PDA

View Full Version : Some Plates

Vulpix
12-07-2008, 07:27 PM
First plate:

From left to right:
Nordid, Dalonordid (Dalofaelid), Osteuropid, Alpine, Lappid, Dinarid.

Absinthe
12-07-2008, 08:02 PM
The term Osteuropid is still somewhat vague to me... Is it the same as east-nordid? :)

Vulpix
12-07-2008, 08:26 PM
Osteuropid = West Baltid, it's a wide term :)

This is a post by Agrippa on Stirpes:

Variation inside the Osteuropid type and its description
(http://forum.stirpes.net/baltid/2341-variation-inside-osteuropid-type.html#post26265)

1. Furthermore Osteuropid is a rather wide term and I can quote what German anthropologists say about the variation:
(translation)
"The Wepsen in the Balticum have a low height, have light hair and a concave noses with high roots, whereas the Karelians are dark pigmented. The Finns in the South West of the land have a mesocephalic head and are lighter than Norwegians or and Swedes; the nose root is to 40 percent high, 37 percent of the noses are concave, and on the upper eye lid is in the most cases a small fold. Letts and Ests have few pigment too, but brachycephalic individuals can be seen more often.
The Lithuanians are close to the Letts, but have an even rounder skull and darker pigmentation. All the mentioned tribes and nations experienced the "Baltisation": Even in the Proto-Neolithikum the Balticum was inhabited by narrow faced long skulls, but even in the Neolithicum round skulls showed up which had similarities to Asiatic forms with a flattened facial bone structure. From this time on begins the brachycephalisation in this areas, the Baltisation.
Some people suggest that the neolithic brachycephalic form, the Danic Borreby-typus influenced the Baltic people.
The West Baltic people differ from the Eastern Balts with their higher stature.

The appearance of the Osteuropids in the Russian areas is basically defined by 3 types:
A side form of the North Western Osteuropids is the Waldai-type. He can be distinguished as a moderately brachycephalic type from the mesocephalic Riasaner type. Both types, which are named as the "Eastern European type" by Bunak, have a weaker face profile in the direction of the Mongolids with a deeper nose root.
Whereas in White Russia lives a higher statured, taller human type with a smaller head length and higher head breadth, with a low, broad face and less light eyes and hair.

Everything is from Georg Glowatzki, Die Rassen der Menschheit - Entstehung und Ausbreitung

2. G. Friese about the eastbaltic race in a study 1936 (ostbaltische, hell-ostische Rasse) = translated:

This race is strongest in the North East of Europe, in Russia. But you can find this race as well from Poland to the Eastern regions of Germany, from the Carpathians to lower Austria, from there to Slovenia, the Serbs and the Albanians.
Body height and build are essentially the same as that of the Alpine (ostisch) race. The ostbaltic human is of stout build, stumpy and short legged.
The head is in relation to the lengths very broad, so you can speak about roundheadedness (brachycephaly).
The face is coarse. The nose is often upwards tilted.
The distance between the eyes is big.

3) Next is from Vogel, Christian: Menschliche Stammesgeschichte - Populationsdifferenzierung. Biologie in Stichworten, V Humanbiologie. Kiel 1974, S. 136.
Osteuropaeischer oder "slawischer" Typus (Osteuropide) = translated.

Stature: middle height, of stout build, relative short legs.
Head and face: in relation to the Nordid type head shorter (brachycephal), broader and somewhat more angular, broadboned face, zygomas protrusive, very protrusive on the sides, shallow root of the nose, not so strong more concave nose with broad and round tip, swelling nostrils.
Chin low and not very prominent, broad mouth, often wide eye distance with a little bit oblique lids.
Hairs: Thin, predominant brown, in the North ashblond.
Skin: fair, light pigmented.
Eyes: brown, in the North light grey too.

Diffusion same as G. Friese said.

Ĉmeric
12-07-2008, 10:59 PM
I thought Osteuropid = Baltid, both West Baltid & East Baltid. It isn't clear to me from the above article that Osteuropid just means West Baltid.

Vulpix
12-08-2008, 11:49 AM
Keep in mind Ost in German means East :)

I thought Osteuropid = Baltid, both West Baltid & East Baltid. It isn't clear to me from the above article that Osteuropid just means West Baltid.

Ĉmeric
12-08-2008, 04:04 PM
Keep in mind Ost in German means East :)

Osteuropid = West Baltid, it's a wide term :)
:)

Osteuropid basically means East European. When Agrippa classified me, and my grandmother who I inherited my looks from, I had the impression he used Osteuropid in reference to what others call East Baltid or that Osteuropid = Baltid, both East & West. If Osteuropid only means West Baltid or East Baltid, then what is the other called? And does Osteuropid also include what some people refer to as Neo-Danubian?

Psychonaut
01-07-2009, 10:57 PM
Some more plates:

Loki
01-31-2009, 04:43 PM
Yet some more plates ...

The Saami look dodgy. :eek:

Heimmacht
02-01-2009, 09:57 AM
Yet some more plates ...

The Saami look dodgy. :eek:

Their crossbreeds even more..