PDA

View Full Version : Is sexual orientation fluid? Or fixed?

Sikeliot
03-07-2013, 09:47 PM
Do you think someone can honestly believe they're straight at 20 and honestly believe they're gay at 50?
Do you think someone can waiver between sexual orientations?

Or do you think if you "change" it, it means you never were what you said you were before, or you're not what you say you are now?

Lemon Kush
03-07-2013, 09:52 PM
Nah If you're born gay then you're gay, not much you can change about it. People don't magically become gay over night or over year.

Pallantides
03-07-2013, 09:54 PM
bisexuals can probably be a bit fluid in their orientation, someone might prefer particular type of guys at one point then later becoming more attracted to women.

berzerk
03-07-2013, 09:56 PM
its fixed for straights and gays. the fluids are scared homos, too much family and cultural pressure.

Azalea
03-07-2013, 10:15 PM
For men it's mostly fixed while women are more fluid. I've read a study about this subject and the conclusion was that most men are either very gay or very hetero whereas women tend to be closer to the middle of the 'gay scale'.

alfieb
03-07-2013, 10:19 PM
It's a gray area. I know a woman who was married, had kids, never thought about having sex with another woman, then got divorced, things wound up happening, and they never looked back.

Dacul
03-07-2013, 10:42 PM
For men it's mostly fixed while women are more fluid. I've read a study about this subject and the conclusion was that most men are either very gay or very hetero whereas women tend to be closer to the middle of the 'gay scale'.

I think you also like females in the depths of your soul.
:laugh:
Since if you would have disagreed with that study you would not have taken the conclusion there to put here.

Caismeachd
03-07-2013, 10:54 PM
It depends on the cause I suppose. I think it's a multi-faceted issue and not 100% related to genetics. There is some social influence for certain people as well most likely.

Azalea
03-07-2013, 11:05 PM
I think you also like females in the depths of your soul.
:laugh:
Since if you would have disagreed with that study you would not have taken the conclusion there to put here.
Why is that? The study didn't say that women are bisexuals by default. Just that it's more likely for a woman to be bisexual than for a man. (

Personally I've never felt any sexual attraction to a woman. I have kissed a girl once but it wasn't my thing and I don't feel like experimenting any further. I am straight pretty much.

Chinup
03-07-2013, 11:05 PM
When it comes to sexual orientation I think nurture plays a larger role than nature.

Stefan
03-07-2013, 11:27 PM
Possibly fluid, but likely fixed. Also I believe it's a spectrum.

Grenzland
03-08-2013, 09:27 AM
Fixed. No exceptions.

SkyBurn
03-08-2013, 09:30 AM
Everybody has fluid sexuality. It's why people's tastes (not necessarily gender preference) change over time.

Grenzland
03-08-2013, 09:33 AM
Ok, I'm just 22 but I never was into boys...

I don't think it will change.

(BTW: SkyBurn stop your Jewish propaganda! You just want to make me gay! :D )

Žołnir
03-08-2013, 09:34 AM
Fluid? Honestly i don't know and dosen't matter.

SkyBurn
03-08-2013, 09:35 AM
Ok, I'm just 22 but I never was into boys...

I don't think it will change.

(BTW: SkyBurn stop your Jewish propaganda! You just want to make me gay! :D )

Why would I want to make you gay, when I've done it before? ;)

But think of it like this. When you were 14, I'm sure you had crushes on 14 year old girls (and boys, probably). I'm sure the same no longer applies. That's fluidity for you.

Grenzland
03-08-2013, 09:38 AM
And after the development of your sexuality?

RussiaPrussia
03-10-2013, 11:55 PM
its fixed but sexual orientation and having sex are two different things.

arcticwolf
03-11-2013, 12:26 AM
You people have no idea about rebirth do you? lol If you were a female last time around you still may have attraction towards males even if you are one yourself this time around. There mystery solved. :laugh:

Legion
03-11-2013, 12:33 AM
SkyBurn furthering his ZOG agenda by brainwashing white youth into homosexuality in order to destroy the white family...

I think it is fixed in the vast majority of cases. Perhaps a complicated form of brain damage can switch it somehow.

This article may be of interest xD http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/12/101203-homosexual-birds-mercury-science/

Male birds that eat mercury-contaminated food show "surprising" homosexual behavior, scientists have found.

In a recent experiment in captive white ibises, many of the males exposed to the metal chose other males as mates.

These "male-male pairs did everything that a heterosexual pair would do," said study leader Peter Frederick, a wildlife ecologist at the University of Florida in Gainesville.

"They built their nest, copulated together, stayed together on a nest for a month, even though there were no eggs—they did the whole nine yards."

Wild white ibises—among the most common birds in Florida's Everglades—are exposed daily to mercury through their diets of crustaceans and other small invertebrates.

The prey animals take up mercury that's long seeped into the Everglades as a byproduct of industrial processes such as waste incineration.

Recent pollution-control measures have "grossly reduced" the contamination, Frederick said. Even so, the new study shows that ibises experience "fairly major reproductive problems at pretty low levels of [mercury]."

Chinup
03-11-2013, 12:48 AM
its fixed but sexual orientation and having sex are two different things. this ..

The plumbing remains the same, what people do with it during their lives is what's fluid.

Veneda
03-11-2013, 01:10 AM
It is fixed and is a part which you inherited from your ancestors.

MissProvocateur
03-11-2013, 01:16 AM
Fluid for some, fixed for others. I could be physically attracted to a woman at one point, though I definetly like men better, but I would NEVER be in a relationship with a woman. Ever.

It depends on the people. I know people who honestly DID change their sexuality.

Grenzland
03-11-2013, 09:37 AM
Haha I know also people who changed their sexuality...

after a relationship with me! :D

SkyBurn
03-11-2013, 09:41 AM
Haha I know also people who changed their sexuality...

after a relationship with me! :D

True. You turned me straighter than I already was :p

Moonbird
10-14-2013, 04:45 PM
It depends. I think it's fixed for some and fluid for others.

When 19-stone rugby player Chris Birch suffered a stroke during a freak training accident, his family feared it would be a life-changing injury.

Yet while his recovery certainly brought about a transformation, it seems to have been in a way no one could have expected.

For when he regained consciousness, the 26-year-old – who was engaged to his girlfriend – claimed he had become gay.

Mr Birch’s astonishing change saw him break up with his fiancée, ditch his job in a bank to retrain as a hairdresser and lose eight stone in weight.

He has now moved in with his 19-year-old boyfriend.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2058921/Chris-Birch-stroke-Rugby-player-wakes-gay-freak-gym-accident.html

Sikeliot
10-15-2013, 02:10 AM
It depends. I think it's fixed for some and fluid for others.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2058921/Chris-Birch-stroke-Rugby-player-wakes-gay-freak-gym-accident.html

What is funny about that is how stereotypically gay he looks now, for someone who was a rugby player before :lol:

Dessy
10-15-2013, 04:21 AM
Fixed, all related to the amount of anti bodies present in the womb

riverman
10-15-2013, 04:24 AM
depends on the person, imo, not fluid for me

Gaston
10-15-2013, 11:12 AM
It's more fluid for females apparently. And bisexual of course can change de facto but I wonder if the changes are actually linked to raw sexual and romantic attraction or are caused by life events and choices.

I think fluidity applies to prepubescent and adolescents to a greater degree than adults.

Odin
10-22-2017, 01:02 AM
Fixed.

Zroota
11-10-2017, 01:27 PM
My (gay) sexuality has always been fixed.

ioan assen
11-10-2017, 01:38 PM
It depends on the person I guess. It could be fixed or fluid. I remember the Kinsley scale. You can be totally straight or gay or somewhere in the middle between those too. Some would lean to one side, others - to the other. There are ppl today that identify as bi or pansexual thus, for them its fluid.

Colonel Frank Grimes
11-10-2017, 02:06 PM
It's fluid for women but not men. Women's sexual attraction to men is more than just physical. For example, I've known women who were sexually attracted to a guy by their physical appeal but once they got to know them they were no longer sexually attracted. To a guy that seems bizarre. Our sexual attraction to someone is based on the physical only. A woman doesn't become less sexually attractive to us because of her personality and they don't become sexually attractive to us because of their personality. Unlike men women can gradually become sexually attracted to a man or woman that they hadn't been before based on experiences with that person. What attracts a woman sexually is more complex than for a guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAWzs6OLzQ4

You'll very rarely see the opposite to the above. You won't see a male model with an unattractive woman. If you do, you can safely assume the guy is trying to get money or something else out of her but he'd have to be a great actor or a psychopath to be able to keep up the charade.

As you can see in the next video the guy wants something from the woman (green card) but it's so damn difficult for him to pretend he's in love with her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTljqIKhs0c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36Vy5S-vvJk

Mingle
11-10-2017, 02:21 PM
Everybody has bisexual potential, both men and women. Attraction to the opposite sex is based on nature since we need to be attracted to the opposite sex to procrate. People that claim to be gay had some atypical experiences or upbringing when growing up, they weren't like that naturally.

While women have a more fluid sexuality than men, men aren't always totally fixed. I've known of multiple cases of gay men saying they became gay after a bad breakup or after they were raped. There are also many outspoken ex-gays. The website www.queerbychoice.com is by a gay (or bi?) guy who says he was originally straight but then chose to become queer.

Sexual orientarion is a modern Western liberal social construct that didn't exist in history. You're either normal or perverted. Straight, gay, etc. are just bs identity politics terms.

serywhy
07-08-2018, 11:08 PM
there is only ONE orientation: a thing is oriented towards its opposite because all attraction is between unlike things - there is no attraction between like things - think MAGNETISM even PERSONAL!

DarkSecret
07-08-2018, 11:17 PM
Some people become gay later they leave their wives etc. And some are treated to become heterosexual. So yes it must be fluid but not for everyone perhaps.

Larali
07-08-2018, 11:42 PM
I think it's a choice on some level. I think people can be attracted to anything/anyone they want to be attracted to.

Wadaad
07-08-2018, 11:45 PM
orientation is fixed...libido is fluid

Catarinense1998
07-08-2018, 11:47 PM
I dont have sure.I think it is fixed to some people and fluid to bissexuals.

Dandelion
07-08-2018, 11:48 PM
I am straight and I'll die straight, but it's fluid for some for sure.

Archduke
07-08-2018, 11:50 PM
This is very complicated, but sexuality is definitely not fluid. If you became gay when you were 30, you definitely had that deep in you long before that..but because of society many people need time to realize who they are. Unfortunately such people most of the time are mentally not stable and are always confused between their past "normal" life and the current gay one. My ex boyfriend is just like that. He felt ready to be with men when he was 25-26. When we had honest conversations, he was saying how he always imagined to have family and children with a guy. When he was mad at me, the reason why he switched to men was because women were too complicated and with men he doesnt have problems..

And the people who were previously gay and later become straight, they just put a mask in order to feel "normal" in society. I have a neighbour in my hometown who is 100% gay and last time when I was home, he was outside with a baby and wife.

I personally knew that I am gay since very early age and accepted myself very easy. Tried to be with women several times and it doesnt feel natural for me. I can easily be with one, but I would definitely feel very unhappy.

Dandelion
07-08-2018, 11:53 PM
This is very complicated, but sexuality is definitely not fluid. If you became gay when you were 30, you definitely had that deep in you long before that..but because of society many people need time to realize who they are. Unfortunately such people most of the time are mentally not stable and are always confused between their past "normal" life and the current gay one. My ex boyfriend is just like that. He felt ready to be with men when he was 25-26. When we had honest conversations, he was saying how he always imagined to have family and children with a guy. When he was mad at me, the reason why he switched to men was because women were too complicated and with men he doesnt have problems..

And the people who were previously gay and later become straight, they just put a mask in order to feel "normal" in society. I have a neighbour in my hometown who is 100% gay and last time when I was home, he was outside with a baby and wife.

I personally knew that I am gay since very early age and accepted myself very easy. Tried to be with women several times and it doesnt feel natural for me. I can easily be with one, but I would definitely feel very unhappy.

Probably. My reference is the ex-girlfriend of my lesbian cousin. She's the identical twin of a straight sister.

Kamal900
07-08-2018, 11:54 PM
So-so.

rein
07-08-2018, 11:56 PM
Nobody cares what people do in private.