PDA

View Full Version : Who's better at cooking Men or Women?

Lemon Kush
01-16-2013, 03:52 AM
What do you guys think?

Slycooper
01-16-2013, 03:52 AM
"Anywhere you got the best cooks are men, on Mars the best cooks are men and thats a fact"

Sikeliot
01-16-2013, 03:53 AM
It is an individual thing.

My mom can cook anything amazingly and my dad sucks at cooking.. he can't even boil water.

I can cook much better than my dad and my stepmom.. almost as well as my mother. And I'm a guy.

Lemon Kush
01-16-2013, 06:48 AM
I think men. All the top chefs I see on T.V. are men, even though its something more associated with women and something done more often by women. Men are better overall.

http://www.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/20080708/300.ramsay.hellskitchen.070808.jpg

http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/5-celebrity-chefs-3.jpg

http://www.toledoblade.com/image/2011/03/21/800x_b1_cCM_z_cT/Guy-Fieri.jpg

Accountant
01-16-2013, 06:52 AM
Best cooks are men but average woman is better cook than average man.

caesius
01-16-2013, 06:58 AM
I think men. All the top chefs I see on T.V. are men, even though its something more associated with women and something done more often by women. Men are better overall.

but it doesn't mean men are better at cooking.
it just means they are better chefs.

of course chefs are supposed to make good dishes, but they have to coordinate other cooks as well, so it's required for a chef to be tough, decisive, etc. that's why men are more often chefs.

Madonna
01-16-2013, 06:58 AM
Men

Lemon Kush
01-16-2013, 07:00 AM

Yeah probably because the average woman spends more time cooking/cleaning, and doing other housework. While the man is at work. Makes sense.

Queen B
01-16-2013, 07:04 AM
gourmet -> Men
non-gourment -> women

Siberian Cold Breeze
01-16-2013, 07:35 AM
World cuisines traditional recipes -yes ,all of them -are created by women

not by fancy chefs

Professional chefs are good ofcourse but mother's soup has a mystical power for body and soul ..

Alenka
01-16-2013, 07:37 AM
+1

Absinthe
01-16-2013, 11:17 AM
gourmet -> Men
non-gourment -> women
Exactly.

Women know how to cook for the family, not posh, uptite fancy restaurant critics.
That means practical, i.e. simple tastes that even the kids will like, large quantities (hard to experiment with large quantities), tried and tested recipes (you wouldn't try and feed your kids asparagus with honey sauce and truffle sprinkles, would you?), food that can be easily preserved if left over, etc. Furthermore because lots of women work outside the home, they need to know how to scrape up a fast and delicious meal as opposed to stay in the kitchen for hours.

Men, on the other hand, cook as a hobby. That means they got all the time and energy to experiment and try out new things etc.

Géza
01-16-2013, 02:35 PM
In Hungary both the men and women can cook traditionally. The women cooked the lunch at home and brought it to the field where the men worked. Other men guard the animals in the Hungarian Great Plain and they cook our most famous dishes: Gulyás, Pörkölt, Paprikás. I have seen the same nowadays both the men and women can and use to cook including me.

Graus
01-16-2013, 03:03 PM
50 years ago women. Nowadays its hard to find one which can cook at all.

gold_fenix
01-16-2013, 03:06 PM
50 years ago women. Nowadays its hard to find one which can cook at all.

totally agree with you, at least here now in young people men we cook better that women, specially because women don't cook, they hate it totally

Žołnir
01-16-2013, 03:08 PM
Often men are superior if they cook alot but both can be equaly great. :)

Baldur
01-16-2013, 03:08 PM
:D
http://loldaddy.com/images/uploaded_pics/loldaddy.com-1332700733.jpg

Duke
01-16-2013, 03:13 PM
Men do better with meat, women rock with sweet stuff

Smaug
01-16-2013, 03:13 PM

Second that.

Graus
01-16-2013, 03:25 PM
totally agree with you, at least here now in young people men we cook better that women, specially because women don't cook, they hate it totally

They hate it because, they cant do it anymore. Women my age cant cook because their moms cant cook either. And those moms cant cook because they didnt bother to learn it properly, since it was considered "oppression".

Permafrost
01-16-2013, 03:51 PM
They hate it because, they cant do it anymore. Women my age cant cook because their moms cant cook either. And those moms cant cook because they didnt bother to learn it properly, since it was considered "oppression".

Heh, I know a couple from Köln where man and woman cook separately, furthermore he is forced to do the laundry and ironing :D Seems like a tough time to be living in Germany (Well in other parts of Europe it may even worse for all I know). Although I think the situation in rural areas is probably a bit better.

I think you pretty much nailed it when you said that gender-equality is at the core of the "problem", I mean we have women pursuing their job careers equally hard as men, it would be kinda unrealistic to expect of them to retain their cooking skillz.

Absinthe
01-16-2013, 07:30 PM
What are you people talking about? :twitch: Which time warp you live in?
It is especially newer generations of women that can cook.

For example, my mother didn't cook. She was a horrible cook. I grew up with tv-dinners and take aways. I decided I will be a good cook myself because I needed to be healthy. I not only learned how to cook but I really enjoy cooking and experimenting and trying new things, etc.

Now my lady friends are also crazed about cooking. They watch all these cooking shows like Jamie Oliver and Gordon Ramsey plus countless cooking shows on Greek TV and they're always excited and talk about it. Exchange recipes, organize dinner parties to show off their skills, and all.

I am telling you, most women nowadays love to cook, at least in my neck of the woods. It's very trendy too. Cooking is the new black.

Queen B
01-16-2013, 07:33 PM
I am telling you, most women nowadays love to cook, at least in my neck of the woods. It's very trendy too. Cooking is the new black.
Well, personally, I don't know any Greek woman (adter the age of University) that doesn't know how to cook.

kabeiros
01-16-2013, 07:34 PM
My mother makes the best food and my grandma makes the best pies...

Absinthe
01-16-2013, 07:35 PM
Well, personally, I don't know any Greek woman (adter the age of University) that doesn't know how to cook.
Me neither, to be honest. All of my lady friends know how to at least cook decently.

Queen B
01-16-2013, 07:35 PM
My mother makes the best food and my grandma makes the best pies...

No. MY mother makes the best food and MY grandmother (father's side) makes the best spanakopita ever. :mad:

Slycooper
01-16-2013, 07:36 PM
Whenever you got a hotel or a high class restaurant the chef is always a man.

Graus
01-16-2013, 07:42 PM
Easy ladies, I wasnt talking about your neck of woods. I am actually shocked to learn your mom couldnt cook. I always thought it would run in the southern blood.

Bridie
01-16-2013, 07:43 PM
Men do better with meat, women rock with sweet stuff

This is the way it is in my household. :) (When my husband manages not to burn everything, that is. ;) )

Absinthe
01-16-2013, 07:47 PM
Easy ladies, I wasnt talking about your neck of woods. I am actually shocked to learn your mom couldnt cook. I always thought it would run in the southern blood.
She's American.

Graus
01-16-2013, 07:49 PM
She's American.

Thanks, the world makes sense again!

AlexandraD
01-16-2013, 07:52 PM
Heh, I know a couple from Köln where man and woman cook separately, furthermore he is forced to do the laundry and ironing :D Seems like a tough time to be living in Germany (Well in other parts of Europe it may even worse for all I know). Although I think the situation in rural areas is probably a bit better.

I think you pretty much nailed it when you said that gender-equality is at the core of the "problem", I mean we have women pursuing their job careers equally hard as men, it would be kinda unrealistic to expect of them to retain their cooking skillz.

feminism today is mainly composed of the popular liberal feminism (everything you do, no matter what, is good for feminism . feminism is about choice) and the unpopular radical feminism (penis in vagina sex is oppression, rape culture exists everywhere, cooking cleaning anything 'traditionally' considered 'feminism' is actually oppression, men cannot be oppressed in any way possible, etc).

i don't think it's gender equality that is the problem that people consider women cannot cook. i think thats a huge simplification as well as a kind of, uh.... 'in my experience' type of argument. if you went to alberta and asked them what they thought of ontarioans, they'd all be saying "rude, busy, snotty", etc. which isn't necessarily true.

i think its more that feminism these days is a bit misguided. everyone is branching out into their own agenda, there is no cohesiveness. i think feminism should acknowledge biological realities (because there are differences in the sexes) but its tricky because 'biological realities' was used in the past to say women can't do this or that. true equality, which feminism should focus on (or egalitarianism) would mean the best people get hired for the job, and if a women is as qualified as a man, they get paid the same. and there shouldn't be a negative stigma against cooking or cleaning or any of that type of stuff - which some branches of feminism have totally rallied against.

what kind of feminism fights against other women who want to be a mother or cook? its a different story if this is a no choice world - where she is relegated to the kitchen, but it's not. if people have a choice and they CHOOSE to do something, well...

i don't even think most women can't cook? personally, i lived with 5 roomies last year and we ALL could cook. (arguably i was the best but that is a different story ;p )

Riki
01-16-2013, 07:53 PM
The best Chefs in Portugal are usually Men.
But generally at Home I would say Women.
Probably the same can be said for the rest of the Continent.

Incal
01-17-2013, 04:24 AM
Probably the same can be said for the rest of the Continent.

Of the world.

Lathander
01-17-2013, 06:02 PM
My father is an executive chef and he is great at cooking.So I say men.

Midori
01-17-2013, 06:13 PM
I can't cook to save my life. Was never interested in that stuff either.

Slycooper
01-17-2013, 06:14 PM
I can cook eggs:D

SilverKnight
01-17-2013, 06:16 PM
Depends, for instance my fiancee cooks somethings better then I do :b

Absinthe
01-17-2013, 07:25 PM
I can't cook to save my life. Was never interested in that stuff either.
You really don't know what you're missing...the tastes, the smells... the joy of creating and enjoying a delicious meal that you've put your heart in it... it's really a great experience :thumbs

I must say I enjoy the cooking process more than eating itself. I am mesmerized by the smells of freshly chopped ingredients, shimmering olive oil in the pan, fresh dill or parsley, coriander, pepper... :)

Mraz
01-17-2013, 07:31 PM
Women. I can cook, but it's like you gonna eat rice chicken everyday :laugh:

bella1407
01-18-2013, 07:42 PM
Men- 100%.

Mistel
01-20-2013, 11:49 PM
Most of the top chefs are men :)

RussiaPrussia
01-29-2013, 02:57 PM
men are better everyone knows that. Even my mom sucks at it. Were just lazy.

Austo
01-29-2013, 03:02 PM
I like food from women much more :)

Jackson
01-29-2013, 03:04 PM
My Dad is the best cook in my house. His mother is a good cook, her mother was a good cook, and my father's father's mother was a good cook. So i think he just learned it from them.

bishoop
02-14-2013, 10:14 AM
Everyone has his/her own perception regarding this topic and debate.Chefs are supposed to make good dishes, but they have to coordinate other cooks as well, so it's required for a chef to be tough, decisive, etc. that's why men are more often chefs.

Sarmatian
02-14-2013, 10:37 AM

not by fancy chefs

Professional chefs are good ofcourse but mother's soup has a mystical power for body and soul ..

You wouldn't believe what mystical powers the triple fish soup prepared by my father has ;)

And you are wrong about traditional recipes. Many if not most are originated from times when most of food was gained by hunters and cooked while traveling.

Tyfani
02-14-2013, 04:08 PM
althought most chefs are men... I can't eat their food... I like the well-made, tasty food of my mom :p

Issy
02-14-2013, 05:37 PM
I think it depends on talent/practice and not on sex of the individual. If you enjoy cooking and do it often enough there is no reason to not be a great cook.

Xime
02-14-2013, 05:43 PM
Now in Spain men cook on weekends

Linet
02-14-2013, 05:46 PM
Women :stricken:....definately cook better:food-smiley-002:

papa diddy pop
02-14-2013, 05:50 PM
Men have better potential

Stefan
02-14-2013, 06:20 PM
Fewer men cook well, but when they do, they cook well. Meanwhile I think most women can cook a decent meal. Of course, these are generalizations I made from experiential data.

Azalea
02-14-2013, 06:58 PM
Women ofcourse.

I challenge the man who disagrees. :cool:

Farah
02-14-2013, 07:14 PM
Women put more soul into their food, while men can be more innovative/creative about their food in a scientific approach, imho..I love watching shows like Chopped and Iron Chef, so I did notice that male chefs seem to dominate in what is a traditionally feminine field. I read up more on this and apparently just because there are more male cooks renowned and dominant doesn't mean they are really better than female chefs. The kitchen environment in restaurants generally tend to be very male-oriented or structured in a way that's hierarchical and manly, highly pressuring and physically demanding, so that kind of discourages women from becoming professional chefs. so maybe that's why women don't do well as chefs in the public domain. but privately, in homes, I think women are the naturally better and more authentic cooks.

rhiannon
02-14-2013, 07:49 PM
Probably men as a rule. However, whatever you do, don't trust a skinny chef lol

Jackson
02-15-2013, 11:06 PM
Trolls can cook both men and women. Even at the same time if they are unlucky enough to be caught in groups of more than two people at a time.

dado
02-15-2013, 11:11 PM
most younger girls dont even know how to cook...on the other hand,i know too cook almost anything...so if i'm going to judge based on me and the girls i know....men r better and more willing to make a good meal....

Banjo
05-21-2013, 10:06 AM
What do you guys think?

I think men are more technically interested in food and therefore also do experiment more and because of this, they do become good chefs. When they have an interest. Otherwise many men seem to fail at cooking. This is probably why in most (?) western cultures, the man handles the grill, as it involves some technical/different elements from everyday cooking (at least in my culture). Women tend to do food more by love and by practical needs (feeding people) and are therefore better skilled for cooking on average.

BLUEU
05-21-2013, 03:24 PM
Women of course.

Pepe Gonzalez
05-21-2013, 05:07 PM
Men are better for men, women for women. Men cook heartier according to men´s taste, women rather sweet/light according to women´s taste.

Gauthier
05-21-2013, 05:13 PM
What kind of question is this? Women by default are better cooks. :thumb001:

Jackson
05-21-2013, 06:38 PM
My Dad is an amazing cook, and probably the least feminine person i know. So i say it depends on who enjoys cooking, and who spends the most time doing it.

Deia
05-23-2013, 10:57 AM
cooking is women's department. It seems that men can better cooking then women. You can also see t.v channels. There are more men sh-ff then women sh-ff almost every cooking channel.

Loki
05-23-2013, 10:59 AM
What kind of question is this? Women by default are better cooks. :thumb001:

Not in Sweden I reckon.

rhiannon
05-23-2013, 11:16 AM

http://www.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/20080708/300.ramsay.hellskitchen.070808.jpg

http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/5-celebrity-chefs-3.jpg

http://www.toledoblade.com/image/2011/03/21/800x_b1_cCM_z_cT/Guy-Fieri.jpg

Men are paid the big bucks for cooking more than women are. Many fantastic female cooks probably just go unnoticed. Women tend not to seek notoriety as much on their cooking abilities.

That said, my father and mother both were good cooks....but my father was better.

rhiannon
05-23-2013, 11:17 AM
My Dad is an amazing cook, and probably the least feminine person i know. So i say it depends on who enjoys cooking, and who spends the most time doing it.My dad was just like your dad. He spent a lot of time cooking because he loved it. He was also really, really gifted.

Lux Aeterna
05-23-2013, 11:29 AM
Not in Sweden I reckon.

Lol you've really become anti Sweden and Swedish women in particular :lol:

On topic, I'm not an experienced cook, but it's the effort that counts, right? :D Although I'm awesome with baking/desserts :thumb001:

Both my mom and sister are good cooks, my stepdad is decent... sometimes.

Other than that I agree with what rhiannon said

Men are paid the big bucks for cooking more than women are. Many fantastic female cooks probably just go unnoticed. Women tend not to seek notoriety as much on their cooking abilities.

Loki
05-23-2013, 11:31 AM
Lol you've really become anti Sweden and Swedish women in particular :lol:

Well it's good to hear that you can cook at least :)

ABest
05-23-2013, 11:42 AM
I agree with many of the posts here.

Most recipes are created and mastered (at home) by women, who give food that unique "familiar" flavor that is special in everyone's family. No man can compete with a woman in terms of that imo.

Being a chef is different, as it is a competitive profession and men, being more competitive and self-centered, master that profession more commonly than women.

Jackson
05-23-2013, 11:50 AM
I agree with many of the posts here.

Most recipes are created and mastered (at home) by women, who give food that unique "familiar" flavor that is special in everyone's family. No man can compete with a woman in terms of that imo.

Being a chef is different, as it is a competitive profession and men, being more competitive and self-centered, master that profession more commonly than women.

Well i guess my Dad is a woman then.

MissProvocateur
05-23-2013, 11:54 AM
Well, one of my uncles is a chef, but nonetheless, I think that in general, women cook better.

I can't cook though, perhaps I should learn...

Minesweeper
05-23-2013, 11:59 AM
Well, one of my uncles is a chef, but nonetheless, I think that in general, women cook better.

Learn, you won't be having problems when it comes to marriage. xD

ABest
05-23-2013, 12:03 PM
Well i guess my Dad is a woman then.

Hahaha. :p

Well, of course there are some exceptions to the rule. ;) :p

Loki
05-23-2013, 12:05 PM

cookuangeli :)

MissProvocateur
05-23-2013, 12:07 PM
Learn, you won't be having problems when it comes to marriage. xD

Psh, I'll get maids. Plus, my boyfriend knows how to cook and clean anyway. xD

Loki
05-23-2013, 12:08 PM
Plus, my boyfriend knows how to cook and clean anyway. xD

He must be Swedish :P

gregorius
05-23-2013, 12:08 PM
Best cooks are men but also the worsest one are men. On average women are better cooks

Minesweeper
05-23-2013, 12:14 PM
Psh, I'll get maids. Plus, my boyfriend knows how to cook and clean anyway. xD

Hah, he should have remained silent about those skills in front of you.

Roy
05-23-2013, 12:37 PM
Generally women are better cooks but that's true that the most famous chefs are men.

Hurrem sultana
05-23-2013, 12:38 PM
Women ,but men that are very into it tend to be better than most women

MissProvocateur
05-23-2013, 08:21 PM
He must be Swedish :P

He's my favorite svenne!

spanish catalan
09-14-2015, 11:48 PM
women

Iloko
09-15-2015, 12:52 PM
My dad was a lot better cook than my mom. He had creative streaks where he would concoct some weird ass shit.

Men probably have more intrinsic potential for cooking though, while on average more women appreciate the art of cuisine.

Ylla
09-15-2015, 12:55 PM
Both my parents are excellent cooks (I also inherited this ;) )
I agree that it's an individual thing.

Grab the Gauge
09-15-2015, 01:08 PM
Issei Sagawa was better at cooking women. Jeffrey Dahmer was better at cooking men.

Ibericus
09-15-2015, 01:12 PM
Nowadays, men are better.

i'llseeyouinhell
09-15-2015, 01:32 PM

not by fancy chefs

This

Rugevit
09-15-2015, 01:57 PM
Men are good at many things including cooking. They are often shy to acknowledge it. ;)

Carlito's Way
09-25-2016, 06:54 AM
men are way better cooks, who are the best chefs in the world? MEN

Selurong
09-25-2016, 07:02 AM
My mom is the best cook in the world.

jingorex
09-25-2016, 07:04 AM
What do you guys think?

men are better at cooking. its a fact. if someone says otherwise they are either a woman, or a cuck.

end of story.

Ziveth
06-29-2017, 05:42 PM
Men. Best chef are men :)

Era
06-29-2017, 05:53 PM
Italians. I'm having the best Parmigiano Reggiano ever right now.

Hadouken
06-29-2017, 06:09 PM
shemales