PDA

View Full Version : Hallo !

Vrijbuiter
08-11-2009, 12:08 PM
Tell us what interests you have, how you found the Apricity and whatever else you feel like telling

Okay !
Well to begin with, call me Zuid-Vlaming, a pseudonym that is quite self-explanatory : I hail from Zuid-Vlaanderen, which means Southern Flanders and is the irrendentist appellation of the so-called "french" Flanders, currently the northernmost region of France.
I'm one of the last local Whole-Netherlandist Mohicans who, after more than two centuries of french occupation, still don't feel French and rather embrace our flemish/netherlandish ethno-civilizational heritage. Dietsland tot aan de Zomme ! Well, one has the right to dream... :)

Anyway, my views are part of a völkisch weltanschauung, the way of the "longest memory". I think everyone should relate to his folk, to his people in the "blood and soil", ethnical meaning of the term. Not the french metaphysical "citoyen" without any enrooted culture, and certainly not the nomadic esperanto-speaking "global villager" indifferent to his identity.

Besides my concern for the germanic in general, netherlandish in particular, heritage of these formerly integrant parts of the Netherlands that are Southern Flanders, Artois (Artesië) and the Boulonnais (het Boonse), I'm Europeist, as in Europe of the Peoples, not as in European Union. I dream of a European Empire, free of any alien influence (and above all presence!) which would preserve the ethnic diversity of all the European peoples. I am wary of Nation-States and stato-nationalisms who throughout our history, have led Europeans to kill themselves ; and as for the artificial Nation-States like France, or Belgium, or GB in Ireland and Scotland, have negated the cultures of peoples living within their borders and tried to deculturate them.

The Germanic civilization has my favour as I relate myself to Gemanic meta-ethnicity, but I'm also very fond of Celtic culture, the Celts having taken a notable part in the ethno-genesis on my ancestral lands. I'm nothing of a Germanicist and admire and respect every authentical European culture and people.
I speak french as my mother language, reasonable english, and more and more dutch the more I learn it. That's two years now since I'm taking a weekly course besides my other occupations. Ik zal proberen in de nederlandstalige sectie te schrijven, maar ik ben nog wat een beginner, zeg ! ;-)
Oh yes, I can sing "L'Italiano" by Toto Cutugno, and the chorus of Giovinezza :angel in italian, but that's pretty all I can do in latin languages other than french. I know by heart the chorus of the (current) Russian anthem, of the Breton anthem, of the Irish anthem (in Gaelic) and we're done with my knowledge in languages.

I've been on Skadi for a few years, more a reader than an active contributor. I must say I rather miss the time it was open to every Europeans and had a section for all European meta-ethnicities. There are many decent and interesting contributors, and I still find my enjoyment there, but I don't endorse the nordicist and ultra-germanicist, anti-latin and anti-slavic mumbo-jumbo some others are preaching.

I found Apricity as I was browsing the web in search of toponymical informations over the germanic placenames of my lands. I couldn't believe my eyes when I found this splendid post by Oswiu (who I identified as also member of Skadi) over the Anglo-saxon toponyms in Gaul, that's the stuff I've been looking for so long. As soon as I have a minute for myself, I'll post there to thank him and make some humble additions.

Well... See you soon in the other parts of the forum, fellows ! :)

Loki
08-11-2009, 12:10 PM
Welkom bij de Apricity Zuid-Vlaming! :)

Vulpix
08-11-2009, 12:12 PM
Hello :wavey001:!

Äike
08-11-2009, 12:20 PM
Welcome to The Apricity.

Lady L
08-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Great Intro - Welcome :wave

Aemma
08-11-2009, 03:11 PM
Wow!! What a super introduction Zuid-Vlaming! Very interesting info about your part of France. If you could some day, might I tempt you to post something in the France section about Zuid Vlaming please, pictures and all? I think it would add quite a bit to that lovely section of our forum. :)

Anyway ZV, I'm so very glad that you have found us and recognise some people here already (Oswiu! I might have known! :p). Have fun and enjoy!

Cheers for now...Aemma :)

sturmwalkure
08-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Welcome Zuid-Vlaming. Good to see another Fleming among us. :D

Goidelic
08-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Welcome! :)

Great to see a Flemish member here. :)

The Lawspeaker
08-11-2009, 04:22 PM
Welkom op The Apricity, Zuid Vlaming. :) Zuid Vlaanderen hoort in mijn ogen gewoon bij Vlaanderen- en bij de Verenigde Nederlanden. En Frankrijk hoort het eigenlijk gewoon terug te geven- in ruil daarvoor hoort België opgeheven te worden en Wallonië aan Frankrijk te worden overgedragen LOL.

Frigga
08-11-2009, 04:22 PM
Welcome :)

Tolleson
08-11-2009, 05:03 PM
Welcome to the forum. :wavey001:

Heimmacht
08-11-2009, 05:13 PM
Hallo daar en welkom op Apricity :).