PDA

View Full Version : About Carinthians

ˇołnir
02-12-2013, 10:56 AM
I have been wondering what are stereotypes about Carinthians in Austria + what are your impressions on them?

Corvus
02-12-2013, 11:00 AM
Austrians with partially Slovenian ancestry but in general hardcore patriots.
Even more than in other regions.
Mad for icehockey and most are equipped with a very good sense of humour

ˇołnir
02-12-2013, 11:07 AM
most are equipped with a very good sense of humour

Interesting. xD Btw do you think their nature is cold or hot blooded? I mean how lively or un-lively they are compared to others? :)

Corvus
02-12-2013, 11:11 AM
Interesting. xD Btw do you think their nature is cold or hot blooded? I mean how lively or un-lively they are compared to others? :)

More lively. They love to celebrate esp. festivities like Fasching (today) are held in style. They are also often emotional people, but ok. most Austrians are. Their accent is particular. Some say it sounds like German with Slavic intonation but this is kind of controversial.

ˇołnir
02-12-2013, 11:18 AM
Their accent is particular. Some say it sounds like German with Slavic intonation but this is kind of controversial.

I see. Yes accent isnt neccesarly influenced i guess. I can't say anything becose i can't differate alot between German accents. :D

More lively. They love to celebrate esp. festivities like Fasching (today) are held in style.

Good ppl i liek these things too. xD

Corvus
02-12-2013, 11:19 AM
Judge yourself :D

gNPDtRSXRDM

ˇołnir
02-13-2013, 09:44 AM
I must say i suprisingly do distinct it from standard. :) Is there any other video of this dialekt? Btw i see some folk on youtube mention Kärntna and Österreicha with a ending is this normal in Austro-Bavarian dialekts?

Corvus
02-13-2013, 09:50 AM
Carinthian is the best dialect of Austria in my ears. It is not so strong like the Styrian one,
but sounds more fluid and smooth. It is also not paying much importance to grammer.
You can often say things like you want without beeing cautious about the right ending
and the word "nit or nix" is used instead of "ned" or "nicht" like in other dialects.
I can search for other examples.

ˇołnir
02-13-2013, 09:56 AM
Okey tyt. Anyway ahahah he was so pissed. Alles hin! :D Btw i got impresion on youtube Carinthians are equated with rednecks. xD

Austo
05-26-2013, 01:08 PM
Austrians like to make holiday in carinthia. So many beautiful lakes there.