PDA

View Full Version : Greetings comrades and cousins!!

Thorum
12-10-2008, 01:52 PM
Glad to have found this forum!! I am an average guy with a wife and 2 little girls. We live in western Maryland. Beautiful mountains, snow, trees. I am originally from the Washington, D.C. area with the bulk of my family from Pittsburgh.

I have traced the oldest bits of my ancestry back to Sweden and Finland in the early 1600's as well as Scotland and England in the late 1500's. Very interested in the preservation of our European heritage. The best way to learn is to take a look at the USA and how it is being completely flooded with immigrants. A mass invasion if you ask me. Anyway, the country I live in has changed so much in my 43 years I am sickened. I feel the last bastion against our cultural destruction is Europe, specifically northern Europe. I have my own Muslim/religion bashing blog I post to occassionally. Helps to help vent my frustrations.

My wife and I dream to move someday and settle "back home" either in Sweden or Finland, possibly Scotland. Dreams though, only dreams. Perhaps we will have to be satisfied sending our children to University in Europe....

Anyhow, if anyone has any questions, ask me anything!!

Cheers!! :viking ship

Absinthe
12-10-2008, 01:55 PM
Hej och välkommen! Det är kul att du är här. :)

Vulpix
12-10-2008, 01:56 PM
Welcome to the Apricity Thorum :)!!

Thorum
12-10-2008, 02:07 PM
Hej och välkommen! Det är kul att du är här. :)

Did you say "Hi and welcome!! It is cool that you are here." ? I really don't know Swedish language, just a little though.

Tack!! (That is about the extent of my Swedish!!)

Thorum
12-10-2008, 02:10 PM
Thanks, glad to be here!!

Absinthe
12-10-2008, 02:13 PM
...or at least, I think I said :thumb001:

It's not hard to understand the basics if you speak english, the structure of the language is similar and words are etymologically related.

Don't think that my swedish is much better than yours, either! :tongue

Did you say "Hi and welcome!! It is cool that you are here." ?

Eldritch
12-10-2008, 02:17 PM
Glad to see you found your way here!

Unfortunately, much of what you say about the current state of America is also a reality in Europe. :mad:

Loyalist
12-10-2008, 02:23 PM
Welcome aboard! Always nice to see someone who takes an interest in their family history. :thumbs up

Alison
12-10-2008, 02:52 PM
Hiya Thorum! Welcome! Sit back while the admins bring you a coffee and chocolate cake :D

Unfortunately, there is very little European heritage to salvage. Sad to say, but since time immemorial, people have been migrating and intermingling.

Thorum
12-10-2008, 03:06 PM
Hiya Thorum! Welcome! Sit back while the admins bring you a coffee and chocolate cake :D

Unfortunately, there is very little European heritage to salvage. Sad to say, but since time immemorial, people have been migrating and intermingling.

I agree to an extent, but think there actually is quite a bit worth salvaging and/or protecting.

Yummy, chocolate cake and coffee!! Thanks!!! :happybda: :yumyum: :coffeebob:

Vulpix
12-10-2008, 03:08 PM
True to a certain extent, but there'd be no point in this forum if there wasn't anything left ;).

Alison
12-10-2008, 03:09 PM
:D Pleasure! Now it's up to Loki and Arctic Fox to supply the goods. Make sure the coffee is excellent and the cake is at least 3 layers high! :D

Stormraaf
12-10-2008, 03:50 PM
Welcome to the forum, Thorum :wave

Alison
12-10-2008, 03:53 PM
Yes, true. We need our heritage. My mother was appalled when I married an Italian, although she was appeased when she saw he was whiter than white. :D

Loki
12-10-2008, 05:29 PM
:D Pleasure! Now it's up to Loki and Arctic Fox to supply the goods. Make sure the coffee is excellent and the cake is at least 3 layers high! :D

We only select the highest quality coffee for our new members. I hope you are not afraid of a caffeine rush, Thorum! :coffee:

:cool:

Thorum
12-10-2008, 06:48 PM
We only select the highest quality coffee for our new members. I hope you are not afraid of a caffeine rush, Thorum! :coffee:

:cool:

I am prepared!! I have quite a tolerance for caffeine as I drink coffee a good part of the day...............

:coffee:

Groenewolf
12-13-2008, 01:42 PM
Welcome.