PDA

View Full Version : beautifulpeople.com site a ridiculous concept?

genetics345
01-25-2013, 04:32 PM
ok so ,i got accepted on the beautiful people.com site.before anyone thinks im an idiot who puts herself on places like that me and my friend put our pics up just for fun.more out of curiousty to see what the place was like.i cant help but think that the people on there are probably the most shallow people on earth.but my question is is it a good idea to have sites that allow only what they deem goodlooking to interact with others that are deemed by their standard as beautiful?

Hurrem sultana
01-25-2013, 04:36 PM
To me its okay,i can imagine that people on dating sites are mostly below average,so a site for beautiful sexy people can be nice :D

i am not there,but i did post pictures to be rated.once accepted i deleted

Corvus
01-25-2013, 04:39 PM
These sites are propably ethically as questionable as Anthro sites.
But the Internet is an open source. No one is forced to visit such sites if they are not in line with individual ethical standards

Jackson
01-25-2013, 04:41 PM
Not really. Whether people try to join or not is up to them i suppose, and they own the house they make the rules, unless they break international law or something.

Congratulations on getting accepted.

Žołnir
01-25-2013, 04:44 PM
I dont understand.... :D

Aredhel
01-25-2013, 04:56 PM
I don't like this kind of sites, it's like high school when the popular and beautiful excluded the others :D but if you want to go their parties it's up to you :thumb001:

Sabinae
01-25-2013, 04:59 PM
I think Ive heard of this site before... is it a dating site? or simply a rating site?

exceeder
01-25-2013, 05:01 PM
I don't like this kind of sites, it's like high school when the popular and beautiful excluded the others :D but if you want to go their parties it's up to you :thumb001:

My thoughts more or less.

I figure if one needs to be on a site that has a demand for how 'hot' you should look in order to be accepted then there must be some pretty insecure folks on that place. But hey, to each his own - just not my thing.

I am surprised that website still runs... I remember there was some news coverage on it back in 2008. I figured the mini-hype/scandal around that site would have died down along with it.

Hurrem sultana
01-25-2013, 05:12 PM
I figure if one needs to be on a site that has a demand for how 'hot' you should look in order to be accepted then there must be some pretty insecure folks on that place.

No people want to look for other as good looking people,it has nothing to do with that.Then all the good looking girls that diss the bad looking guys are insecure and vice versa?

Just90
01-25-2013, 05:15 PM
I got accepted into that website too lol it's funny

Like while you wait for approvable by idk who
Random ppl or random hotties vote on your pic lol

MissProvocateur
01-25-2013, 05:18 PM
I got into the site as well, and let me tell you one thing. I thought the same way, I thought everyone in that site was a shallow idiot, but I was wrong. Most people I talked to in there are quite friendly, and yes, most of the ones I encountered are actually very polite and intelligent. But that's just my experience. I was on the top ranking in my country until I got bored and stopped logging in, lol. Though you do find the occasional shallow, sexually desperate idiot, most people I talked to in there are decent.

I got in because I was an insecure little bitch, and wanted to see if people considered me good-looking, and I was also curious to see if people there were good-looking, not because I consider myself especially attractive. And to be honest, most people in that site enter for the same reasons, you'd be surprised.

My point is: Most people there think the same way you do, though there are a few idiots, but you can avoid those.

derLowe
01-25-2013, 05:21 PM
That place is awesome, you can browse and meet people from all over the world.

exceeder
01-25-2013, 05:21 PM
No people want to look for other as good looking people,it has nothing to do with that.Then all the good looking girls that diss the bad looking guys are insecure and vice versa?

Nothing wrong with being attracted to 'good looking people.
' (though I use those words loosely because I do think beauty is in the eye of the beholder - as corny as that sounds).

Its just if you need to go on a dating site with people who rate each other and have to look a very certain way to be accepted/acceptable - then yes, it does scream insecurity because it is implying that one is going on this kind of site to seek a form of acceptance or social validation.

Dont get me wrong, we all have insecurities (even yours truly, me :P ). I just wouldnt exactly have the best opinion of someone who goes on a website where people judge exclusively on looks to find friends or partners or whatever it is they are looking for. It does seem very high school. But hey, thats just my opinion. Its whatever floats your boat.

As a buisines model, the site is a pretty good idea - just not something I would want to be a part of, thats all.

Sabinae
01-25-2013, 05:24 PM
This sounds like fun! I'm giving it a try!

Armand_Duval
01-25-2013, 05:29 PM
I think that kind of sites are full of immature and insecure teenagers or weirdos in different extents, also those sites are a place for gay cruising.

Sabinae
01-25-2013, 05:49 PM
Alrighty....48 hours of being rated.... o.O