PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in luck?

Pontios
02-03-2013, 10:09 PM
Do you believe in luck and a person being naturally lucky or unlucky throughout his life or in a certain thing? Or is there some other kind of explanation of luck you believe in?

SilverKnight
02-05-2013, 02:47 AM
Def of Luck

" Success or failure apparently brought by chance rather than through one's own actions. "

Various definitions of Chance

" The unknown and unpredictable element in happenings that seems to have no assignable cause.A force assumed to cause events that cannot be foreseen or controlled; luck"

therefore,

A:
No I don't.

Ants
02-05-2013, 04:12 AM
Nope.

Drawing-slim
02-05-2013, 04:30 AM
That some people are luckier then others its obsolutely true.

But also by playing your cards right on every descision in life, naturally you're giving yourself a chance to get lucky more often.

02-05-2013, 12:15 PM
If by luck you mean "random chance" then yes it exists. Are some people luckier than others? Statistically, yes. I bet most forms of luck could be plotted as pretty standard bell-curves. Some people will be nearer the right than others; some people will be WAY up there, that's just how it is. Doesn't mean they won't get hit by a bus crossing the street tomorrow!

arcticwolf
04-14-2013, 05:07 AM
No. Absolutely nothing can exist outside the law of cause and effect. That we don't understand the cause does not mean there isn't one. There are no accidents, coincidences or miracles. Everything must have a cause to occur.

ChocolateFace
04-14-2013, 05:12 AM
If a team wins a sporting match.Luck can not be attributed for the win since the players were training hard.

If someone wins the lotto, then luck is involved for example.

Aredhel
04-14-2013, 05:18 AM
I don't believe in luck, we are responsible of our own destiny. We can't blame luck for the consecuences of our acts.

Hurrem sultana
04-14-2013, 05:21 AM
Life is usually playing a game with us,What i believe is that NO ONE will go through this life unlucky,some people have their lucky days in youth,some get them later

we all will feel both emotions at some point in life

Diërker
04-14-2013, 05:36 AM
tittaly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H8UFfqyAeQ

Neon Knight
04-19-2013, 09:36 AM
No. Absolutely nothing can exist outside the law of cause and effect. That we don't understand the cause does not mean there isn't one. There are no accidents, coincidences or miracles. Everything must have a cause to occur.
This. There is just destiny.

Corvus
04-19-2013, 09:41 AM
I think luck is an essential part for having success in life.
In order to find a partner, job which suits you, decent social environment commitment is needed,
but without a bit of luck you are not going to achieve your aim.

A bit of luck is often the only part of the equation which seperates individuals sometimes

If it is totally arbitrarily or can be earned by good deeds can be disputed