PDA

View Full Version : Tesco bolognaise 60% horsemeat

Loki
02-11-2013, 09:04 PM
Horsemeat scandal: Tesco reveals 60% content in dish (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21418342)

Some Tesco Everyday Value Spaghetti Bolognese contains 60% horsemeat, DNA tests by the retailer have found.

The meal, withdrawn from sale on Tuesday, came from the French factory producing Findus beef lasagne, also at the centre of a row over horsemeat.

Meanwhile, Environment Secretary Owen Paterson has told MPs of plans to test all processed beef in the UK.

Romania has rejected claims that it was responsible for wrongly describing horsemeat from its abattoirs as beef.

Tesco took the frozen bolognese off the shelves when it found out Findus was concerned about the source of its meat processed by Comigel, based at Metz, north-eastern France.

Mistel
02-11-2013, 09:37 PM
It's always a risk with ready-made foods. You never know what is in them. Better to make it yourself :) Maybe it will put more people off eating those kinds of food or at least worrying about the kind of things they put in them. I don't see any problem with eating horsemeat in general, though.

larali
02-12-2013, 12:07 AM
Meat is meat....

askra
02-12-2013, 12:26 AM
This is a food fraud because Bolognaise Ragu Sauce is done with beef, and not horsemeat.
Horsemeat is however edible, and commonly eaten in many part of the world, Europe included .

Incal
02-12-2013, 12:55 AM
Almost any kind of processed meat got some horse, this is nothing new, at least not in my third world.

Jackson
02-12-2013, 01:05 AM
It works. If you can't ride em, eat em.

Fortis in Arduis
02-12-2013, 02:02 AM
Someone said that good horse meat is actually quite expensive, so people might have been eating low grade horse meat.

I would suggest that just about everybody in the country has had some, including my vegetarian self, possibly in the form of horse lard. I just hope that it was not poisonous in any way. This is a massive conspiracy against the consumer, and to blame it on crime gangs sounds like a simplification.

Ha ha.

Bolognaise = Bollocknaise

Made from old animal bollocks.

liamliam
02-12-2013, 02:06 AM
ergh gross. I remember seeing on the news also that findus lasagne's had up to 100% horsemeat. :eek:

Anglojew
02-12-2013, 02:28 AM
Is it Halal?

Fortis in Arduis
02-12-2013, 03:02 AM
Is it Halal?

No, but if any of it was sold as Halal I would Lolol...

Pallantides
02-12-2013, 04:02 AM
Horsemeat is however edible, and commonly eaten in many part of the world, Europe included .

True, it's a common ingredient in some Norwegian sausages like morrpølse.