PDA

View Full Version : Why is there a Greek yogurt brand "Chobani" when that is not a Greek name?

Sikeliot
02-18-2013, 01:58 AM
It's Armenian rooted, like the surname "Chobanian".

Why is there a Greek yogurt brand named Chobani in the US?

Incal
02-18-2013, 02:06 AM
Why is there an american fruit brand "Chiquita" when that's not an english name?

Sikeliot
02-18-2013, 02:12 AM
That's different.. this is an American yogurt brand that is supposed to be authentically Greek and they used an Armenian rooted name.

Incal
02-18-2013, 02:25 AM
Probably the founder was Armenian. There's always been armenians in Greece you know.

Sikeliot
02-18-2013, 02:33 AM
Probably the founder was Armenian. There's always been armenians in Greece you know.

He's Turkish.

rashka
02-18-2013, 02:36 AM
Chobani? I know that Čoban is Serbian, Romanian and Turkic. It means shepherd.

Yalquzaq
02-18-2013, 02:39 AM
"Chobanian" comes from "Choban", which is not Armenian, but of Turkic origin. It means "shepherd". Alot of Armenians have Turkic last names added with Armenian "yan/ian" suffix. But "Choban" can also exist in Armenian language as a loanword, alot of languagues have this loanword, in short however it is not of Armenian origin.

Sikeliot
02-18-2013, 02:44 AM
"Chobanian" comes from "Choban", which is not Armenian, but of Turkic origin. It means "shepherd". Alot of Armenians have Turkic last names added with Armenian "yan/ian" suffix. But "Choban" can also exist in Armenian language, alot of languagues have this loanword, in short however it is not of Armenian origin.

Well then it'd make sense since the company's owner is Turkish.

But it still doesn't change that it's not Greek.. I just don't know why something marketed as Greek yogurt has a non-Greek name.

wvwvw
02-18-2013, 02:50 AM
It is Greek too. Tsopanos (Tσοπάνos) in Greek also means Shepherd ;)

Sikeliot
02-18-2013, 02:51 AM
It is Greek too. Tsopanos (Tσοπάνos) in Greek also means Shepherd ;)

It's harder to see it because of the spelling.

I guess it's a sign that Turkish linguistic influence in the Balkans and Armenia is present. :lol:

Caismeachd
02-18-2013, 02:56 AM
It's just marketing. If you really wanted you could probably raise a fuss and force them not to call it Greek yogurt.

wvwvw
02-18-2013, 02:56 AM
We also say Voskos (Βοσκός) it basically means the same thing :biggrin:

Caismeachd
02-18-2013, 02:59 AM
Did you know the ice cream brand Häägen Dazs is just a made up word? The brand was made by two Jewish guys from New York and they just made up that word to sound European.

Sikeliot
02-18-2013, 03:04 AM
Did you know the ice cream brand Häägen Dazs is just a made up word? The brand was made by two Jewish guys from New York and they just made up that word to sound European.

I thought it was Dutch all this time!

Incal
02-18-2013, 04:07 AM

Exactly. It's just marketing.

d3cimat3d
02-18-2013, 04:13 AM
Choban means shepherd in Gagauzian. Cioban is shepherd in Romanian. I think it's a Vlache word.

rhiannon
It's Armenian rooted, like the surname "Chobanian".

Why is there a Greek yogurt brand named Chobani in the US?

I dunno, but greek yogurt has flooded the market and the stuff is disgusting. It tastes like old milk. I like soft yogurts such as yoplait and whatnot, but it's getting harder to find normal yogurt in lieu of this greek yogurt craze.

Vesuvian Sky
Chobani...meh. (probably some sort of marketing thing the name thing....)

I prefer Faye:

rashka
02-18-2013, 04:16 AM
I like my yoghurt firm and not runny. So the Greek style is good.

legolasbozo
02-18-2013, 07:53 AM
Well then it'd make sense since the company's owner is Turkish.

But it still doesn't change that it's not Greek.. I just don't know why something marketed as Greek yogurt has a non-Greek name.

then you have no idea about marketing. There is a huge greek population in US, why he named his yoghurt brand greek is makes sense now huh?

legolasbozo
02-18-2013, 07:57 AM
I dunno, but greek yogurt has flooded the market and the stuff is disgusting. It tastes like old milk. I like soft yogurts such as yoplait and whatnot, but it's getting harder to find normal yogurt in lieu of this greek yogurt craze.

in US, what you eat as a yoghurt is not "real yoghurt" it is like mutationed ice cream, disgusting. Real yoghurt is really healthy. you can eat it with everything, but for your disaster cuisine i guess real yoghurt is not preferable. Yoghurt and also kefir from caucas region is really beneficial for health.

Hayalet
02-18-2013, 08:47 AM
"Chobanian" comes from "Choban", which is not Armenian, but of Turkic origin.
Actually, it entered Turkic languages as a loanword as well; the ultimate origin is Persian.

Hoca
02-18-2013, 08:53 AM
"Chobanian" comes from "Choban", which is not Armenian, but of Turkic origin. It means "shepherd". Alot of Armenians have Turkic last names added with Armenian "yan/ian" suffix. But "Choban" can also exist in Armenian language as a loanword, alot of languagues have this loanword, in short however it is not of Armenian origin.

Indeed.

But this is a weird thread.

Queen B
02-18-2013, 08:56 AM
And the owner is Kurdish.

Hoca
02-18-2013, 09:09 AM
And the owner is Kurdish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyLeWpCxHZw

He identifies as Turk, but it doesn't matter he earns big money with using Greek nationalism

Queen B
02-18-2013, 09:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyLeWpCxHZw
He identifies as Turk, but it doesn't matter.It is Greek he earns big money with using Greek nationalism
That proves my point of your origin. You are a mish-mash of Kurds, Armenians, Greeks and Balkans, and you call yourself Turkish :D
But he is having the Turkish mentality, that's sure. Using something Greek, to earn money :cool: Because everything Greek, gets popular :D

Hoca
02-18-2013, 09:26 AM
That proves my point of your origin. You are a mish-mash of Kurds, Armenians, Greeks and Balkans, and you call yourself Turkish :D
But he is having the Turkish mentality, that's sure. Using something Greek, to earn money :cool: Because everything Greek, gets popular :D

Yoghurt is not Greek but central Asian. It is actually Greeks who take our food and present it as theirs to the world. And you haven't proven anything. He is not mish-mash he just has Kurdish ancestry. You Greeks are actually mish-mash as the Greek teachers are teaching you. You guys are everything but Greek hahaa. Finally Greek teachers have woken up.

Queen B
02-18-2013, 09:37 AM
Yoghurt is not Greek but central Asian. It is actually Greeks who take our food and present it as theirs to the world. And you haven't proven anything. He is not mish-mash he just has Kurdish ancestry. You Greeks are actually mish-mash as the Greek teachers are teaching you. You guys are everything but Greek hahaa. Finally Greek teachers have woken up.
What the fuck are you talking about?
Yes, Yogurt was founded by Central Asians, but that doesn't mean that every kind of yogurt you will find is Central Asian.:picard2:
In that case, Espresso is not Italian, Frappe is not Greek, your beloved ''Turkish coffee'' is not Turkish, etc, just because coffee was first started elsewear?
:picard2:
Its proving my point of your ancestry. You call yourself Turks, when in fact you are Kurds,Armenians, Greeks and Balkanese.
Unlike YOU, I call myself Greek, and my ancestry ISGreek. I have my recorded family tree from both sides for at least 400 years (500 of my maternal part), and except my mother's grandmother (Italian), there is no single foreigner in my direct lineage.

legolasbozo
02-18-2013, 10:42 AM

i'm agree with you about our roots. We are mish-mash, nothing to shame, that's for sure. But are u different? Arvanites, turks, arabs, persians. Both of us product of a fake nation. But eventually, you are greek i'm Turk. That guy seem kurdish background, has a Turkish national pride and marketing yoghurt with Greek name, end of the day he opened a development center in İstanbul, crytek ceo is Turko-German, he is from black sea, maybe has greek input in his heritage, but opened a development studio in istanbul. Whoever you are, wherever you come from is nothing, who you are isn't important, if you are serving to my country i embrace you, got my bless.

Hoca
02-18-2013, 10:47 AM
i'm agree with you about our roots. We are mish-mash, nothing to shame, that's for sure. But are u different? Arvanites, turks, arabs, persians. Both of us product of a fake nation. But eventually, you are greek i'm Turk. That guy seem kurdish background, has a Turkish national pride and marketing yoghurt with Greek name, end of the day he opened a development center in İstanbul, crytek ceo is Turko-German, he is from black sea, maybe has greek input in his heritage, but opened a development studio in istanbul. Whoever you are, wherever you come from is nothing, who you are isn't important, if you are serving to my country i embrace you, got my bless.

Do you know any Greeks from abroad coming back to Greece and opening a business?

Hoca
02-18-2013, 10:52 AM
What the fuck are you talking about?
Yes, Yogurt was founded by Central Asians, but that doesn't mean that every kind of yogurt you will find is Central Asian.:picard2:
In that case, Espresso is not Italian, Frappe is not Greek, your beloved ''Turkish coffee'' is not Turkish, etc, just because coffee was first started elsewear?
:picard2:
Its proving my point of your ancestry. You call yourself Turks, when in fact you are Kurds,Armenians, Greeks and Balkanese.
Unlike YOU, I call myself Greek, and my ancestry ISGreek. I have my recorded family tree from both sides for at least 400 years (500 of my maternal part), and except my mother's grandmother (Italian), there is no single foreigner in my direct lineage.

Yoghurt and Coffee is both Turkish origin. Before Turks came local people didn't use those products. Facts are hard.

And why do you bring up frappe? Frappe is just nescaffee with some cold milk. I mean if Greeks invented nescaffee I would understand your point but I wouldn't say cold coffee is a great Greek invention.

And don't give me mish mash about Greek history, even your teachers say you are everything but Greek. Turks don't claim to be only ethnic Turkic but Greece does do that. I would say Albanians and Macedonians have as much right to claim Balkan heritage as you.

legolasbozo
02-18-2013, 10:57 AM
Do you know any Greeks from abroad coming back to Greece and opening a business?

i don't know much about that, but i'm sure there are many greeks has national consciousness. and greeks are one of the top nation in Us has national pride about their roots. Onasis family, Elia kazan (he is from Kayseri) etc. İ think our biggest lost we don't have lobby in US. İ mean if there would be considerable Turkish-American in Us then everything would be different. Because italians make a movie about italy, greeks make a movie about Greece (Alexis Zorba) but we are still whinning about "why they represent us with our eminönü, grand pazar?" we are still begging producers to make a movie in Turkey. but things would be changed, then our cuisine, traditions, countryside beauty would be presented better.

Hellenas
02-18-2013, 11:15 AM
i'm agree with you about our roots. We are mish-mash, nothing to shame, that's for sure. But are u different? Arvanites, turks, arabs, persians.

Arvanites were Albanized Greeks and right now they are ethnically Greeks. No Hellenized Turks, Arabs, Persians in Greece, not now, not ever. Most Greeks are Greeks, unlike Turks who are not Turks.

legolasbozo
02-18-2013, 11:24 AM
Arvanites were Albanized Greeks and right now they are ethnically Greeks. No Hellenized Turks, Arabs, Persians in Greece, not now, not ever. Most Greeks are Greeks, unlike Turks who are not Turks.

According to your logic every ethnicity in turkey is ethnically Turk right now. When we talk about Balkanian Turks, everybody claim "they are not ethnically Turk, they are converted greeks, bulgars etc" but when we talk about Greeks came from Turkey they are ethnically Greek? if you say so, then it is.

Pecheneg
02-18-2013, 11:31 AM

We are a mix between Oghuz Turks and local Anatolians that's it. Besides compared to the P-IE /Kurgan (people who imposed IE language on local peoples of today's Greece) admixture in Greeks, Turks have about x10 times more Turkmen admixture than Greeks have P-IE so please stop throwing stones from a glass house. Why do you think that Greek islanders look like afro-haired north africans while Greeks from northern Greece look Balkan Slav? Oh wait, all of them are pure descendants of Hellenes, right.

lol Now yoğurt is Greek too?

i'm agree with you about our roots. We are mish-mash, nothing to shame, that's for sure. But are u different? Arvanites, turks, arabs, persians. Both of us product of a fake nation.

Sorry but you are not in a position to talk on behalf of Turks. There are a lot of minorities (most of them are small groups tough) in Turkey, i agree, but it doesn't mean average Turkish person has -for example- "Bosnian, Laz" etc admixture/roots. It's like saying average "ethnic Russian" has Yakut, Tatar, Bashkir, Chuvash etc roots because you know there are a lot of minorities in Russia too. About 70-80% of Turkey's population are "ethnic Turks" (Balkan Turks, Yörüks, Tatars, Karapapaks, Manav, Avshar, Nogai, Terekeme etc) , whether you like it or not. You are a mixed person apparently (judging by your ethnicity section), perhaps that's why you are trying to portray Turks as mixed as possible.

Btw, what the fuck is "fake nation"?? From your point of view, all nations on earth are fake since there isn't a single nation which is non-mixed.

Hellenas
02-18-2013, 11:34 AM
According to your logic every ethnicity in turkey is ethnically Turk right now.

No, it's not the same. Arvanites were Ancient Greeks that Albanized and then re-Hellenized, they are an Aegean Mediterranean people and this racial type almost do not exist in Albania, it is rare over there.

When we talk about Balkanian Turks, everybody claim "they are not ethnically Turk, they are converted greeks, bulgars etc" but when we talk about Greeks came from Turkey they are ethnically Greek? if you say so, then it is.

From Turkey? No from Turkey, but from the Greek areas and colonies of the Ancient Greeks in Asia Minor. Asian Minor Hellenes always referred as Greeks. They spoke Greek, had Greek traditions and manners, were Orthodox Christians and racially/genetically they were Greeks.

legolasbozo
02-18-2013, 11:41 AM
Sorry but you are not in a position to talk on behalf of Turks. There are a lot of minorities (most of them are small groups tough) in Turkey, i agree, but it doesn't mean average Turkish person has -for example- "Bosnian, Laz" etc admixture/roots. About 70-80% of Turkey's population are "ethnic Turks" (Balkan Turks, Yörüks, Tatars, Karapapaks, Manav, Avshar, Nogai, Terekeme etc) , whether you like it or not. You are a mixed person apparently (judging by your ethnicity section), perhaps that's why you are trying to portray Turks as mixed as possible.

Hacı sen ciddi ciddi türkiye'de herkesin bir şekilde orta asya ile bağlantılı olduğuna inanıyor musun? Bir çık sokağa bak, 100 kişiden 2-3 ünde o orta asya fenotipi vardır, bir sürü türkmen arkadaşım var ve bu adamlar kesin kürt dersin. Ben çankırlıyım, sokağa çıktığımda balkan menşei olmayan bir sürü adam görüyorum sarışın renkli gözlü, danimarkalılara benzeyen arkadaşım var mesela. Burada alınacak gücenecek bir şey yok ki, asıl hayır bu ülkede herkesde orta asya kalıtımı var demek abestir. Bir insanın etniği niye bu kadar önemseniyor ki? Sen bu ülkeye faydalı mısın, hizmet ediyor musun? istersen ermeni ol, yeter ki bu ülkeye aidiyetle bağlan mesele budur.

Hoca
02-18-2013, 11:46 AM
Greeks shouldn't be called Greek but Rum (Roman)

When Roman empire conquered Greece, they raped and assimilated all Greeks. The remaining people in Greece was just a mish mash of different people and Ancient Greeks disapeared. Of course some may have survived and have mixed with Romans but there are no direct descendants of Ancient Greek.

Anatolia is also not home of the Greeks but home of the Native Anatolians such as Lydians, Trojans, Hittite, etc. In other words, there are no Greeks left today.

Hellenas
02-18-2013, 11:47 AM
people who imposed IE language on local peoples of today's Greece

No one ever "imposed" any language on the local peoples of Greece, that's an Anglo-Saxon fake-theory which supports that the Greeks were Nordics. The Greeks had expanded out of the borders of modern Greece, up to Danube, and later they returned back to mainland, the Return of the Heracleidae as the Ancient Greeks themselves narrate.

Why do you think that Greek islanders look like afro-haired north africans while Greeks from northern Greece look Balkan Slav? Oh wait, all of them are pure descendants of Hellenes, right.

Greek islanders look like "afro-haired north africans"? Where did you found that, from the Nazis? Lol, Greek Islanders for the most part are European Aegean Mediterraneans and they are Greeks, they are far away racially and genetically from any North African population. Northern Greeks for the most part are Aegean Mediterranean Greeks and Epirotic Alpine Greeks=pure locals, no neo-Danubian and east-Baltics=Slavs in Greece.

Hellenas
02-18-2013, 11:53 AM
Greeks shouldn't be called Greek but Rum (Roman)

The genetical science have already prove that Greeks are descendants of Ancient Greeks, you are just ridiculous Hoca.

When Roman empire conquered Greece, they raped and assimilated all Greeks. The remaining people in Greece was just a mish mash of different people and Ancient Greeks disapeared. Of course some may have survived and have mixed with Romans but there are no direct descendants of Ancient Greek.

Prove it Hoca, where are the historical sources which prove you right?

Anatolia is also not home of the Greeks but home of the Native Anatolians such as Lydians, Trojans, Hittite, etc. In other words, there are no Greeks left today.

Dream on, Anatolia was a Greek colony for thousand of years, especially western. Modern Turkey is 40-60% European genetically and this mostly by Ancient Greeks and Greek Pelasgians... then by Balkanians and others.

Queen B
02-18-2013, 11:56 AM
Yoghurt and Coffee is both Turkish origin. Before Turks came local people didn't use those products. Facts are hard.
And why do you bring up frappe? Frappe is just nescaffee with some cold milk. I mean if Greeks invented nescaffee I would understand your point but I wouldn't say cold coffee is a great Greek invention.

Coffee is not Turkish to begin with.

And whatever coffee, Yogurt, Cheese or potatoes originate from, who made this specific type of , is what we are talking about.

If Greeks first took Instant Coffee (Nescafe is just a brand) and shaked it, and added milk, then Frape is Greek
If Irish took hot coffee and added whiskey, then this kind of coffee is Irish coffe.
If Italians took blue cheeze from unskimmed cow milk and prepared it that way first, then Gorgonzolla is Italian
If Arabs first took Chickpeas, tahini and olive and made it a dip, then Hummus is Arabic.
etc...

Easy as that.

And don't give me mish mash about Greek history, even your teachers say you are everything but Greek. Turks don't claim to be only ethnic Turkic but Greece does do that. I would say Albanians and Macedonians have as much right to claim Balkan heritage as you.
The ''teacher'' is saying even Sumerian, and NOT Italian, I don't take serious people that are THAT stupid, Hoca.

Pecheneg
02-18-2013, 11:56 AM
Hacı sen ciddi ciddi türkiye'de herkesin bir şekilde orta asya ile bağlantılı olduğuna inanıyor musun? Bir çık sokağa bak, 100 kişiden 2-3 ünde o orta asya fenotipi vardır, bir sürü türkmen arkadaşım var ve bu adamlar kesin kürt dersin. Ben çankırlıyım, sokağa çıktığımda balkan menşei olmayan bir sürü adam görüyorum sarışın renkli gözlü, danimarkalılara benzeyen arkadaşım var mesela. Burada alınacak gücenecek bir şey yok ki, asıl hayır bu ülkede herkesde orta asya kalıtımı var demek abestir.

Birincisi;
Ben ne zaman Türkiye'deki herkesin orta asya ile bağı vardır dedim??
Benim karşı çıktığım şey sürekli Türklerden "fake nation" diye bahsetmen. Milletin eline koz vermekten başka birşey yaptığın yok.

İkincisi;
Genetikten anlamadığını kendinde belirttin, ama ısrarla birşey biliyormuş gibi Türklerin kökeni hakkında atıp tutuyorsun. Tabiki her Türk orta asya kökenli değildir, ama bugün elin Yunan genetikçisi bile Türkleri "%30 Özbek / orta asyalı" bulurken sen neye dayanarak atıp tutuyorsun onu anlamış değilim? Bu arada "orta asya" deyince aklına Mançuryalılar, Koreliler gelmesin.

Türkmenler gelsin;
http://i47.tinypic.com/2ni90kh.jpg

Artık tekrar etmekten bıktım yemin ederim. Ben sanki Türkler 100% orta asyalı diyorum.. Türkler Oğuz-Türkmenler ile yerli anadoluların birleşimidir, hatta bana kalsa yerli kanı daha ağır basar. Ama senin gibilerin kalkıp "Türkler sahte millettir, herşeyin karışımıdır, Türk yoktur" vs demesi insanı sinir ediyor.

Üçüncüsü;

Bir insanın etniği niye bu kadar önemseniyor ki? Sen bu ülkeye faydalı mısın, hizmet ediyor musun? istersen ermeni ol, yeter ki bu ülkeye aidiyetle bağlan mesele budur.

Benim dediğimle ne ilgisi var bunun? Nereden konuyu buraya bağladın?
Farkında mısın bilmiyorum ama antropoloji forumunda yazıyorsun ve Türklerden "fake nation, mish-mash of everything" diye bahsediyorsun, sonra ben cevap verince işi dramaya bağlıyorsun. Banane milletin etnik kökeninden, mesela senin kökeninden banane? Yeter ki -bilhassa bilmediğin konularda- Türkler adına konuşma.

DJVT
02-18-2013, 12:01 PM
We are a mix between Oghuz Turks and local Anatolians that's it. Besides compared to the P-IE /Kurgan (people who imposed IE language on local peoples of today's Greece) admixture in Greeks, Turks have about x10 times more Turkmen admixture than Greeks have P-IE so please stop throwing stones from a glass house. Why do you think that Greek islanders look like afro-haired north africans while Greeks from northern Greece look Balkan Slav? Oh wait, all of them are pure descendants of Hellenes, right.

Sorry but you are not in a position to talk on behalf of Turks. There are a lot of minorities (most of them are small groups tough) in Turkey, i agree, but it doesn't mean average Turkish person has -for example- "Bosnian, Laz" etc admixture/roots. It's like saying average "ethnic Russian" has Yakut, Tatar, Bashkir, Chuvash etc roots because you know there are a lot of minorities in Russia too. About 70-80% of Turkey's population are "ethnic Turks" (Balkan Turks, Yörüks, Tatars, Karapapaks, Manav, Avshar, Nogai, Terekeme etc) , whether you like it or not. You are a mixed person apparently (judging by your ethnicity section), perhaps that's why you are trying to portray Turks as mixed as possible.

Btw, what the fuck is "fake nation"?? From your point of view, all nations on earth are fake since there isn't a single nation which is non-mixed.

Local Anatolians like what? :laugh:

Queen B
02-18-2013, 12:04 PM

Why NONE of you that claim that islanders look that way NEVER guess the islanders I posted? Never guess ANYONE correctly as a matter of fact.
Yeah, right, because you are talking out of your ASS.

This specific type of yogurt, yes. What you don't understand?

Pecheneg
02-18-2013, 12:19 PM
Why NONE of you that claim that islanders look that way NEVER guess the islanders I posted? Never guess ANYONE correctly as a matter of fact.

After a nice cherry-picking, you can't even distinguish Sicilians from Germans.

Yeah, right, because you are talking out of your ASS.

I'm not. Greek islanders and Cypriot Greeks cluster with Levantines.

This specific type of yogurt, yes. What you don't understand?
What specific type of yoğurt?

Hellenas
02-18-2013, 12:27 PM
Greek islanders and Cypriot Greeks cluster with Levantines.

That's true for Cypriots because most Geneticists include also the Turko-Cypriots in their studies, but where did you heard or saw that all Greek Islanders cluster with Levantines? Greek Islanders are a south-East European population.

Queen B
02-18-2013, 12:40 PM
After a nice cherry-picking, you can't even distinguish Sicilians from Germans.
No cherry picking. I m posting individuals with LOCAL names.

I'm not. Greek islanders and Cypriot Greeks cluster with Levantines.
You do. I posted many times groups, and you couldn't tell or you didn't answer. Next time, answer, if you dare ;)

What specific type of yoğurt?
Strained yogurt, low-fat and thick in texture.

Pecheneg
02-18-2013, 12:40 PM
That's true for Cypriots because most Geneticists include also the Turko-Cypriots in their studies
No they don't. They categorize Greek Cypriots under different category so please stop degrading yourself. :D

DJVT
02-18-2013, 12:42 PM

Hayalet
02-18-2013, 12:44 PM
Hacı sen ciddi ciddi türkiye'de herkesin bir şekilde orta asya ile bağlantılı olduğuna inanıyor musun? Bir çık sokağa bak, 100 kişiden 2-3 ünde o orta asya fenotipi vardır, bir sürü türkmen arkadaşım var ve bu adamlar kesin kürt dersin. Ben çankırlıyım, sokağa çıktığımda balkan menşei olmayan bir sürü adam görüyorum sarışın renkli gözlü, danimarkalılara benzeyen arkadaşım var mesela. Burada alınacak gücenecek bir şey yok ki, asıl hayır bu ülkede herkesde orta asya kalıtımı var demek abestir. Bir insanın etniği niye bu kadar önemseniyor ki? Sen bu ülkeye faydalı mısın, hizmet ediyor musun? istersen ermeni ol, yeter ki bu ülkeye aidiyetle bağlan mesele budur.
Bilip bilmeden konuşmasan? Kaç tane genetik test varsa hepsinde Türkler diğer Anadolu, Balkan, Kafkas ve Orta Doğu halklarında gözlenmeyen Doğu Asya ve Sibirya karışımı gösteriyorlar, ve Orta Asya'ya uzanma eğilimindeler. Örneklemler yeri geldiğinde Türkiye genelinden, yeri geldiğinde Aydın, İstanbul, Kayseri gibi belli yerlerden seçildi, sonuç aynı.

Pecheneg
02-18-2013, 12:45 PM

Like Hittites, Lydians etc who got Romanicized/Hellenicized during the Eastern Roman Empire.

DJVT
02-18-2013, 12:48 PM
Like Hittites, Lydians etc who got Romanicized/Hellenicized during the Eastern Roman Empire.

I just took a quick look and just what I expected, There where no Lydians or Hittites when the Oghuz tribes arrived in Anatolia. They were already assimilated by others.

Hayalet
02-18-2013, 12:50 PM
There where no Lydians or Hittites when the Oghuz tribes arrived in Anatolia. They were already assimilated by others.
Pecheneg's post is saying the same thing, genius.

Hoca
02-18-2013, 12:51 PM
I think Greeks are too indoctrinated. Hopefully some Greek teachers are waking up. So there is a little light of hope.

DJVT
02-18-2013, 12:54 PM
Pecheneg's post is saying the same thing, genius.

With Anatolians he meant Hittites and Lydians, But the fact is that the oghuz tribes assimilated the other groups (Hellenic,Armenian, Kurds) who are descendants of those people.

But he doesnt want to say that because that would harm is honour.

Hellenas
02-18-2013, 04:12 PM
No they don't. They categorize Greek Cypriots under different category so please stop degrading yourself. :D

Prove it, give us a link.

By the way, Turks are the most degraded people I have ever seen, as they turkify all kinds of people from all kinds of races so to make love to their mothers and born more mixed people.

Pecheneg
02-18-2013, 06:15 PM
Prove it, give us a link.

"Ethnic Greek Cypriots" overlap with Levantines get over it and go ask someone else if you don't believe me. Of course geneticists don't put Turkish cypriots and Greek cypriots in the same category, they are two different ethnicities. :bored:

http://i48.tinypic.com/2vtcvhu.jpg

You are confusing me with Greek members, I'm not one of those who think his ethnicity is purest one on earth. :D

Chuck Norris
02-18-2013, 06:15 PM
With Anatolians he meant Hittites and Lydians, But the fact is that the oghuz tribes assimilated the other groups (Hellenic,Armenian, Kurds) who are descendants of those people.

Exactly. Nailed it.

DJVT
02-18-2013, 06:23 PM
You are confusing me with Greek members, I'm not one of those who think his ethnicity is purest one on earth. :D

No I'm not confussing, I am very sure of it.

Pecheneg
02-18-2013, 06:38 PM
No I'm not confussing, I am very sure of it.

Then you are wrong.

Btw i sense butthurt armenian behind "Dutch" mask. You guys are fucking pathetic. :laugh:

Hellenas
02-18-2013, 07:01 PM
"Ethnic Greek Cypriots" overlap with Levantines get over it and go ask someone else if you don't believe me. Of course geneticists don't put Turkish cypriots and Greek cypriots in the same category, they are two different ethnicities. :bored:

http://i48.tinypic.com/2vtcvhu.jpg

WHERE IS THE LINK THAT PROVES THAT "geneticists don't put Turkish cypriots and Greek cypriots in the same category"? WHERE?

http://my.telegraph.co.uk/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/user/john_akritas/20080403201824.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8a/Greek_Cypriot_prisoners_taken_to_Adana_camps_Turke y_.jpg

http://vatopaidi.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/5_missing_soldiers_700_bg1.jpg

http://www.agrino.org/greeklibrary/projects/cyprus1974/images/missings/missing_parents_400_bg.jpg

http://www.hellenica.de/Griechenland/Zypern/Ges/AOCMissing.jpg

http://vatopaidi.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/cy05_02a.jpg

http://www.agelioforos.gr/files/POLITISMOS/agnooumenoi-kypro.jpg

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/43/fotosr1.gif

Those are Greek-Cypriots, you Turkish murderers.

http://www.mlahanas.de/Cyprus/History/AOCDemonstration1.jpg

Freedom NOW!!!

Pecheneg
02-18-2013, 07:04 PM
^ Not this shit again. :yawnee20: Go cry somewhere else.

DJVT
02-18-2013, 07:05 PM
Then you are wrong.

Btw i sense butthurt armenian behind "Dutch" mask. You guys are fucking pathetic. :laugh:

Omg you are so beyond smart, just like ashina another Turkish member who claimed me to be an other Dutch member who turned back... soo pathetic.
You think that someone who doesnt like Turks must be Armenian right :picard1:.

Pecheneg
02-18-2013, 07:20 PM
Omg you are so beyond smart, just like ashina another Turkish member who claimed me to be an other Dutch member who turned back... soo pathetic.

One does not need to be genius to guess you are another armenian twat behind european mask after reading your posts. Why the fuck would a dutch guy give a fuck about Armenian - Turkish related topics?

You think that someone who doesnt like Turks must be Armenian right :picard1:.

I don't fucking care if you like us or not, I'm just sick of pathetic armenians like you who don't have enough balls to tell his real ethnicity.

DJVT
02-18-2013, 07:27 PM
One does not need to be genius to guess you are another armenian twat behind european mask after reading your posts. Why the fuck would a dutch guy give a fuck about Armenian - Turkish related topics?

I don't fucking care if you like us or not, I'm just sick of pathetic armenians like you who don't have enough balls to tell his real ethnicity.

As someone who travelled alot I can say to you that I know alot of different ethnicities. I grow up in Amsterdam so I know Turks very well and their pathetic stories. National Turkish pride they where spreading around telling how great their Turkey is like you :).
If its that great than pack your baggs and leave.

I dont care what you think I am or not :) It is very funny actually.

Oh yea bright Turkish mind, this is more of a Greek-Turkish related thread

rhiannon
02-18-2013, 10:16 PM
in US, what you eat as a yoghurt is not "real yoghurt" it is like mutationed ice cream, disgusting. Real yoghurt is really healthy. you can eat it with everything, but for your disaster cuisine i guess real yoghurt is not preferable. Yoghurt and also kefir from caucas region is really beneficial for health.
I've had real yogurt...and kefir. Yogurt sauces are common in various ethnic cuisines. The yogurt you are thinking of is breakfast yogurt sweetened with sugar and added fruit.
The stuff getting hawked as Greek Yogurt here is gross, though. On the other hand, I really like Tzatziki and Raita...both yogurt based sauces.

Wow...the rest of this thread has turned into another case of inter-ethnic insult fest gone wild. This shit is getting old lol. I can see you sort of tried to bait me by calling our cuisine disaster. Some of it is disaster...but it's not all bad:)

Hoca
02-18-2013, 10:24 PM
I've had real yogurt...and kefir. Yogurt sauces are common in various ethnic cuisines. The yogurt you are thinking of is breakfast yogurt sweetened with sugar and added fruit.
The stuff getting hawked as Greek Yogurt here is gross, though. On the other hand, I really like Tzatziki and Raita...both yogurt based sauces.

Greeks don't know how to make yoghurt. I agree. I also tried it and it was disgusting, very thick and tasteless. You should try Turkish yoghurt which is less thick and perfect balance.

But the owner of this company Chobani sells Turkish yoghurt, not Greek yoghurt. He promotes it as Greek yoghurt so he can take advantage of Greek nationalism and I think Greek is Christian so he also wins sympathy of all Christian people. Aslong as he makes money. That is the most important thing.

legolasbozo
02-19-2013, 07:21 AM
As someone who travelled alot I can say to you that I know alot of different ethnicities. I grow up in Amsterdam so I know Turks very well and their pathetic stories. National Turkish pride they where spreading around telling how great their Turkey is like you :).
If its that great than pack your baggs and leave.

I dont care what you think I am or not :) It is very funny actually.

Oh yea bright Turkish mind, this is more of a Greek-Turkish related thread

you are probably gregor, don't pretend like a dutch.

Queen B
02-19-2013, 08:01 AM
Greeks don't know how to make yoghurt. I agree. I also tried it and it was disgusting, very thick and tasteless. You should try Turkish yoghurt which is less thick and perfect balance.
Ιts too popular actually. Even your ''Turks'' are making Greek yogurt, because , its exactly, that popular.

gregorius
02-19-2013, 08:37 AM

Well this is something new...

DJVT
02-19-2013, 12:36 PM

Who are you to tell me who I am, you downgraded Turk. :puke:

Incal
02-19-2013, 12:48 PM
By the way, Turks are the most degraded people I have ever seen, as they turkify all kinds of people from all kinds of races so to make love to their mothers and born more mixed people.

LOL that's so true, even to this day. I even remember a kebab guy in Germany who told me his biggest goal in life was fucking german woman hahaha.

legolasbozo
02-19-2013, 01:50 PM
Who are you to tell me who I am, you downgraded Turk. :puke:

yeah, you are definitely him. Why don't you use your real account?