PDA

View Full Version : Relationship with Parents..

Lala6
03-01-2013, 10:06 PM
First off,I`m really not sure if this is the right section for this thread so move if needs be.

I want to know what kind of relationship others users have with their parents.

I myself am not very close with my parents.I used to be more close to my mother but when i moved out at 17 things went downhill.I have never been close to father at all.As i have got older i have started to feel a bit downcast about this.

So are you close with your parents/parent.Could you talk to them about anything?

2012JD
03-01-2013, 10:18 PM
Yes I'm close with my parents probably more my dad . Both my parents are like strict but my mom way more.
My dad was D'accord with my trip to Europe and he helped get everything while my was was overprotective and didn't want me to go
When I got tattoos my mom got super upset while my dad was cool and he actually came w me to get my first tattoo lol

alfieb
03-01-2013, 10:19 PM
I'm Sicilian. Of course I am.

larali
03-01-2013, 10:28 PM
Yes, I am, but it's complicated. It's kind of a love/hate relationship...

My therapist says I am a sunflower in a field of onions.... if that tells you anything :loco:

Lala6
03-01-2013, 10:28 PM
Yes I'm close with my parents probably more my dad . Both my parents are like strict but my mom way more.
My dad was D'accord with my trip to Europe and he helped get everything while my was was overprotective and didn't want me to go
When I got tattoos my mom got super upset while my dad was cool and he actually came w me to get my first tattoo lol

Aww that`s nice.You have a cool dad.

Lala6
03-01-2013, 10:30 PM
I'm Sicilian. Of course I am.

Of course. haha

Lala6
03-01-2013, 10:50 PM

Lala6
03-01-2013, 10:52 PM
Yes, I am, but it's complicated. It's kind of a love/hate relationship...

Do you see your parents often?

You are unique:D:cool:
My therapist says I am a sunflower in a field of onions.... if that tells you anything :loco:

dado
03-01-2013, 10:53 PM
..parents need to have some authority and therefore some distance as well from their kids

RussiaPrussia
03-01-2013, 10:55 PM
i would say no as its only half

arcticwolf
03-01-2013, 11:15 PM
I love them, have very close relationship. I was blessed to have kind and wise parents.

Partizan
03-01-2013, 11:17 PM
I think I am a bit disloyal :p I am living far away from them for almost 7 months but it is mostly them who call me, not other way around. However I can't say I am not close to them since I miss them and I realize worth of having such perfect parents.

Kazimiera
03-01-2013, 11:28 PM
My father left my mom when I was 3. Not to be heard of since. She tried to get him for child support but nothing ever came of it. He phoned me every now again for my birthday, but the last time was when I was 10. And that is over 20 years ago.

I was raised by my grandmother and my mom. I loved my grandmother to bits and my world came apart when she died in 2006. I don't have brothers or sisters, and it's only me and my mom left. We have a very close relationship.

Lena
03-02-2013, 12:13 AM
I always had a great relationship with my parents (my older brother included). Although my late dad was kind of busy with his professional obligations he was always close to us, kids; while mom is a sweet lady, the only thing is that you never-ever use foul lang in front of her lol slang she tolerates well :P so that's a big no-no, otherwise I can tell her just about everything and I'm blessed to have such a great mom.

Szegedist
06-20-2013, 12:49 PM
My father served in the army for a long time, and he brought this 'mindset' home. Orders were orders and everything had to be done precisely.... when there was a fault, no matter how minor (e.g. the painting on the wall was 0.5° to the left) he would notice it straight away and make a big deal about it along the lines of "If you can't even get that right how do you plan to live by yourself in the future!!!!".

When I was a child I disliked this, whenever I did something "bad" and he gave me a lecture, it would almost always start with "When I was in the army....." or "When I was your age..."
But as I got older I understood why it's better this way, and I am glad that I did not have a more liberal upbringing.

My mother was also a bit strict, but she was more subtle and nice about it.

So overall, at the time I found it crap, looking back on it I am glad it happened, and I have good relations with both my parents, and I know that they really love me and my younger sister and would do anything for us (sorry if this sounds a bit cliché :D )