PDA

View Full Version : Turkish woman taking care of young man steals Russian hearts

MfA_
01-24-2013, 05:14 PM
http://cdncms.todayszaman.com/todayszaman/2013/01/24/russian.jpg

A popular television talk-show broadcast on Russia's Channel One aired an episode featuring an Antalya woman who brought a disabled young man -- who doctors said was unlikely to survive a car accident he was involved four years ago -- to her home, and began taking care of him like one of her own.

Gülsüm Kabadayı, an Antalya resident, was featured in the popular talk show “Pust Govoryat” (Let Them Talk) aired on Tuesday evening. She and her family agreed to take care of a young man, whom they named Umut -- Turkish for hope -- who was found after an accident in Antalya. Kabadayı, who was visiting another relative in the hospital at the Akdeniz University (AÜ) intensive care unit, saw the young man's condition and decided to bring him into her home.

“I am a mother. He looked into my eyes, and said 'Help me mother',” she said in the clip aired on “Pust Govoryat,” which presented the story as one of “true faith, real motherly love and hope.” The studio audiences are seen in a standing ovation at the end of the one-hour episode. Kabadayı, who suspected that the young man -- unable to talk or move -- may be Russian, and found a native speaker to confirm her suspicions. Sure enough, tears came from the eyes of the young man when he heard Russian, confirming the family's guess.

The family also seems to be financially struggling, although authorities have helped Umut and given a hospital bed for the family to keep at their home. The program showed a day in the life of Umut, which is structured into an unforgiving regimen. The young man needs to be massaged, cleaned and fed regularly on a very strict schedule. Kabadayı has also been taught how to give medical massages to help blood flow, and spends a good deal of time preparing the right meals to meet Umut's nutritional needs.

The program also included interviews with the young man's doctors, who acknowledged that the man has recently been gaining some movement back, which they said would have been impossible without the extra care given by Kabadayı, whose children are also very supportive. Umut also visits a rehabilitation clinic. His Turkish family firmly believes that he will recovery fully one day. As of recently, Umut has been able to sit up on his own, which doctors say is a remarkable development.

Kabadayı said Umut's doctors have been extremely helpful. “I learned everything from them.” She said she couldn't have done it without the help of their doctors, the Turkish state and God.

Kabadayı has been searching for the family of Umut -- or Mustafa Öz, the name on the ID issued for him by Turkish authorities after no relative claimed him in 2008 -- since the day of the accident. The airing of the episode of Pust Govoryat and details it released in Umut's native Russia has given new hope that the young man's real family, friends or somebody who knows him might come out.

KTyxFjQMtP8

MfA_
01-31-2013, 10:47 AM
A Russian family has claimed that a disabled young man who has been under the care of a Turkish woman after barely surviving a car accident in Turkey is their son.

After Kabadayı was featured in the popular Russian talk show “Pust Govoryat” (Let Them Talk) last week, a Russian family in the city of Tomsk in Siberia claimed that Umut's real name is Pavel Kuklin and he is 28 years old.

However, the Tomsk police were not convinced by the Kuklin family's claim, as their son has been missing since 2004 and Umut had the accident only in 2008.

Self-proclaimed mother Tatyana Kuklin is currently in Moscow to head to Turkey to see Umut. However, family friends of the woman told press that even if Umut is the Kuklin family's missing son, she would not be able to look after the disabled young man, as her husband is a heavy drinker and their financial condition is very bad.

http://www.todayszaman.com/news-305657-russian-family-claims-umut-is-their-son.html

Hurrem sultana
01-31-2013, 10:50 AM
they do look similar

legolasbozo
01-31-2013, 12:58 PM
turkish woman gave "umut" name that disabled guy. And umut mean is "hope." this give a reason for regain my faith to humanity. Even parents not care with their kids, this woman take care with this unkown guyfor5 years. amazing story.

Hoca
01-31-2013, 01:07 PM
Lesson to humanity

denz
01-31-2013, 02:18 PM
I've watched the program too, but still more family claim umut is their son. Up to now 5th familyhave the same (hope) umut...