PDA

View Full Version : What does being sane even mean?

Baluarte
02-25-2013, 09:34 AM
I suffer occasionally from neurosis, and I have sporadic dissociation moments. I am also politically incorrect

This is enough for people to tell me that I'm crazy/insane and that everything I say is therefore invalid, and has no space in a "the modern free XXI century".
I'm sorry but your amazing rainbow world is disgusting. Empty culture and worshipping of meaningless technological advances. Consumerism of high-end gadgets + sociocultural backwardism.

This world is surely becoming a dantesque scene where tribal-primitivism meets post-technological addiction. Endless race-mixing and cryptocultural symbolism for nothing. Not even charm. Only disgust.
Matrix Reloaded portrayed it perfectly (no wonder this takes place...in Zion):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OrXdBYojBQ

-----

With that being said, why on earth would any healthy person want to be part of your "Sane" world? Other than patience, seclusion or isolation, why is it "wrong" to become a Joker-like sociopath, when the "victim" society is just trash?
I prefer an empty asteroid to that kind of world.

I sincerely hope something radically different happens. If not, I pray the sheer aggresiveness of Modernity will one day release nukes and hydrogens bombs upon us all, so that this planet joins Mars in its lifeless beauty.

I am tired of being called insane. Guess what, maybe I am, but even then it doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Heart of Oak
02-25-2013, 09:50 AM
If you suffer from an illness that is treatable then you are insane:
If you suffer from a illness that is not treatable then you are sane:
I know this is insane in it`s self, but this is the law in England:
My father told me a long time ago(he is past now)that there are two types of people on this world; the ones that are insane an know it, there the good ones these are cool; and the ones that are insane an don`t know it an there the bad ones the ones to watch out for: I have used this as a rule of thumb all my adult life an it has helped with judging people on first impression a lot if your insane an know it then your cool in my book::::::::::

Baluarte
02-25-2013, 09:58 AM
I'm really surprised.
That is maybe one of the nicest yet entirely true things I've heard.
Thank you for your comment :) . I just felt like exploding and decide to write instead of screaming, didn't expect real answers

Good day to you.

Caismeachd
02-25-2013, 10:18 AM
Sane = fitting into lifestyle patterns that don't deviate from normalcy within society and being functional. That's basically the criteria used in the United States. If you are functional then nothing else really matters.

“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”

How old are you Baluarte? You just seem a bit angsty. Most people in their early 20's feel that way and overwhelmed with the world. Who is telling you that you are insane?

Heart of Oak
02-25-2013, 10:25 AM
yes very good question; why do you feel mad? an who is telling you this silly rubbish?: If you were totaly mad you would lose the ability to reason an debate surly?::::

Baluarte
02-25-2013, 10:30 AM
If that is the case then I have no problems. I am functional
No criminal record nor criminal activities. No economic debts and in theory fit in educative terms. No enemies nor conflicts with neighbours/acquaintances, I can even fake smiles and kindness quite convincingly.

I'm not really overwhelmed, just dissapointed mostly, a bit disgusted too. I get called by insane both online and in real life when I make the mistake of telling people what I actually think about routinary life or politically acceptable principles.
I've learnt to just fake it everyday but sometimes I need some release for my anger. I've found typing in online boards where nobody really cares for what you have to say is a good sublimation.

Sarmatian
02-25-2013, 10:55 AM
Humans are bound by natural laws of Universe and there is no way out of it. If they'll step over these bounds they are destined to perish. Maybe not immediately but in a course of a few generations.

You're gifted with ability to see the wrong path, the path that lead outside of borders of natural law. It is good, it means you're very unlikely to step on that path and perish with the rest.

The problem is to accept others having a choice to step on that self-destructive path. Let them go, you're not responsible for their lives in any way... unless you feel like being Jesus.

Better spend your time and energy looking for your own path.

urrakiberg
02-25-2013, 11:13 AM
to be sane is to be aware of the real situation. not the political. the real one.

Baluarte
02-25-2013, 11:47 AM
Humans are bound by natural laws of Universe and there is no way out of it. If they'll step over these bounds they are destined to perish. Maybe not immediately but in a course of a few generations.

You're gifted with ability to see the wrong path, the path that lead outside of borders of natural law. It is good, it means you're very unlikely to step on that path and perish with the rest.

The problem is to accept others having a choice to step on that self-destructive path. Let them go, you're not responsible for their lives in any way... unless you feel like being Jesus.

Better spend your time and energy looking for your own path.

Thank you for your advice. I think you are most likely right.....
I suppose I just can't quite achieve it since I come and live in the same world/logic I cannot accept. Food for thought I believe...

Cheers :)

arcticwolf
04-07-2013, 03:41 AM
I can tell you but you won't be able to understand it anyhow. Here it is: sane mind is one free from ignorance, hate and greed. That's it.

Seems simple, don't it? Now try to understand what it really means.

Neon Knight
04-19-2013, 09:24 AM
Insane is believing the kinds of things people believe when they take LSD. E.g. you are being followed by an evil cabbage. There is not much room for doubt!

Sblast
04-20-2013, 11:49 AM
If you want to go for the minimalist approach; not seeing things like other's do (i.e. intersubjective consensus).
For a full approach; someone who isn't connected/interacting with objective reality as it is.

Or the normative approach: Being psychologically pathological is having trouble to function as you would like to in this aspect.

It's an interesting topic. I tend to use the normative and approaches mostly when discussing this issue to try and avoid further discussion when it is not needed.

Grumpy Cat
04-20-2013, 12:08 PM
I've discovered "sane" means something completely different on race boards. The opposite of the real world.

Siberian Cold Breeze
04-20-2013, 01:04 PM
I am enjoying my insanity ..I get depressed when I m sane
join the club !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXJ5086pw8U