PDA

View Full Version : Most popular and admired nation in European history?

Pages : [1] 2

Wulfhere
01-29-2013, 04:57 PM
This, undoubtedly, has to be the English, who are widely loved across the world for their warm and friendly nature, their peacefulness, their laid back attitudes and above all for their modesty.

Jackson
01-29-2013, 05:01 PM
This will be an interesting thread. :D

I honestly don't know...

American_Hispanist
I say Italy.

pinguino
English? Give me a break. Theirs bloody colonial past and wars make it a very little loved country, actually. Worldwide, the most admired European country by far are the Greeks.

Wulfhere
01-29-2013, 05:04 PM
English? Give me a break. Theirs bloody colonial past and wars make it a very little loved country, actually. Worldwide, the most admired European country by far are the Greeks.

Who are themselves no strangers to colonialism and wars. The only difference being that theirs were longer ago.

Graham
01-29-2013, 05:05 PM
Next question -- European country with most Grandiose delusions?

Jackson
01-29-2013, 05:06 PM
I can't think of anything bad to say about Luxembourg, so i'll go with them.

safinator
01-29-2013, 05:09 PM
This, undoubtedly, has to be the English, who are widely loved across the world for their warm and friendly nature, their peacefulness, their laid back attitudes and above all for their modesty.
:rotfl:

Aredhel
01-29-2013, 05:09 PM
I'd go with Germany

Permafrost
01-29-2013, 05:13 PM
Germans and Austrians, at least in this neck of the woods.

Why? Well, superior philosophy, discipline, and general progressiveness, add to that neat political ideas (autoritarianism and federalization) & at the same time opposition to degenerate ideologies (liberal democracy, communism) etc. etc.

RussiaPrussia
01-29-2013, 05:23 PM

good joke

Xárszászát
01-30-2013, 03:57 PM
Undoubtedly Estonians.

Adrian
01-30-2013, 04:06 PM
I'm not sure about most popular, but most admired are Italians.

This because of the way they have treated Arberëshë community throughout history.

gregorius
01-30-2013, 04:07 PM
The Netherlands/Belgium without a doubt

Austo
01-30-2013, 04:08 PM

Never liked them.

Balmung
01-30-2013, 04:11 PM
Here its Germans & Swedes/Scandinavians in general.

Most Americans admire Germany's history, their engineers, musicians, literature etc. I challenge you to live here TRUST ME you cannot even watch TV without hearing about German engineering somewhere. As for Swedes, if you were to ask the average American who the hottest girls are, Sweden would probably get the most votes :lol:

Its ironic considering America's past, but beyond musicians from the British invasion, many Americans don't really envy Britain. If its a discussion about inventions, most Americans will side with Germans. If its a discussion about looks, most Americans will rag on the British for being "the ugliest Europeans". Its quite the turn around from how America used to be. Once Anglos were the elite, now looked down on.

Incel King
01-30-2013, 05:53 PM
Italians

Virtuous
01-30-2013, 05:57 PM
Malta.

Rosenrot
01-30-2013, 05:58 PM
Italians :D

JanPulja
02-04-2013, 10:45 PM
The English were widely disliked, being a "nation of petty shopkeepers" (quoting some Frenchman I can't recall now). Much of it was envy for their succes and wealth, but they also brought it on themselves with the politics of "splendid isolation". No lasting alliances, a sort of Realpolitik ante litteram, meaning that many so-called friends were dropped like a hot brick. The recent shenanigans of Cameron could once again bring an isolation, however much less splendid.

B01AB20
02-04-2013, 10:58 PM
la suisse.

bella1407
02-05-2013, 03:02 AM
Monaco.

Virtuous
02-05-2013, 03:03 AM
Malta.

MarkyMark
02-05-2013, 03:16 AM
It definitely is not Britain. As someone else stated they have a bloody colonial past and are actually seen as not friendly just as many see Northern Europe in general.
It definitely isn't Germany or Austria. WWI and WWII are way too recent.
People don't seem very opinionated about Scandinavia.
Everyone still sees Russia as the communist threat, and eastern Europe in general has not done much in history.

I would have to go with Italy or Greece. Everyone sees those two countries as Romantic, deeply historical places with rich architecture. Many women have the weird idea that Italian men are special and that they are all handosme, romantic lovers.

Just90
02-05-2013, 03:32 AM
Great Britain
France
Italy
And
Germany

Maybe Spain too

Lemon Kush
02-05-2013, 03:45 AM
Belgium, The Netherlands, Switzerland, Italy, and the Scandinavian countries. Mainly peaceful, highly developed, and cultured countries that weren't involved in many wars or oppression of people. Now I'm not saying these countries have all these qualities but as long as they have one that really stands out is enough to qualify them as one of the most admired nation. For example Italy was sided with Nazi Germany in World War 2 but many people still respect and admire it because of its high culture and cuisine.

Anglojew
02-05-2013, 03:53 AM

The English 100% but otherwise the (Ancient Greeks).

Stefan
02-05-2013, 03:57 AM
I don't know about most popular and admired for everyone, but I certainly would love to live in Switzerland if SHTF here in the U.S.

eeroli
02-05-2013, 04:23 AM
Finland, Funland and every Fucklands around us ;)

Ants
02-05-2013, 04:30 AM
Russia

http://filmjamblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/dumb.jpg

no, not really

Qemist
02-05-2013, 05:31 AM
If you discount patriotic self-love, I would say the US. For many decades they were widely idolized by the European masses.

Austo
02-05-2013, 09:16 AM
Austria

Grenzland
02-06-2013, 02:26 AM
Italy? Be allied with them and you change your mind! :D

EagleAtHeart
02-06-2013, 02:29 AM
Italy or Ancient Greece.

Crn Volk
02-06-2013, 02:34 AM
Ancient Macedonia - thanks to Alexander ;)

Leliana
02-08-2013, 07:21 PM
Most popular: Germany
Most admired: Switzerland

Queen B
02-08-2013, 07:26 PM
I'd exclude my country because I'm biased (even though already is getting votes) and I'd say Italy.

Issy
02-08-2013, 07:49 PM
The Romans admired the Ancient Greeks so I'd say them.

Germanicus
02-08-2013, 08:44 PM
Denmark has my admiration and respect.

Xárszászát
02-08-2013, 09:41 PM
Most popular: Germany
Most admired: Switzerland

After WWII, I highly doubt Germany is the most popular nation in Europe.
Memories are still alive.

Austo
02-08-2013, 09:47 PM
After WWII, I highly doubt Germany is the most popular nation in Europe.
Memories are still alive.

Especially because of WW2 they are popular, and also liked all over the world.

Nazis are liked from people all over the world still.

Xárszászát
02-09-2013, 09:13 AM

In a survey it was stated that USSR was the most liked Nation in Baltic States as well.

Libertas
02-09-2013, 09:31 AM

Not among most Britons.

They are only liked by anti-Semites.

Scholarios
02-09-2013, 09:34 AM
I'm not sure about most popular, but most admired are Italians.

This because of the way they have treated Arberëshë community throughout history.

I'm not sure the status of Arbereshe (or even their existence) is on the minds of anyone in the world except for a minority of Albanians. Sorry to say.

Xárszászát
02-09-2013, 09:35 AM
Not among most Britons.

They are only liked by anti-Semites.

I think he was ironic.

Scholarios
02-09-2013, 09:35 AM
Brits are the most envied, worldwide. Anglo-Saxons still thought of as the "strongest tribe"

Italians, French, or Greeks are the most "admired" in a kind of unrealistic, romantic way.

Germans and Russians are the most feared.

Partizan
02-09-2013, 09:46 AM
I'd say France, Germany, Russia or United Kingdom. Though Russia seems like gaining more popularity unfortunately, the opposite for the UK.

Though... Hey we've interesting fans too :cool:

Belgium:

http://cache.images.globalsportsmedia.com/soccer/teams/150x150/9579.png

http://www.trt.net.tr/medya2/resim/2012/02/21/963cb2cf-d123-4498-bd00-ad7d0db8c43a-444x333.jpg

Italy:

http://www.diplomaticobserver.com/EN/resim/2-1536/kpk0000000000.JPG

http://www.e-turchia.com/images/Moena2.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_pWImxgEZ_Os/THg4PeGq1PI/AAAAAAAACa8/TpZugM73vP8/s1600/Moena01.jpg

Ireland:

http://www.ireland-family.net/picture_library/memorial_drogheda1746.jpg

http://images.vector-images.com/205/drogheda_town_coa_n10614.gif

http://www.stadiumsireland.com/Images/drogheda%20united.png

Libertas
02-09-2013, 10:12 AM
I think he was ironic.

You NEVER know on this site.:)

Contusion
02-09-2013, 03:19 PM
The French for their mathematicians and the English for their physical scientists.

Smaug
02-09-2013, 03:30 PM
Albanians and Maltese.

RussiaPrussia
02-09-2013, 03:34 PM
well it depends what you define by admired

by pure geopolitical power and economy its russia and germany

by culture and history its italy and greece

by moneys its norway and switzerland

Nurzat
02-09-2013, 03:57 PM
i highly appreciate the germans and the english for the philosophy and for the way they've built their societies before the nowadays' immigrant infestation of the west... at the moment england and germany tend to become 3rd world inhabited shitholes, unfortunately

Linet
02-09-2013, 04:08 PM
If we are talking popular :humble: though the centuries, then is Italy :fpoem: and Greece :vikingship:.
Till middleval times, Airstotles was ruling over everything in Europe....also Byzantium or empire Greacorum was a steady power and before that we had Hellenistic times, before that the city states :old , before that Mycenae, before Minoans were rulling the seas etc.....:dizzy:
If we are talking about today...then i go with England :bow00001: and Germany :cheers:

liamliam
02-09-2013, 04:31 PM
The Italians, Greeks and British. Definetly not the Nordic countries like Sweden or Norway imo, or eastern European ones like Russia or Poland. And it definitly isn't Germany either.

Damiăo de Góis
02-09-2013, 04:34 PM
I think it used to be France before the americans won WWII, then after that english became a dominant language.

Hurrem sultana
02-09-2013, 04:38 PM
france,italy

RussiaPrussia
02-09-2013, 04:42 PM
The Italians, Greeks and British. Definetly not the Nordic countries like Sweden or Norway imo, or eastern European ones like Russia or Poland. And it definitly isn't Germany either.

funny how the first 3 you mention are the most broken nations right now in europe, while nordics, germany and russia are the most richest right now.

Austo
02-09-2013, 04:43 PM
france,italy

They should be admired?

Remeber what they did in WW2/1

Xárszászát
02-09-2013, 05:22 PM
They should be admired?

Remeber what they did in WW2/1

Well, in this case I think Germany should be not even in the list.
Not certainly "the best" to put it politely.

arcticwolf
02-09-2013, 05:28 PM

Abolutely! Modesty most of all! :laugh:

Grizzly
02-09-2013, 05:32 PM
I think Italy is probably the most admired nation and maybe Germany.

Italy because of it's rich history and popularity.

Austo
02-09-2013, 05:33 PM
Well, in this case I think Germany should be not even in the list.
Not certainly "the best" to put it politely.

Why, Germany didnt betray their allies.

arcticwolf
02-09-2013, 05:37 PM
It's subjective, for me:

Ancient Greece, the foundation of all European civilization. Their contributions are undeniable, obvious and remarkable.

Ancient Rome, great administrators, soldiers and innovators. Amazing discipline.

Russia, the toughest people that ever lived. Smart, cool, rational, practical, can do much with little.

The rest of Europeans. ;)

Xárszászát
02-09-2013, 06:38 PM
Why, Germany didnt betray their allies.

Well actually yes.
In WWI, both Germany and Austria didn't warn Italy of their moves and intentions, they both didn't invite Italian delegate to their war conference, they didn't even ask of Italian opinion.
This while Italy was already preparing to send three corps to the Rhine.
In WWII, Germany betrayed Molotov Pact, made a coup d'état against their Hungarian allies and multiple times used their Allies' troops as cannon fodder in Russia and North Africa, despite the bravery those troops showed.
On the other hand I agree Italy in a certain sense betrayed Germany in WWII, it must not be forgotten that Germany occupied Italy first, killing and mudering Italian soldiers inspite of their surrender.
Moreover, even accepting your false statement, Germany(and Austria together) in WWII invaded, pillaged, killed and murdered millions of people for their absurd and riddicolous thought of being the Herrenrasse.
Germany committed war crimes which weren't seen since the times of Gengis Khan.
What German soldiers committed is an eternal shame.
And yes I know Soviet had gulags, killed millions, bla bla jews were cruel bla bla.
Whatever else happened didn't absolve Germany and German people from their crimes.
Therefore, accusing Italy and France of "having done bad things in world wars", said by a Pro-German is moreover quite riddicolous.
And be aware, I am not a communist or Jews, just an historician.

Austo
02-09-2013, 06:51 PM
Well actually yes.
In WWI, both Germany and Austria didn't warn Italy of their moves and intentions, they both didn't invite Italian delegate to their war conference, they didn't even ask of Italian opinion.
This while Italy was already preparing to send three corps to the Rhine.
In WWII, Germany betrayed Molotov Pact, made a coup d'état against their Hungarian allies and multiple times used their Allies' troops as cannon fodder in Russia and North Africa, despite the bravery those troops showed.
On the other hand I agree Italy in a certain sense betrayed Germany in WWII, it must not be forgotten that Germany occupied Italy first, killing and mudering Italian soldiers inspite of their surrender.
Moreover, even accepting your false statement, Germany(and Austria together) in WWII invaded, pillaged, killed and murdered millions of people for their absurd and riddicolous thought of being the Herrenrasse.
Germany committed war crimes which weren't seen since the times of Gengis Khan.
What German soldiers committed is an eternal shame.
And yes I know Soviet had gulags, killed millions, bla bla jews were cruel bla bla.
Whatever else happened didn't absolve Germany and German people from their crimes.
Therefore, accusing Italy and France of "having done bad things in world wars", said by a Pro-German is moreover quite riddicolous.
And be aware, I am not a communist or Jews, just an historician.

You think not warning someone is the same like attacking somone?

tHey didnt do bad things. Coward things they did.

By the way, you can say anything you want about us, and what we did in the worldwars. I am still proud of it.

Leon_C
02-09-2013, 06:56 PM
It has to be England because so many speak our language, how can you speak the language of a nation and not admire it, if Americans and Australians/ every other former colony that speaks English hates us so much they should stop speaking English.

Damiăo de Góis
02-09-2013, 07:00 PM
It has to be England because so many speak our language, how can you speak the language of a nation and not admire it, if Americans and Australians/ every other former colony that speaks English hates us so much they should stop speaking English.

People speak english because of America and their big influence. Also people actually speak it closer to a pseudo american accent rather than any accent from the british isles. They don't speak english because they like England.

Xárszászát
02-09-2013, 07:33 PM
You think not warning someone is the same like attacking somone?

tHey didnt do bad things. Coward things they did.

By the way, you can say anything you want about us, and what we did in the worldwars. I am still proud of it.

Well actually Italy didn't betray anyone since we were betrayed by Central Powers.
In WWII we were attacked first since Italian declaration of war is after German occupation of Italy, therefore it was Germany which betrayed Italy in WWII attacking us first.
In WWII Germany overthrew Hungarian government and occupied Hungarian territory, though it was Germany's ally, betrayal number two.
Germany attacked USSR despite Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact, betrayal number three.
Germany repeatedly violated the neutrality of neutral countries invading weaker countries because they couldn't oppose any significative resistance, betrayal number 4 (Occupation of Luxembourg), 5 (Belgium),6 (Netherlands),7 7( Denmark), 8( Norway), 9 (Yugoslavia).
This without mentioning all the time Germans exploited their Allies taking the merit for them in Northern Africa and during the retreat from Stalingrad.
Furthermore, France fought valiantly losing 92,000 soldiers in the Campaign of France.
In WWI it was France stubborn and stiff which stopped Germany at Marne and Verdun.
In WWI, Italy fought on the Alps in the highest front ever fought (the same for Austrians who valiantly and correctly fought, note that I admit that unlike that).
In WWII Italians fought outstandigly well, in North Africa they were the 90 % of Rommel troops and they often did actions which Germans took credit for.
In Russia Italians were fundamental to help some German units to fall back (general Eibl stated that Italian Alpini[ which by the way Germans copied in their Alpenkorp] were his Panzers),in Ethiopia Italians stubbornly fought deserving the praise of their enemies.
In the sea Italians were responsible of bringing supplies and they gallantly did even to Tunisia in the "death route", Italians flew in airplanes Germans refused to fly in, Italians provided Rommel with Intelligence data and codes.
Therefore, Italians and French were far from being cowards.
I don't want to make you ashamed of Germany, I don't care at all, just accept what history is and what you did.
Counting the number of betrayal it seems that Germany is leading the list as the most traitorous nation in WWII.

Austo
02-09-2013, 07:44 PM
Well actually Italy didn't betray anyone since we were betrayed by Central Powers.
In WWII we were attacked first since Italian declaration of war is after German occupation of Italy, therefore it was Germany which betrayed Italy in WWII attacking us first.
In WWII Germany overthrew Hungarian government and occupied Hungarian territory, though it was Germany's ally, betrayal number two.
Germany attacked USSR despite Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact, betrayal number three.
Germany repeatedly violated the neutrality of neutral countries invading weaker countries because they couldn't oppose any significative resistance, betrayal number 4 (Occupation of Luxembourg), 5 (Belgium),6 (Netherlands),7 7( Denmark), 8( Norway), 9 (Yugoslavia).
This without mentioning all the time Germans exploited their Allies taking the merit for them in Northern Africa and during the retreat from Stalingrad.
Furthermore, France fought valiantly losing 92,000 soldiers in the Campaign of France.
In WWI it was France stubborn and stiff which stopped Germany at Marne and Verdun.
In WWI, Italy fought on the Alps in the highest front ever fought (the same for Austrians who valiantly and correctly fought, note that I admit that unlike that).
In WWII Italians fought outstandigly well, in North Africa they were the 90 % of Rommel troops and they often did actions which Germans took credit for.
In Russia Italians were fundamental to help some German units to fall back (general Eibl stated that Italian Alpini[ which by the way Germans copied in their Alpenkorp] were his Panzers),in Ethiopia Italians stubbornly fought deserving the praise of their enemies.
In the sea Italians were responsible of bringing supplies and they gallantly did even to Tunisia in the "death route", Italians flew in airplanes Germans refused to fly in, Italians provided Rommel with Intelligence data and codes.
Therefore, Italians and French were far from being cowards.
I don't want to make you ashamed of Germany, I don't care at all, just accept what history is and what you did.
Counting the number of betrayal it seems that Germany is leading the list as the most traitorous nation in WWII.

Well, you dont always have to tell me all the history because i know the history of the Worldwars.

You can say what you want, in my eyes italians are the betrayers.

I noticed in your text that you say it is my fault :) . Well actually i wasnt there, my friend, but i would have loved to fight for my country.

Hitler did many people a favour, or how else do you explain that some hundret thousand russians fought for Hitler against Russia?

Leon_C
02-09-2013, 07:49 PM
People speak english because of America and their big influence. Also people actually speak it closer to a pseudo american accent rather than any accent from the british isles. They don't speak english because they like England.

No, Canada, Australia, South Africa, USA, New Zealand, Jamaica and so on speak English because of colonial rule, not because of America....

Flintlocke
02-09-2013, 07:50 PM
No one, everybody hates their neighbors for some reason or another :P

Damiăo de Góis
02-09-2013, 07:51 PM
No, Canada, Australia, South Africa, USA, New Zealand, Jamaica and so on speak English because of colonial rule, not because of America....

So when you said "so many people speak our language", you meant Canada, Australia, South Africa, USA, etc? If so then nevermind.

Xárszászát
02-09-2013, 09:02 PM
Well, you dont always have to tell me all the history because i know the history of the Worldwars.

You can say what you want, in my eyes italians are the betrayers.

I noticed in your text that you say it is my fault :) . Well actually i wasnt there, my friend, but i would have loved to fight for my country.

Hitler did many people a favour, or how else do you explain that some hundret thousand russians fought for Hitler against Russia?

No, I didn't mean it is your fault.
I like German people (I live in South Tyrol just make your conclusion) and I have no resentment or hostility towards German people.
Back to the topic, you said you know history, well that's not true: you knew YOUR history, the history you want to know.
Be careful, I didn't say you're stupid or ignorant, I just say that your patriotism or ideology (I don't know since I am not acquainted with you) clouds your objective view of history.
I am objective, I am honest, I tell the truth and checking whatever book you'll find that.
I have no problem admitting Italy performed badly on the whole, but it is false that Italians were cowards.
I proved that to you, are you still convinced we were cowards?
Secondly, We were betrayers? Might you explain me why?
In WWI? And why? Because we attacked one Ally of ours which did NOT inform or warn us, which refused to give Italian inhabitated territories, which costantly treated Italy like scum and which planned to invade Italy during 1908 Messina's earthquake?
In WWII? Why?
We were honest ally of Germany (though our failur forced Germany to help that's true, ah it's false anyway that Italian failure in Greece fatally delayed German attack in Russia, David M. Glantz proved that),we fought everywhere, we sent our soldiers to die in Russia, we provived supplies and naval cover for Rommel, we provided intelligence data and codes.
Then, when the defeat was clear, Germany occupied Italy and started killing its allies who surrendered (despite all the declarations Germany signed), what were we supposed to do?
Italians were enslaved to Germany, there were 600,000 Italian in German lagers, those same Italians who fought and died along with their German comrades.
Now, to answer to your question: Do you know in which condition Russian prisoners had to live in? 3,2 Millions of Soviet prisoners died in German lager (again, inspite of all the treaties Germany signed) and they had a choice: dying by starvation or serve in German Army.
Now tell me: if they were, according to what you said, so enthusiastic Hitler supporter, why Germans never trusted them and never put them in frontline?
Now tell me: if Hitler was so good: why Germany was on the edge of bankrupt? Why, if he was so loved, there were millions of partizans against him? Why, if he was so exceptional, he made so many military mistakes?
Why, if he was so brilliant, there was a military conspiracy against him?
Now tell me: If attacking Austria was a betrayal, what was German occupation of Italy? what was German killing of Italian prisoners of war? What were German war crimes? What was German violation of Molotov-Ribbentrop pact? What were German invasions of all those neutral countries I numbered before?
Might you kindly answer to these question.
And be aware of this: I don't contest your country, you or your patriotism.
I don't despise or hate Germans for their past, I am just discussing history and trying to fade away some of the many stereothypes about Italy and WWII.
And, by the way, I think that all people who mentioned Italy were referring about our history and culture, not certainly about WWII, which in fact, isn't history so much comparing to Roman or Medieval times.

Austo
02-09-2013, 10:20 PM
No, I didn't mean it is your fault.
I like German people (I live in South Tyrol just make your conclusion) and I have no resentment or hostility towards German people.
Back to the topic, you said you know history, well that's not true: you knew YOUR history, the history you want to know.
Be careful, I didn't say you're stupid or ignorant, I just say that your patriotism or ideology (I don't know since I am not acquainted with you) clouds your objective view of history.
I am objective, I am honest, I tell the truth and checking whatever book you'll find that.
I have no problem admitting Italy performed badly on the whole, but it is false that Italians were cowards.
I proved that to you, are you still convinced we were cowards?
Secondly, We were betrayers? Might you explain me why?
In WWI? And why? Because we attacked one Ally of ours which did NOT inform or warn us, which refused to give Italian inhabitated territories, which costantly treated Italy like scum and which planned to invade Italy during 1908 Messina's earthquake?
In WWII? Why?
We were honest ally of Germany (though our failur forced Germany to help that's true, ah it's false anyway that Italian failure in Greece fatally delayed German attack in Russia, David M. Glantz proved that),we fought everywhere, we sent our soldiers to die in Russia, we provived supplies and naval cover for Rommel, we provided intelligence data and codes.
Then, when the defeat was clear, Germany occupied Italy and started killing its allies who surrendered (despite all the declarations Germany signed), what were we supposed to do?
Italians were enslaved to Germany, there were 600,000 Italian in German lagers, those same Italians who fought and died along with their German comrades.
Now, to answer to your question: Do you know in which condition Russian prisoners had to live in? 3,2 Millions of Soviet prisoners died in German lager (again, inspite of all the treaties Germany signed) and they had a choice: dying by starvation or serve in German Army.
Now tell me: if they were, according to what you said, so enthusiastic Hitler supporter, why Germans never trusted them and never put them in frontline?
Now tell me: if Hitler was so good: why Germany was on the edge of bankrupt? Why, if he was so loved, there were millions of partizans against him? Why, if he was so exceptional, he made so many military mistakes?
Why, if he was so brilliant, there was a military conspiracy against him?
Now tell me: If attacking Austria was a betrayal, what was German occupation of Italy? what was German killing of Italian prisoners of war? What were German war crimes? What was German violation of Molotov-Ribbentrop pact? What were German invasions of all those neutral countries I numbered before?
Might you kindly answer to these question.
And be aware of this: I don't contest your country, you or your patriotism.
I don't despise or hate Germans for their past, I am just discussing history and trying to fade away some of the many stereothypes about Italy and WWII.
And, by the way, I think that all people who mentioned Italy were referring about our history and culture, not certainly about WWII, which in fact, isn't history so much comparing to Roman or Medieval times.

I am not saying all italians are coward. The coward was the one who made the decision to attack austria.

We dont have to start to talk about how many italians died in war because you know that there were more austrians and germans that died in this war.

And no i was not talking about the prisoners of war that decided to fight for Hitler. There were Ukrainians and russians who joined the german army to fight for Hitler out of their free will, because they were sick of the invasion of jews in their countries.

There were so many patizans not for him because the communists and other parties of Germany spread lies about the NSDAP.

Let me ask you one question. What is your opinion on Adolf Hitler? Do you think he was a great man?
In my opinion he was the most briliant politician of all times. He convinced millions of people of his own idelogy, nobody in history was ever able to do such great things how Hitler did. He had the greatest will of all men in History, and he should be admired because he stood in for his ideology and tried to save europe from jews.

Philo
02-09-2013, 10:24 PM
It deffinitely is not the Germans, who betrayed us after many jews FUCKING DIED for the ingrateful bastards in the first world war.

Xárszászát
02-09-2013, 11:03 PM
I am not saying all italians are coward. The coward was the one who made the decision to attack austria.

We dont have to start to talk about how many italians died in war because you know that there were more austrians and germans that died in this war.
Well, on the Italian Front died surely more Italians than Austrians, since A-H Army was largely composed by Hungarians and non-germans as well.
Since Italy had 700,000 killed I highly doubt that there were 700,000 Ethnic Austrian Killed.
The same goes for WWII.
As for Germans that's right, but it is a little bit pointless to compare those nations.
If number od deads determines who's coward and who's not, then what are Germans compared to USSR?

And no i was not talking about the prisoners of war that decided to fight for Hitler. There were Ukrainians and russians who joined the german army to fight for Hitler out of their free will, because they were sick of the invasion of jews in their countries.
As for Russians there were only RONA (Rossiskaya Osvobitelnaya Narodnaya Armija) totally composed by Prisoners of war.
Ukrainians largely enrolled as Hiwis since they hated Soviets (the same did Baltes but they were annexed only in 1940).

There were so many patizans not for him because the communists and other parties of Germany spread lies about the NSDAP.
Utterly ahistorical.
There were partizans because Germans tried to suppress all the nationalities who weren't Aryans (aside from the proven falsity of Aryan theories, according to which Germans would be the descendants of modern Indians,lol) and because Germans were invaders.
Germans killed,destroyed, looted the whole Europe.
You might dislike hearing that but that's an historical fact.
Only in Soviet Union there were between 8 (lowest estimates) and 20 (highest estimates) millions of civilians killed.

Let me ask you one question
I am going to answer to your question, but I'd like you to answer mine as well.
What is your opinion on Adolf Hitler? Do you think he was a great man?
In my opinion he was the most briliant politician of all times. He convinced millions of people of his own idelogy, nobody in history was ever able to do such great things how Hitler did. He had the greatest will of all men in History, and he should be admired because he stood in for his ideology and tried to save europe from jews.
Aside from all plot theories about jews and banks and masonry.
Hitler was undoubtedly a greatest orator and a brave soldier, as a politician he was undeniably skilled.
However he was rather a bad economist, unlike common conceptions, he did NOT save Germany from economical crysis, you know why?
The reintroduction of conscription provived a basis for recruiting millions of unemployed, all public works Germany had (the famous autobahn)were done leading Germany to bankrupt.
Germany prepared itself for war because it was the main Hitler aim, it is an acknowledge fact.
If you want to know more just read Adam Tooze book about Nazi Germany Economy.
Hitler was a terrible strategist, a cruelest leader responsible of millions of deaths.
He exploited the preposterous myth of Dolchstosslegende just to persecute Jews and socialists, utterly ignoring that 12,000 Jews were killed in WWI and more than 158,000 wounded.
Ignoring that Germany was beaten in 1918 and that leaders who signed Versailles couldn't do differently (agreeing it was a too much harsh treaty).
You cited the conviction of people, well I'd like to point out that Hitler NEVER obtained the majority at Reichstag and that he had the utter control of means of informations, he could control and manipulate all the news.
Hitler led Germany into a war Germany could NEVER win and finally ends with its destruction.
He exploited the preposterous myth of Herrenrasse to instill an absurd and unjustified Superiority in German people leading them to commit the most terrible act History had ever seen since the times of Gengis Khan.
You may say that Jews were enemies of Germany, however aside from the vary Rothschild, Rockfeller and all those banker families, how many of those Jews were enemies of Germany?
How many of other Untermenschen were enemies of Germany?
Now let me make a question to which I'd like you to answer honestly:
Since I think you're a Nazy sympathizer, do you really believe to be racially superior to any other Italian, French, Briton,Pole, Russian, African and so on?
Do you really believe in Herrenrasse?
Do you really believe in eugenetic?
Could you really stand an ideology responsible for the murder of millions of children?
I mean, aside maybe from Jews and non-Germans killed you don't care (always presuming you're a Pro-Nazi and without any offence), do you really sustain a Party who sent millions of Germans to death?
Have you ever read Guido Knopp and his tales about Gauleiters' behaviour? Did you know that in Eastern Prussia Nazi leaders were the first to flee leavign their people to die?
Do you know that Nazi prompted the creation of Volksturm and the enrolling of Hitler Youth to fight?

Be careful, I am not criticizing you, you can think whatever you want I couldn't care less and I never insulted though we have opposite ideas.
I am just asking to answer these questions honestly, I do not want to flame or troll, I just want to discuss in a civil way if possible.

Philo
02-09-2013, 11:16 PM
There were Ukrainians and russians who joined the german army to fight for Hitler out of their free will, because they were sick of the invasion of jews in their countries.
Some out of free will, most because the Germans would have starved them to death if they did'nt join. Nice way of twisting facts.
Austo is one of those people who gives humaniy a bad name:

What is your opinion on Adolf Hitler? Do you think he was a great man?

Ausęncia Forçada
02-10-2013, 12:22 AM
Most popular and admired nation in European history?

Germany, no doubt and you all know that.

Austo
02-10-2013, 12:25 AM
Well, on the Italian Front died surely more Italians than Austrians, since A-H Army was largely composed by Hungarians and non-germans as well.
Since Italy had 700,000 killed I highly doubt that there were 700,000 Ethnic Austrian Killed.
The same goes for WWII.
As for Germans that's right, but it is a little bit pointless to compare those nations.
If number od deads determines who's coward and who's not, then what are Germans compared to USSR?

As for Russians there were only RONA (Rossiskaya Osvobitelnaya Narodnaya Armija) totally composed by Prisoners of war.
Ukrainians largely enrolled as Hiwis since they hated Soviets (the same did Baltes but they were annexed only in 1940).

Utterly ahistorical.
There were partizans because Germans tried to suppress all the nationalities who weren't Aryans (aside from the proven falsity of Aryan theories, according to which Germans would be the descendants of modern Indians,lol) and because Germans were invaders.
Only in Soviet Union there were between 8 (lowest estimates) and 20 (highest estimates) millions of civilians killed.

Hitler was undoubtedly a greatest orator and a brave soldier, as a politician he was undeniably skilled.
However he was rather a bad economist, unlike common conceptions, he did NOT save Germany from economical crysis, you know why?
The reintroduction of conscription provived a basis for recruiting millions of unemployed, all public works Germany had (the famous autobahn)were done leading Germany to bankrupt.
Germany prepared itself for war because it was the main Hitler aim, it is an acknowledge fact.
Hitler was a terrible strategist, a cruelest leader responsible of millions of deaths.
He exploited the preposterous myth of Dolchstosslegende just to persecute Jews and socialists, utterly ignoring that 12,000 Jews were killed in WWI and more than 158,000 wounded.
Ignoring that Germany was beaten in 1918 and that leaders who signed Versailles couldn't do differently (agreeing it was a too much harsh treaty).
You cited the conviction of people, well I'd like to point out that Hitler NEVER obtained the majority at Reichstag and that he had the utter control of means of informations, he could control and manipulate all the news.
Hitler led Germany into a war Germany could NEVER win and finally ends with its destruction.
He exploited the preposterous myth of Herrenrasse to instill an absurd and unjustified Superiority in German people leading them to commit the most terrible act History had ever seen since the times of Gengis Khan.
You may say that Jews were enemies of Germany, however aside from the vary Rothschild, Rockfeller and all those banker families, how many of those Jews were enemies of Germany?
Since I think you're a Nazy sympathizer, do you really believe to be racially superior to any other Italian, French, Briton,Pole, Russian, African and so on?
Could you really stand an ideology responsible for the murder of millions of children?
I mean, aside maybe from Jews and non-Germans killed you don't care (always presuming you're a Pro-Nazi and without any offence), do you really sustain a Party who sent millions of Germans to death?
Have you ever read Guido Knopp and his tales about Gauleiters' behaviour? Did you know that in Eastern Prussia Nazi leaders were the first to flee leavign their people to die?
Do you know that Nazi prompted the creation of Volksturm and the enrolling of Hitler Youth to fight?

Be careful, I am not criticizing you, you can think whatever you want I couldn't care less and I never insulted though we have opposite ideas.
I am just asking to answer these questions honestly, I do not want to flame or troll, I just want to discuss in a civil way if possible.

I dont have so much time now so i just answer your questions and maybe write something to the other things tomorrow.

1 I shure dont think that my race is superior to other europeans.
I am no nordicist. And my subrace is also not nordid. So I dont believe in the Herrenrasse.

To me a russian mans life is worth the same as a germans.
I dont see the point in the other questions.

Austo
02-10-2013, 10:39 AM
The same goes for WWII.

Utterly ahistorical.

I wasnt talking about the italian front, but all together. And there were just a little more italians that died than austrians. But keep in mind that austria doesnt have so many people like Italy.
Many Russians died yes. But that just tells us that Germanys army was more effective.
Hitlers aryan race had nothing to do with the indian.
And why are you talking about the jews that were killed? There were far more not jewish people that were killed. Are they less important than the jews to you?

And please be so kind to keep your answer a little shorter this time.

Geni
02-10-2013, 10:54 AM
Deutschland...:love:

SkyBurn
02-10-2013, 10:56 AM
Deutschland...:love:

Popular? No.

My vote goes to Italy.

Leliana
02-10-2013, 12:15 PM
Germany Popular? No.

Uhm, you are biased, look at your ethnicity. :shy:

rhiannon
02-10-2013, 12:20 PM
England, Germany, or Italy

SkyBurn
02-10-2013, 12:24 PM
Uhm, you are biased, look at your ethnicity. :shy:

The question was to do with Popular nations.

If you think Germany is popular/admired the most at the moment, I think you're delusional. It was not a personal attack. I have absolutely nothing against Germany at all, and my ethnicity is not a nation. I am not bias, in fact, if you knew me, you would know that I'm a bit of a germanophile.

Plus, the Italians weren't exactly the nicest, but I still think people pin WW1/2 on Germany not Italy, so they can still be in the running.

Peyrol
02-10-2013, 12:25 PM
Germany is a nation to admire, not to denigrate.

Grace O'Malley
02-10-2013, 12:30 PM

Australians definitely don't hate England. The Queen is still the head of Australia for godsakes :)

There are so many poms here. They are everywhere.

SkyBurn
02-10-2013, 12:33 PM
Australian's definitely don't hate England. The Queen is still the head of Australia for godsakes :)

There are so many poms here. They are everywhere.

I find that since many Australians are Anglo-derived, it would be kind of silly to hate them, so yeah, completely agree.

Leon_C
02-10-2013, 08:10 PM
So when you said "so many people speak our language", you meant Canada, Australia, South Africa, USA, etc? If so then nevermind.

Also 125,226,449 Indians, 18,690,000 Pakistanis and 79,000,000 Nigerians speak English as a second language, what do they have in common? All former British colonies... are you going to tell me that the reason they speak English is because of America?

Damiăo de Góis
02-10-2013, 08:41 PM
Also 125,226,449 Indians, 18,690,000 Pakistanis and 79,000,000 Nigerians speak English as a second language, what do they have in common? All former British colonies... are you going to tell me that the reason they speak English is because of America?

I obviously meant other countries who weren't a part of the british empire. The reason why so many people in Europe speak english is because of America.

Leon_C
02-10-2013, 09:34 PM
I obviously meant other countries who weren't a part of the british empire. The reason why so many people in Europe speak english is because of America.

Well the numbers I've given to you of English speakers in former colonies plus the Anglo sphere accounts for a large percentage of the English speakers in the world, I would agree that many Chinese speak English due to their dealings with America but Britain is still responsible for the majority of English speakers in the world.

evon
02-10-2013, 09:35 PM
Moldovians of course, who else?

Damiăo de Góis
02-10-2013, 09:40 PM
Well the numbers I've given to you of English speakers in former colonies plus the Anglo sphere accounts for a large percentage of the English speakers in the world, I would agree that many Chinese speak English due to their dealings with America but Britain is still responsible for the majority of English speakers in the world.

I have no idea of how many pakis or nigerians speak english because of the british empire, but i was talking about people who speak english as a second language. There are plenty of those people, especially in Europe and those speak it thanks to America and their influence, that was what i was talking about.

RussiaPrussia
02-10-2013, 09:40 PM
The question was to do with Popular nations.

If you think Germany is popular/admired the most at the moment, I think you're delusional. It was not a personal attack. I have absolutely nothing against Germany at all, and my ethnicity is not a nation. I am not bias, in fact, if you knew me, you would know that I'm a bit of a germanophile.

Plus, the Italians weren't exactly the nicest, but I still think people pin WW1/2 on Germany not Italy, so they can still be in the running.

if your ethnicity is not a nation why youre so supportive of israel?

Peyrol
02-10-2013, 09:42 PM
San Marino: independent since 331 A.D.

RussiaPrussia
02-10-2013, 09:52 PM
Many Russians died yes. But that just tells us that Germanys army was more effective.

thats not so true

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_casualties#Military_casualties_by_bra nch_of_service

8 million soviets died and 4 million germans its obviously only 2 soviets for 1 german soldier. And its even less, as you can see 1 million of these died as pow in concentration camps (its a bit too low we all heard it was 2 million or so). How ever this means the other 12 million soviets were all civilian casualties.

Veneda
02-10-2013, 09:56 PM
I have no idea of how many pakis or nigerians speak english because of the british empire, but i was talking about people who speak english as a second language. There are plenty of those people, especially in Europe and those speak it thanks to America and their influence, that was what i was talking about.

Polish people speak English as a second language due to British influence. We are taught in schools and colleges British English, not American English. American influence on Polish society through media is another subject.

Damiăo de Góis
02-10-2013, 10:04 PM
Polish people speak English as a second language due to British influence. We are taught in schools and colleges British English, not American English. American influence on Polish society through media is another subject.

The number of english speakers here among younger generations is big because of american movies, music, etc. British influence is pretty much absent here, and british accents are completely unknown here. In some cases they are imperceptible.

But probably things are different in Poland.

Veneda
02-10-2013, 11:18 PM
The number of english speakers here among younger generations is big because of american movies, music, etc. British influence is pretty much absent here, and british accents are completely unknown here. In some cases they are imperceptible.

But probably things are different in Poland.

I am talking about state educational system here. So far Polish people who graduate from schools are more familiar with Shakespeare works than the names of American presidents.

Damiăo de Góis
02-10-2013, 11:30 PM
I am talking about state educational system here. So far Polish people who graduate from schools are more familiar with Shakespeare works than the names of American presidents.

Well, all i'm saying is that i'm not here writing in english out of admiration for England. I'm doing it because i was bombarded with american media since i was a small child. I suspect this is the case for plenty of other europeans.

Stefan
02-10-2013, 11:35 PM

I'd just like to mention that the colonials in these cases were just as Anglo-Saxon as the English and just as entitled to the language as the English, because - you know - they were English. They just lived in North America, Australia, etc, etc. It wasn't spread to the people who lived in these countries, these people were the ones who had spread it.

The same can be said for Americans in American schools. American presidents have nothing to do with the language education, and Shakespeare predates any differentiation of Standard American English and Standard British English. Do you learn the names of famous British parliament members in school?

Veneda
02-10-2013, 11:40 PM
Well, all i'm saying is that i'm not here writing in english out of admiration for England. I'm doing it because i was bombarded with american media since i was a small child. I suspect this is the case for plenty of other europeans.

I sympathize with you. Avoid the American bombs and hide yourself in British shelter ;) :)

randomguy1235
02-11-2013, 12:48 AM
Germans and Austrians, at least in this neck of the woods.

Why? Well, superior philosophy, discipline, and general progressiveness, add to that neat political ideas (autoritarianism and federalization) & at the same time opposition to degenerate ideologies (liberal democracy, communism) etc. etc.

You conveniently left out fascism :thumb001:. I suppose that's neat, right? (I'm not saying anything negative about Germans and contemporary German society).

Graham
02-11-2013, 02:13 AM
France has to be up there, due to it's huge amount of tourists. Top in Europe. Think in the World also.

Kazimiera
02-25-2013, 12:50 AM
---> moved to European Culture

justme
09-23-2013, 08:27 PM
Non of them... The truth is all occupiers are evil to some extent..

How about I vote for a nation that no longer exists but their history still lives on.. Like the Pelasgians, Etruscans or Trojans.

What did the Romans do so great..? Yeah sure they did some great things but they also killed and in slaved a lot of people, the Greeks did the same, and so did the ottomans and Americans.

The Romans got their alphabet idea from the Etruscans, who got the idea of building an alphabet from Greeks.

As for most admired nation currently I'd say USA, yeah they did some bad things... But at least they admit it, and become more aware. Least trustful would be Russia...

Manifest Destiny
09-23-2013, 08:28 PM
Serbia.

safinator
09-23-2013, 08:29 PM
I miss Wulfhere.

Anyway it's Germans.

Rouxinol
09-23-2013, 08:44 PM
France, most likely. Germany only at TA and other similar fora.

Libertas
09-23-2013, 09:16 PM
Popular and admired rarely coincide.

Loki
09-23-2013, 09:19 PM
Germany only at TA and other similar fora.

lol

Anglojew
09-23-2013, 09:20 PM
England

alb0zfinest
09-23-2013, 09:21 PM

:1127:

Wolf
09-23-2013, 09:22 PM
Most popular: Switzerland, no wars and always neutral.

Most admired: an idealized version of Ancient Greece and Rome, the model for many rulers, scholars and artists.

Nurr
09-29-2013, 02:57 PM
Russia huge cultural heritage-art, literature, scientific achievements..and Italy..

OldWayGuy
10-05-2013, 01:40 PM
Russia BADASS COUNTRY

FeederOfRavens
11-25-2014, 06:25 AM
Italy. I mean can you really hate italy?

Grenzland
11-25-2014, 02:30 PM

Be allied with Italy, then it's quite easy! ;)

Yuffayur
11-25-2014, 02:41 PM
La France

aimar
11-25-2014, 04:49 PM
France

special
12-16-2014, 02:01 PM
Italy when wasn't a nation.

special
12-16-2014, 02:02 PM

grazie

Antimage
12-16-2014, 02:08 PM
hungarian people admire germany the most i think

Gustave H
12-16-2014, 02:09 PM
Rus

Jana
12-19-2014, 10:00 AM
Italy, hard to beat it's legacy. Modern Italy isn't model state though.

Croats admire Germany the most of course. France is seen as very cultured, sophisticated and advanced but distant and foreign. Brits are seen as enemies lol. But respected.

StormBringer
12-19-2014, 10:05 AM
There can't really be a consensus on this one xD
Russia for us.

Wunderkind
12-19-2014, 10:25 AM
For Germans:

France, Italy and Sweden

Hithaeglir
12-19-2014, 10:30 AM
France.

andyeatspoo
12-19-2014, 10:35 AM
By default it cant be anyone who was in the axis of evil during ww2.

Yes you, italy and germany.

Vasconcelos
12-19-2014, 10:36 AM
Here it's probably either England or France.

Seraph of the End
12-19-2014, 10:49 AM
Russia!

I admire almost all European countries since all of them have rich and interesting history and culture. I don't like them but I do admire them. Russia is the most popular tho :D

Stears
12-24-2014, 09:22 AM
Culturally, both islam and the semi-asian orthodox countries were traditionally west-hater civilizations. Hungary is a Central European country, and part of the Catholic-Protestant western civilization. Hungary is not Eastern European (Orthodox = semi-asian culture) country.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Clash_of_Civilizations_map.png

What is Western Civilization?
The earliest mention of Western civilization “Occidental civilis”
After the Great Schism (The East-West Schism /formally in 1054/, between Western Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox Christianity.) Hungary determined itself as the easternmost bastion of Western civilisation (This statement was affirmed later by Pope Pius II who wrote that to Emperor Friedrich III, “Hungary is the shield of Christianity and the protector of Western civilization”)
It is not a secret in history, that countries civilizations are/were not in the same level of development.
It is well-known that Western and Central Europe, ( the so-called Western civilization) was always more developed than Orthodox Slavic or Eastern European civilization.
The cultural the societal-system and the economical civilizational (and technological) differences between Orthodox countries and Western Christian (Catholic-Protestant) countries were similar great, as the differences between Northern America (USA Canada) and Southern- (Latino) America.

MEMENTO:
Western things which were not existed in orthodox world:

1. POLITICAL AND CONSTITUTIONAL development: Medieval appearance of parliaments (a legislative body(!), DO NOT CONFUSE with the “councils of monarchs” which existed since the beginning of human history), the estates of the realm, the clergy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clergy), the nobility (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nobility), and the commoners (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commoner),

2. SELF GOVERNMENT status of big royal/imperial cities, (local government systems of cities), which are the direct ancestors of modern self/local governmental systems.

3. ECONOMY: The medieval appearance of banking systems and social effects and status of urban bourgeoisie, the absolute dominance of money-economy (when the vast majority of trade based on money and the taxes customs duties were collected in money) from the 12th -13th century, instead of the former primitive bartel-based commerce (barter dominated the economies orthodox world until the 17-18th centuries.)

4. HIGHER EDUCATION: The medieval appearance of universities and the medieval appearance of secular intellectuals,

5. CULTURE: Knights, the knight-culture, chivalric code, (and the technological effects of crusades from the Holy Land,)
Music and literature: courtly love, troubadours, Gregorian chant, Ars nova, Organum, Motet, Madrigal, Canon and Ballata, Liturgical drama, Novellas,
medieval western THEATER: Mystery or cycle plays, morality and passion plays, which developed into the renaissance theater, the direct ancestor of modern theaters.
Philosophy: Scholasticism and humanist philosophy,

6. The medieval usage of Latin alphabet and medieval spread of movable type printing,

7. TECHNOLOGY: The guild system is an association of artisans or merchants, which organized the training education, and directed master's exam system for artisians. Due to the compulsory foreign studies of the artisian master's candidates, the guilds played key role in the fast spread of technologies and industrial knowledge in the medieval Western World.

8. The defence systems & fortifications: The spread of stone/brick castle defense -systems, the town-walls of western cities from the 11th century. (In the orthodox world, only the capital cities had such a walls . The countries of the Balkan region and the territory of Russian states fell under Ottoman/Mongolian rule very rapidly - with a single decesive open-field battle - due to the lack of the networks of stone/brick castles and fortresses in these countries. The only exception was the greek inhabited Byzantine territories which were well fortified.)

9. FINEARTS and ARCHITECTURE: western architecture, sculpture paintings and fine-arts: the Romanesque style, the Gothic style and the Renaissance style.
The orthodox church buildings and „palaces(?)” were very little, they had primitive structure and poor decorations, their style were influenced by non-European arabic and persian influenced Byzantine ornamentics.

The renaissance & humanism , the reformation and the enlightenment did not influenced/affected the Orthodox (Eastern European) countries.
Before 1870, the industrialization that had developed in Western and Central Europe and the United States did not extend in any significant way to the rest of the world. In Eastern Europe, industrialization lagged far behind, and started only in the 20th century.

La C del bario
12-24-2014, 09:29 AM
Spain

Böri
12-24-2014, 09:36 AM
In this forum this is Germans I think. When I read forum this is what I see.

Foxy
03-06-2015, 03:30 PM
England and Italy IMO

I like when in romances writers mix english and Italian characters. They work well together.

Geni
03-06-2015, 03:44 PM
Italy....Germany and England are good ..but they are so cold these nordics....Personally i think Italy is the example for all us mediterraneans...

Carignan
03-06-2015, 03:47 PM
France.

Geni
03-06-2015, 03:49 PM
France is popular and admired by all africans ...but i doubt that europians admire France ..but ok ..this is your view point..

Styrian Mujo
03-06-2015, 03:50 PM
In former Yugoslavia: Teutonic nations(Germany,Austria,Netherlands...)>Anglo-Saxon world (some folks despise it though...)>France>Italy>Turkey>Russia. Preferance depends on religion/ethnicity/ideology but generally these nations and empires are most admired.

LightHouse89
03-06-2015, 03:56 PM
pre 1920s America.

Jägerstaffel
03-06-2015, 04:07 PM
pre 1920s America.

European history.

Kabul
03-06-2015, 04:11 PM
Great Britain is the most loved - by Pakistani immigrants, that's why they go no place else :laugh:

Jana
03-06-2015, 04:40 PM
Great Britain is the most loved - by Pakistani immigrants, that's why they go no place else :laugh:

It's a former colony of them, so no suprise.

Croats like Polska and Eire (who would guess :p), but really we admire any European nation that respects us. Some are culturally very close so it's natural we like them, but others are cool too, we are curious people and like to travel and enjoy entire continent, and beyond.

LightHouse89
03-06-2015, 04:51 PM
European history.

America is a continuation of Europe [or was back then].

To me. Germany pre WW2. Britain for the Victorian age.

Russia today.

Böri
03-06-2015, 05:04 PM
In Turkey this is Germany. Then Russia and Britain. Not admiration as Turks dont really like them rather neutral position, sometimes positive and sometimes negative and this depends on political atmosphere. With Russia unfortunately this was never positive until now but I hope this changes. Russia cleansed Crimea Tatars, (Balkan) Turks and also the Circassians. But this is past times.

Prince Of Macrobia
03-06-2015, 05:24 PM
Could be Germany.

Fedora
03-06-2015, 05:49 PM
The UK

Stears
03-06-2015, 06:38 PM
Be fair and do not forget: The UK played insignificant role in science and technology since the 1890s.

ius semper
03-06-2015, 06:49 PM
Spain has the most unstable history, from the biggest empire the world has ever seen to the actual bullshit. If I had to choose one country, I'd say France is the most admired, but the UK has the most glorious history even it's not the most loved.

Stimpy
03-06-2015, 06:55 PM
Most popular as in being admired, considered cool and nobody having anything against them - maybe Norway or something. In modern times, that is.

Countries like England, Germany, France etc. are still quite disliked by some people even though they've historically been very recognized and had a great past.

dude
03-06-2015, 07:01 PM
Most popular as in being admired, considered cool and nobody having anything against them - maybe Norway or something.

Countries like England, Germany, France etc. are still quite disliked by some people even though they've historically been very recognized and had a great past.
Germany has had a great past? When was that? I hope you don't mean the third Reich. Germany has a great present, In fact this is their time.

dawson
03-06-2015, 07:06 PM
Ancient Greece and Rome

Stimpy
03-06-2015, 07:09 PM
Germany has had a great past? When was that? I hope you don't mean the third Reich. Germany has a great present, In fact this is their time.

Germany has given the world quite alot in terms of scientific/technological innovations and played a relatively big role in European history. It's an internationally well known country.

Also, the Third Reich may not be ''great'' from a subjective moral standpoint but it's still impressive.

dude
03-06-2015, 07:16 PM
Germany has given the world quite alot in terms of scientific/technological innovations and played a relatively big role in European history. It's an internationally well known country.

Also, the Third Reich may not be ''great'' from a subjective moral standpoint but it's still impressive.
I guess I misunderstood and I was thinking about it in a human history sense (2000 y/o to present) as opposed to modern history (last 60 years). Today is Germany's time. It is a highly technologically advanced country with some of the best Engineering. In fact Germany has the largest European economy.

XenophobicPrussian
03-06-2015, 07:27 PM
^
Lol, the Germans conquering Rome? Holy Roman Empire? Prussia(beat up France once with ease, then again in WW1 as Germany)? German industry and highest literacy in Europe in the 1800s(that industry without having the colonial empires of the UK/France)? Germany getting so powerful in the late 1800s/early 1900s the other great powers had to team up to contain her in WW1? Modernizing Japan basing a lot of stuff including laws from Germany?

Bloodnigger
03-06-2015, 07:29 PM
Russia. (imo)

Desaix DeBurgh
03-06-2015, 07:34 PM
I guess I misunderstood and I was thinking about it in a human history sense (2000 y/o to present) as opposed to modern history (last 60 years). Today is Germany's time. It is a highly technologically advanced country with some of the best Engineering. In fact Germany has the largest European economy.

You are ignorant and idiotic. He didn't mean in just the last 60 years.

I think France is more impressive. First of all the only semblance of a German empire was the Holy Roman Empire so both France and Britain are more impressive in this regard. Also, when it comes to culture in order of the most crude/unrefined to the most refined/sophisticated would be 1.) Germany 2.)Britain and 3.) France. Also, when it comes to accomplishments in both the arts and sciences combined (from 1400-1950) France beats Germany (from the book Human Accomplishment by Charles Murray) :

http://www.miscupload.com/upload/15080826454262901029083.jpg

Styrian Mujo
03-06-2015, 07:35 PM
^
Lol, the Germans conquering Rome? Holy Roman Empire? Prussia(beat up France once with ease, then again in WW1 as Germany)? German industry and highest literacy in Europe in the 1800s(that industry without having the colonial empires of the UK/France)? Germany getting so powerful in the late 1800s/early 1900s the other great powers had to team up to contain her in WW1? Modernizing Japan basing a lot of stuff including laws from Germany?
They achived all that even after hunderds of years of religious wars and dissunity.

Desaix DeBurgh
03-06-2015, 07:46 PM

I think France is more impressive. First of all the only semblance of a German empire was the Holy Roman Empire so both France and Britain are more impressive in this regard. Also, when it comes to culture in order of the most crude/unrefined to the most refined/sophisticated would be 1.) Germany 2.)Britain and 3.) France. Also, when it comes to accomplishments in both the arts and sciences combined (from 1400-1950) France beats Germany (from the book Human Accomplishment by Charles Murray) :

I should add that I realize that Germany had a few colonies, mostly in Africa, but that is not impressive enough for me to call it an empire in the same sense as the British and French empires.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/ce/French_Empire_17th_century-20th_century.png/1280px-French_Empire_17th_century-20th_century.png

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/6d/The_British_Empire_Anachronous.png/1280px-The_British_Empire_Anachronous.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_colonial_empire#mediaviewer/File:Deutsche_Kolonien.PNG

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a7/Deutsche_Kolonien.PNG/1280px-Deutsche_Kolonien.PNG

Jana
03-06-2015, 07:51 PM
Germany crude/unsophisticated :(

Slavs poor, uncivilized :(

Latins lazy thiefs :(

But there is Atlantic facade, otherwise Yurop sucks :)

Volscian
03-06-2015, 07:54 PM
San Marino.

XenophobicPrussian
03-06-2015, 08:05 PM
dats rayciss all races are equal

also ancient Europeans and the ruling classes/inventors were congoid

XenophobicPrussian
03-06-2015, 08:09 PM

About the HRE, I'd argue ruling over large European empires is more of an accomplishment than large colonial empires. Ruling and dominating India is really the only difficult colony the British had to deal with, everything else was easy peasy. For example, Austria preventing Hungary from breaking off is more impressive than the Brits holding some sub-Saharan or native American spear wielding territory.

I'm not arguing Germany is way better than France or anything, I'm just saying.

Although, the HRE was largely feudal(dukes/rulers had a lot of autonomy and self-rule) and Britain had full dominion over her colonies, so.

Linebacker
03-06-2015, 08:18 PM
England is what Im thinking.Well deserved too.

Desaix DeBurgh
03-06-2015, 08:22 PM
dats rayciss all races are equal

also ancient Europeans and the ruling classes/inventors were congoid

Germany, France and Britain are all impressive in this regard and to a lesser extent Italy. All other European nations are peons in this matter. I guess that means the European Union is a good thing because France, Britain and Germany historically have fought a lot. Killing each other is counterproductive to the arts and sciences. Although , war can spur technological improvements. Better those wars be with other nations than between the three mentioned.

Bloodnigger
03-06-2015, 08:22 PM
About the HRE, I'd argue ruling over large European empires is more of an accomplishment than large colonial empires. Ruling and dominating India is really the only difficult colony the British had to deal with, everything else was easy peasy. For example, Austria preventing Hungary from breaking off is more impressive than the Brits holding some sub-Saharan or native American spear wielding territory.

I'm not arguing Germany is way better than France or anything, I'm just saying.

Although, the HRE was largely feudal(dukes/rulers had a lot of autonomy and self-rule) and Britain had full dominion over her colonies, so.

I like pre-Prussian/Willhelmite Germany. I wouldn't argue at all about the strength of the HRE (which was non-existent) but about the affluence of it's more ducal parts, such as Bavaria, that managed to largely halt the wave of retarded modernism stemming from the free imperial cities that also turned ass for the disgusting forces of the French Revolution.

If only Austria hadn't gone the way of imperium, Germany wouldn't have ended up the way it did under Willhelm.

Longbowman
03-06-2015, 08:23 PM
Turkey.

Desaix DeBurgh
03-06-2015, 08:33 PM
About the HRE, I'd argue ruling over large European empires is more of an accomplishment than large colonial empires. Ruling and dominating India is really the only difficult colony the British had to deal with, everything else was easy peasy.

I don't know, dude, one could make the argument that the HRE wasn't a German empire per se but that that certain German terroritories (not all of them were involved) just influenced the most control out of all the entities involved with that state of affairs.

For example, Austria preventing Hungary from breaking off is more impressive than the Brits holding some sub-Saharan or native American spear wielding territory.

It wasn't just native American spear wielders -- the French and the British both had colonies in North America and fought with each other.

XenophobicPrussian
03-06-2015, 08:40 PM
Germany, France and Britain are all impressive in this regard and to a lesser extent Italy. All other European nations are peons in this matter. I guess that means the European Union is a good thing because France, Britain and Germany historically have fought a lot. Killing each other is counterproductive to the arts and sciences. Although , war can spur technological improvements. Better those wars be with other nations than between the three mentioned.
I'd say not having inbred monarchs and foreign merchant class bankers is enough to keep Europe at peace, the EU is not needed at all, lol.

PegLegPeter
09-03-2017, 08:27 PM
Germany.

EuropeanVlachSon
09-03-2017, 08:31 PM

Nope, especially after Brexit.

I would say Germany.
Why? Because even if they are a big country with big economy which gives you haters too, even if they started 2 World Wars, they are still very respected.

Cristiano viejo
10-10-2017, 01:36 PM
Nope, especially after Brexit.

I would say Germany.
Why? Because even if they are a big country with big economy which gives you haters too, even if they started 2 World Wars, they are still very respected.

Very respected by who exactly?

Geni
10-10-2017, 01:47 PM
Italy

Gangrel
10-10-2017, 01:48 PM
Moldova

The Illyrian Warrior
10-10-2017, 02:26 PM
San Marino, I love their long rich history.

Ülev
10-10-2017, 02:54 PM
obviously Latvia, watch movie

https://youtu.be/prRwJq4m3WQ

Longbowman
10-10-2017, 11:26 PM
Very respected by who exactly?

I would say Syrians but

a) very few Syrians actually get that far
b) Germany's Gastarbeitere don't seem to be integrating very well

so the answer is probably 'no one.'

Ouistreham
10-11-2017, 12:55 AM
Britain, France, Germany and Russia might be admired, but are they popular?

Denmark, Austria, Ireland, Greece, Spain and Portugal are popular, but are they admired?

Remains only Italy.
Because they can boast a lot of admirable civilizational achievements, from Latin alphabet to Roman law.
And at the same time I don't think anyone fears them or takes them as a serious contender, which makes them quite popular.

zhaoyun
10-11-2017, 01:41 AM
A lot of them. Probably depends on the context or what they are admired for.

wvwvw
10-11-2017, 02:02 AM
Britain, France, Germany and Russia might be admired, but are they popular?

Denmark, Austria, Ireland, Greece, Spain and Portugal are popular, but are they admired?

Remains only Italy.
Because they can boast a lot of admirable civilizational achievements, from Latin alphabet to Roman law.
And at the same time I don't think anyone fears them or takes them as a serious contender, which makes them quite popular.

Except Roman civilization was build on Greek, your Latin alphabet was really Greek, Romans got their religion from Arcadian Greeks and their constitution from Achean Greeks.

In the context you are putting it Greece is very much admired otherwise classical Greece wouldn't be studied so much nor there would be so many Hollywood movies about ancient Greece. Even in the US military today, they study Thucydydes, Illiad and Odyssey.

In the modern context probably USA is being admired the most and that's also evident from the fact that English is spoken around the world as a second language an anemrican popular culture is spread around the globe.

Fractal
10-11-2017, 02:03 AM
Germany.

Mortimer
10-11-2017, 02:04 AM
A lot of them. Probably depends on the context or what they are admired for.

agree. most european nations are admired, most history is white, which is sad and tragic but true. 200 years ago the world "was totally white" the only nation maybe was japan who was non-white and was seen as honorary.

Fractal
10-11-2017, 02:05 AM
agree. most european nations are admired, most history is white, which is sad and tragic but true. 200 years ago the world "was totally white" the only nation maybe was japan who was non-white and was seen as honorary.

You're free to disagree all you want. But it would easily be Germany.

Mortimer
10-11-2017, 02:06 AM
You're free to disagree all you want. But it would easily be Germany.

germany is one of them for sure, but also italy, france, britain etc. eventhough britain gets shit for colonialism

wvwvw
10-11-2017, 02:14 AM
Spain and Portugal are popular but are also admired for their global Empires. After all their expeditions discovered America.

wvwvw
10-11-2017, 02:18 AM
germany is one of them for sure, but also italy, france, britain etc. eventhough britain gets shit for colonialism

I secretlly admire Romas for their pickpocketing skills and carefree attitude. :D

Mortimer
10-11-2017, 02:19 AM
I secretlly admire Romas for their pickpocketing skills and carefree attitude. :D

if you really do admire them for their romanticised "free spirit" and artistic skills, its cool.

Drawing-slim
10-11-2017, 03:04 AM
Well, according to latest most extensive survey ever done, europe's most admired people are Albanians. This was done in 2017 asking 36 thousand people from asia to south & north America india and middle east. Albanians seem to be the most liakeable out of all europeans. Main reasons given; albanians seem to be the least vain europeans, least racist europeans, while being the oldest Europeans.

Fractal
10-11-2017, 03:08 AM
Well, according to latest most extensive survey ever done, europe's most admired people are Albanians. This was done in 2017 asking 36 thousand people from asia to south & north America india and middle east. Albanians seem to be the most liakeable out of all europeans. Main reasons given; albanians seem to be the least vain europeans, least racist europeans, while being the oldest Europeans.

When will Albania become a world super power?

zhaoyun
10-11-2017, 03:08 AM

Yeah, the West has been dominant for the last 300 years. History goes in cycles though, different civilizations were dominant for different periods of time.

Babak
10-11-2017, 03:17 AM
Yeah, the West has been dominant for the last 300 years. History goes in cycles though, different civilizations were dominant for different periods of time.

I think this one is now permanent though lol

zhaoyun
10-11-2017, 03:24 AM
I think this one is now permanent though lol

No, it's actually quickly receding. World is heading towards a multi polar situation.

Babak
10-11-2017, 03:27 AM
No, it's actually quickly receding. World is heading towards a multi polar situation.

China could be a superpower :D

zhaoyun
10-11-2017, 03:28 AM
China could be a superpower :D

Not could be, it already is. Or will be there within 5 years.

Dick
10-11-2017, 03:31 AM
Not could be, it already is. Or will be there within 5 years.

Make up your mind. Is it already or it will be in 5 years.

zhaoyun
10-11-2017, 03:32 AM
Make up your mind. Is it already or it will be in 5 years.

I would say it's already there as an economic peer. But in other areas, will probably match or rival the US within 5-25 years depending on the context.

Babak
10-11-2017, 03:33 AM
I would say it's already there as an economic peer. But in other areas, will probably match or rival the US within 5-25 years depending on the context.

I don't mind learning chinese. Zhaoyi could you teach us? :P

Hamlet
10-11-2017, 03:34 AM
The most admired European country is probably England though, because we have her.

http://www.kyrackramer.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Queen-Elizabeth-II.jpg

Historically, in the 19th and early 20th century, everybody was jealous of Britain too, which I take to be admiration.

Fractal
10-11-2017, 03:34 AM
Germany is the reason why we have diesel engines, satellites, lager beers, and nuclear or quantum physics -nuclear physics was pioneered in Germany but highly intelligent Jewish scientists developed the bomb.

zhaoyun
10-11-2017, 03:35 AM
I don't mind learning chinese. Zhaoyi could you teach us? :P

Nah, I'm not patient.

Babak
10-11-2017, 03:35 AM
Nah, I'm not patient.

Just what i expected lol

Fractal
10-11-2017, 03:37 AM
Just what i expected lol

What does Iran, China or the USA have to do with this thread?

Drawing-slim
10-11-2017, 03:39 AM
The most admired European country is probably England though, because we have her.

http://www.kyrackramer.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Queen-Elizabeth-II.jpg

Historically, in the 19th and early 20th century, everybody was jealous of Britain too, which I take to be admiration.

How old is she? She looks he same for he last 50 years.

♥ Lily ♥
10-11-2017, 03:50 AM
I see a lot of people from other nations speaking in English online. I mostly listen to English rock and metal music genres, as well as a lot of American and Australian rock and metal bands.

TripAdvisor voted the Alpha++ city of London as the most fun city in Europe with over 300 tourist attractions in one city.

We get a lot of tourists all year round and international students studying English here.

According to the Office for National Statistics (ONS,) the number of foreign visitors arriving in London's numerous airports and St Pancras International train station broke through the 19 million barrier in 2016. https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2016/may/20/london-record-visitor-numbers-2015-31-5-million

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/galleries/the-worlds-most-visited-cities-where-does-london-rank/

There's lots of US, UK, and Australian A-list film stars and top international supermodels and famous singers and entrepreneurs with homes in the UK capital too (London is both the capital of England and the UK,) such as Rosie Huntington Whiteley, Angelina Jolie, Johnny Depp, Beyoncé, Kate Moss, Lily Donaldson, Roxanne Horner, Lily Cole, Lisa-Marie Presley, Sophie Ellis Bextor, Rhianna, Kylie Minogue, Mick Jagger, Sir Richard Branson, Prince William and Kate, David Beckham, Robert Pattinson, Gwen Stefani, Gwyneth Paltrow, Kiera Knightley, etc, etc.

I see no shortage of migrants from all over the globe wanting to live here, despite the high house prices and living costs. When migrants are given EU citizenship from any one of the EU member states, they're free to move and live anywhere they choose within the EU. There's a lot of eastern European migrants living here too. We're an overcrowded island with a population size that's larger than Canada and Australia's populations combined.

London lost the top ranking in the world as the best student city and fell second place to Paris due to the high student costs and living expenses in London, even though London has the highest concentration of universities and leading academies in Europe and plenty of facilities and resources for students, with loads of libraries, free museums, and research centres, etc.

Bankok overtook London last year in 2016 to receive the most international tourists according to the Global Destinations Index by Mastercard. In terms of Europe, London was the most popular place in Europe for international tourists visiting the UK in 2016, followed closely by Paris. https://newsroom.mastercard.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/FINAL-Global-Destination-Cities-Index-Report.pdf

1 Bangkok
2 London
3 Paris
4 Dubai
5 New York

King Claus
10-11-2017, 03:54 AM
The germans, despite all the lies and propaganda that has captured the minds of the world, are the most loving, righteous and peaceful people to have ever existed on the planet.

Iloko
10-11-2017, 03:59 AM
England obviously.

Finnish Swede
10-11-2017, 04:04 AM
Why needs to admire any nations? I do't.

Maybe slightly some individual people as being able to do this and that...but luckily there is't anybody who is ''master'' in everything.

MagnusAurelius
10-11-2017, 05:02 AM
The germans, despite all the lies and propaganda that has captured the minds of the world, are the most loving, righteous and peaceful people to have ever existed on the planet.

They were primitive warlike Barbarians for 1000+ years, this is not propaganda, it is historical fact. Atlanteans were also not Germanic if you assume the Theosophy root race history to be true. Basques are also said to be the closest descendants to Ancient Atlanteans, also not Germanic. You should remove your Atlantis nonsense.

https://www.ancient-atlantis.com/the-basques/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Root_race#The_fourth_root_race_.28Atlantean.29

https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/ciencia_basques02.htm

JMack
10-11-2017, 05:10 AM
Worldwide I would say Germany and Italy are the most popular and admired European nations.

I don't think anyone dislike Germans or Italians collectively.

Kriptc06
10-11-2017, 05:56 AM
I'd say France.

Fractal
10-11-2017, 07:01 AM
They were primitive warlike Barbarians for 1000+ years, this is not propaganda, it is historical fact. Atlanteans were also not Germanic if you assume the Theosophy root race history to be true. Basques are also said to be the closest descendants to Ancient Atlanteans, also not Germanic. You should remove your Atlantis nonsense.

https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/ciencia_basques02.htm

You wish. My family friend is employed with BMW and he's been to Munich about 6 times.

The country is far more advanced than Italy and the USA in terms of human development, organization, and technological development. BMW is even paying for him to get a master's in automotive engineering at USC (University of South Carolina) whom they partner with, and they even loaned him a BMW 550xi, although he used to drive some piece of shit Jap rice rocket.

Kouros
10-11-2017, 07:25 AM
You wish. My family friend is employed with BMW and he's been to Munich about 6 times.

The country is far more advanced than Italy and the USA in terms of human development, organization, and technological development. BMW is even paying for him to get a master's in automotive engineering at USC (University of South Carolina) whom they partner with, and they even loaned him a BMW 550xi, although he used to drive some piece of shit Jap rice rocket.

what the fuck does this have to do with anything

Fractal
10-11-2017, 07:28 AM

If you knew the relationship between that magnus and I you'd understand. But you're right nothing relevant to the thread.

Fractal
10-11-2017, 07:53 AM

Actually more than you think.

BMW wouldn't be so stupid as to hire Greek engineers, they want high performance reliable driving machines and they also want to satisfy their shareholders.

Kouros
10-11-2017, 08:24 AM
Actually more than you think.

BMW wouldn't be so stupid as to hire Greek engineers, they want high performance reliable driving machines and they also want to satisfy their shareholders.

Hahahaha, Sir Alec Issigonis (a stupid Greek) invented the mini himself in 1960 and guess under what company the MINI subsidiary exists today? Yup, BMW. Former BMW president Camillo Castiglioni was an important developer of BMW AG in it's early years, want to take a shot at his ethnicity?

Hope your family friend enjoys slaving away to impress his med masters though, I'm sure they pay him good. Maybe one day he will be 'stupid' enough to be on Issigonis or Castiglioni's level.

The Illyrian Warrior
10-11-2017, 08:35 AM

Hahaha, bro you know that's not true but still funny. :D

Sandman
10-11-2017, 08:36 AM
I most admire swiss.

Cristiano viejo
10-11-2017, 11:16 AM
Spain and Portugal are popular but are also admired for their global Empires. After all their expeditions discovered America.
:thumb001:

We changed the world, probably like no one did ever.

I would say at least 500 years, since the discovery of America.

At least, I repeat...

Brás Garcia de Mascarenhas
10-11-2017, 11:29 AM
Impossible to pick only one. These are in my opinion the major European nations that shaped and created the Western world as we know it today:

Greece
Italy
Spain
Portugal
England
France
Germany

Sebastianus Rex
10-11-2017, 12:19 PM
Impossible to pick only one. These are in my opinion the major European nations that shaped and created the Western world as we know it today:

Greece
Italy
Spain
Portugal
England
France
Germany

In History line I would put like this:

Greece (the mother of classic european/mediterranean civilization) ---» Rome (continuation and expansion of classic civilization) ----» Germanic tribes (after the collapse of Roman West Empire) established the kingdoms that originated most modern European nations ----» France/Carolingian Empire (unified and established definitely the concept and principles of Western civilization, stopped the muslim expansion) ---» Portugal & Spain (started the Age of Discoveries and European global expansionism & supremacy) ---» England (took european expanisionism/supremacy to new heights, and was the core of the Industrial revolution). After, especially after 2 World Wars, W. Europe entered in a decline of power and influence, became largely replaced by the USA.

zhaoyun
10-11-2017, 03:31 PM
:thumb001:

We changed the world, probably like no one did ever.

I would say at least 500 years, since the discovery of America.

At least, I repeat...

From 1500 to 1700, the West was in its exploration stage but had not surpassed or dominated the older civilizations yet.

TEUTORIGOS
10-11-2017, 03:43 PM
Italy? Be allied with them and you change your mind! :D

A German Joke from WWII Illustrating Some Points Concerning the Italian Character: During the campaign in North Africa, an Italian tank and a German tank accidentally collided and the two surprised drivers jumped out. The Italian yelled, "I surrender! I surrender!" The German shot him.

TEUTORIGOS
10-11-2017, 03:46 PM
I'd go with Germany

"It seems to me as good as certain that we cannot get the upper hand against England. The English — the best race in the world — cannot lose! We, however, can lose and shall lose, if not this year then next year. The thought that our race is going to be beaten depresses me terribly, because I am completely German. " -- Ludwig Wittgenstein WWI quote.

Germans never were able to get the upper hand on the English.

http://afflictor.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/lw22.jpg

Arduti
10-11-2017, 03:53 PM
I'd have to say the two Frankish nations, which I consider two parts of a whole:

French
Germans/Allemanis

I don't deny Romance popularity, but they weren't as admired by non-Romance populations as the French/Germanic peoples were admired by others.

Longbowman
10-11-2017, 05:32 PM
Germans are by an large an extremely unsuccessful race with only the power to destroy. Germans are disliked by much of Europe because of its perceived role in the EU currently, and also for historic reasons by many people.

MinervaItalica
10-11-2017, 05:55 PM
A German Joke from WWII Illustrating Some Points Concerning the Italian Character: During the campaign in North Africa, an Italian tank and a German tank accidentally collided and the two surprised drivers jumped out. The Italian yelled, "I surrender! I surrender!" The German shot him.

http://media0.faz.net/ppmedia/aktuell/1120583456/1.2014364/article_multimedia_overview/geschmackliche-unbedarftheit.jpg

OT: Italy i think, you know, Renaissance and Roman Empire plus all the famous painters, saints, inventors etc... :D

magyar_lány
10-11-2017, 05:59 PM
Germans are by an large an extremely unsuccessful race with only the power to destroy. Germans are disliked by much of Europe because of its perceived role in the EU currently, and also for historic reasons by many people.

I understand Jews don't like them, but I have no idea other nations why hate them.

I think most popular nations are French & Italians.

King Claus
10-11-2017, 06:06 PM

https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/ciencia_basques02.htm You are full of your self.
"Julius Evola's writing in 1934 also suggested that the Atlanteans were Hyperborean, Nordic supermen who originated at the North Pole (see Thule). Similarly, Alfred Rosenberg (in The Myth of the Twentieth Century, 1930) spoke of a "Nordic-Atlantean" or "Aryan-Nordic" master race." You only think mud people can be super humans because you, like all dark people, have a god complex that they need to take care of. It actually comes from your own fear to be inferior, which you perfectly are.

Longbowman
10-11-2017, 06:12 PM
"Julius Evola's writing in 1934 also suggested that the Atlanteans were Hyperborean, Nordic supermen who originated at the North Pole (see Thule). Similarly, Alfred Rosenberg (in The Myth of the Twentieth Century, 1930) spoke of a "Nordic-Atlantean" or "Aryan-Nordic" master race."

WE WUZ KANGZ!!!

Arduti
10-11-2017, 06:23 PM
The Germanic way was revered and feared by the Romans themselves, various Slavic nations adopted their ways too. The Germanic way was adopted by Scandinavian nations and even Britannia and the rest of the UK via the Saxons....

I prefer the Semitic way, but I think the pervasiveness of Frankish tribes in Europe (and beyond) cannot be understated. It's not about stroking the pride of Allemagne, it's about being honest to properly assess a threat, and arguably, to understand prophecies relating to tribes.

kingjohn
10-11-2017, 06:48 PM
I understand Jews don't like them, but I have no idea other nations why hate them.

I think most popular nations are French & Italians.

i am glad that you understand
but some of the moors in the forum don't
with anti-semite attacks that i never experienced in my 32 years of my life.
but here we are me longbow hamlet i have message to all haters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNX0-tCfpCk
alive and kicking....... :thumb001:

kingjohn
10-11-2017, 07:18 PM
me -maximus
moors of the forum - Gallic gladiator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTmlYKiLBHI

we shall overcome :)

wvwvw
10-11-2017, 07:48 PM
You are full of your self.
"Julius Evola's writing in 1934 also suggested that the Atlanteans were Hyperborean, Nordic supermen who originated at the North Pole (see Thule). Similarly, Alfred Rosenberg (in The Myth of the Twentieth Century, 1930) spoke of a "Nordic-Atlantean" or "Aryan-Nordic" master race." You only think mud people can be super humans because you, like all dark people, have a god complex that they need to take care of. It actually comes from your own fear to be inferior, which you perfectly are.

Britain was known as Hyperborea. The Hyperboreans/original Britons were Greek colonists (they paid tribute to Apollo's temple every year), Illyrians and Celts. The original Britons were descended from the Trojans and Spartans and according to Geoffrey of Monmouth, thy dspoke "Trojan" or "Rough Greek".

Also the Prytaneis (πρυτάνεις; sing.: πρύτανις prytanis) were the executives of the boule of ancient Athens (who Diodorus says the Hyperboreans had an affinity with), so the use of the term may have also been applied to the the kings and supervisors of the sacred precinct with the same meaning and then been corrupted to Britani. These priests may have actually come from Athens, since the word exists no no other other indo-Eropean language and may have a common Tryhennian origin.

Brutus also when though Tryhennia, northern Greece and Sparta (where he married the king's daughter) before he went to Britain, and there was also and Spartan king called Prytanis (later than Brutus). Hyperborea was also the place when the Greek myth of Medusa and Perseas took place. Even the British hill figures https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hill_figure confirm the story about Perseus traveling to Hyperboria to kill Medusa and Chrysaor and Pegasus springing from her dead body.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cerne_Abbas_Giant
"A 1996 study found that some features have changed over time, concluding that the figure originally held a cloak in its left arm and stood over a disembodied head."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uffington_White_Horse

Atlantis was a combination of Britain which fits Plato's dimensions for it's length and width and being beyond the Pillars of Herakles, North and South America which fits Plato's description as regards being the size of Europe and Asia put together, and which already had trade links with Egypt, and of Santorini 4/5 of which was annihilated by the eruption.

The story in Plato was centered around Athens which means it corresponds to the Athenian version of the battle of the gods and giants. Other versions of the battle of the gods and giants place it in the same location that the battle of Ragnarok took place in Macedonia/Mygdonia (probable source for the name of Midgard) which was south of Jotunheim (Balkans). The terms Jotunheim and the Giants probably pertain to the migration of the Ionians into the main part of Greece from the north.

It's also the source of the story of Noah's flood, Noah being both th thAt enian king Ogygus and the Roman kind e Ath same king)(. The fact that this story still existed in Egypt in 570 BC would imply that the bible was based on Egyptian sources.

The references to the Atlantians conquering Europe and reaching all the way to Egypt refer to the Hyksos.

Stonehenge was a temple to Apollo according to Diodorus, and Hyperborea was Britain. .
"Diodorus 2.47 1 Now for our part, since we have seen fit to make
mention of the regions of Asia which lie to the north, we feel that it
will not be foreign to our purpose to discuss the legendary accounts of
the Hyperboreans. Of those who have written about the ancient myths,
Hecataeus and certain others say that in the regions beyond the land of
the Celts there lies in the ocean an island no smaller than Sicily. This
island, the account continues, is situated in the north and is inhabited
by the Hyperboreans, who are called by that name because their home is
beyond the point whence the north wind (Boreas) blows; and the island is
both fertile and productive of every crop, and since it has an unusually
temperate climate it produces two harvests each year. 2 Moreover, the
following legend is told concerning it: Leto was born on this island,
and for that reason Apollo is honoured among them above all other gods;
and the inhabitants are looked upon as priests of Apollo, after a
manner, since daily they praise this god continuously in song and honour
him exceedingly. And there is also on the island both a magnificent
sacred precinct of Apollo and a notable temple which is adorned with
many votive offerings and is spherical in shape. 3 Furthermore, a city
is there which is sacred to this god, and the majority of its
inhabitants are players on the cithara; and these continually play on
this instrument in the temple and sing hymns of praise to the god,
glorifying his deeds."

"4 The Hyperboreans also have a language, we informed, which is peculiar
to them, and are most friendly disposed towards the Greeks, and
especially towards the Athenians and the Delians, who have inherited
this good-will from most ancient times. The myth also relates that
certain Greeks visited the Hyperboreans and left behind them there
costly votive offerings bearing inscriptions in Greek letters. 5 And in
the same way Abaris, a Hyperborean, came p41to Greece in ancient times
and renewed the good-will and kinship of his people to the Delians. They
say also that the moon, as viewed from this island, appears to be but a
little distance from the earth and to have upon it prominences, like
those of the earth, which are visible to the eye. 6 The account is also
given that the god visits the island every nineteen years, the period in
which the return of the stars to the same place in the heavens is
accomplished; and for this reason the nineteen-year period is called by
the Greeks the "year of Meton." At the time of this appearance of the
god he both plays on the cithara and dances continuously the night
through from the vernal equinox until the rising of the Pleiades,
expressing in this manner his delight in his successes. And the kings of
this city and the supervisors of the sacred precinct are called
Boreadae, since they are descendants of Boreas, and the succession to
these positions is always kept in their family."

Diodorus in this instance is using the account of Hekataeus c.500 BC. Later on using Roman sources he identifies Brutus as the eponymous founder of Britain.

Stonehenge is the 'spherical' temple to Apollo the god of the Sun which is known to be aligned with the sun on Midsummer's and Midwinter's Day. Other similar temples aligned with the Sun also exist all the way to the north. "Hakadoncheri" comes from the same root as the Latin "Pentaconter", One Hundred Hands = Fifty Oars

The Greek word for Crane was "Cyclope".

The original Britons of 1700 BC were the Hyperboreans according to Hesiod who was in a better position to know, and these originated from the people expelled with the Hakadoncheris, "50 oared ships" and Cyclopes "massive stone moving cranes and war engines" from the Balkans. Therefore they were Hellene-Italo-Illyro-Celts.

The expulsion of the Hakadoncheris to Hyperborea took place in 1700 BC, hence this is a myth about a Celtic colonisation of Britain.

There is plenty of archeological evidence to back this up since the techniques used to build Phase III of Stonehenge, the stone circle, were exactly the same as those used by the Mycenaens. The date of this phase2550-1600 fits in perfectly with a date of 1700 BC for the expulsion andimprisonment of the Hakadoncheris and Cyclopes. The original recorders of
the story the myth was based on may have even travelled to Britain in their Hekatoncheris or Pentakonters and seen the stone circle and described it as looking like prison bars with huge Cyclopes or Cranes in the middle.

Drawing-slim
10-12-2017, 03:06 AM
Hahaha, bro you know that's not true but still funny. :D

It's true. The survay asked educated people. 99% of chinese people over the age of 40 voted for albanians.

The Illyrian Warrior
10-12-2017, 06:03 PM
It's true. The survay asked educated people. 99% of chinese people over the age of 40 voted for albanians.

Hahahahahahahahahaha, your posts are extremely funny man, we should meet one day for a drink. xD

Balmung
10-12-2017, 10:29 PM
France, Spain and Italy i'd wager since they get the most tourist and in this country people are obsessed with their cities and culture. Then it would probably be Germany or UK.

Longbowman
10-14-2017, 10:05 AM
France, Spain and Italy i'd wager since they get the most tourist and in this country people are obsessed with their cities and culture. Then it would probably be Germany or UK.

Sure but Turkey gets more tourists than almost anywhere, not because it's beloved, but because it's warm and cheap. Same with Spain (speaking from a British/N. Euro perspective). A million Brits live in Spain and none even speak Spanish.

Balmung
10-14-2017, 11:02 AM
Sure but Turkey gets more tourists than almost anywhere, not because it's beloved, but because it's warm and cheap. Same with Spain (speaking from a British/N. Euro perspective). A million Brits live in Spain and none even speak Spanish.

That might be true, but I never hear anyone speaking of Istanbul or the Turkish language in such a romanticized way. Bitches here love Paris. Of course, you being British I know this is hard to accept. To find that bitches in your former colony are infatuated with your rival. I'm not much of a therapist, but......we can talk about it, if you want. I'm here.

Longbowman
10-14-2017, 11:06 AM
That might be true, but I never hear anyone speaking of Istanbul or the Turkish language in such a romanticized way. Bitches here love Paris. Of course, you being British I know this is hard to accept. To find that bitches in your former colony are infatuated with your rival. I'm not much of a therapist, but......we can talk about it, if you want. I'm here.

The parallel I would draw here is your crazy ex-girlfriend who killed your dog and tried to have sex with the cardboard cutout of Darth Vader you keep in storage from when you were 10 declaring she wants to fuck that weird guy who lives on the corner and collects other people's toenails. I know it's going to end up poorly for toenail dude, but I don't like him enough to warn him, and I don't care enough about the crazy ex to get emotionally invested either way.

Gold-Shekel
10-14-2017, 11:15 AM
Turkey, especially in the Ottoman era. They have built more than they have destroyed which cannot be said about other European nations.

Balmung
10-14-2017, 11:20 AM
The parallel I would draw here is your crazy ex-girlfriend who killed your dog and tried to have sex with the cardboard cutout of Darth Vader you keep in storage from when you were 10 declaring she wants to fuck that weird guy who lives on the corner and collects other people's toenails. I know it's going to end up poorly for toenail dude, but I don't like him enough to warn him, and I don't care enough about the crazy ex to get emotionally invested either way.

Bullshit bro. I never watched a Star Wars film in my life. That's atleast 45% nerd give or take. I'm 3% at best.

Cristiano viejo
10-14-2017, 11:54 AM

But they are not considered tourists but immigrants living in Spain.

The data are what they are, after France Spain is the most visited country in the world, and the cheap argument is quite poor. If that was the reason then tourists would go to Tunis, Morocco, Portugal or Croatia.

Longbowman
10-14-2017, 11:55 AM
Bullshit bro. I never watched a Star Wars film in my life. That's atleast 45% nerd give or take. I'm 3% at best.

Your country is majority nerd, you were the people who came up with Star Wars, so the analogy would be appropriate even if you were the protagonist in it, rather than the crazy ex, which is what you are.

Longbowman
10-14-2017, 11:57 AM

The data are what they are, after France Spain is the most visited country in the world, and the cheap argument is quite poor. If that was the reason then tourists would go to Tunis, Morocco, Portugal or Croatia.

Tunis is dangerous and Portugal is small. Tourists per capita should be taken into account. There are too many variables for this. We all know the reason British and European tourists go to Magaluf, Ibiza and the Greek islands...

King Claus
10-14-2017, 11:57 AM
If you're talking about ethnic and patriotic europeans, definitely the Germans.

Balmung
10-14-2017, 12:06 PM
Your country is majority nerd, you were the people who came up with Star Wars, so the analogy is appropriate.

You guys created Lord of the Rings, Harry potter and Narnia. It doesn't get more nerd than that my friend. Actually, your nerds paved the way in part for Science Fiction/Fantasy. It was your nerd that rubbed off on us. Even still, the chad in the American people lives on. We reject your LOTR and came up with a more suitable, a more chad GoT.

DarknessWin
10-14-2017, 12:17 PM
England in Modern Europe,
Greece-Italy in the old Europe

Balmung
10-14-2017, 12:28 PM

Guys, guys chill out. Let's be honest here for a moment, the correct answer is America since 1776. That might change in a few decades or so if we continue going the way we're going.

Wilhelm O.
10-14-2017, 12:49 PM
Depending on what exactly do you mean, I'd be inclined to say Spartans or the Greek in general.

Cristiano viejo
10-14-2017, 02:04 PM
Tunis is dangerous and Portugal is small. Tourists per capita should be taken into account. There are too many variables for this. We all know the reason British and European tourists go to Magaluf, Ibiza and the Greek islands...

To behave like animals, yeah.