PDA

View Full Version : More skilled immigrants 'key' to German success

microrobert
02-04-2013, 04:14 PM
More skilled immigrants 'key' to German success

http://www.thelocal.de/articleImages/47743.jpg

Germany will need large numbers of highly skilled immigrants in the coming years to compensate for its rapidly ageing population, according to a new report released by the OECD on Monday.

The Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) found that Germany was lagging behind lots of other industrial countries when it came to attracting enough highly educated workers.

More skilled immigrants 'key' to German success - The Local (http://www.thelocal.de/money/20130204-47743.html)

Austo
02-04-2013, 04:45 PM
funny picture :D

Grenzland
02-06-2013, 02:36 AM
Haha "skilled" immigrants...

derLowe
02-06-2013, 04:58 AM
I think the solution would be to have more kids.

RussiaPrussia
02-06-2013, 02:10 PM
its quite shocking since 40 years we have no natural population growth

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Germany#Statistics_since_1900

and we kept letting people in and it didnt solved the problem. These idiots want only fast workers without paying taxes for education and welfare for children. And the government should pay for all kind of immigration programs and so on which immigration needs.

Albion
02-06-2013, 05:37 PM
I hope they define "skills" better than Britain does. Here a lot of non-European immigrants get in by claiming to be cooks and go to work with their kin at takeaways. :mad: No skills whatsoever, just foreign families importing their relatives by claiming to need more cooks that can specialize in whatever "cuisine" they cook. :mad:

Jackson
02-06-2013, 05:38 PM
Surely they want more skilled Germans? What's youth unemployment in Germany?

Permafrost
02-06-2013, 05:40 PM
Skilled immigrants allright, but what shall be the ratio of skilled immigrants vs welfare leechers, rapists and criminals coming to Germany?

Prime example of how Europe is being socially engineered.

American_Hispanist
02-06-2013, 05:42 PM
Germany needs to raise their fertility rate. Immigration can't sustain appease job growth forever. This comes from a son of immigrants.

Albion
02-06-2013, 05:48 PM
Surely they want more skilled Germans? What's youth unemployment in Germany?

No, they just think skilled immigrants will create more work for the unskilled natives as if there is a constant need for labour. This serves business very well since it creates surplus labour meaning people will work for less, in essence making labour cheaper. Germany doesn't give a f*ck about its own people out of work so long as the unemployment rate remains stable.

American_Hispanist
02-06-2013, 05:57 PM
No, they just think skilled immigrants will create more work for the unskilled natives as if there is a constant need for labour. This serves business very well since it creates surplus labour meaning people will work for less, in essence making labour cheaper. Germany doesn't give a f*ck about its own people out of work so long as the unemployment rate remains stable.

What should happen is that strong immigration quotas should be established. People should pressure their governments to do that, it's the only way governments listen to the people, through pressure.

Albion
02-06-2013, 06:24 PM
What should happen is that strong immigration quotas should be established. People should pressure their governments to do that, it's the only way governments listen to the people, through pressure.

Agree with the quotas, there is strong pressure on the government to sort out the immigration system though. But with so many Labour and Lib Dem politicians being immigrants or partially descended from immigrants themselves it is hard to get anything done about it.

Jackson
02-06-2013, 06:29 PM

Perhaps you misunderstand what i meant, i meant they should be looking to the people already unemployed in the country rather than bringing in new workers, especially unskilled.

American_Hispanist
02-06-2013, 06:30 PM
Agree with the quotas, there is strong pressure on the government to sort out the immigration system though. But with so many Labour and Lib Dem politicians being immigrants or partially descended from immigrants themselves it is hard to get anything done about it.

Eventually though, politicians always have to listen to the people, if they are pressured sufficiently. The key is to inform people about a subject, convince them to your side, and rally them together.

Albion
02-06-2013, 06:32 PM
Perhaps you misunderstand what i meant, i meant they should be looking to the people already unemployed in the country rather than bringing in new workers, especially unskilled.

I didn't mean it to sound like I was disagreeing with you. I agree with what you wrote.