PDA

View Full Version : The most and least friendly countries in Europe?

liamliam
01-28-2013, 11:39 PM
Which European country do you find the friendliest that you have been to? And which was the least? Please state your reasons for your opinion.

Sikeliot
01-28-2013, 11:40 PM
I have not been to Europe but from what people I know who have been there have said:

Most: Italy, Portugal, Spain, Greece, Ireland, and the UK.

Least: Ukraine, Russia, Poland, Lithuania, Albania, and Bulgaria.

Slycooper
01-28-2013, 11:44 PM
I heard the French are not very friendly.

Sikeliot
01-28-2013, 11:45 PM
Least friendly to foreigners I'd assume to be Russia, at least going by what I have been told.

Partizan
01-30-2013, 11:24 AM
Most : Greece(yeah, they knew we were Turks), Hungary, Czech Republic, BiH, England, Germany(Germans online=/=Germans IRL)

Least : Croatia, Austria, Russia

(Those are countries I've visited)

Scholarios
01-30-2013, 11:28 AM
Most: Italy, Greece, Turkey, Ireland, UK

Least: Russia, Poland, France, Switzerland

Graham
01-30-2013, 11:31 AM
I heard the French are not very friendly.

From what I've heard, It's mainly because of the Parisians, the usual city mentality.

Take the time to learn French, they're nice. That's what I've been told.

Žołnir
01-30-2013, 11:34 AM
I don't know actually. Irish seem to be pretty friendly from experience i guess.

Archduke
01-30-2013, 11:35 AM
Most: Greece, Turkey, Macedonia, BiH, Italy

Least: Romania, Croatia, Russia, whole Western Europe

I can't decide where should i put Serbia since i had both good and bad experience with people.

Madonna
01-30-2013, 11:40 AM
We Poles we are very friendly here come on !! :)

Partizan
01-30-2013, 11:41 AM

Poland is one of countries I want to apply for Erasmus :) Poles I know are cool people, I'd like to spend time there.

Scholarios
01-30-2013, 11:55 AM
Poles are my good friends and friendly enough. But I can never forget their stories about beating up and robbing tourists ha.

Jackson
01-30-2013, 12:06 PM
From places i've been to:

Most Friendly: Irish, Scottish, northern English(once you get to know them a bit), north Wales.

Least Friendly: South Wales, Southern England, Londoners (in fact most city people to be honest).

From people i've met...Australians, Canadians, Dutch, Germans, Belgians were all very friendly, French and Spanish also but the language barrier made it more difficult for them.

I remember on one holiday in Ireland we stayed in a part-converted farm-stable shebang, and the guy in charge was German. We'd have a fried breakfast every morning - Once he got used to us after a day or two he would always enter and say: "So, you voud like zee fryyy?!" Was brilliant lol.

And then we always had a very hospitable B&B owner in Ireland whos B&B we would always stay at the evening after crossing the Irish Sea, always got on well with them.

Scholarios
01-30-2013, 12:20 PM
Worldwide:
Best:

Canadiens, Americans(yes, it's true),
Thai, Vietnamese,
Iranians( might be kindest in the world )

Mexicans outside of U.S. Colombians.

Edit: South Africans. Never met one I didn't like.

Worst: Chinese, Koreans, Etc.

Permafrost
01-30-2013, 12:25 PM
Most friendly - Austrians, Germans, Czechs, French, Irish and Scandos (Their cold demeanor suits me just fine)

Least friendly - Romanians, Balts, Slovaks, Russians. I would include the Anglos, however I only had major experience with Londoners (I spent the worst week of my life there), so that kinda wouldn't be fair to them, + the Anglos here and the few turists I met are pretty much alright in my book.

Twistedmind
01-30-2013, 12:30 PM

I met some Polish students in Belgrade, all of them were friendly. Same could be said for Poles on this board. :)

Kazimiera
03-27-2013, 09:38 PM
---> moved to European Culture

Anglojew
03-27-2013, 09:40 PM
Most; Czech

Least; Spain

Anatolian Eagle
03-27-2013, 09:46 PM
Poland is one of countries I want to apply for Erasmus :) Poles I know are cool people, I'd like to spend time there.

Same :)