PDA

View Full Version : New York Times: Children Bad for Environment

Sol Invictus
08-07-2009, 11:25 PM
Kate Galbraith
The New York Times
August 7, 2009

Having children is the surest way to send your carbon footprint soaring, according to a new study from statisticians at Oregon State University.

The study found that having a child has an impact that far outweighs that of other energy-saving behaviors.

Take, for example, a hypothetical American woman who switches to a more fuel-efficient car, drives less, recycles, installs more efficient light bulbs, and replaces her refrigerator and windows with energy-saving models. If she had two children, the researchers found, her carbon legacy would eventually rise to nearly 40 times what she had saved by those actions.

“Clearly, the potential savings from reduced reproduction are huge compared to the savings that can be achieved by changes in lifestyle,” the report states.

Read entire article (http://greeninc.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/08/07/having-children-brings-high-carbon-impact/)

HawkR
08-07-2009, 11:37 PM
Yeah, come no! Let's stop having children. Got damn misantrops :mad:

Skandi
08-07-2009, 11:44 PM
Nice practical advice there I see. Ah well we know who will listen to this and use it as an excuse, and we know exactly who will just breed anyway. There go the demographics :(

Osweo
08-08-2009, 02:34 AM
New York Times. You know Hew. Honestly, they do their best to live up to their worst caricature, don't they?

Poltergeist
08-08-2009, 05:39 AM
New York Times is bad for the environment.

ikki
08-08-2009, 06:03 AM
so lets condemn the immigration, and alll the kids those have... we demand forced abortions on the mexicans!

Cato
08-08-2009, 05:14 PM
FLUSH.

Typical leftist, human-hating shit. I'm reminded of this kind of unsavory nonsense:

http://www.vhemt.org/

"The Voluntary Human Extinction Movement"

Atlas
08-08-2009, 06:09 PM
Actually it's the third-world birthrate that I am worried about. Americans and Europeans barely have the 2 children per couple necessery. And technology in these countries has raisen to an important point for the last decade.

Groenewolf
08-09-2009, 12:31 PM
Nice practical advice there I see. Ah well we know who will listen to this and use it as an excuse, and we know exactly who will just breed anyway. There go the demographics :(

Indeed, the ones most likely folling up on this advice will be highly educated/inteligent couples. Who in our countries are still in the majority European. So besides numbers this will also have a dysgenic effect. And dumb people probaly care less about these things, so on the long term it is even harmfull on that terain.

Cato
08-09-2009, 01:54 PM
I don't care about turd worlders having more babies- in turd world countries. When these people begin to invade the developed world, then I do care. It's a case of sheer blithering idiocy.

The Lawspeaker
08-09-2009, 02:05 PM
From now on I won't read the New York Times anymore. Anyone got a better newspaper in mind for me ? (one that can be viewed online- y'all know my political beliefs by now).

Well- only a fool doesn't see that this is particularly pointed at "white Americans" favoring "minorities". So I consider this study and newspaper to be racist and those that "carried it out" I mean made up to be fifth columnists.

Útrám
08-09-2009, 02:15 PM
Leave it to the NY Times to ascertain the roots of our woes. The real problem lies in the consumptive upbringing of children-- Just abridge your spending.

ikki
08-09-2009, 03:05 PM
From now on I won't read the New York Times anymore. Anyone got a better newspaper in mind for me ? (one that can be viewed online- y'all know my political beliefs by now).

Well- only a fool doesn't see that this is particularly pointed at "white Americans" favoring "minorities". So I consider this study and newspaper to be racist and those that "carried it out" I mean made up to be fifth columnists.

rense ? ;)
Must be the best newsportal out there since ever..

The Lawspeaker
08-09-2009, 03:12 PM
rense ? ;)
Must be the best newsportal out there since ever..
Hmm ? I can't find it lol. Can you link me ? :)

ikki
08-09-2009, 06:18 PM
Hmm ? I can't find it lol. Can you link me ? :)

http://www.rense.com/

;)