PDA

View Full Version : FOX News is bad

Whiteboy
12-08-2008, 06:17 PM
Never trust FOX news or any other News station for that matter. Check out this short video

http://www.noob.us/miscellaneous/fox-news-exposed-by-employees/

Loyalist
12-08-2008, 06:57 PM
Never trust FOX news or any other News station for that matter. Check out this short video

http://www.noob.us/miscellaneous/fox-news-exposed-by-employees/

Ridiculous, nonsensical left-wing paranoia. I stopped watching it after Bill O'Reilly's comment about only ordering someone to "shut up" once in six years (which is true, during the Jeremy Glick interview) was misconstrued into a series of clips where the term was used in a different context. That's standard liberal deceit, and I'll assume the rest of the video continues in a similar manner. Although, like every other media outlet in America, Fox is dominated by Jews and, in this case, Neo-Cons, conservatives at least do get a fair voice and representation on the network. Aside from their actual staff (O'Reilly, Hannity, etc.), conservatives that are demonized and attacked on other networks, such as Ann Coulter and Pat Buchanan, can be interviewed or consulted without the pre-existing hostility that's so characteristic of other entities. Fox News isn't ideal, but it is easily the best of the worst.

Loki
12-08-2008, 07:23 PM
Yes, there is no ideal TV station, but Fox has given a platform to people like Pat Buchanan and Ron Paul. A lot of good people involved with Fox. However I'm not too fond of the Neocon line which is very popular on Fox. Very pro-Israel, anti-Russian, and the usual nonsense one would expect from Neocons.

SwordoftheVistula
12-11-2008, 03:02 PM
I don't like the way Fox treated Ron Paul and pushes the neo-con line hard, but by providing competition to CNN and eventually surpassing them in viewership they put pressure on the other news organizations to back off the hard-left line. CNN has less of a liberal bias than they did 10-15 years ago, and I don't think we'd ever have seen Glenn Beck and Lou Dobbs on CNN or Joe Scarborough and Pat Buchanan on MSNBC if not for the success of Bill O'Reilly and Fox News. Some of Bill O'Reilly's crusades are 'ridiculous' as he would put it, but he's also done a good job in some cases such as highlighting states and judges who are lax in their treatment of child molesters, and putting politicians like Barney Frank on the spot and calling them to account.

Lars
12-14-2008, 07:26 PM
FOX NewsMass media is bad.

Our political system is based on popularity and mass media, meaning that if you manage to convince enough people that an idea is "right," then that idea becomes popular and it automatically becomes the truth. A sane person would point out that not every popular idea is “right”, but who will believe and take side with an unpopular person?

If you are over the age of 10 and you still get your so-called news from the television, something is utterly wrong with you.