PDA

View Full Version : Croatia to issue visa to Turkey due to EU regulations

Onur
01-26-2013, 01:32 AM
As you know Croatia will be EU member by June this year and according to the EU regulations, they were obliged to confirm visa regulations of the EU and they will demand visa from Turkish people for the first time since their independence in 90s.

Croatia to issue visa to Turkey
Croatia decided to issue visa for Turkish citizens to adjust their system to the EU's

In the framework of adaptation to the EU's visa system, government of Croatia decided to issue visa for Turkish citizens who wish to travel to Croatia as of April 1, 2013.

According to information from Croatian Prime Ministry, the decision was taken on Thursday in the cabinet meeting.

Officials from Croatian Foreign Ministry informed AA about the visa relations between Turkey and Croatia and said Croatia would start issuing visas from April 1, 2013 latest. Croatia's EU membership will become active on July 1, 2013.

The new visa regulations were covered in the Croatian press widely. It was stressed that issuing visas to Turkish citizens would affect the Croatian economy negatively.

Travel agencies reacted to the decision and highlighted that during the past festive holiday, 2,400 Turkish citizens visited historic Dubrovnik city.
Turkey's Ambassador in Zagreb Burak Ozugergin told AA that Croatia had to revise the details of their decision.

http://www.aa.com.tr/en/news/125907--croatia-to-issue-visa-to-turkey

It`s unfortunate because i have been to Dubrovnik about 2 years ago and it is a nice place, Croatians are good people too. If they don't give visa to Turkish citizens during the passport check in the airports [probably they wont/cant], then i wont go to Croatia again. I am sure many Turkish citizens will think the same.

Unfortunately Croatians are destined to stingy German tourists anymore. I am sure people who works in tourism sector will miss the Turkish tourists in there.