PDA

View Full Version : Did Shakira bleach her skin?

liamliam
02-22-2013, 05:28 PM
I just find it a bit hard to believe that someone could change so much, naturally.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8105/8497457513_7d1bf81451_b.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8087/8497488823_64dec30dbd_b.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8230/8497460251_397b44ca70_b.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8251/8497462213_68d52c7ae4_b.jpg

Nowadays you can hardly tell she is half Lebanese, she just looks eastern European to me, like Ukrainian, Yugoslavian, Croatian or even Russian/Polish. She might be able to pass as Northern Turkish.
But back then she looked like she could be mulatto. Her skin seems to have become lighter by a few shades, nothing really that drastic, but it definetly does seem lighter. And she doesn't seem to tan in the way she used to.

Tropico
02-22-2013, 05:30 PM
All she really did was pluck those horrible eye brows and die her hair blonde. Latinos usually can get very tan and then get much lighter if they don't tan.

Azalea
02-22-2013, 05:31 PM
lol @ Northern Turkish.

Su
02-22-2013, 05:34 PM
You have proved that you have never seen Northern Turkish :clap

Shakira looks like a full blooded Arab nothing more nothing less although biologically she's half Arab.

Tropico
02-22-2013, 05:36 PM

Shakira looks like a full blooded Arab nothing more nothing less although biologically she's half Arab.

Yeah, her moms a very Iberian looking Colombian. I guess Arab + Iberian gives you Arab? lol

Azalea
02-22-2013, 05:37 PM
All she really did was pluck those horrible eye brows and die her hair blonde. Latinos usually can get very tan and then get much lighter if they don't tan.

I've got pictures of myself from when I was little where I look veryy dark and pictures in which I look very light. According to my mom, it's because I used to play a lot outside (I tan well and fast). But I think it's mostly because of the camera and lighting. Olive skin tone can look very different according to the light and camera. Even now my skin tone looks different in every picture.

Tropico
02-22-2013, 05:39 PM
I've got pictures of myself from when I was little where I look veryy dark and pictures in which I look very light. According to my mom, it's because I used to play a lot outside (I tan well and fast). But I think it's mostly because of the camera and lighting. Olive skin tone can look very different according to the light and camera. Even now my skin tone looks different in every picture.

Very true. I think some people, especially pred Euro latinos have a easy time getting much darker and getting back to a light color quickly. A lot of Northern Euros dont since their skin isnt used to the sun so they just burn. They cant get too dark without looking ridiculous.

CVCV
02-22-2013, 05:41 PM
South America's sun is as strong as the African sun. Hence, you tan a lot more than in Europe or North America.

liamliam
02-22-2013, 05:41 PM

But she's not really a latina (in the sense of being a mestizo) she is a quarter Italian, quarter Spanish and half Lebanese.

Tropico
02-22-2013, 05:42 PM
But she's not really a latina (in the sense of being a mestizo) she is a quarter Italian, quarter Spanish and half Lebanese.

Latino doesnt exclusively mean mestizo. Regardless she's Southern Euro/MENA. Southern Euros and MENA folk also can get tan very easily. Southern Euro/MENA is where many Latinos get their ability to tan so smoothly.

urrakiberg
02-22-2013, 05:51 PM
all negroid feminine top models are whitened by their management and promoted to weak whites. beyonce, rihanna, shakira, michael jackson (androgynous). their hair is painted yellow too and presentes as succesful models. this can trigger a positive sexual response in more degenerated whites, get them to look for the same in the streets and interbreed.

Tropico
02-22-2013, 05:56 PM
all negroid feminine top models are whitened by their management and promoted to weak whites. beyonce, rihanna, shakira, michael jackson (androgynous). their hair is painted yellow too and presentes as succesful models. this can trigger a positive sexual response in more degenerated whites, get them to look for the same in the streets and interbreed.

Since when is Shakira negroid? lol Lord help me.

Grace O'Malley
02-22-2013, 06:01 PM
No I doubt she would bleach her skin. It is just the lighting in the photos that make her look darker. She also looks different with the blond hair and the plucked eyebrows. I also agree with acevedoricky that her skin is most probably darker due to a tan.

Graham
02-22-2013, 06:03 PM
Different lighting, tan & no tan.

Su
02-22-2013, 06:04 PM
Yeah, her moms a very Iberian looking Colombian. I guess Arab + Iberian gives you Arab? lol

No, you guessed it wrong. Arab + Iberian doesn't give me Arab vibe nor Iberian. It is depending on the person. Shakira's look is heavily influenced by his paternal line, that is the reason she looks completely Arab.

It's just a similar situation about your look. You are genetically somewhat 60-70% European but you look rather Northern African since your look is influenced by your SSA admixture although your SSA admixture is not as high as your Native admixture.

Roy
02-22-2013, 06:05 PM
I would count this possibility out

Farah
02-22-2013, 06:06 PM
As others have mentioned, it's more about the lighting and tan..I also disagree that she looks like a full-blooded Arab imho, she looks very Latina (both as a blonde and a brunette).

Graham
02-22-2013, 06:07 PM
What the hell is skin bleaching anyway. Throw yourself into a bath of Hydrogen Peroxide?

Graham
02-22-2013, 06:13 PM
Casper; too much 'Skin Bleach'

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_2pp596wRrQY/Si_jfkNNKII/AAAAAAAAAKI/uiucC31uEm8/s320/casper1.jpg

urrakiberg
02-22-2013, 06:24 PM
Since when is Shakira negroid? lol Lord help me.

sure. Australoid mestizo. all pictures have flash shot, the brown face closeup of the young one, though burned by light, is brown. now she is almost nordic white. obviously bleached.

Tropico
02-22-2013, 06:26 PM
No, you guessed it wrong. Arab + Iberian doesn't give me Arab vibe nor Iberian. It is depending on the person. Shakira's look is heavily influenced by his paternal line, that is the reason she looks completely Arab.

It's just a similar situation about your look. You are genetically somewhat 60-70% European but you look rather Northern African since your look is influenced by your SSA admixture although your SSA admixture is not as high as your Native admixture.

Me and her are a bit different. I'm actually only around 54% Euro and almost 20% MENA and 11% SSA with around 15% Native. She lacks SSA and Amerindian. If you were to place her in the Old World, where would she be typical?

alfieb
02-22-2013, 06:31 PM
She's Lebanese, Catalan and Sicilian, not Arab, Spanish and Italian.

Yes, there's a difference.

Ibericus
02-22-2013, 06:32 PM
she has some amerindian also, her mother is not even pure Euro, her mother is Colombian

Tropico
02-22-2013, 06:34 PM
she has some amerindian also, her mother is not even pure Euro, her mother is Colombian

You can be Hispanic and be pure Euro. It depends on each owns individual family and if they chose to have interracial marriages. And also it depends how fresh off the boat her Colombian family is.

Su
02-22-2013, 06:36 PM
Me and her are a bit different. I'm actually only around 54% Euro and almost 20% MENA and 11% SSA with around 15% Native. She lacks SSA and Amerindian. If you were to place her in the Old World, where would she be typical?

Well Old world is: Europe, Asia and Africa.

She doesn't look European nor African (I know Egypt is an African country but it still belongs to Middle East in many maps and as far as I know many Egyptians identify themselves also as Middle Easterner than North African). And in Asia she can fit just in Arab countries. I have seen Lebanese as well as Egyptian women who look like her. Based on that if I would't know her background I would guess her as an Arab. Especially in the 1 picture where she had dark hair and thick eyebrows and a bit of rounder nose, she looked like an Egyptian girl I knew.

Su
02-22-2013, 06:38 PM

I have never seen a clear picture of her mom, can you post 1 picture of her mom?

Tropico
02-22-2013, 06:41 PM
http://img.ibtimes.com/www/data/images/full/2013/01/15/335806-pregnant-shakira-with-colombian-star-and-barcelona-defender-gerard-piq.JPG
http://www.foxcrawl.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Shakira-and-parents.jpg
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Celebrities+Honored+French+Ministry+Culture+phfnig a7B_Rl.jpg

Su
02-22-2013, 06:46 PM
^It's hard to judge from these pictures and also she's also a fake blond just like her daughter. Anyway this is the pic of Shakira when I thought she looks very Egypstian (left picture) on the right picture she does not look Egyptian but in the Old World I would guess her as some sort of Middle Easterner / Arab :
http://1.2.3.13/bmi/farm9.staticflickr.com/8251/8497462213_68d52c7ae4_b.jpg

Madonna
02-22-2013, 06:48 PM
Nowadays you can hardly tell she is half Lebanese, she just looks eastern European to me, like Ukrainian, Yugoslavian, Croatian or even Russian/Polish. She might be able to pass as Northern Turkish.
But back then she looked like she could be mulatto. Her skin seems to have become lighter by a few shades, nothing really that drastic, but it definetly does seem lighter. And she doesn't seem to tan in the way she used to.

:picard1::picard2::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::cra zy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

she can have blond hair and put blue lenses like in She Wolf clip but her facial features will stay the same- here (in Eastern Europe) she would be like an alien

she looks what she is, the light hair will not change her facial features

Lusos
02-22-2013, 06:58 PM
Very true. I think some people, especially pred Euro latinos have a easy time getting much darker and getting back to a light color quickly. A lot of Northern Euros dont since their skin isnt used to the sun so they just burn. They cant get too dark without looking ridiculous.

That's a myth.
If they spend 2-3 weeks In Portugal,they get brown like every one else.
My first week of holidays I turn red like a lobster only when I lose that skin I start to turn Brown.
And you should see the Dutch,English;etc holidaying in Portugal and looking brown as every one.

Melina
02-22-2013, 07:25 PM
She looks like she may have negroid mixture somewhere. That nose and that hair looks like she has some black background. Yes she bleached her skin that is for sure and also did a nose job. There is no way someone can get five shades darker with a tan. Her child pic she looks like she is black. Whover said on this thread that she looks Eastern European obviously never met a woman from eastern europe.

Tropico
02-22-2013, 07:30 PM
She looks like she may have negroid mixture somewhere. That nose and that hair looks like she has some black background. Yes she bleached her skin that is for sure and also did a nose job. There is no way someone can get five shades darker with a tan. Her child pic she looks like she is black. Whover said on this thread that she looks Eastern European obviously never met a woman from eastern europe.

She doesnt look like she has any SSA in her at all. Those "Negroid" features you see are most likely from her Lebanese side. And she in no way looks black in her childhood pic .

Sikeliot
02-22-2013, 07:30 PM
Her mother doesn't even look fully European.
I'd bet there is some Amerindian there.
I don't believe she is JUST Spanish and Italian. No way.

Tropico
02-22-2013, 07:33 PM
Her mother doesn't even look fully European.
I'd bet there is some Amerindian there.
I don't believe she is JUST Spanish and Italian. No way.

Her mother doesnt look like she has a lot of Amerindian, if any. If she does it didn't affect Shakira's phenotype.

alfieb
02-22-2013, 07:34 PM
Her mom could easily fit into my family. I don't think she's castiza.

Melina
02-22-2013, 07:39 PM
She doesnt look like she has any SSA in her at all. Those "Negroid" features you see are most likely from her Lebanese side. And she in no way looks black in her childhood pic .

Yes she does. She looks like my half cousins, who by the way are half black.

liamliam
02-22-2013, 07:39 PM
A video of Shakira when young, so I don't think it's lighting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY6YauS7jwM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M90FA14PB4

Shakira now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9ypspv2UCU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyFTkWiS6pE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_K8Zns3s9A

Tropico
02-22-2013, 07:40 PM

lmao. What? No mulatto looks like Shakira. :picard2:

Sounds like someone is jealous of Shakira. ;)

Sikeliot
02-22-2013, 07:41 PM
Her mom could easily fit into my family. I don't think she's castiza.

She couldn't fit into mine. I think she looks more Spanish than Italian for start, and then I'd say not full European.

Tropico
You're referencing a shitty quality video from 20 years ago?

liamliam

She definetly does not look black these days, at all. Maybe when she was young she could have passed as mixed, but definetly not now.

Snchpnz
02-22-2013, 07:42 PM
It's called having MONEY. I doubt she bleached her skin. She's just lighter because she doesn't have to walk outside in the sun anymore to go to the store or catch the bus or whatever. She probably does use fancy beauty products and has an army of stylists around her now that she's a superstar but that's not "bleaching", it's just taking care of herself.

Melina
02-22-2013, 07:43 PM
lmao. What? No mulatto looks like Shakira. :picard2:

Sounds like someone is jealous of Shakira. ;)

Lol I beg to differ. Go to Dominican Republic sometime.

alfieb
02-22-2013, 07:45 PM
She couldn't fit into mine. I think she looks more Spanish than Italian for start, and then I'd say not full European.

She's half Lebanese. Why would she look full Euro?

Melina
She definetly does not look black these days, at all. Maybe when she was young she could have passed as mixed, but definetly not now.

Because obviously she did a nose job. There is a pic of her when she was a teen around the web and her nose was flat. Her skin is way to dark to have lightened up so much.

Tropico
Lol I beg to differ. Go to Dominican Republic sometime.

LMAO ! WHAT?! This chick is stupid as hell ! LMAO If Dominicans look like Shakira, Puerto Ricans are whiter that Spaniards and Haitians are all just quadroons. LMAO. This chick...

Sikeliot
02-22-2013, 07:47 PM
She's half Lebanese. Why would she look full Euro?

Her mother doesn't look full Euro. And she looks more Spanish than Italian by far.

Melina
02-22-2013, 07:49 PM
You can have a more civilized response you know. Yes she does look like she has black in her. In her before pics she does.

Twistedmind
02-22-2013, 08:23 PM

:picard1: :picard2:

Emh, I guess you never saw Russian, British, Swedish tourists, but please this is hilarious. Only people with skin type I cant tan. Skin type II (light Europeans) tan pretty well. I happen to know it on my freaking personal example.

urrakiberg
02-22-2013, 08:35 PM
:picard1: :picard2:

Emh, I guess you never saw Russian, British, Swedish tourists, but please this is hilarious. Only people with skin type I cant tan. Skin type II (light Europeans) tan pretty well. I happen to know it on my freaking personal example.

right. the red nords are the ones who have strong feomelanine, and they turn the red of their skin stronger with the sun. all the others tan ok.

urrakiberg
02-22-2013, 08:41 PM
You can have a more civilized response you know. Yes she does look like she has black in her. In her before pics she does.

here she looks like Australoid latoya jackson :)
(hope Marina is ok with the edit)

Damiăo de Góis
02-22-2013, 09:07 PM
Looks the same to me minus the dye:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmJHH026X0c

urrakiberg
02-22-2013, 09:25 PM
the reflections of the silver paper screens can be noted on the face throughout the video, lighting it up. also different nose. just one more model in the homogenic art current for the weaks.

Grace O'Malley
02-23-2013, 05:22 AM
[/B]

That's a myth.
If they spend 2-3 weeks In Portugal,they get brown like every one else.
My first week of holidays I turn red like a lobster only when I lose that skin I start to turn Brown.
And you should see the Dutch,English;etc holidaying in Portugal and looking brown as every one.

Not every skin will tan. I'm of Irish background and have lived in Australia all my life. I've had some very severe sunburns but I never can get a good tan. I have very freckled skin. There are Australians that have been here for generations that are the same. Australia has the highest percentage of skin cancer in the world due to many being of some sort of British Isles descent. There have been campaigns for 20 - 30 years about covering up in the sun and wearing sunblock because of the damage it does to fair skinned Aussies.

Sisak
02-23-2013, 05:41 AM
She is one part Macedonian.

Gospodine
02-23-2013, 08:33 AM
she just looks eastern European to me, like Ukrainian, Yugoslavian, Croatian or even Russian/Polish.

Dear Lord, stop fucking posting.

Atlantic Islander
02-24-2013, 08:33 PM
Some people are so stupid.

rashka
02-24-2013, 08:37 PM
lol @ Northern Turkish.

lol @ Yugoslavian ;)

Madonna
02-25-2013, 04:24 AM
look at her hair they are so damaged looks like a brush, she should stop dyed them long time ago

American_Hispanist
02-25-2013, 04:32 AM

LOL!!! :laugh2:

rashka
02-25-2013, 04:47 AM
Her parents
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/01/26/article-0-172C97EF000005DC-779_634x915.jpg

Sikeliot
02-25-2013, 04:55 AM
Neither parent looks European to me. I see minor Amerindian in the mother, and obviously the father looks Lebanese.

StonyArabia
02-25-2013, 07:09 AM
She does not look MidEastern at all, she looks to have Amerindian influence

Madonna
02-25-2013, 10:15 AM
well she doesnt look European too