PDA

View Full Version : Energy Drinks

YellowRose
03-04-2013, 11:15 PM
Energy Drinks and supplements have become the new craze.

I am just curious to know how many of you actually drink them?

1. How often do you drink on average in a week?
2. Do you go through withdraws from not having them?
3. If you do drink them, what is your favorite?

YellowRose
03-04-2013, 11:20 PM
I have grown to like Monster Energy, the plain original flavor.

On occasion I like a starbucks frap, but that is rare. I am not much of a caffeine lover, only because when I have too much I become jittery because my body is not used to the consumption.

1.) I might have 1 can a week, maybe two. It really all depends.
2.) I do not go through any withdraws from not having them. I do not drink them often enough. However, my sister and brother-in-law will get headaches if they do not have at least one a day.
3.) I only drink monster and only drink the original flavor.

Oneeye
03-05-2013, 12:06 AM
Six months ago, I would drink an energy drink daily, but have cut that out of my diet after I quit drinking soda about six months before that. However, I still have coffee some days.

I loved Red Bull, but usually drank something much cheaper, because it adds up quick. Now I feel nice and alert for the day after exercising in the gym first thing when I get into town in the morning, followed by a shower.

YellowRose
03-05-2013, 12:17 AM
Six months ago, I would drink an energy drink daily, but have cut that out of my diet after I quit drinking soda about six months before that. However, I still have coffee some days.

I loved Red Bull, but usually drank something much cheaper, because it adds up quick. Now I feel nice and alert for the day after exercising in the gym first thing when I get into town in the morning, followed by a shower.

That is wonderful! Good job on your effort to become healthier! :thumb001:

thetank
03-05-2013, 12:19 AM
I was never really into energy drinks just too much sugar and artificial flavoring for me but I do take pre work outs but its just high in caffeine without the sugar

Grumpy Cat
03-05-2013, 12:23 AM
I don't drink energy drinks, but I drink anti-energy drinks which have the opposite effect.

http://www.beveragesdirect.com/assets/productimages/marleys-mellow-mood-citrus.jpg

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/forkintheroad/Drankcan.jpg

I hate stimulants.

larali
03-05-2013, 12:27 AM
LOL what is in that anti-energy drink?

I think it's the Monster one that I drink, the zero calorie one, but I get it so infrequently I'm not sure.

Oneeye
03-05-2013, 12:29 AM
That is wonderful! Good job on your effort to become healthier! :thumb001:

I found them too dehydrating for the work I was doing at the time... and I'm in better shape too, thanks. :) Have you ever tried Monster's Rehab? That stuff left me feeling much better.

I don't drink energy drinks, but I drink anti-energy drinks which have the opposite effect.

http://www.beveragesdirect.com/assets/productimages/marleys-mellow-mood-citrus.jpg

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/forkintheroad/Drankcan.jpg

I hate stimulants.

Awesome, I've never heard of those. I've always used other ways to slow my roll, or roll my slow, or something.

Grumpy Cat
03-05-2013, 12:32 AM
Awesome, I've never heard of those. I've always used other ways to slow my roll, or roll my slow, or something.

Marley's Mellow Mood works better than Drank. That stuff will knock you out cold.

Plus, I believe many outlets in the US will not sell Drank because of the obvious reference to the illegal drug Purple Drank (which is legal in Canada).

riverman
03-05-2013, 06:15 AM
None. I was drinking like two a day for awhile though, in replacement of coffee.

Caismeachd
03-05-2013, 06:45 AM
I used to drink Rockstar, Monster and another one I forget. I try to avoid them for the most part now but may drink them again when I work 10-12 hour days this summer. Whenever I drink 5 hour energy it makes me sick like I have food poisoning. I think I'm allergic to something in it.

There's a legal herb you can take that can give you clean energy and also relax you like you've taken a valium but I won't mention it's name because it doesn't need a lot of exposure.

alfieb
03-05-2013, 06:49 AM
Voted 'other'.

I'm a Mio Energy fanatic. It's a caffeinated liquid product that you add to a regular glass/bottle of water.

Kazimiera
03-06-2013, 09:57 PM
I drink Red Bull sometimes just because I like the taste, and not as an energy drink. I don't have it often because it is quite expensive, but I love the taste!

YellowRose
03-07-2013, 03:17 PM
I found them too dehydrating for the work I was doing at the time... and I'm in better shape too, thanks. :) Have you ever tried Monster's Rehab? That stuff left me feeling much better.

I have seen that one but I have not tried it, I do not like the taste of artificial sweeteners LOL they leave some weird aftertaste, so that is why I have been hesitant.

Conan
07-12-2013, 02:53 AM
Hi YellowRose,
Energy drinks are created to increase energy for fairly good time and that is why athletes use energy drinks to increase their athletic performance. Energy drinks have less calories so helps in losing and maintaining healthy body weight. My favorite energy drink is red bull.