PDA

View Full Version : The general thread on Sweden and Swedes

Styggnacke
01-30-2013, 04:08 PM
As suggested by finthau, we should really have this thread, because there are too many lowbrow threads here about Sweden/Swedes which are rather pointless.

So, all Sweden/Swedes-related discussions and questions can be gathered here in the future. Enjoy! :p

Vasa
01-31-2013, 01:03 AM
Why is Sweden the best country in the world?
Why is Swedish people the best people in the world?

bladieblah
01-31-2013, 01:10 AM
Hej hej :D Var är dom bästa platserna att se i Stockholm? Jag ska besöka Stockholm i Maj :)

Hàkon
01-31-2013, 01:15 AM
Hej hej :D Var är dom bästa platserna att se i Stockholm? Jag ska besöka Stockholm i Maj :)

För din del skulle jag föreslå planet tillbaka.

bladieblah
01-31-2013, 01:30 AM
För din del skulle jag föreslå planet tillbaka.

:( Excuse me? My grandmother is Swedish, and I was born there and lived there until I was 4. I don't see why I shouldn't have the right to go on holiday to visit my family. And I speak the language without an accent. Typical ignorant mentality :rolleyes:

Vasa
02-03-2013, 12:59 PM
:( Excuse me? My grandmother is Swedish, and I was born there and lived there until I was 4. I don't see why I shouldn't have the right to go on holiday to visit my family. And I speak the language without an accent. Typical ignorant mentality :rolleyes:

Jag tvivlar starkt på att du inte bryter. Du bryter till och med i skrift.

Du är inte svensk för att du har en svensk farmor, du är inte svensk för att du fötts på svensk mark. Du är inte svensk för att du kan knacka på svenska. Du är inte svensk. Punkt.

Men du är välkommen att besöka Sverige. I Stockholm rekommenderar jag för dig Fittja, Alby, Tensta, Rinkeby, Farsta eller Norsborg. Här lär du trivas bland alla andra svenskar.

bladieblah
02-03-2013, 01:43 PM
Jag tvivlar starkt på att du inte bryter. Du bryter till och med i skrift.

Du är inte svensk för att du har en svensk farmor, du är inte svensk för att du fötts på svensk mark. Du är inte svensk för att du kan knacka på svenska. Du är inte svensk. Punkt.

Men du är välkommen att besöka Sverige. I Stockholm rekommenderar jag för dig Fittja, Alby, Tensta, Rinkeby, Farsta eller Norsborg. Här lär du trivas bland alla andra svenskar.

Here is a recording of me speaking gibberish in Sweden:

http://soundcloud.com/user230495049/recording57867

Do you think I have an accent? People always tell me I don't.

Yes I am not great at writing in Swedish, I was raised in England from the age of 4 so I had to teach myself to write in Swedish. I'm sure if you had left a country at that age and had to teach yourself to write in it, it probably wouldn't be great either.

I never said I was Swedish. I am a quarter Swedish though, and I have the right to go on holiday there without some random guy telling me to take the plane home.

Baldur
11-21-2013, 10:01 PM
I have been thinking for some time and wanted to ask other Swedes and non Swedes, who would a swede be "closer" to between germans and british people? I know many swedes today have a somewhat anglophile (football and music) view on many things.

Äike
11-24-2013, 06:46 PM
I have been thinking for some time and wanted to ask other Swedes and non Swedes, who would a swede be "closer" to between germans and british people? I know many swedes today have a somewhat anglophile (football and music) view on many things.

Germans.

Anglojew
11-24-2013, 07:25 PM
Any good young Swedish Tennis players? You guys used to dominate

Baldur
11-24-2013, 07:27 PM
Any good young Swedish Tennis players? You guys used to dominate

Those days are long gone and over i think.

Anglojew
11-24-2013, 07:32 PM
Those days are long gone and over i think.

It's like Australia then...

Styggnacke
11-24-2013, 07:34 PM
We had Robin Söderling recently, who was pretty good, but got injured. Other than that I can't think of any. Tennis is not my cup of tea, though.

Baldur
11-24-2013, 07:38 PM
It's like Australia then...

Well yeah i listen to a sport podcast when i am working and they talked about this subject that there are a bunch of new nations today that are at the top of Tennis, when Sweden has its glory days there wasn't as much competition from all over the world as it is today. Eastern Euros are superior today i think.

portusaus
11-24-2013, 07:42 PM
Why do I love Sweden?

Bathory, Grave, Dissection, Marduk, Morbid, At the Gates, Dark Funeral, Sacramentum, Necrophobic, Entombed, Dismemeber, Tiamat.

http://api.ning.com/files/nSeaU7IumQjDefkDt3lzZNzOItDPC9vEiCjA71J7HoQhAx6ga2 fjmzxMjjBESZ25IeA6bRGHBFvMOAsAlzAN3w__/Swedish_football_girl.jpg