PDA

View Full Version : Elderberry Trumps Tamiflu for Flu Remedy

Skandi
08-14-2009, 11:01 PM
(NaturalNews) Concerned about using Tamiflu if the second, much worse swine flu breakout comes as promoted and promised? You should be. Besides the insufficient supply that is getting closer to its expiration date, Tamiflu is only partially effective. Furthermore, it's very expensive, and the side effects are so harsh and dangerous that it has been banned in Japan.

According to the New York Times, February 5, 2005, the World Health Organization (WHO) has even admitted that Tamiflu is not as effective as previously believed. But there is an alternative for several flu viruses, both type A and type B. It's a natural remedy that has no side effects and is inexpensive. It has been around for quite some time as a cold cure. But lately it has proven effective against virulent flus. It is Black Elderberry extract.

Tamiflu Hazards

The Sydney (Australia) Herald on April 20, 2009 reported in its world section that a Japanese study had been completed on the side effects of Tamiflu with negative results. A major reason for the study was to determine if Japan should lift its ban on Tamiflu, which, the Herald article stated, was very unlikely because of the of the conclusion of that study.

Out of 10,000 test cases of Tamiflu used by young people under 18, over half exhibited unusual behavior after taking Tamiflu. That behavior was sometimes as extreme as attempting or committing suicide. Eighteen deaths among young Japanese were associated with taking Tamiflu.

The 1918 flu pandemic reached such a high death toll primarily due to secondary bacterial infections. There is evidence that the use of Tamiflu creates an invitation to secondary bacterial infections. The "normal" side effects include fatigue, dizziness, vomiting, headache and coughing. The only positive of this very expensive medication is symptom relief for one and a half days out of a six day term of flu. But the side effects mimic the flu symptoms anyway!

Black Elderberry Extract Benefits

A clinical trial during a severe flu outbreak around 1992-93 in Israel confirmed a perfect cure rate of severe flu victims there. Another study performed in Oslo, Norway more recently, around 2002, also confirmed the amazing efficacy for type A or B flu victims of several different strains. The cures mostly occurred in two days while a few were cured in three days. Tamiflu cures occur normally in 4.5 to 5 days. It took 6 days or more for the flu victims on placebos to recover.

What was used in both Israel and Norway was a Black Elderberry extract product of Israeli origin. There were no side effects from taking this inexpensive flu cure. At the end of this article there is a simple Black Elderberry extract remedy recipe. In other words, you will be empowered with making an abundant supply of this extract cure to have on hand.

Elderberry has a very high ORAC, or oxygen radical absorption capacity: over twice as much as blueberry. In addition, antioxidants called flavonoids stimulate the immune system. Other compounds in elderberry, called anthocyanins, have an anti-inflammatory effect; which would explain the effect on aches, pains, and fever.....

1) Clean Quart Jar add 1/4 pound dried elderberries (Must be Sambucus nigra)
2) Now fill to top with vodka. Put lid on tight.
3) Store in a dark cupboard and shake once every few days.
4) Label and date your jar. Let it sit for at least 30 days before you strain it. You can use it without straining it too and it will just continue to get stronger
. Dosage: 1 teaspoon four to five times daily during infections. Otherwise once daily.

source (http://www.naturalnews.com/z026354_elderberry_Tamiflu_immune_system.html)

I will withhold judgement, but some may be interested .

Tolleson
08-14-2009, 11:40 PM
Elderberry mead anyone. :thumb001:

Loddfafner
08-15-2009, 12:56 AM
So S. canadensis won't work? :(

Aemma
08-15-2009, 02:23 AM
So S. canadensis won't work? :(

I wonder what S. nigra has that S. canadensis doesn't? :confused:

Maybe Mrs. Oulfie can answer this question for us. :)

Skandi
08-15-2009, 02:25 AM
anybody need supplies? it's a weed over here grows everywhere saw the first half ripe ones today too

Fortis in Arduis
08-15-2009, 04:16 AM
Morning, I am up early!

We call it 'Black Rob' at home, and I am going to ask my mother to make some for winter, and yes it does work, but be prepared to sweat a lot.

Mrs Ulf
08-15-2009, 04:22 AM
I wonder what S. nigra has that S. canadensis doesn't? :confused:

Maybe Mrs. Oulfie can answer this question for us. :)

So I go to search through my books, and pray that this herb will not be on the missing pages of David Hoffman's book. But it is. lol

From what I can find it seems S.canadensis does not do exactly the same things as S. nigra. While S.canadensis does have its own helpful properties. This is what I was able to find from David Hoffman.

Kings' Dispensatory describes the uses of a related species S.canadensis thus: "In warm infusion, Elder Flowers are diaphoretic &gently stimulant; in cold infusion they are diuretic, alterative & cooling, & may be used in all diseases requiring such action, as in hepatic derangements of children, erysipelas. The expressed juice of the berries evaporated to the consistence of a syrup is a valuable aperient and alterative; l ounce of it will purge. An infusion of the young leaf-buds is likewise purgative, and sometimes acts with violence. The flowers and expressed juice of the berries have been beneficially employed in scrofula, cutaneous diseases, syphilis, rheumatism. The inner greenbark is cathartic; and infusion of it in wine or cider, or the expressed juice, will purge moderately, in doses of from l/2 to l fluid ounce; large doses produce emesis; in small ones, it proves an efficient deobstruent, promoting all the fluid secretions, and is much used in dropsy, especially that following scarlatina, and other febrile and exanthematous diseases, as well as in many chronic diseases."

Fortis in Arduis
08-15-2009, 04:25 AM
anybody need supplies? it's a weed over here grows everywhere saw the first half ripe ones today too

If I were you I would harvest and make as much black rob as you can, you will not regret it.

As I said, it makes you sweat a lot, but it saw me through quite a few childhood colds and fevers.

Skandi
08-15-2009, 02:51 PM
I don't have anything on S. canadensis because my books deal with European species only but this is what my Scientific, (as against Folk) herbal tells me about s. nigra

Active ingredients; essential oil, glycoside sambunigrine, rutin, tannin, traces of essential oil, anthocyanine,
Effect; stimulates sweating (flowers and fruit); purgative, diuretic (fruit).
Parts used; the flowers - collect the entire inflorescence and dry and comb off the flowers; the mature berries - dry in shade or in artificial heat (not over 40C); also (sometimes) the leaves and bark.
Application: this time honoured drug is used whenever perspiration is required for speeding the healing process. It is taken as hot as possible as an infusion: 2 teaspoons per cup water, or better 1 teaspoon Sambucus and 1 teaspoon Tilia flowers, allow to stand for 8-12 minutes, taken 2-3 times a day for the common cold, other febrile conditions and to activate kidney functions. The freshly pressed juice of the berries acts as a laxative or is taken for bronchitis and coughs.

E, Launert 1981 Edible and medicinal plants of Britiain and Northern Europe, Hamlyn,

It seems that the first recipe is using the properties of the juice mentioned here

tillia are lime trees (not citrus) unfortunately we are well past there season :(

lei.talk
08-15-2009, 03:24 PM
Sambucus nigra (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sambucus_nigra#Food)

Sambucus canadensis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sambucus_canadensis#Growth)