PDA

View Full Version : Empathy and psycopath tests - Post your results

liamliam
02-09-2013, 03:31 AM
Judging by some of the posts I have seen, it would seem that some of the posters on here are not the most empathetic. So I'm curious to see what people's results are on these tests. Please be honest about your results as otherwise there is no point.

Empathy test:

http://glennrowe.net/baroncohen/empathyquotient/empathyquotient.aspx

Psycopath test:

http://kevin-goodman.com/?page_id=1229

My score for the empathy test was 58.

0 - 32 = low (most people with Asperger Syndrome or high-functioning autism score about 20)
33 - 52 = average (most women score about 47 and most men score about 42)
53 - 63 is above average
64 - 80 is very high
80 is maximum

My results for the psycopath test are:

So-Pr-Mo-Em-En/Ti-Hn-Ls-Ad-Sn-Sc.

Pro social, Principled, Modest, Empathetic, High need for structure, Low Sadism, Adaptive, Schizoid negative.

Interpreting the results of your test

If your test contains any of the following combinations then it indicates the corresponding personality type. If you do not have any of these combinations then there is no significance to your results.

Ap, Se, and As = Sociopathic personality

Ap, Se, and Am = Potentially sociopathic

Ap, Se, and As + Pr = Principled sociopath

Ap, Se, and As + Hs = Potentially dangerous sociopath

Ap, Se, and As + Ad = Adaptive sociopath

Ap and As = Antisocial personality (strengthened with Ma)

Gr with any of the above = narcissistic personality

Sp = Schizoid personality

Key

Em=Empathetic vs. Ap=Apathetic

Se=Pro-self vs. So=Pro-social

Pr=Principled vs. Am=Amoral

As=Anti-social vs. Sc=Social

Gr=Grandiose vs. Mo=Modest

Ln=Low need for structure vs. Hn=High need for structure

Ad=Adaptive vs. Ma=Maladaptive

Hs=High Sadism vs. Ls=Low Sadism

Sp=Schizoid positive vs. Sn=Schizoid negative

Definiton of empathy:

Empathy: Empathy is an ability to understand and feel what another person is feeling, not in a physical sense, but in an emotional sense. The expression, "put yourself in someone else's shoes" is actually a description of empathy. Therapists are usually trained to be more empathetic so that they can have more of an appreciation for what their clients are experiencing. This helps them understand their client's situation, perspective, and problems much better.

Sociopathy/Psycopathy definiton:

1. Sociopaths are usually defined as people displaying anti social behavior which is mainly characterized by lack of empathy towards others that is coupled with display of abnormal moral conduct and inability to conform with the norms of the society. People suffering from antisocial personality disorder are often referred to as sociopaths. Some of the other characteristics that sociopaths may display are stealing, lying, lack of remorse for others and towards living beings, irresponsible behavior, impulsive behavior, drug or alcohol abuse, problems with the law, violating rights of others, aggressive behavior and much more.

Though no person is born with this disorder, the sociopathic personality disorder does involve a history of persistent anti social behavior during childhood before the age of 15 and if left untreated, this disorder continues into adulthood too. Sociopaths could also have been influenced by various environmental factors around the age of 15 that is also one of the main reasons for this disorder in individuals.

Though there are no distinct biological causes that have been identified as the main cause for this disorder, research suggest that for people suffering from sociopathic personality disorder, the part of the brain that is mainly responsible for an individual’s learning from his or her own mistakes and responding to fearful and sad facial expressions tends to be smaller than in a normal individual. Researchers believe that this may be the reason for lack of empathy towards others. There are theories that also indicate that hormonal fluctuations also have a role to play in this disorder, however the links have not been directly established.

People suffering from Sociopathic disorders tend to be superficially charming. They also tend to display behavior which include manipulation of people around them, desire to be in control of everything and everyone around them that usually leads to grave consequences and shallow emotions.

Chances are you know a sociopath. I say "ordinary lives," but what they do is far from ordinary. Sociopaths are people without a conscience. They don't have the normal empathy the rest of us take for granted. They don't feel affection. They don't care about others. But most of them are good observers, and they have learned how to mimic feelings of affection and empathy remarkably well.

Most people with a conscience find it very difficult to even imagine what it would be like to be without one. Combine this with a sociopath's efforts to blend in, and the result is that most sociopaths go undetected.

Because they go undetected, they wreak havoc on their family, on people they work with, and on anyone who tries to be their friend. A sociopath deceives, takes what he (or she) wants, and hurts people without any remorse. Sociopaths don't feel guilty. They don't feel sorry for what they've done. They go through life taking what they want and giving nothing back. They manipulate and deceive and convincingly lie without the slightest second thought. They leave a path of confusion and upset in their wake.

Who are these people? Why are they the way they are? Apparently it has little to do with upbringing. Many studies have been done trying to find out what kind of childhood leads to sociopathy. So far, nothing looks likely. They could be from any kind of family. It is partly genetic, and partly mystery.

But researchers have found that the brains of sociopaths function differently than normal brains. And their brains function in a way that makes their emotional life unredeemably shallow. And yet they are capable of mimicking emotions like professional actors.
Sociopaths and psychopaths are the same thing. The original name for this disorder was "psychopath" but the general public and media confused it with "psycho" and "psychotic" so in the 1930s the name was changed to sociopath. Recently the media again caused a misperception that sociopaths were always serial killers, so now many call the condition "antisocial personality disorder (ASPD)."

Stefan
02-09-2013, 03:36 AM
I have low cognitive empathy, in the bottom 5 percentile. My affective empathy is quite fine though.

Pallantides
02-09-2013, 03:48 AM
I think such psychopathy tests are a bit useless, as the true psychopaths will probably lie.

Mark
02-09-2013, 03:52 AM
Empathy Score: 54

Stefan
02-09-2013, 03:53 AM
Oh by the way. Appeal to psychology is a logical fallacy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_psychology

Aredhel
02-09-2013, 03:56 AM
My results of the psycopath test are:

Se-Pr-Gr-Ap-En/Ti-Ln-Ls-Ad-Sp-Sc.

Ap, Se, and As + Pr = Principled sociopath
Gr with any of the above = narcissistic personality

So I'm a principled sociopath with narcissistic and schizoid personality :eek::eek::eek:

AlexandraD
02-09-2013, 04:03 AM
Empathy Score: 67

Congratulations - you have completed The Online Psychopath Self Assessment Test. Your personality profile is So-Pr-Mo-Em-En/Ti-Ln-Ls-Ad-Sn-Sc.

i would hope i scored somewhat like that, considering my area of study/job area (hopefully). although these tests are never indicative of anything really, best to use it as a general indicator than an actual diagnosis.

also i think not everybody fits the mainstream view of empathetic or caring. people show it in different ways; trying to classify it or put a textbook definition robs the diversity we see in people. i have very close friends who are considered odd, weird, "cold" and "unempathetic" but i love them and i think they are great, they just show they care/do things in slightly different ways. i always take these definitions and diagnoses' with a grain of salt :)

CVCV
02-09-2013, 04:13 AM
Empathy

Your score: 39
0 - 32 = low (most people with Asperger Syndrome or high-functioning autism score about 20)
53 - 63 is above average
64 - 80 is very high
80 is maximum

Psychopathy

So-Pr-Mo-Em-En/Ti-Ln-Ls-Ad-Sn-Sc.

(Social-Principled-Modest-Empathetic-?/?-Low need for structure-Low sadism-Adaptive-Schizoid negative-Social)

Oneeye
02-09-2013, 04:20 AM
Se-Pr-Mo-Em-En/Ti-Ln-Hs-Ad-Sn-As.

LOL, I'm empathetic with high sadism?

derLowe
02-09-2013, 04:44 AM
I don't need a test to tell me that I got no empathy for stupid people, I already know that.

Colonel Frank Grimes
02-09-2013, 06:57 AM
Empathy
Your score: 33

So-Pr-Gr-Ap-En/Ti-Ln-Hs-Ad-Sn-Sc

Apathetic

Pro-social

Principled

Social

Grandiose

Low need for structure

Adaptive

High Sadism

Schizoid negative

Lobotomist
02-09-2013, 10:01 AM
Empathy score: 37.

Queen B
02-09-2013, 10:20 AM
Empathy

Your score: 47
53 - 63 is above average
64 - 80 is very high
80 is maximum

Phychopath test:

Your personality profile is Se-Pr-Mo-Em-En/Ti-Ln-Ls-Ad-Sn-Sc.

Nurzat
02-09-2013, 10:31 AM
Empathy quotient:

Your score: 31
53 - 63 is above average
64 - 80 is very high
80 is maximum

------------------------------

Congratulations - you have completed The Online Psychopath Self Assessment Test. Your personality profile is Se-Pr-Mo-Ap-En/Ti-Hn-Ls-Ad-Sn-As.

Se = Pro-self (NOT So=Pro-social)
Pr=Principled (NOT Am=Amoral)
Mo=Modest (NOT Gr=Grandiose)
Ap=Apathetic (NOT Em=Empathetic)
Hn=High need for structure (NOT Ln=Low need for structure)
Ad=Adaptive (NOT Ma=Maladaptive)
Ls=Low Sadism (NOT Hs=High Sadism)
As=Anti-social (NOT Sc=Social)

i lack Sp=Schizoid positive so it seems i am not a psychopath... nor sadistic...

Nurzat
02-09-2013, 10:37 AM
those showing high sadism, low need for structure, grandiosity, amorality and Sp (schizoid positive) in the test should be expelled from the apricity as they are potential dangerous people

Zmey Gorynych
02-09-2013, 10:39 AM
I'm not exactly empathetic, pretty anti-social and quite narcissistic but I'm definitely not a psycopath.

Nurzat
02-09-2013, 10:40 AM
I'm not exactly empathetic, pretty anti-social and quite narcissistic but I'm definitely not a psycopath.

...i was talking about those showing high sadism, low need for structure, grandiosity, amorality and Sp (schizoid positive). these are the hallmarks

Zmey Gorynych
02-09-2013, 10:42 AM
...i was talking about those showing high sadism, low need for structure, grandiosity, amorality and Sp (schizoid positive). these are the hallmarks
My post was not meant to be a reply to yours :)

AlexandraD
02-09-2013, 10:42 AM

how is low need for structure a bad sign? i have mild ADHD and have trouble with 'structure' as in making lists, or chores, getting stuff done. on meds its a bit better but i know alot of people, writers, people in social sciences and they just operate differently. people who get stuff done in a neat, and tidy ordered way aren't any different from people who get stuff done via different methods...

or did you mean all those in combination with eachother, in that case my bad i totally read it wrong :P

Nurzat
02-09-2013, 10:45 AM
how is low need for structure a bad sign? i have mild ADHD and have trouble with 'structure' as in making lists, or chores, getting stuff done. on meds its a bit better but i know alot of people, writers, people in social sciences and they just operate differently. people who get stuff done in a neat, and tidy ordered way aren't any different from people who get stuff done via different methods...

or did you mean all those in combination with eachother, in that case my bad i totally read it wrong :P

yes, it is about the mix. a minimum of three or four of those should indicate a distorted person. and girls are messy by default, no need to worry dear alex

Kazimiera
02-09-2013, 10:57 AM
Empathy

Your score: 33

53 - 63 is above average
64 - 80 is very high
80 is maximum

Psychopathy

So-Pr-Mo-Em-En/Ti-Hn-Ls-Ad-Sp-Sc.

Pro-social
Principled
Modest
Empathetic (obviously not that much considering my results on the empathy test)
High need for structure
Adaptive
Low sadism
Schizoid positive
Social

From what I've gathered here, no psychopathic tendencies

Zmey Gorynych
02-09-2013, 11:38 AM
Empathy
Your score: 23
53 - 63 is above average
64 - 80 is very high
80 is maximum

Psychopathy

Se-Am-Mo-Ap-En/Ti-Hn-Hs-Ad-Sp-Sc

Ap, Se, and Am = Potentially sociopathic
Sp = Schizoid personality

Se=Pro-self
Am=Amoral
Mo=Modest
Ap=Apathetic
Hn=High need for structure
Hs=High Sadism
Ad=Adaptive
Sp=Schizoid positive
Sc=Social

Quite the jam, eh !? :) Actually I'm not that amoral nor sadistic. I expected anti-social and narcissistic.

Aredhel
02-09-2013, 05:10 PM
those showing high sadism, low need for structure, grandiosity, amorality and Sp (schizoid positive) in the test should be expelled from the apricity as they are potential dangerous people

Hey guy don't take this test so serious :thumb001: ;)

Just a psychologist or psychiatrist can make such diagnosis :) in real life

Oneeye
02-09-2013, 05:21 PM

As if a real sociopath would expose him or herself :picard1:

derLowe
02-09-2013, 05:37 PM
As if a real sociopath would expose him or herself :picard1:

Perhaps a stupid one.

Gospodine
02-09-2013, 06:20 PM
Judging by some of the posts I have seen, it would seem that some of the posters on here are not the most empathetic.

... Yeah, to you. Because you're a retarded, pro race-mixing troll who spams pictures of ugly mulattos.

Linet
02-09-2013, 06:31 PM
Empathy 64

Your personality profile is So-Pr-Mo-Em-En/Ti-Ln-Ls-Ma-Sn-Sc.

Graham
02-09-2013, 06:37 PM
43 Empathy.

A good amount of questions have nowt to do with empathy.

For example: Q. Friends usually talk to me about their problems

Men don't open up to other men, on this. People don't mention there problems, it doesn't happen. Perhaps in the family.

Linet
02-09-2013, 06:38 PM
43 Empathy.

Men don't open up to other men, on this. People don't mention there problems, it doesn't happen. Perhaps in the family.

Break the injustice :shakefist:

Graham
02-09-2013, 06:40 PM
Break the injustice :shakefist:
:thumb001::) impossible
I only say what problems, I have online. Some of freinds didn't even know I had a serious Asthma attack, only months later. Because I didn't mention it. :p

AlexandraD
02-09-2013, 06:44 PM
43 Empathy.

quizzes and tests related to pyschology often have two adjustments

A) asking the same question twice, or a similarly worded question. to see if the responder responds the same way, or not - checking for honesty, consistency

B) putting in junk questions to see if they are paying attention, or answering the same on every question (for ex: a, a, a ,a / true true true true / etc)

:)

Linet
02-09-2013, 06:44 PM
:thumb001::) impossible
I only say what problems, I have online. Some of freinds didn't even know I had a serious Asthma attack, only months later. Because I didn't mention it. :p

Well...:eusa_eh:
If that had happened to me :chin: , i would have called all my close friends to tell them and get peace :patpat:

Jackson
02-09-2013, 08:09 PM
Uh.
Emphathy Test:
Your score: 14
53 - 63 is above average
64 - 80 is very high
80 is maximum

Psychopath Test:
So-Pr-Gr-Ap-En/Ti-Hn-Ls-Ad-Sp-As

I really don't understand the system they use here, it's obscure to say the least.

What does the / mean in the middle, and why i have got 5 or 6 in a row rather than 3 or 4 as in the examples, do they have to be in a particular order?

Very poorly put together. So i found out from that test my personality is a string of numbers that is supposed to mean something.

I'll give it a go, so i have:

1) Pro Social (Not sure how i got that, i always get introverted on every test)
2) Principled
3) Grandiose
4) Apathetic
5) En (There isn't even an En on the key, so i have no idea what this is)

1) Ti (Not listed either)
I give up.

Shit test.

Graham
02-09-2013, 08:12 PM
14 is high for an Englishman.:laugh:

Jackson
02-09-2013, 08:21 PM
14 is high for an Englishman.:laugh:

They forgot to put in that category:

0-5 - English

Farah
02-09-2013, 08:27 PM
Empathy score: 63

Psychopath result: So-Pr-Mo-Em-En/Ti-Ln-Ls-Ad-Sn-Sc.

I think though, some questions on the psychopath test seem too ambiguous though and can have a double meaning (negative or positive, depending on the context)..

Graham
02-09-2013, 08:28 PM
They forgot to put in that category:

0-5 - English
I'm only joking. English people on average, are friendly. Am Being a dick. :picard2:
You come across as one of the nicer posters here. So I can't trust the test

Mazik
02-09-2013, 08:58 PM
Your score: 53

It's just above the average, I'm not chocked since I've always felt I got much more empathy compared to my friends and other people around me.

arcticwolf
02-09-2013, 09:10 PM
I got: Your score: 57
That's pretty low for a Buddhist. LOL

Neon Knight
02-09-2013, 09:43 PM
Very average for Empathy. No Psycho category.

I know / have known manipulative types and nothing winds me up more than when people try to play social games with me. I always rebel against that.

Colonel Frank Grimes
02-09-2013, 11:10 PM

I'm certainly afraid of people over the internet.

Someone protect me from all the bad people over the internet. They might, like, virtually hurt me.

Partizan
02-09-2013, 11:47 PM
Empathy score:46

Congratulations - you have completed The Online Psychopath Self Assessment Test. Your personality profile is So-Pr-Gr-Em-En/Ti-Hn-Ls-Ad-Sn-As.

Pro-Social
Principled
Grandiose/Narcissistic(I knew I knew :joy)
Empathetic
High need for structure
Low Sadism
Adaptive
Schizoid negative
Anti-Social(I knew it too)

Oneeye
02-10-2013, 12:04 AM
Your score: 17
53 - 63 is above average
64 - 80 is very high
80 is maximum

Really???

Stefan
02-10-2013, 12:06 AM
Empathy Quotient

Your score: 5
53 - 63 is above average
64 - 80 is very high
80 is maximum

Told ya. :P

Congratulations - you have completed The Online Psychopath Self Assessment Test. Your personality profile is So-Am-Mo-Ap-En/Ti-Hn-Ls-Ad-Sp-Sc.

So=Pro-social
Am=Amoral
Mo=Modest
Ap=Apathetic
Hn=High need for structure
Ad=Adaptive
Sp=Schizoid positive
Sc=Social

Jackson
02-10-2013, 12:24 AM
Two more like-minded people. :)

CVCV
02-10-2013, 03:17 PM
Empathy score: 63

Psychopath result: So-Pr-Mo-Em-En/Ti-Ln-Ls-Ad-Sn-Sc.

I think though, some questions on the psychopath test seem too ambiguous though and can have a double meaning (negative or positive, depending on the context)..

:thumb001: You are the healthier one here.

Jackson
03-28-2013, 08:35 PM
Took the empathy test again and got a 7, think i got 14 last time so i guess i'm about 10 in reality.

Maria Sharapova
05-31-2017, 03:10 PM
Despite this tests lack of accuracy in providing an accurate diagnosis, as someone diagnosed by a professional with aspergers syndrome I found it amusing if nothing else.
https://s10.postimg.org/ynkhf8pm1/IMG_20170601_003643_948.jpg
I actually thought I would score lower. I wouldn't say I completely lack empathy, its more that I can't understand others emotions as well as I might like. I lost a lot of points on the test above on questions that hardly relate to empathy, a lot of marks where lost on the questions relating to social situations. I know for a fact I have empathy, purely on the basis that I deeply feel for most animals(cats ect.). But alas, I confess my personality can be what people sometimes describe as stoic, for instance on one occasion my cousin told me I remind her of the actress Kristana Loken who played t-x in terminator 3 :lol: :lol: :lol: xD
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f4/14/f4/f414f432527e0bf70fc0d52495397ba7.jpg

Sekarotuinen
05-31-2017, 11:22 PM
I got 28 on the empathy one. And 'no psychopathic tendencies' on the other.
I am actually slightly autistic.

Mingle
05-31-2017, 11:26 PM
Neither links worked for me.

Beowulf
04-02-2024, 08:16 PM
Empathy test:

https://greatergood.berkeley.edu/quizzes/results/empathy

Empathy Quiz ResultsYour empathy score is 96 out of 110, indicating a high level of empathy in general.
Our empathy quiz measures two particular dimensions of empathy. Your score suggests that you have a strong ability to sense other people's emotions—the dimension of empathy known as “affective empathy.” This means that other people's feelings may be contagious: If they seem happy, you feel happy; if they seem afraid, you feel afraid; if they are suffering, you feel their pain. Your ability to sense others' emotional states may also make you feel more concerned about their welfare, and more likely to want to help them when they are distressed. Sometimes, however, affective empathy can increase feelings of personal distress when you encounter suffering, which can prevent you from providing effective support.
Your score also suggests that you can easily put yourself in others' shoes and imagine what they might be thinking or feeling—the dimension of empathy known as “cognitive empathy.” Your ability to take other people's perspectives may help you communicate and negotiate more effectively in your personal and professional relationships, and it may also make you less likely to rely on stereotypes when trying to understand others' behavior.

Psycopath test:

https://psychcentral.com/quizzes/psychopathy-quiz
Your Total Score: 1 out of 24Results of The Psychopathy QuizYou answered this quiz consistent with people who would not generally be considered a psychopath by research methods currently used to quickly screen for psychopathy in the population.
Common Myth: While many people believe that psychopathy is more prevalent among CEOs and Wall Street bankers, this is a myth not supported by any research. While on the surface it may seem that many of the symptoms and traits of psychopathy might lend themselves to positions of greater power, the two are not synonymous.
One of the problems is that psychopaths tend to be pretty quickly "outed" for their antisocial behaviors, because the charm is purely superficial and easily detected over time with greater exposure to the psychopath.

Scarface F
04-02-2024, 08:35 PM
Your empathy score is 89 out of 110, indicating a high level of empathy in general.

No psychopathy
Your Total Score: 2 out of 24

Vessna
04-03-2024, 03:25 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240403/fa83d55020af5f5b7296ecb2f612d945.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240403/d5fa853b6dfde32328186dea156bb6d7.jpg