr.jpg

Linet
01-19-2013, 10:13 AM
If you were on Areios Pagos :rose: i am sure you did :hug2:

Oops, i spotterd Hephestus temple :)

Corvus
01-19-2013, 10:14 AM
Thanks to Greek members this good intended thread is revitalized.
Bonus point by me :)

Gimpicus
01-19-2013, 11:21 AM
A dream vacation for me would be Japan, even though I could probably never afford to go there because it's one of the most expensive places to visit. I watch a lot of anime and I'm fascinated by the Japanese culture and the exotic look of the country.