PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Liffrea
08-16-2009, 04:32 PM
I’m Liffrea, happy to make your acquaintance.

Aemma put me on to this place (so blame her!) I promised I would swing by and have a look around. I have posted on Skadi way back as æþeling and some may know me from when I used to post on Stormfront, I generally lost interest in forums (other than Odinist.net and the OR forum) for a variety of reasons but Aemma assures me this is a good place to be, she’s usually right.:)

About me, nothing exceptional, I’m an Odinist and a member of the Odinic Rite, part of an active hearth here in the East Midlands. I live in Derby in the most beautiful of England’s counties. I’m currently one of the many jobless so I spend my time in various activities, I work as a volunteer for a local charity that is concerned with environmental conservation, I hope to work in this sector in the future. I spend a lot of time down my allotment, which I took on last year, I enjoy gardening in general but I find especial pleasure in growing one’s own food (especially as it’s now harvest time and I get to reap the rewards). Other than that I work out and keep myself in shape (when my knee let’s me) and I study with a particular love of history, science, mythology and philosophy. When motivated I also write articles, letters, a few novel ideas, I tend to be a prolific note keeper, nearly everything I read I take notes on.

I describe myself as Folk orientated in everything, Faith, Folk, Family, are words that have meaning for me and that I try to live up to, I believe in fulfilling my potential in mind, body and spirit.

That’s pretty much it, enough to bore you with for now!

Sol Invictus
08-16-2009, 04:37 PM
I recall the name for sure. Welcome to the forums! Or maybe I should say... Welcome back? :thumb001:

Loki
08-16-2009, 04:38 PM
Welcome to Apricity! :) I read some of your posts on Skadi in the past, and I am sure you are a welcome addition to our forum. Hope you enjoy your stay! :thumb001:

Skandi
08-16-2009, 04:49 PM
æþeling? Yes I remember you :) welcome to the forum, now I'm off to the OR one to figure out who you are!

Sol Invictus
08-16-2009, 04:51 PM
If I remember correctly in Skadi's member's pictures thread, he was the one who posted that picture of himself.. Blonde haired dude, shaved head, carrying a backpack, looked like he was setting out for camping with his mates, with a gandalf-style pipe in his mouth? I could be mistaken..

Lady L
08-16-2009, 05:01 PM
Hello, :) I do remember seeing your name on Skadi :) Welcome and Enjoy :wave

Tansy
08-16-2009, 05:15 PM
Hi from a fellow gardener, Liffrea. :) Nice to have you here. I'm new as well but I can assure you that this is the right place to be. Hope you enjoy yourself!

Äike
08-16-2009, 05:18 PM
Welcome to The Apricity.

Loddfafner
08-16-2009, 05:22 PM
Welcome!

Atlas
08-16-2009, 05:22 PM
The truth is that I was bored with forums after 5 years spent on them and probably more than 10.000 posts on various forums, not only European ones. That was in late 2008. Then I discovered The Apricity and was gladly surprised, a great place, with many great people. You'll fit in here I am sure so welcome. :)

Lyfing
08-16-2009, 06:06 PM
..Howdy

The Lawspeaker
08-16-2009, 06:16 PM
Welcome aboard, Liffrea. I have the idea that I recognize the name..
We may have met on Skadi ?

Germanicus
08-16-2009, 06:34 PM
Welcome to the Apricity:)

Liffrea
08-16-2009, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome.:)

My name is Kris Thrymheim, so you'll probably know me better now. It’s probable we have met Lawspeaker, I recognise a few names.

Hi Veritas, that bloke sounds kind of cool, damn shame it isn't me! I have blue eyes, and I enjoy hiking and climbing but that's probably as far as the resemblance goes. I keep my dark brown hair short, pretty much because it's rapidly going grey and starting to recede, my mothers genes seem to code for rapid ageing, a lad I was working with last week thought I was in my late thirties, needed several beers after that one, my old man looks nearly as young as me, alright I exaggerate slightly.

Anyway thanks again for the welcome, it's appreciated.

Vulpix
08-16-2009, 09:04 PM
Oh yes I think I remember you! Didn't you have a Viggo Mortensen avatar :D?

In any case, welcome :wave!

Psychonaut
08-16-2009, 10:24 PM
Howdy there!

Beorn
08-16-2009, 10:34 PM
Watcha! I remember you from Ska... and SF. Welcome.

Frigga
08-17-2009, 12:38 AM
Howdy Liffrea! It's Frigga's Spindle! :D It's good to see you on here. It's nice to see another member from Odinist.net! :) I think that you will like it here.

Loyalist
08-17-2009, 12:41 AM
Ah æþeling, of course; welcome to the forum! :)

Liffrea
08-17-2009, 11:31 AM
Thanks again for the welcome, I did used to have the viggo avatar, I'll probably use my Freyr's boar symbol to be consistant.

Groenewolf
08-17-2009, 03:37 PM
Welcome aboard.

Aemma
08-18-2009, 03:31 AM
LOL, I go away for a couple of days and look who FINALLY decides to join us! Hot diggity dog Liffrea, what took you so long young man? Too busy painting those models of yours I bet! ;) :P :D

And I see that you know some people here already (well other than us O.net and OR cronies of course). Excellent! :)

Well I'm so very glad that you decided to join us. :) I do hope that you'll enjoy your stay here Liffrea. You'll fit in just nicely, that I know for a fact. :thumb001: I'm soooooooo very happy to see you here young man! :) :thumb001:

Give me a holler should you need anything, ok?

Cheers for now Liffrea!...Aemma :)

Liffrea
08-18-2009, 10:56 AM
I don't know you try to get away from all the riff-raff on O.net and the OR Forum and they are all here as well.:D

I thought I would sneak in whilst you weren't looking Aemma but it looks like I've been rumbled, ah well.

Thanks for the welcome, good to see you’re on here, I kept looking at the users bit and you hadn’t been on board for a couple of days, thought you were trying to tell me something, charming that!

Tolleson
08-18-2009, 12:58 PM
Welcome to the forum, Liffrea.

It's a good group here. :thumb001:

As you can tell, Aemma is just tickled that you have come for a visit and a stay.

Cheers. :)

Murphy
08-18-2009, 01:30 PM
:wavey001:

Regards,
Eóin.

Smaland
08-18-2009, 01:55 PM
Welcome to the forum. :)

sturmwalkure
09-03-2009, 07:17 PM
I can't believe I haven't welcomed you yet. :) Here's your belated welcome to the Apricity though I already see you are at home here. ;)