PDA

View Full Version : Cultural shock...

Rastko
01-30-2013, 08:51 AM
...I've experienced in Muslim parts of Bosnia.

Who would say we live in such close proximity ,3-4h of car ride?

Hurrem sultana
01-30-2013, 08:52 AM
sta je bilo?

archangel
01-30-2013, 08:56 AM
really so you saying your über european country is soo different than bosnia?i think you are exaggerate

Rastko
01-30-2013, 08:57 AM
Don't know I just had a strange feeling in my guts.

You know Minarets,Hodža singing Ezan,Bearded guys with occasional Burqa girls.

Then accordion folk songs blasting from every corner,taxi cab.

Smoking in restaurants.

Gypsies working at Čevabdžinica.

People were kind,too kind actually when they've heard where I'm from.

Total lack of driving manners,no street signs.

No bills,pay the price whatever it is.

And so on...

Hurrem sultana
01-30-2013, 08:59 AM

Smoking in restaurants.

And so on...

why did you go to some village :D

Rastko
01-30-2013, 09:02 AM
why did you go to some village :D

Haha, I was in villages but my post was mainly about towns.

Capajebo, doesn't seem so multicultural to me,it appeared very monocultural.

alfieb
01-30-2013, 09:03 AM
It must be strange, people who are biologically your kin, who speak your language, but who are so different.

My closest kin in terms of language and culture are Calabrese and Maltese, and they share my religion, so I cannot grasp how it made you feel, but I'm sure it was not pleasant.

Hurrem sultana
01-30-2013, 09:03 AM
Haha, I was in villages but my post was mainly about towns.

Capajebo, doesn't seem so multicultural to me,it appeared very monocultural.

Sarajevo is not multicultural,they say it only when they need to say it:picard1: a town that is 95% bosniak cant be multiculti

Methmatician
01-30-2013, 09:05 AM
You know Minarets,Hodža singing Ezan

Did you expect something else from Muslims?

The accordion doesn't exist in Croatia?

They want your money.

Total lack of driving manners

Macedonia's worse.

Hurrem sultana
01-30-2013, 09:05 AM
It must be strange, people who are biologically your kin, who speak your language, but who are so different.

My closest kin in terms of language and culture are Calabrese and Maltese, and they share my religion, so I cannot grasp how it made you feel, but I'm sure it was not pleasant.

Imagine then how it is for me when i come to Zagreb and see nuns,churches,,,instead of imams,mosques :(

Rastko
01-30-2013, 09:06 AM

Don't get me wrong,like I'm trying to represent myself as an alien or something but drastic differences were evident and they've struck me like a thunderbolt.

Moreover,to be honest my face and composure fit better there.

Mans not hot
01-30-2013, 09:07 AM
You guys need a good cry.

alfieb
01-30-2013, 09:09 AM
Imagine then how it is for me when i come to Zagreb and see nuns,churches,,,instead of imams,mosques :(

I mean no disrespect, but your people were the ones who abandoned their faith, not his.

And Bosnia has always been multi-cultural, whereas Croatia is not. So you should be more used to priests and churches than he is to minarets and hijabs.

Hurrem sultana
01-30-2013, 09:10 AM
I mean no disrespect, but your people were the ones who abandoned their faith, not his.

And Bosnia has always been multi-cultural, whereas Croatia is not. So you should be more used to priests and churches than he is to minarets and hijabs.

Welll before christianity they left their slavic religion,so:bored:

multiculti but not mixed(except few big towns)

Rastko
01-30-2013, 09:11 AM
You guys need a good cry.

:confused:

Did you expect something else from Muslims?

The accordion doesn't exist in Croatia?

They want your money.

Macedonia's worse.

1.Not really,but I tought it was more subtle.

2.It exists,but it's not in ''harmonijska ljestvica'' played.

3.I realised that.

4.Croatia is bad also but it's better regulated at least. Don't know about Macedonia never been there.

alfieb
01-30-2013, 09:12 AM
Welll before christianity they left their slavic religion,so:bored:

multiculti but not mixed(except few big towns)

All South Slavs became Christian during Roman Empire.

Only Bosniaks became Muslim during Ottoman Empire. That is the difference.

Methmatician
01-30-2013, 09:12 AM

You'd feel ashamed of your ancestors decision to destroy their own culture?

Hurrem sultana
01-30-2013, 09:13 AM
You'd feel ashamed of your ancestors decision to destroy their own culture?

My culture was bogomil not catholic

Hurrem sultana
01-30-2013, 09:14 AM
All South Slavs became Christian during Roman Empire.

Only Bosniaks became Muslim during Ottoman Empire. That is the difference.

so? not true you have few slavic muslim groups in other countries as well

Rastko
01-30-2013, 09:15 AM

Please don't turn this thread into debunking that theory.

PLEASE.

Hurrem sultana
01-30-2013, 09:15 AM
Please don't turn this thread into debunking that theory.

PLEASE.

lets just talk about what else you did not like about Bosnia?

Rastko
01-30-2013, 09:17 AM
lets just talk about what else you did not like about Bosnia?

Nothing.

I actually liked a lot of things.

Maybe too many ''monkey-like'' faces.

Methmatician
01-30-2013, 09:18 AM
1.Not really,but I tought it was more subtle.

It is quite subtle. You just notice it a lot because you hardly see them (I'm assuming you live in Croatia).

2.It exists,but it's not in ''harmonijska ljestvica'' played.

Fair enough.

4.Croatia is bad also but it's better regulated at least. Don't know about Macedonia never been there.

Well I was only in Macedonia once, but the drivers were pretty reckless as well.

Hurrem sultana
01-30-2013, 09:19 AM
Nothing.

I actually liked a lot of things.

Maybe too many ''monkey-like'' faces.

what do you mean with "monkey-face"???

alfieb
01-30-2013, 09:19 AM
so?

Many of my own ancestors were Greek Orthodox. I do not look at Greeks or Orthodox as strange or bad just because I am Sicilian-speaking Roman Catholic. That would be shunning my heritage.

He can look at Muslim culture in former Yugoslavia as strange as it is alien to him, but for you, Christians in former Yugoslavia are your own heritage and your own neighbors in BiH.

Methmatician
01-30-2013, 09:20 AM

It's unlikely that all your ancestors were either Bogomil, pagan or Muslim. Chances are you have Catholic and Orthodox ancestors as well.

Rastko
01-30-2013, 09:21 AM
what do you mean with "monkey-face"???

Ugly guys browsing city center .

But I guess that's the case with many bigger towns.

Methmatician
01-30-2013, 09:22 AM
He can look at Muslim culture in former Yugoslavia as strange as it is alien to him, but for you, Christians in former Yugoslavia are your own heritage and your own neighbors in BiH.

In Croatia it's strange. In the Former Yugoslavia it's not because it has existed there for 500 years. I'm pretty sure that's enough time for people to get used to it.

Hurrem sultana
01-30-2013, 09:22 AM
Ugly guys browsing city center .

But I guess that's the case with many bigger towns.

no ugly guys in croatia? :s

Rastko
01-30-2013, 09:23 AM
no ugly guys in croatia? :s

Yeah, but they don't strut so much,I guess...I don't look at the guys that much FFS :D

archangel
01-30-2013, 09:34 AM
rastko i would like to have some hawt croatian girls:)

Rastko
01-30-2013, 09:37 AM
rastko i would like to have some hawt croatian girls:)

Get a haircut.

archangel
01-30-2013, 09:38 AM
why croatian girls dont like long haired,bearded,barbarian looking dudes?

Rastko
01-30-2013, 09:40 AM
why croatian girls dont like long haired,bearded,barbarian looking dudes?

Maybe,but ''hippie Jesus'' look is not their cup of tea.

archangel
01-30-2013, 09:42 AM
lol i dont look like a hippie people its getting ridiculous.

Rastko
01-30-2013, 09:46 AM

Maybe it is because of your ''I'm high as fuck'' smile?

Anyways,don't turn this thread into ''Why Croatian girl will like archangel?''.

Peyrol
01-30-2013, 09:47 AM

Another dimostration how senseless was united Jugoslavia.

Hurrem sultana
01-30-2013, 09:50 AM
Another dimostration how senseless was united Jugoslavia.

Yu was multicultural

Rastko
01-30-2013, 10:01 AM
On the other hand, I had one of the best night-outs there.

People are much more open and easy-going,telling funny jokes.

Accent alone cracks me up sometimes.

Some nice looking girls in the clubs,nicely dressed.

No police at all,here in Croatia we suffer big repression, you can't even get drunk like a man without police asking for your documents.

derLowe
01-30-2013, 10:08 AM

I can sympathies. Muslim Parts of Durban look like very alien to me .

Onur
01-30-2013, 12:44 PM
It's unlikely that all your ancestors were either Bogomil, pagan or Muslim. Chances are you have Catholic and Orthodox ancestors as well.
No, there is not even single record of catholic or orthodox groups converting as muslims en mass in 15-16th century. Instead, we have several historical records of Bogomils converting to islam. There are even drawings and illustrations which depicts Bogomil clergies converting to islam. These illustrations has been drawn by catholics and ortohodx scholars.

If large number of people from catholic or orthodox communities would convert to islam, do you really think the churches wouldn't write anything about this event? They would surely note it down because they even wrote things like priests who fallen ill in 15th century, suffering from diarrhea!

Tough, if you talk about recent mixed marriages during Yugoslav era, then thats another case.

Methmatician
01-30-2013, 01:06 PM
No, there is not even single record of catholic or orthodox groups converting as muslims en mass in 15-16th century.

There's the Sokolović's, as well as Mustafa-Beg Hercekoglu and Ali-Beg Hercekoglu. But these are just a few. And concerning the Bogomils, it's not sure exactly what happened to all of them, but the nobles mostly converted to Islam. I'm pretty certain those are the only recorded cases of conversion to Islam from Bogomilism. If you're aware of historical documents that show large populations of Bosnian Bogomils converted to Islam, then please share.

Permafrost
01-30-2013, 01:35 PM
TBH I doubt I would experience a cultural shock if I went to Bosnia :D

Twistedmind
01-30-2013, 01:38 PM
No, there is not even single record of catholic or orthodox groups converting as muslims en mass in 15-16th century.
:bored:
Acctually we do so fend off. I could even cite you Bosniak historians on that matter.

Instead, we have several historical records of Bogomils converting to islam. There are even drawings and illustrations which depicts Bogomil clergies converting to islam. These illustrations has been drawn by catholics and ortohodx scholars.

I never heard for such thing. I would like to see your sources if you dont mind.

iNird
01-30-2013, 01:44 PM
Have you been to Serbia? Have you experienced a "culture shock" there?

IMO you saw a few Mosques, a few wahabbis and you felt out of place. Which is understandable........

Hurrem sultana
01-30-2013, 01:49 PM
There's the Sokolović's, as well as Mustafa-Beg Hercekoglu and Ali-Beg Hercekoglu. But these are just a few. And concerning the Bogomils, it's not sure exactly what happened to all of them, but the nobles mostly converted to Islam. I'm pretty certain those are the only recorded cases of conversion to Islam from Bogomilism. If you're aware of historical documents that show large populations of Bosnian Bogomils converted to Islam, then please share.

Sokolovic was taken as a kid and converted,thats not same as families converting en masse and villages becoming muslim in one night

I already wrote how ottomans have written down that the first muslims followed a weird islam,mentioning a hajji that came back to Bosnia from hajj with a talisman in arabic and one bogomil,this was very common in the first 100 years after conversion to islam especially in vilages which then made the muslims in town call the villagers as "poturi " meaning half muslims(which was wrong as they did all that because of not knowing better).later on it just came to mean villager,in hevai uskufis lexikon poturica is simply translated as "villager"

Hurrem sultana
01-30-2013, 02:02 PM

IMO you saw a few Mosques, a few wahabbis and you felt out of place. Which is understandable........

During good old Titos time there was ezan in all mosques,and we had a few in Croatia

they are just trying to look western :D its pathethic sometimes :D

its not like we became islamic yesterday,mosques have been here last 600 years

Rastko
01-30-2013, 07:35 PM
TBH I doubt I would experience a cultural shock if I went to Bosnia :D

Yeah,Slovenia is 50% Bosnian. :D

I've never really visited Serbia or predominately Serb areas such as RS and Montenegro.

During good old Titos time there was ezan in all mosques,and we had a few in Croatia

they are just trying to look western :D its pathethic sometimes :D

Not really.

And I'm not trying anything I know who I am and who my forefathers were.

Hurrem sultana
01-30-2013, 07:36 PM
Yeah,Slovenia is 50% Bosnian.

When an slovenian guy turns 18 he goes to Bosnia to find his father :D

Lena
01-30-2013, 08:02 PM

lol! How Serbia came into this topic :D? There are many Croats who are visiting regularly my city and I guess they like it here :noidea:
Now, Nird, you know what is cultural shock? When I first went to the States and realized that at least half of the people have no idea how to use a silverware! No, no and no, there are no beasts on a plates!

@ Regent

Hvala, u neku ruku me je interesovalo kako bi neko ko ne pripada tom Muslimanskom 'kruzoku' doziveo isti.

Permafrost
01-30-2013, 08:12 PM
Yeah,Slovenia is 50% Bosnian. :D

Yes, and oh boy how lucky we are for that :D Nothing beats the sound of muezims and the smell of čevapi in the morning :coffee:

Onur
01-30-2013, 08:26 PM
Here is an article of a Bosnian historian from MS. university, USA. He is talking about several sources here, from Turkish sources and Catholic ones talking about Bogomils converting to islam en masse;

The anarchy in the political situation had been a result of the feudal division of Bosnia among the king and almost independent landlords. Also, the outrage among the poulation itself deepened as the last few kings began assaults on the followers of the Bosnian Church and tried to impose Catholicism by force. At the time of the arrival of the Ottomans, the memories of suffering and persecutions were still fresh, particularly in rural areas where the Bosnian Church had its stronghold. Furthermore, the economic status of the population was very difficult. The position of peasants in the feudal system has been considerably harder than their subsequent position as the reaya under the Ottomans. Likewise, the policies applied by the Ottomans to those who peacefully accepted their rule were very much in favor of both political and religious associations. The Ottomans accepted a good number of petty nobility and the army, leaving them their original land plots as timars.

The conversion to Islam of petty nobles served as a positive example to poor peasants who saw in it not only a way to escape the religious brutality but also a hope for a better economic status. As has been mentioned earlier, the Ottomans abolished their feudal status and proclaimed them reaya, which had a powerful effect particularly in the area where there were many petty landlords and thus numerous peasants (e.g. Slavonia, north of the Sava river). There, a good number of peasants converted into Islam already after the first contacts with the Ottomans. The bisho of Zagreb, Simun Erdedi, wrote on November 24, 1536, "I can safely confirm that after the conquest of Brod, more than 40,000 people abandoned Christianity, in addition to those who were taken as slaves. More and more people are doing so, hoping that they will enjoy more peaceful times in what remains of their life....". Ten days later he wrote to King Ferdinand the following: "Unfortunately, these poor people are accepting Muhammadan faith out of despair, denouncing the faith of Christ the Saviour. So much so that my own vassals in the land of Sopja Fortress are leaving me, accepting the authority of the Turks".

There can be no doubt that all these motives and causes presented a strong moving force in the conversion process in Bosnia. They all can fall into four categorites: one, unstable political and social circumstances in pre-Ottoman times; two, economic advantages granted to new Muslims by the sharia and kanuns; three, dissatisfaction and resistance of the followers of the Bosnian Church to the Christian maintstream thought which they were forced to follow -- even though some sources indicate that they did so only formally --, and four, certain common points between the Bogomil and Muslim creeds.

The Jannisary Codex mentions that a good number of Bogomils submitted to Hemhed II and accepted Islam during the Sultan's visit to the city of Jajce in 1463. here is what the Codex says: "... When Mehmed-Han, the conqueror of Constant9inople, came to Bosnia, both common people (reaya) and higher classes (beraya) came to greet him en masse, and touching his garment they spontaneously accepted Islam". It is quite well known that the decases before Mehmed's arrival (during the reign of Stjepan Tomasevic) had been marked by a brutal persecution of the Bogomils as a consequence of the papal victory over the Bosnian nobility.

These persecutions were the main reason for such a welcome of Mehmed II. Nevertheless, we must emphasize that the ottoman census does not speak of such a rapid conversoin in the early times, but of a relatively slow and steady spread of Islam in Bosnia.

It is also known that after the fall of Bosnia in 1463, the petty nobility and city administrators willingly surrendered their possessions to the Ottomans. Most of them converted to Islam. Thus, the census of 1468 registered 14 sipahis as "new Muslim", and explicitly noted that Isa-Bali "surrendered the city of Samobor and converted to Islam".

http://coursesa.matrix.msu.edu/~fisher/bosnia/readings/Handzic1.html

Here is a miniature drawn by catholics in 15th century, named as “Conversion of a Heretic Priest”, which depicts Bogomil leader and his followers converting to islam;
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2011/2241/1600/%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3 F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%20%3F%3F%3F%3F%20%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F% 3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%20%3F %3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3 F%3F%3F%3F%3F.%20%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F %3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%20%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F.% 3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F %3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%20%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F,% 20%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F.jpg

Bogomils was going to be extinct like Arians and Cathars because of massacres done to them by both catholic and orthodoxs. They saved their own lives by converting to islam and made a fresh start in Ottoman empire. Probably this was the only choice to survive for them.

Hurrem sultana
01-30-2013, 08:30 PM
Yes, and oh boy how lucky we are for that :D Nothing beats the sound of muezims and the smell of čevapi in the morning :coffee:

you dont have any ezan:picard1:

Twistedmind
01-30-2013, 08:32 PM
Here is a miniature drawn by catholics in 15th century, named as “Conversion of a Heretic Priest”, which depicts Bogomil leaders converting to islam for the first time;
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2011/2241/1600/%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3 F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%20%3F%3F%3F%3F%20%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F% 3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%20%3F %3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3 F%3F%3F%3F%3F.%20%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F %3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%20%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F.% 3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F %3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%20%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F,% 20%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F.jpg
Epic fail.
Onur, why do you must play idiot? It was written „попъ еретикъ оучай ереси “ "Heretic priest teaching heresy". Bogomilism is Heresy, Islam is not, islam is foreign faith.
:picard1:
Now go and kill yourself. Please. Posting picture with text you dont know to read, to somebody who acctually could read it. :rotfl

iNird
01-30-2013, 08:33 PM
lol! How Serbia came into this topic :D? There are many Croats who are visiting regularly my city and I guess they like it here :noidea:
Now, Nird, you know what is cultural shock? When I first went to the States and realized that at least half of the people have no idea how to use a silverware! No, no and no, there are no beasts on a plates!

@ Regent

Hvala, u neku ruku me je interesovalo kako bi neko ko ne pripada tom Muslimanskom 'kruzoku' doziveo isti.

I was just curious.

As for utensils i heard this one before, serbs were eating with forks while the rest of europe was climbing on trees and eating with their hands and feet.

:coffee: :D

Lena
01-30-2013, 08:36 PM
I was just curious.

As for utensils i heard this one before, serbs were eating with forks while the rest of europe was climbing on trees and eating with their hands and feet.

:coffee: :D

Hehehe!

I was serious about it and hope you don't fit the pic.

Hurrem sultana
01-30-2013, 08:37 PM
Epic fail.
Onur, why do you must play idiot? It was written „попъ еретикъ оучай ереси “ "Heretic priest teaching heresy". Bogomilism is Heresy, Islam is not, islam is foreign faith.
:picard1:
Now go and kill yourself. Please. Posting picture with text you dont know to read, to somebody who acctually could read it. :rotfl

According to some old catholic priests, and even popes islam is heresy

Archduke
01-30-2013, 08:38 PM
It was bad to such degree that now you made special thread for it? Get real, bro.

It's sounds like you've seen muslim villages and mosques only on TV. :rolleyes:

Onur
01-30-2013, 08:39 PM
According to catholics, orthodoxy is a heresy too. Anything but catholicism is a heresy. That was the case throughout centuries.

Hurrem sultana
01-30-2013, 08:39 PM
It was bad to such degree that now you made special thread for it? Get real, bro.

thank you :)
i said that too :D

If he was from Sweden or Finland i would understand :D but he is from balkanic Croatia,a country that has been in neighborhood with islam for 600 years and he pretends he had a "cultural shock":picard1:

Twistedmind
01-30-2013, 08:42 PM

According to my eyes, and my knowledge of OCS, it is Serbian medieval text written by Serbian medieval priests, and it decipts Heretic (most probably Roman Catholic priest) teaching. :picard1:
And on that topic, no niether of us do not consider Islam as heresy. Just foreign religion. :picard1:

PS
since when Islam has priests. :picard1:

This is just another of Onur's nonsences, nobody could make it less stupid.

Hurrem sultana
01-30-2013, 08:43 PM
According to my eyes, and my knowledge of OCS, it is Serbian medieval text written by Serbian medieval priests, and it decipts Heretic (most probably Roman Catholic priest) teaching. :picard1:
And on that topic, no niether of us do not consider Islam as heresy. Just foreign religion. :picard1:

PS
since when Islam has priests. :picard1:

You hear often islamic priests in the west,not all are used to imam and hodza ;)

Lena
01-30-2013, 08:44 PM

Why it's surprising to you? I've seen Muslim villages only from the safety of my car while heading to Greece.

Hurrem sultana
01-30-2013, 08:44 PM
Why it's surprising to you? I've seen Muslim villages only from the safety of my car while heading to Greece.

You have muslim villages in your own country and you avoid them? :D

Twistedmind
01-30-2013, 08:45 PM
You hear often islamic priests in the west,not all are used to imam and hodza ;)

This was not western press, but Serbian manuscript ;)

Hurrem sultana
01-30-2013, 08:50 PM
This was not western press, but Serbian manuscript ;)

back then islam was as foreign to them ;) :D

Lena
01-30-2013, 08:50 PM
You have muslim villages in your own country and you avoid them? :D

1/ What would be the reason for me to visit Muslim village? Village tourism? lol!
2/ I don't think I'd feel comfortable in such an environment.

Hurrem sultana
01-30-2013, 08:51 PM
1/ What would be the reason for me to visit Muslim village? Village tourism? lol!
2/ I don't think I'd feel comfortable in such an environment.

well its not good if you are not comfortable in one part of your country ;)

Twistedmind
01-30-2013, 08:53 PM
back then islam was as foreign to them ;) :D

Than nobody could convert to it. :picard1: Like I said: „picture have absolutley nothing to do with any kind of conversion to islam“.

Rastko
01-30-2013, 08:53 PM

Exactly.

As for Archduke and Blondie,guys get over it .

It is a shock.

Lena
01-30-2013, 08:54 PM
well its not good if you are not comfortable in one part of your country ;)

How's it going in Republika Srpska? :D

See...

Archduke
01-30-2013, 08:58 PM

You can't see even one mosque in the city where i live, yet i wouldn't be "shocked" if i visit Pomak villages which are 350-400 km from Bourgas.

Rastko is obviously exaggerating.

Rastko
01-30-2013, 09:00 PM
Whatever,Archduke...

You missed my point.

Archduke
01-30-2013, 09:01 PM
It is a shock.

:lol:

You should better go to a psychologist.

Rastko
01-30-2013, 09:03 PM
And this guy is a moderator?

Yay.

Lena
01-30-2013, 09:09 PM
You can't see even one mosque in the city where i live, yet i wouldn't be "shocked" if i visit Pomak villages which are 350-400 km from Bourgas.

Rastko is obviously exaggerating.

There's one mosque in the city of Belgrade, but pls.. we're talking about strictly Muslim dominated places. I can only imagine my face while listening hodza yelling from minaret, instead of church bells ;(

Lena
01-30-2013, 09:11 PM

If you're Croat or Serb you wouldn't find it funny at all.

Hurrem sultana
01-30-2013, 09:12 PM
How's it going in Republika Srpska? :D

See...

I go there every time i go to Bosnia,nothing strange.People do it regularly

Lena
01-30-2013, 09:15 PM

I know,I know...

Hurrem sultana
01-30-2013, 09:16 PM

trauma :D

Hurrem sultana
01-30-2013, 09:16 PM
I know,I know...

Yes we also happen to have a house there

Archduke
01-30-2013, 09:18 PM
And this guy is a moderator?

Yay.

That's my unbiased opinion for your experience. After all, that's the reason why you opened this thread.

And the fact that i disagree with you makes me bad Moderator?

Mraz
01-30-2013, 09:19 PM

I did cross RS once and really it looked like a horror movie. You know those kind of movies with redneck zombies. Well, it was just the same.

Geni
01-30-2013, 09:20 PM

Smoking in restaurants.

And so on...

Albanian village are exactly the same ...maybe not hoxha+ burka girls ..but all other.. exactly..

Twistedmind
01-30-2013, 09:20 PM
I did cross RS once and really it looked like in horror movies. You know those kind of movies with redneck zombies. Well, it was just the same.

I have similar feeling when I am driving trough Bosniak villages, like I am in Teheran, you know. :bored:

Rastko
01-30-2013, 09:21 PM
Albanian village are exactly the same ...maybe not hoxha+ burka girls ..but all other.. exactly..

I had scheduled journey for Albania but it is delayed for now.

Finances and stuff.

Hurrem sultana
01-30-2013, 09:25 PM
I did cross RS once and really it looked like a horror movie. You know those kind of movies with redneck zombies. Well, it was just the same.

Because RS is 99% shuma :D i go to my village,it is rebuilt 100% and only one serbian baba lives there ;)

Geni
01-30-2013, 09:26 PM

Finances and stuff.

is good ...Albania is not rich..but the people you will like..simple and good ..with a big heart..

Hurrem sultana
01-30-2013, 09:26 PM

Finances and stuff.

Why are you doing this to yourself? shock after shock :(

Lena
01-30-2013, 09:27 PM
Yes we also happen to have a house there

which you visit on a regular basis from Sweden.

Hurrem sultana
01-30-2013, 09:30 PM
which you visit on a regular basis from Sweden.

my aunt and her kids visit it more often :)

Rastko
01-30-2013, 09:32 PM
Why are you doing this to yourself? shock after shock :(

Don't worry sweety,I'll be okay...in the hard times I'll remember blonde girl in Sweden thinking of me.

Mraz
01-30-2013, 09:32 PM
I have similar feeling when I am driving trough Bosniak villages, like I am in Teheran, you know. :bored:

Yes Bosniak villages look like a City for your average Bosnian Serb.

Lena
01-30-2013, 09:33 PM
my aunt and her kids visit it more often :)

Cewl, Serbs are not that scary to you after all, aside of the one old granny who's the only inhabitant of that village of yours.

Anyways, I'll live it at this, no reason to make a big deal out of it, I was really curious to hear from other ppl who really visited Muslim places how it is and their perception of it and now I know it. Thanks

Twistedmind
01-30-2013, 09:33 PM
Yes Bosniak villages look like a City for your average Bosnian Serb.
Yes, Middle Eastern ones. :thumb001:

Hurrem sultana
01-30-2013, 09:37 PM
Cewl, Serbs are not that scary to you after all, aside of the one old granny who's the only inhabitant of that village of yours.

Anyways, I'll live it at this, no reason to make a big deal out of it, I was really curious to hear from other ppl who really visited Muslim places how it is and their perception of it and now I know it. Thanks

Never said serbs are scary,i have serbian friends

and i went with a croatian friend to her hometown dubrovnik,i did not feel any shock:picard1:

Geni
01-30-2013, 09:37 PM
Don't worry sweety,I'll be okay...in the hard times I'll remember blonde girl in Sweden thinking of me.

haaaaaaha..yes man ...but why Sweden and not Croatian girls ?

Twistedmind
01-30-2013, 09:41 PM
cewl, serbs are not that scary to you after all, aside of the one old granny who's the only inhabitant of that village of yours.

Anyways, i'll live it at this, no reason to make a big deal out of it, i was really curious to hear from other ppl who really visited muslim places how it is and their perception of it and now i know it. Thanks

Високо је у Федерацији меш'чини. :d

Minesweeper
01-30-2013, 09:44 PM
I see mosques every day so it's not a big deal for me. Fortunately, they are not in my neighborhood, so I never hear the prayers.

Midori
01-30-2013, 09:46 PM
I see mosques every day so it's not a big deal for me. Fortunately, they are not in my neighborhood, so I never hear the prayers.

Same here.

Lena
01-30-2013, 09:50 PM
Високо је у Федерацији меш'чини. :d

Kakve veze Visoko ima s' time? Koliko je ona rekla ranije, a dopusticu gresku, njeni su iz nekog malog mestasca, vis' da pominje neko selo. Nije ni bitno... sustina je vec recena.

Permafrost
01-30-2013, 10:05 PM
you dont have any ezan:picard1:

Then who's the fella singing in Fužine? :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF4Dusn-WMg&feature=player_embedded

How I envy those folk :( Time for me to move to Lublana.

Hurrem sultana
01-30-2013, 10:12 PM
Kakve veze Visoko ima s' time? Koliko je ona rekla ranije, a dopusticu gresku, njeni su iz nekog malog mestasca, vis' da pominje neko selo. Nije ni bitno... sustina je vec recena.

On misli da sam iz Visokog,u Visokom bila 2 puta ;)

gradic iz Podrinja

Hurrem sultana
01-30-2013, 10:13 PM
Then who's the fella singing in Fužine? :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF4Dusn-WMg&feature=player_embedded

How I envy those folk :( Time for me to move to Lublana.

It is not heard 5 days a day i am sure

Veneda
01-30-2013, 10:21 PM
I think that visiting Bosnia would be a shock for me. So far there is only one mosque in Warsaw (situated far from the center) out of all four mosques in Poland. Actually it is not a real mosque, but small adapted in 1993 villa from 1970s without minaret.

http://www.dw.de/image/0,,6104948_4,00.jpg

Dilberth
01-30-2013, 10:23 PM
delete

Hurrem sultana
01-30-2013, 10:23 PM
People go to China,Turkey to see different stuff here they speak about shock :D

Permafrost
01-30-2013, 10:24 PM
It is not heard 5 days a day i am sure

Wait, 5 times a day is the norm???

No, it's not like that. Not yet, anyway.

Geni
01-30-2013, 10:26 PM
Bosnians are semicivilized people,but it isn't restricted to muslims.

We have a specialist from saxony now. :picard1:..man i go to sleep..

Twistedmind
01-30-2013, 10:26 PM
On misli da sam iz Visokog,u Visokom bila 2 puta ;)

gradic iz Podrinja

Ма по потреби ћеш бити и са Марса. Ко те не знаа златом би те платио. :rolleyes:

Hurrem sultana
01-30-2013, 10:29 PM
Ма по потреби ћеш бити и са Марса. Ко те не знаа златом би те платио. :rolleyes:

mrsko mi ici svako malo na translate pisi latinicom da te ceo svet razume

A to drugo,whatever,ovdje od pocetka govorim odakle sam a visoko si dobio zbog toga sto mi je jedno vrijeme bio u profilu

Hurrem sultana
01-30-2013, 10:30 PM
Wait, 5 times a day is the norm???

No, it's not like that. Not yet, anyway.

yes 5 times a day is the norm

Twistedmind
01-30-2013, 10:31 PM
Зар ти не рече да си из Централне Босне?

TheMagnificent
01-30-2013, 10:31 PM
I usually have a culture shock when entering these threads; I can't understand anything of all this Slavic talking. :D

Hurrem sultana
01-30-2013, 10:32 PM
Зар ти не рече да си из Централне Босне?

Nikada,rekla sam da su najlijesi balkanci iz centralne bih i dalmacije :D to jedino

a iz istocne bosne sam rodom

Twistedmind
01-30-2013, 10:33 PM
Бах, волиш гараве. :d

Hurrem sultana
01-30-2013, 10:39 PM
to se uvijek znalo :D

derLowe
01-31-2013, 04:56 AM
That's my unbiased opinion for your experience. After all, that's the reason why you opened this thread.

And the fact that i disagree with you makes me bad Moderator?

Well perhaps as a moderator you should set the standard and respond with a bit more eloquence.

RussiaPrussia
01-31-2013, 06:24 AM

of course you do

CrystalMaiden
01-31-2013, 04:13 PM
So when can we expecting the book based on your experiences :rolleyes:

Sisak
01-31-2013, 04:30 PM
They want your money.

Yes, Croatians spend a lot of money in Bosnia.

Hurrem sultana
01-31-2013, 04:34 PM
So when can we expecting the book based on your experiences :rolleyes:

will be a best seller on apricity :D

CrystalMaiden
01-31-2013, 04:36 PM
Yes, Croatians spend a lot of money in Bosnia.

I want to meet those mystical Croats :D

The most of them I've met are cheapskate shits, not much unlike the Serb and Bosniak penny counting shits. xD

CrystalMaiden
01-31-2013, 04:39 PM
will be a best seller on apricity :D

No doubt :cool:

American_Hispanist
01-31-2013, 04:39 PM
I want to meet those mystical Croats :D

The most of them I've met are cheapskate shits, not much unlike the Serb and Bosniak penny counting shits. xD

so Croatians are like stereotypical Jews/Germans?

CrystalMaiden
01-31-2013, 04:43 PM

Stereotypical poor East Europeans who want to imitate Western standards, would be more accurate :rolleyes:

Sisak
01-31-2013, 04:44 PM

Croatians are to much romantic for being "germanic".

goldyblu
01-31-2013, 05:20 PM
Is this responce our own fear, and there own way of saying im not going to blam you for your fear.

CrystalMaiden
01-31-2013, 05:21 PM
Is this responce our own fear, and there own way of saying im not going to blam you for your fear.

IDK how to "recponce" to that :D

Hurrem sultana
01-31-2013, 05:55 PM

lol what?

Bosnjakinja
02-10-2013, 06:38 AM
Croats seem to be divided into two groups: those who don't want anything to do with the "Ottoman" influenced parts of the Balkans, and those who run to Bascarsija and Begova dzamija first chance they get.

Since Rastko so "kindly" shared his experiences, here is the other Croatian POV. (In Bosnian and Croatian language)

DfqAEIfcVAo

What I find laughable is when Serbs talk about a "cultural shock" in Bosnia, as 80% of the things Rastko mentioned (smoking in restaurants, turbofolk/narodnjaci in bars, lack of driving manners, no bills) are just as common there. Like there is a cultural shock between Bijeljina and Tuzla for instance...come off it.

Hurrem sultana
02-10-2013, 02:09 PM
Croats seem to be divided into two groups: those who don't want anything to do with the "Ottoman" influenced parts of the Balkans, and those who run to Bascarsija and Begova dzamija first chance they get.

Since Rastko so "kindly" shared his experiences, here is the other Croatian POV. (In Bosnian and Croatian language)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfqAEIfcVAo

What I find laughable is when Serbs talk about a "cultural shock" in Bosnia, as 80% of the things Rastko mentioned (smoking in restaurants, turbofolk/narodnjaci in bars, lack of driving manners, no bills) are just as common there. Like there is a cultural shock between Bijeljina and Tuzla for instance...come off it.

Funny how he said Barscarsija insread of Bascarsija

Rastko
02-10-2013, 03:12 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfqAEIfcVAo

:picard2:

On the other hand, I had one of the best night-outs there.

People are much more open and easy-going,telling funny jokes.

Accent alone cracks me up sometimes.

Some nice looking girls in the clubs,nicely dressed.

No police at all,here in Croatia we suffer big repression, you can't even get drunk like a man without police asking for your documents.

See, I've spent my money in ''Baščaršija'' and ate Chevapi.

And I'll probably visit Capajebo again.

As for the RS,I don't really know,never properly visited those areas to give my opinion.

Hurrem sultana
02-10-2013, 03:13 PM
You said you had a negative shock yet you wanna visit again :D

Bosnjakinja
02-10-2013, 03:15 PM
And I'll probably visit Capajebo again.

See, I don't get why a person who says he's uncomfortable around mosques and muslims would want to expose himself to that?

Rastko
02-10-2013, 03:15 PM
You said you had a negative shock yet you wanna visit again :D

I didn't distinctively said it was ''negative''. Read carefully...

And yes,I like traveling and seeing different cultures + night life and parties.

Rastko
02-10-2013, 03:16 PM
See, I don't get why a person who says he's uncomfortable around mosques and muslims would want to expose himself to that?

Didn't I list my reasons above?

Bosnjakinja
02-10-2013, 03:17 PM
Didn't I list my reasons above?

Ok...so you like traveling and seeing other cultures you don't feel comfortable around.

Seems legit

Rastko
02-10-2013, 03:18 PM
Ok...so you like traveling and seeing other cultures you don't feel comfortable around.

Seems legit

Well I would like to visit Africa even tough I doubt that'll be comfortable.

That's legit.

Hurrem sultana
02-10-2013, 03:19 PM

That's legit.

a young man speaking here,in year 2013 :D

Bosnjakinja
02-10-2013, 03:19 PM

That's legit.

Not unless you're a masochist.

Rastko
02-10-2013, 03:21 PM
Not unless you're a masochist.

You just can't follow my logic.

Don't worry,I got used to it...Burden of genius minds.

Bosnjakinja
02-10-2013, 03:23 PM
Nah, tbh I just think you're trolling. You also seem to be dividing your posts equally between Croatian and Serbian threads, mixed in with a little Albanian bashing now and then.

Which leads me to the conclusion that you're probably some Serbocroat hybrid.

Rastko
02-10-2013, 03:35 PM
Nah, tbh I just think you're trolling. You also seem to be dividing your posts equally between Croatian and Serbian threads, mixed in with a little Albanian bashing now and then.

Which leads me to the conclusion that you're probably some Serbocroat hybrid.

Ne trolam uopće,samo iznosim svoja iskustva i doživljaje koje ste vi Muslimani iz nepoznatog raloga u potpunosti shvatili kao negativne i zauzeli obrambeni gard.

Nadalje,kad smo se već uhvatili mene,zanimljivo mi je kako si u kratkom roku proučila skoro tri tisuće mojih postova te izvukla konkluziju o njihovom sadržaju.

1)To je nemoguće.

2)Izmišljaš.

3)Nastupaš kao nečiji ''sock-puppet'' account.

I ne brini se,nisam polutan.

Hvala Bogu.

Bosnjakinja
02-10-2013, 03:41 PM
Ne trolam uopće,samo iznosim svoja iskustva i doživljaje koje ste vi Muslimani iz nepoznatog raloga u potpunosti shvatili kao negativne i zauzeli obrambeni gard.

Nadalje,kad smo se već uhvatili mene,zanimljivo mi je kako si u kratkom roku proučila skoro tri tisuće mojih postova te izvukla konkluziju o njihovom sadržaju.

1)To je nemoguće.

2)Izmišljaš.

3)Nastupaš kao nečiji ''sock-puppet'' account.

I ne brini se,nisam polutan.

Hvala Bogu.

Nismo budale:) Otvoris thread na bosanskom forumu o tome kako si se osjecao nelagodno u Sarajevu, o "zavijanju hodza, bradonjama i zenama u burkama" kao da se radi o Afganistanu, a onda se cudis sto zauzmemo obrambeni gard?

Sto se tice tvog "hrvatstva", procitala sam 30-40-ak tvojih postova i stvarno se mnogo opterecujes Srbima ("Srpkinje su najljepse zene na svijetu, Albanci su ovakvi i onakvi) za neko ko nema srpske krvi u sebi.

Rastko
02-10-2013, 03:47 PM
Nismo budale:)

Ali nije vam strano takvo ponašanje.

Otvoris thread na bosanskom forumu

A thread o putovanju po Bosni bi trebao otvoriti gdje?

o tome kako si se osjecao nelagodno u Sarajevu,

Moj subjektivni doživljaj je bio čudan osjećaj,ne nužno nelagodan,ali sve strano je u krajnju ruku i nelagodno.

o "zavijanju hodza, bradonjama i zenama u burkama" kao da se radi o Afganistanu

Jesam što slagao?

Sto se tice tvog "hrvatstva", procitala sam 30-40-ak tvojih postova i stvarno se mnogo opterecujes Srbima ("Srpkinje su najljepse zene na svijetu, Albanci su ovakvi i onakvi) za neko ko nema srpske krvi u sebi.

Ne bih rekao...

Uostalom,nemam baš volje dokazivati ''hrvatstvo'' pišući litanije anonimnoj Muslimanki.

Hurrem sultana
02-10-2013, 03:49 PM
Bosnjakinja,okani se toga,dzaba se trudis

Rastko
02-10-2013, 03:51 PM
Bosnjakinja,okani se toga,dzaba se trudis

Pa kad sam uvijek u pravu i svoj stav ću nametnuti kao ispravan.

Žołnir
02-10-2013, 03:52 PM
I didn't notice Rastko would say anything anti-Bosniak.

Duke

ok ok stop now, this isnt a political issue. LOL

Some people like something different, oriental...etc, that is why people travel in a first place.

Bosnjakinja
Ali nije vam strano takvo ponašanje.

A thread o putovanju po Bosni bi trebao otvoriti gdje?

Moj subjektivni doživljaj je bio čudan osjećaj,ne nužno nelagodan,ali sve strano je u krajnju ruku i nelagodno.

Jesam što slagao?

Ne bih rekao...

Uostalom,nemam baš volje dokazivati ''hrvatstvo'' pišući litanije anonimnoj Muslimanki.
Ma jah, a BiH je sigurno jedina zemlja koju si posjetio kad si osjecao potrebu da bas o nama otvoris thread. Nema tu nikakve zle misli:rolleyes:

Odjavim se.

Hurrem sultana
Pa kad sam uvijek u pravu i svoj stav ću nametnuti kao ispravan.

Nisi u pravu,ti si opisao citav dozivljaj kao nesto negativno i namjerno si cak i temu otvorio poznavajuci ovaj forum,dakle jasno kao dan da si imao namjeru takvu,i onda se kao cudis sto smo negativno shvatili:bored:

Bosnjakinja
02-10-2013, 03:53 PM
ok ok stop now, this isnt a political issue. LOL

Some people like something different, oriental...etc, that is why people travel in a first place.

Well thats the point of the thread isnt it, that he didn't like it. Anyways, let's just leave the topic.

Hurrem sultana
02-10-2013, 03:54 PM

you donr understand our balkan issuses,sorry slovenian:p

Rastko
02-10-2013, 03:57 PM
Ma jah, a BiH je sigurno jedina zemlja koju si posjetio kad si osjecao potrebu da bas o nama otvoris thread. Nema tu nikakve zle misli:rolleyes:

Odjavim se.

Ne baš,ustvari živio sam u inozemstvu(Italija) neko vrijeme,ali tamo mi je praktički isto kao i ovdje,nikakvi specijalni doživljaji.

Nisi u pravu,ti si opisao citav dozivljaj kao nesto negativno i namjerno si cak i temu otvorio poznavajuci ovaj forum,dakle jasno kao dan da si imao namjeru takvu,i onda se kao cudis sto smo negativno shvatili:bored:

To je tvoj problem ako si sve shvatila kao negativno.

Nadalje,zanimljivo je spomenuti da sam ja jedan od rijetkih Europljana ovdje sa blagim pro-turskim tendencijama.

Ali da vas domaće Muslimane ne simpatiziram-je istina.

Hurrem sultana
02-10-2013, 04:00 PM
Ali da vas domaće Muslimane ne simpatiziram-je istina

Wow evo ne znam sta cu sad od zalosti,ako nas ne volis,sto ces u bosnjackim mjestima? mislim nije da mi smeta,ostavljas pare..ali sto se muciti dzaba

Bosnjakinja
02-10-2013, 04:01 PM
Ne baš,ustvari živio sam u inozemstvu(Italija) neko vrijeme,ali tamo mi je praktički isto kao i ovdje,nikakvi specijalni doživljaji.

To je tvoj problem ako si sve shvatila kao negativno.

Nadalje,zanimljivo je spomenuti da sam ja jedan od rijetkih Europljana ovdje sa blagim pro-turskim tendencijama.

Ali da vas domaće Muslimane ne simpatiziram-je istina.

Znamo, zato i tvrdimo da je ovaj thread zlonamjeran.

Usput, ukoliko niste znali, Sarajevo je pogotovo ljeti (ali i zimi, zbog Bjelasnice i Jahorine) puno Hrvata i Slovenaca koji nemaju ama bas nikakvih zamjerki. Dobro, javni prijevoz im je sega, ali i nama je.

To sto pokusavas od naseg glavnog grada napraviti Teheran je tvoja stvar, samo nemoj lagati o tome kako uopste nisi mislio nista lose kada si otvorio temu...a ponavljam, kome se ne svidja osmanska arhitektura i dzamije bas i nema sta traziti u Sarajevu.

Gospodine
02-10-2013, 04:03 PM

Smoking in restaurants..

^ This isn't really exclusive to Bosnia.

Rastko you seem to be looking to pick a fight for no reason...

Rastko
02-10-2013, 04:04 PM
Wow evo ne znam sta cu sad od zalosti,ako nas ne volis,sto ces u bosnjackim mjestima? mislim nije da mi smeta,ostavljas pare..ali sto se muciti dzaba

Nemoj se žalostit :(

Tebe simpatiziram kad si kako pupica.

derLowe
02-10-2013, 04:05 PM

Neither did I.

Rastko
02-10-2013, 04:07 PM
Neither did I.

I don't particularly like them,but I avoid flame wars with everyone including Muslims.

+ I'm friend with VV and Gospodine here.

dralos
02-10-2013, 04:25 PM
whole yugoslavia was for me a big culture shock while forexample greece wouldnt be a culture shock for me
except the mosques i cant see big differences in culture and looks between croats and bosniaks

Bosnjakinja
02-10-2013, 04:30 PM
^^There are differences. Significant ones if we consider the Habsburg and Venetian inspired Croats of Croatia.

dralos
02-10-2013, 04:35 PM
^^There are differences. Significant ones if we consider the Habsburg and Venetian inspired Croats of Croatia.
ah yes them but if i'm not mistaking they also see themself kinda divided from the dalmatian croats forexample

Bosnjakinja
02-10-2013, 04:35 PM
Well but the Dalmatian Croats also fall under a Western cultural sphere.

The Bosniaks and Croats of BiH are much more similar in mentality though.