PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts about cultural Islam

Lysander
08-09-2009, 07:54 PM
Firstly, I was not sure where to post, feel free to move the thread to where you feel it belongs admins.

Now to my thoughts, which will no doubt raise one if not two eye brows among many Apricity members. But bear with me on this one.

I was watching this show about Morocco last night, it was a British show and this British (duh) man was travelling in the Sahara. I don't why it caught my attention but it did.
He interviewed a Moroccan shop keeper about tourism, and this Moroccan man said it had both ups and downs. The ups were economical and the downs were cultural. He talked about liberal values sneaking into the country and the youth become increasingly western.
He talked about alcohol, sex-tourism and so on.

Many nationalist are also disgusted by the moral decay of society, I know I am. Now I know moral differs from place to place. For an example, the whole alcohol thing would be a non-issue for me but was a big issue for the Moroccan man. For me the issue lies in within what alcohol does to your common sense if you don't know when to stop. Anyway lets not get into that.

What I am getting at is that Muslims are usually conservative, I'm not talking about Taliban conservatives, just to make sure :). They share my disgust for the modern life and I'm pretty sure I would get better along with the Moroccan man than your average metrosexual European man.
On top of that Muslims often have a very strong family and kinship culture, something which I value high.

Muslims have also completely been spared from the Jewish media and wouldn't bow for them as the white man does today. My viewpoint on the Israel-Palestine conflict has always been just to let them kill each other I don't care about either one of them. But yes I must say Israeli actions do occasionally piss me off when they do something nuts and then defend it with "we are the only democracy blah blah blah". At least HAMAS is honest about not giving a rat's ass about what the west thinks of how they wage war.
In any case I think the whole conflict is more nationalistic than religious.

Now before anyone gets pissed, yes I there is a lot with Islam that I don't like at all. It is a medieval religion which ironically is the root of its ups and downs. The good I have already gone through, the bad... Well I don't need to go there we all know very well what that is.
These aren't exactly new thoughts either, Julius Evola perhaps the greatest modern philosopher also had much good to say about the conservative atmosphere in Muslim nations.

With that said I still do not think Islam belongs in Europe, not in immigrant communities nor as in Bosnia or Albania.
I'm not much for the whole your enemy's enemy is your friend idea, the Muslims may share my hate for liberalism but they do not share my views on ethnic preservation. More so they have always been an enemy of my race, they can never become friends but they can become accepted. What I mean by that is that a Muslim in Egypt doesn't really bother me at all. He is not my friend, nor my enemy. He just is.

I just tried to reflect freely on the subject without American (read Jewish) media throwing 9/11 and other crazy stuff into the discussion making it impossible to actually reflect about anything.

Anyway that's my two cents.

Nodens
08-09-2009, 11:53 PM
In any case I think the whole conflict is more nationalistic than religious.

True for most conflicts in which Islam appears to be involved.

The problem is the exceptions. While it is unlikely to gain more than a fringe following in the near future, Radical Islam is an inevitable result of the Koranic foundations of Islam. Fundamentalism may almost always be regarded as a more 'correct' form of a given belief system since it requires a return to the source of said beliefs. A similar problem occurs in Christianity, where the canonical Gospels outline a system of voluntary poverty, rejection of any other identity and a duty to 'make disciples of all nations'. In either case, while these aspects of either system are typically downplayed or outright ignored, they remain present and (since many take their beliefs seriously) it is inevitable that some members will get the itch to look deeper, discover these elements and begin taking them seriously.