PDA

View Full Version : Shocking news article - French family racially abused!

liamliam
02-22-2013, 10:07 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tees/8654147.stm

A Frenchman who moved to Hartlepool with his wife and children has claimed his family has been forced to leave their home because of racial abuse.
Dr Vincent Auger, 36, of St Paul's Road, said his car windows were smashed and his children were spat at after he complained about noisy neighbours.
He is staying in the UK but his family returned to France on 16 April.
A police spokeswoman said that the force "understands" the situation and officers have visited his home.
The family moved to Hartlepool nearly four years ago.
Three weeks ago, Gwendoline Auger, 36, and their four children Jean, 10, Quentin, eight, Gregoire, six, and Lucie, four, moved back to France because they felt "intimidated".

We decided that the family would have to go and live in France
Dr Vincent Auger
Dr Auger, who is an academic, chose to remain in England due to work commitments.
Hartlepool Council said that since 2008, Dr Auger had made two complaints about anti-social behaviour involving neighbours.
In both cases Dr Auger told the council that the problems stopped when they started their investigations.
A noise complaint was made relating to another neighbour in 2009. The council spoke to the people involved to resolve the problem.
The council said it was in the process of investigating a new complaint.
Regular patrols
Dr Auger said: "We decided that the family would have to go and live in France.
"I plan to visit my family as often as possible."
He said he had raised the issues "dozens" of times with the council and police, but the problem had not been resolved.
A Cleveland Police spokeswoman said that the area was regularly patrolled by officers.
Hartlepool Council said it treats all complaints of anti-social behaviour "extremely seriously".

Image of the man:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/47755000/jpg/_47755198_auger-vincent-pix.jpg

evon
02-22-2013, 10:17 AM
Its not a secret that Brits are wary of immigration, and the French have been seen as stereotypical bad people for centuries...Racism in its modern wider context has nothing to do with Racial basis found in biology, it is in essence just "negative feelings towards people outside your group", be that linguistic, cultural, biological, religious ect group...I did not experience too much Racism while living in England myself, but i did when visiting France, same in Italy when on vacation there last time...

Graham
02-22-2013, 10:18 AM
From what I've heard Scots get it too, in England. Not surprising, silly tribalism.

evon
02-22-2013, 10:28 AM
From what I've heard Scots get it too, in England. Not surprising, silly tribalism.

Yes, that ive seen allot, Scots have some terrible stereotypes going...Worse then Irish from what i can gather...

Anglojew
02-22-2013, 10:30 AM
Was he racially abused by non-whites?

liamliam
02-22-2013, 11:39 AM
Was he racially abused by non-whites?

Nope, by whites unfortunately. Hartlepool is a mostly completely white city. I wouldn't of expected something like this to happen in the north east though.

papa diddy pop
02-22-2013, 12:04 PM
Why don't they do the same with paki and black ? English are just a strip of pussy attacking 10yo kids

evon
02-22-2013, 04:04 PM
Why don't they do the same with paki and black ? English are just a strip of pussy attacking 10yo kids

There are plenty of Racism across the board, Bradford (North Central/West England) among other cities have seen allot of Racial oriented riots, mostly Whites versus South Asians...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_Bradford_race_riots

Grace O'Malley
02-23-2013, 05:04 AM
This is not a case of racial abuse lol. It is a dispute between neighbours. This only happened after he complained about his noisy neighbours. Racial abuse is when someone is abused because of their race, skin colour etc.