PDA

View Full Version : Please discuss

Insuperable
01-18-2013, 10:48 PM
Some European countries are visibly superior to some other European countries. By superior I mean better infrastructure, country organization, richer, scientists, military, number of factories, brands...

Do you think are they more successful because of inherited (natural, genetic...) superiority or because of their "enlightment"?

Do you think that what some perceive as "enlightment" is only the byproduct of the inherited superiority?

or

Do you think that a man can be "enlightened" and achieve superiority over those whom "nature gave" some inherited advantage?

Illancha
01-18-2013, 11:03 PM
Well first of all I would like to say once again that one can only ever be superiour by their own standards.

The thing is progress and development is an iterative process. Some nation/region/people might reach a very high level of 'enlightenment' at some stage, but collapse is inevitable as history shows. All the great civilisations of the past are but rubble and ruins now. However, their advancement or what you call 'enlightentment' is picked up and continued and improved upon by a different group and they in turn reach a higher level.

What I'm trying to say is that all progress and development in this world is not done by one people, it is the result of thousands of years of iteration by thousands of different groups of people. It might be their turn to shine now, but will this always be the case?

So to conclude yes another people's turn will inevitably come.

alb0zfinest
01-18-2013, 11:04 PM
This will not end good. No it will not.

Žołnir
01-18-2013, 11:11 PM
I think habits have alot to do with "superiority" in certain countries. This i have from observing various Slovene regions.

Insuperable
01-19-2013, 01:01 PM
bump

Odin
02-19-2018, 02:52 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_NxUFIRm9k