PDA

View Full Version : Socionics test

Herr Abubu
03-11-2013, 07:51 PM
Another offshoot from Carl Jung's theory of personality, although (not so) arguably more esoteric and in many ways more correct and accurate than MBTI, at least less simplified; simplification is like deconstruction, it might be easier to understand some details of a car if you dissassemble it, but at the same time you destroy it, leaving you with nothing.

http://www.sociotype.com/tests/

My result is ILI, which corresponds most closely to MBTI INTJ and Jungian Ni-Te. What's yours?

I will make a poll with Socionics terms and corresponding MBTI terms so that it's easier to understand.

Herr Abubu
03-11-2013, 08:05 PM
Bump. I'll offer myself to share for all of those who participate.

Herr Abubu
03-11-2013, 08:22 PM
By myself I meant my soul. I'm offering you my soul, people! Take the offer!

Kazimiera
03-11-2013, 11:11 PM
LSI (ISTj) Socionics Type

Herr Abubu
03-12-2013, 12:53 AM
LSI (ISTj) Socionics Type

Socionics ISTj corresponds to MBTI ISTP. I know, it's weird. Turning from MBTI to Socionics is like learning to talk English backwards. It's based more purely on Jung's function theory than MBTI is.

Some ISTPs worth mentioning: Steve Jobs, Stanley Kubrick, Clint Eastwood and Frank Zappa.

Kazimiera
03-12-2013, 01:02 AM
Socionics ISTj corresponds to MBTI ISTP. I know, it's weird. Turning from MBTI to Socionics is like learning to talk English backwards. It's based more purely on Jung's function theory than MBTI is.

Some ISTPs worth mentioning: Steve Jobs, Stanley Kubrick, Clint Eastwood and Frank Zappa.

I've done the MBTI many times over a period of years. Sometimes with a year or two gap in between and I've ALWAYS come up as ISTJ. This is the first time I'm getting a different result.

Grenzland
03-12-2013, 01:28 AM
I'm ESE-0 (ESFj).

Is this good? :D

school
03-12-2013, 01:29 AM
For the poll I voted in accordance with the MBTI part of the score as the poll did not have an option that accounted for my exact score (more familiar with MBTI nomenclature).

Your Sociotype: LII-1Ti (INTj)

Brief Description of the LII

Using introverted thinking as his base function and extroverted intuition as his creative, the LII is adept at creating a concept of reality through the synthesis and application of preformulated principles and rules. When formulating new principles, the LII methodically analyzes new information, taking the salient aspects and discarding the extraneous. Staying within the boundaries of his principles, the LII is capable of generating new ideas and possibilities of how the world could work. At its best, this ability gives the LII an aura of confidence and insightfulness into areas of abstraction and possibility that many other types don't have; at its worst, this ability may lead the LII to possibilities so impractical or unreachable that he is perceived as others to be out of touch with reality. Additionally, the LIIs inclination for deep isolated thoughts often leaves him disconnected from societal interaction--as if he is constantly an observer but never a participant. Learn more about the LII here!

Other Possible Types

ILI (INTp): 86% as likely as LII.
LSI (ISTj): 81% as likely as LII.
LIE (ENTj): 80% as likely as LII.

Grenzland
03-12-2013, 01:40 AM
And what other types are my perfect partner now? :)

Veneficus
03-12-2013, 01:57 AM
Test Results

Your Sociotype: ILI-1Te (INTp)

Brief Description of the ILI

Using introverted intuition as his base function and extroverted thinking as his creative, the ILI is capable of deep and vivid imagery as well as the ability to analyze the correctness of conclusions. In fact, the ILI is excellent at critiquing everything from someone's statements and conclusions to the food he eats. They have an inherent understanding of the weak points in any argument, and they are particularly adept at identifying both empirical weaknesses and logical inconsistencies. As paradoxical as it might sound, the ILI has both the ability to foresee future trends and events, while at the same time refusing to make any assumptions that lack a thorough empirical backing. At his best, the ILI will act as a very useful advisor, pointing out weaknesses and flaws that he sees, while also making suggestions for improvements. At his worst, the ILI's penchant for deep and secluded thoughts, coupled with his refusal to sacrifice truth and accuracy in favor of diplomacy, can result in leaving him socially isolated. Learn more about the ILI here!

Other Possible Types

LIE (ENTj): 92% as likely as ILI.
LII (INTj): 73% as likely as ILI.
ILE (ENTp): 56% as likely as ILI.

Arbërori
03-12-2013, 03:11 AM
Test Results

Your Sociotype: SEI-0 (ISFp)

Brief Description of the SEI

Using introverted sensing as her base function and extroverted intuition as her creative, the SEI excels at creatively applying her introverted sensing to improve the mood of those around her. As with the ESE, the SEI is in tune with people's emotional states and seeks to mitigate conflict and encourage a harmonious atmosphere. The SEI's creativity is practically unlimited, and this skill is used in a number of pursuits including graphic design, music, and culinary arts, to name a few. Generally speaking, this creativity is channeled towards uses that will have a positive impact on at least one person's emotional state; as such, the SEI would prefer not to channel her creativity towards more impersonal endeavors. At her best, the SEI applies sensori stimuli (in the form of art, good food, etc.) to make herself and those around her comfortable and content; at her worst, the SEI can become highly emotional, and these emotions can become very volatile--changing quickly from happiness to sadness to anger within minutes. Furthermore, these volatile and strong emotional states will be shared freely with those around her--to either their pleasure or detriment. Learn more about the SEI here!

Other Possible Types

ESI (ISFj): 96% as likely as SEI.
SEE (ESFp): 87% as likely as SEI.
ESE (ESFj): 79% as likely as SEI.

Oneeye
03-12-2013, 03:39 AM
: LII-1Ti (INTj)

Using introverted thinking as his base function and extroverted intuition as his creative, the LII is adept at creating a concept of reality through the synthesis and application of preformulated principles and rules. When formulating new principles, the LII methodically analyzes new information, taking the salient aspects and discarding the extraneous. Staying within the boundaries of his principles, the LII is capable of generating new ideas and possibilities of how the world could work. At its best, this ability gives the LII an aura of confidence and insightfulness into areas of abstraction and possibility that many other types don't have; at its worst, this ability may lead the LII to possibilities so impractical or unreachable that he is perceived as others to be out of touch with reality. Additionally, the LIIs inclination for deep isolated thoughts often leaves him disconnected from societal interaction--as if he is constantly an observer but never a participant. Learn more about the LII here!

Herr Abubu
03-13-2013, 01:17 PM
I've done the MBTI many times over a period of years. Sometimes with a year or two gap in between and I've ALWAYS come up as ISTJ. This is the first time I'm getting a different result.

Most tests on the Internet are poor to put it mildly. What these tests should do is to test for Jungian functions, not single and insignificant traits that only have slight correlations with functions. This test includes the Jungian functions very well. Additionally, it includes some interesting methodology, such as the photos, which are used to determine what sort of partner you would prefer. It's a far-fetched idea that it can determine partner compatibility though.

I'm ESE-0 (ESFj).

Is this good? :D

It's just as good as you think it is.

And what other types are my perfect partner now? :)

ISTj is one of the top options. You and Kazimiera should get it on. :tongue

Grenzland
03-13-2013, 02:43 PM
I read what ISTj is and I really like this personalities! :)

Kazimieraaaaaa? :D

school
03-13-2013, 09:24 PM
With these sorts of tests it is best to keep in mind the "horoscope effect" or Forer effect, grain of salt almost required with these.

Herr Abubu
03-13-2013, 10:34 PM
With these sorts of tests it is best to keep in mind the "horoscope effect" or Forer effect, grain of salt almost required with these.

The Forer effect is only relevant to the personality descriptions, not the tests, and only then the reactions to said descriptions. I agree that descriptions shouldn't be considered as being completely relevant to oneself though. Yet I would defend those descriptions, because they are based on inductive reasoning, i.e. these types correlate with these traits, and are therefore often at least approximate to truth. Additionally, it's impossible not to render description as merely abstractions, since one can't tailor descriptions for everyone. Thus the descriptions should be considered as having at least some truth to them.

school
03-13-2013, 11:45 PM
The Forer effect is only relevant to the personality descriptions, not the tests, and only then the reactions to said descriptions. I agree that descriptions shouldn't be considered as being completely relevant to oneself though. Yet I would defend those descriptions, because they are based on inductive reasoning, i.e. these types correlate with these traits, and are therefore often at least approximate to truth. Additionally, it's impossible not to render description as merely abstractions, since one can't tailor descriptions for everyone. Thus the descriptions should be considered as having at least some truth to them.

Yes, Forer effect in reference to the descriptions is a better way to put it. I would also agree that the types do demonstrate correlation with the traits, in stating "take with a grain of salt" it is meant to reference the approximate nature per the condition that you had already stated: one cannot tailor descriptions for everyone, ergo a degree of meditation upon a particular result is recommended.

On another note, I wonder whether or not, among a contemporary general population, how difficult it would be to prevent a person from reacting to the results in a manner that would be associated with the Forer effect given a societal trend in conditioning individuals from a young age to believe that they inherently deserve being catered to, or so it seems to myself (I may be misguided in this). This could be a factor in influencing a belief that a particular result has been catered for a particular agent (such belief being a factor in potential overconfidence in the accuracy of a particular result). More or less is a cautionary note for the test taker.

As indicated in the description in the home tab, a purpose of this test is to research and develop socionics, given that I would presume that the results are being collected on an anonymous basis for review. If this is so then I would be a bit skeptical about, but not entirely closed off to, certain conclusions given factors of respondent falsification or flawed self perceptions which would influence the quality of an answer. I would be interested in considering conclusions to be drawn from this research.

Psychology I've found interesting but it tended to not directly address my focus in regards to the mind/brain hence a degree of alienation with how these particular things work. This alienation is something I think I ought to remedy to some extant as an agent who studies neurophilosophy and the cognitive sciences.

Spent so much time with a sort of "tunnel vision" in regards to the mind-body problem (alternating between a property dualist and substance dualist perspective, ultimately coming to settle with a form of property dualism) in personal thought to an extant to where I neglected to meditate upon the mind outside of attempting to define "what it is" from a very impersonal/mechanical approach, which may be a faulted approach from the start. As a result I have almost no working knowledge relevant to personality/behavior (perhaps an impediment to completing a definition of mind under the stipulation that a complete description of function/nature ought to be a part of a given definition, psychology would address functions/natures of mind through examining states of mind, this an error on my part that ought to have not been committed).

Caismeachd
03-14-2013, 12:44 AM
I got SLI ISTP on this. I usually get INTJ.

Using introverted sensing as his base function and extroverted thinking as his creative, the SLI is immersed in his senses and has a strong understanding of both the design and functional aspects of objects. Much like the SEI, the SLI is highly in tune with the effect his surrounding environment can have on his and others' senses. This, coupled with his ability to assess factual information, makes him an ideal candidate for matters of design and function--particularly when the two are intertwined. The SLI is drawn to people and things that increase his pleasurable sensations. The SLI enjoys peaceful interaction and often prefers to either be alone or limit his interaction to the few select individuals that he cares most about. Often he is drawn towards nature and the outdoors. At his best, the SLI is born with a fundamental understanding of the way things operate which allows him to excel in fields from engineering, to architecture, to medicine; at his worst, the SLI has difficulty opening up emotionally and may misinterpret others' intentions as more negative than they truly are.

rhiannon
03-14-2013, 04:29 AM

Using introverted sensing as her base function and extroverted intuition as her creative, the SEI excels at creatively applying her introverted sensing to improve the mood of those around her. As with the ESE, the SEI is in tune with people's emotional states and seeks to mitigate conflict and encourage a harmonious atmosphere. The SEI's creativity is practically unlimited, and this skill is used in a number of pursuits including graphic design, music, and culinary arts, to name a few. Generally speaking, this creativity is channeled towards uses that will have a positive impact on at least one person's emotional state; as such, the SEI would prefer not to channel her creativity towards more impersonal endeavors. At her best, the SEI applies sensori stimuli (in the form of art, good food, etc.) to make herself and those around her comfortable and content; at her worst, the SEI can become highly emotional, and these emotions can become very volatile--changing quickly from happiness to sadness to anger within minutes. Furthermore, these volatile and strong emotional states will be shared freely with those around her--to either their pleasure or detriment. Learn more about the SEI here!

Similar to what I normally would get, which is ISFJ

Thing is....I'm not artsy fartsy at all lol. I do like cooking sometimes.

Aurora
03-14-2013, 06:09 AM
Yep...

Test Results
Your Sociotype: SEI-1Fe (ISFp)

Using introverted sensing as her base function and extroverted intuition as her creative, the SEI excels at creatively applying her introverted sensing to improve the mood of those around her. As with the ESE, the SEI is in tune with people's emotional states and seeks to mitigate conflict and encourage a harmonious atmosphere. The SEI's creativity is practically unlimited, and this skill is used in a number of pursuits including graphic design, music, and culinary arts, to name a few. Generally speaking, this creativity is channeled towards uses that will have a positive impact on at least one person's emotional state; as such, the SEI would prefer not to channel her creativity towards more impersonal endeavors. At her best, the SEI applies sensori stimuli (in the form of art, good food, etc.) to make herself and those around her comfortable and content; at her worst, the SEI can become highly emotional, and these emotions can become very volatile--changing quickly from happiness to sadness to anger within minutes. Furthermore, these volatile and strong emotional states will be shared freely with those around her--to either their pleasure or detrimen

Aredhel
03-14-2013, 06:35 AM
My result is:

Using introverted intuition as his base function and extroverted thinking as his creative, the ILI is capable of deep and vivid imagery as well as the ability to analyze the correctness of conclusions. In fact, the ILI is excellent at critiquing everything from someone's statements and conclusions to the food he eats. They have an inherent understanding of the weak points in any argument, and they are particularly adept at identifying both empirical weaknesses and logical inconsistencies. As paradoxical as it might sound, the ILI has both the ability to foresee future trends and events, while at the same time refusing to make any assumptions that lack a thorough empirical backing. At his best, the ILI will act as a very useful advisor, pointing out weaknesses and flaws that he sees, while also making suggestions for improvements. At his worst, the ILI's penchant for deep and secluded thoughts, coupled with his refusal to sacrifice truth and accuracy in favor of diplomacy, can result in leaving him socially isolated.

Herr Abubu
03-14-2013, 12:25 PM
I got SLI ISTP on this. I usually get INTJ.

Using introverted sensing as his base function and extroverted thinking as his creative, the SLI is immersed in his senses and has a strong understanding of both the design and functional aspects of objects. Much like the SEI, the SLI is highly in tune with the effect his surrounding environment can have on his and others' senses. This, coupled with his ability to assess factual information, makes him an ideal candidate for matters of design and function--particularly when the two are intertwined. The SLI is drawn to people and things that increase his pleasurable sensations. The SLI enjoys peaceful interaction and often prefers to either be alone or limit his interaction to the few select individuals that he cares most about. Often he is drawn towards nature and the outdoors. At his best, the SLI is born with a fundamental understanding of the way things operate which allows him to excel in fields from engineering, to architecture, to medicine; at his worst, the SLI has difficulty opening up emotionally and may misinterpret others' intentions as more negative than they truly are.

It depends on what sort of test you take. Another test that I recommend is Dario Nardi's Cognitive Functions Test (http://www.keys2cognition.com/explore.htm). Note how Socionics terminology works, SLI/ISTp -- ISTJ in MBTI terms -- stands for Sensing Logical Introvert. I'm an ILI/INTp, Intuitive Logical Introvert - which corresponds roughly to INTJ in MBTI.

Similar to what I normally would get, which is ISFJ

Thing is....I'm not artsy fartsy at all lol. I do like cooking sometimes.

ISFp is ISFJ in MBTI nomenclature. When Myers and Briggs developed the MBTI, using Jung's work as their basis, they added the last letters (P for perceiving, J for judging) to divide extroverted judging and extroverted perceiving. Socionics takes another approach. The last letters symbolizes dominant function, whether extroverted or introverted, in Socionics. ESFJs are dominant judgers (extroverted feeling), while ISFJs are dominant perceivers (introverted sensing). Intuition and sensing are perceiving functions; feeling and thinking are judging functions.

Yep...

Test Results
Your Sociotype: SEI-1Fe (ISFp)

Using introverted sensing as her base function and extroverted intuition as her creative, the SEI excels at creatively applying her introverted sensing to improve the mood of those around her. As with the ESE, the SEI is in tune with people's emotional states and seeks to mitigate conflict and encourage a harmonious atmosphere. The SEI's creativity is practically unlimited, and this skill is used in a number of pursuits including graphic design, music, and culinary arts, to name a few. Generally speaking, this creativity is channeled towards uses that will have a positive impact on at least one person's emotional state; as such, the SEI would prefer not to channel her creativity towards more impersonal endeavors. At her best, the SEI applies sensori stimuli (in the form of art, good food, etc.) to make herself and those around her comfortable and content; at her worst, the SEI can become highly emotional, and these emotions can become very volatile--changing quickly from happiness to sadness to anger within minutes. Furthermore, these volatile and strong emotional states will be shared freely with those around her--to either their pleasure or detrimen

I take it you feel that this is accurate?

safinator
04-22-2013, 05:36 PM

Using introverted thinking as his base function and extroverted intuition as his creative, the LII is adept at creating a concept of reality through the synthesis and application of preformulated principles and rules. When formulating new principles, the LII methodically analyzes new information, taking the salient aspects and discarding the extraneous. Staying within the boundaries of his principles, the LII is capable of generating new ideas and possibilities of how the world could work. At its best, this ability gives the LII an aura of confidence and insightfulness into areas of abstraction and possibility that many other types don't have; at its worst, this ability may lead the LII to possibilities so impractical or unreachable that he is perceived as others to be out of touch with reality. Additionally, the LIIs inclination for deep isolated thoughts often leaves him disconnected from societal interaction--as if he is constantly an observer but never a participant.

On MBTI i usually get ISTP and sometimes INTP

Btw i voted wrongly, if a moderator could change my vote i'd be thankful.

Herr Abubu
04-22-2013, 05:41 PM
On MBTI i usually get ISTP and sometimes INTP

Btw i vote wrongly, if a moderator could change my vote i'd be thankful.

In Socionics, INTj corresponds to INTP in MBTI. The difference is that Socionics draws much more from Jung's ideas than MBTI does. MBTI is a very cheap rendition of Jung's personality theory. Socionics is quite interesting, yet not perfect. I draw the best parts out of all the different interpretations and go with that. This test is far better than any other test out there, except perhaps for Dario Nardi's Keys2Cognition test (http://www.keys2cognition.com/explore.htm).

Jackson
04-22-2013, 05:57 PM

Using introverted thinking as his base function and extroverted intuition as his creative, the LII is adept at creating a concept of reality through the synthesis and application of preformulated principles and rules. When formulating new principles, the LII methodically analyzes new information, taking the salient aspects and discarding the extraneous. Staying within the boundaries of his principles, the LII is capable of generating new ideas and possibilities of how the world could work. At its best, this ability gives the LII an aura of confidence and insightfulness into areas of abstraction and possibility that many other types don't have; at its worst, this ability may lead the LII to possibilities so impractical or unreachable that he is perceived as others to be out of touch with reality. Additionally, the LIIs inclination for deep isolated thoughts often leaves him disconnected from societal interaction--as if he is constantly an observer but never a participant.

Burkean
05-07-2013, 04:04 PM
Your Sociotype: LSI-1Ti (ISTj)
Brief Description of the LSI

Using introverted thinking as his base function and extroverted sensing as his creative, the LSI excels at formulating systems of the world that can be practically utilized. The LSI has a strong understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of a system and can manipulate either to his advantage. Similar to the LII, the LSI creates rules and principles built on logical consistency, which he religiously adheres to. But unlike the LII, the LSI does not speculate as much on improbable possibilities but rather focuses on practical solutions to problems. At his best, the LSI acts as a model citizen or employee; dutifully providing for his family, his employer, his friends and his community. He will rigidly uphold the law and other actions he perceives as just and logical, while discouraging actions he views as unjust. At his worst, the LSI can become driven towards the acquisition of power to the detriment of anyone that stands in his way; in realizing these goals, the LSI can become oblivious to actions that many might consider inhumane. Learn more about the LSI here!

Other Possible Types
SLE (ESTp): 89% as likely as LSI.
LII (INTj): 77% as likely as LSI.
SLI (ISTp): 73% as likely as LSI.

Neanderthal
10-20-2013, 04:58 AM
IEI-0 (INFp)

Prisoner Of Ice
10-20-2013, 05:01 AM
INTJ

Hate to say it but it seems like everything but the architect and engineer type makes the most nonsensical arguments.

Herr Abubu
10-20-2013, 12:14 PM
I prefer a purely Jungian approach than I do either MBTI or Socionics, although Socionics is better than MBTI. The score you get from this test differs a lot from the one you get from a typical MBTI test. I'm uncertain of what I really am. I seem divided between INTJ and INTP. I have some ideas why that is.

Sippola
10-20-2013, 12:53 PM
SLI

LSE (ESTj): 98% as likely as SLI.
SLE (ESTp): 94% as likely as SLI.
LSI (ISTj): 85% as likely as SLI.

After reading the entire description, it seems somewhat true.

lI
10-24-2013, 11:49 PM
In Socionics, INTj corresponds to INTP in MBTI. The difference is that Socionics draws much more from Jung's ideas than MBTI does. MBTI is a very cheap rendition of Jung's personality theory. Socionics is quite interesting, yet not perfect. I draw the best parts out of all the different interpretations and go with that. This test is far better than any other test out there, except perhaps for Dario Nardi's Keys2Cognition test (http://www.keys2cognition.com/explore.htm).I got that INTj in this test and I have to say that I didn't like the test at all. Tests which only require selecting one trait or aspect at a time make much more sense while this one attempted to make people chose between two elaborate multilayered statements in each question. What to chose when only a part of the 1st statement applies dead on and another part doesn't apply at all while the 2nd is just kind of "off" in full, how to chose between the two? Many of those 55 questions were like that.

According to MBTI, I'm right in between ENTP & INTP.

The results from this one:
Your Sociotype: LII (http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/LII-INTj/)-1Ti (INTj)

Other Possible Types

ILE (http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/ILE-ENTp/) (ENTp (http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/ILE-ENTp/)): 99% as likely as LII (http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/LII-INTj/).

ILI (http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/ILI-INTp/) (INTp (http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/ILI-INTp/)): 86% as likely as LII (http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/LII-INTj/).
LSI (http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/LSI-ISTj/) (ISTj (http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/LSI-ISTj/)): 78% as likely as LII (http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/LII-INTj/).

Famous LII (http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/LII-INTj/)s
(http://www.sociotype.com/tests/)Immanuel Kant (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immanuel_Kant):D

Neanderthal
10-24-2013, 11:55 PM
IEI-0 (INFp)

I think i'm the only one of this type here.

Herr Abubu
10-25-2013, 04:15 PM
I got that INTj in this test and I have to say that I didn't like the test at all. Tests which only require selecting one trait or aspect at a time make much more sense while this one attempted to make people chose between two elaborate multilayered statements in each question. What to chose when only a part of the 1st statement applies dead on and another part doesn't apply at all while the 2nd is just kind of "off" in full, how to chose between the two? Many of those 55 questions were like that.

According to MBTI, I'm right in between ENTP & INTP.

The results from this one:

The problems with the MBTI approach is that it's inconsistent with Jung's personality theory. Socionics (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socionics) isn't completely consistent with Jung either, but more so than the MBTI. That's why I prefer Dario Nardi's test (see second paragraph). Socionics is consistent when it comes to terminology, though. INTj corresponds to INTP in MBTI. INTP is really a dominant judger since it predominantly uses a judging function: Ti (introverted thinking). In MBTI terms, the last letter is a denotion of extroversion of judging function. With that said, I agree that the questions could have been better, while maintaining that it's better than the MBTI. Many of the questions are difficult to answer because of what you said and because the options didn't exclude the other. I found myself thinking that I fit in both categories plenty of times. The questions that selects your letters, not the introversion or extroversion of your functions, are quite good, though.

I mentioned Dario Nardi (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGfhQTbcqmA) and his test (http://www.keys2cognition.com/explore.htm). Dario Nardi studied the relation between the brain and Jung's functions of mind (personality functions). He found no correlation between MBTI traits and brain regions, in spite of the fact that MBTI is an off-shoot of Jung's theory - an incredibly poor one, in my opinion. However, he did find a relationship between Jung's theory of personality functions and regions in the brain. More on his work (http://www.pdx.edu/sysc/sites/www.pdx.edu.sysc/files/neuro-systems.pdf).

What your scores tells you is that you are an INTP, 99% as likely ENTP, 86% as likely INTJ and 78% as likely ISTP. So your socionics score is consistent with your MBTI score.

Herr Abubu
10-25-2013, 04:16 PM
I think i'm the only one of this type here.

INFp (INFJ in MBTI terms) is the rarest of all types and more common in women than men.

Neanderthal
10-25-2013, 04:18 PM
INFp (INFJ in MBTI terms) is the rarest of all types and more common in women than men.

Am I gay?

Herr Abubu
10-25-2013, 04:22 PM
Am I gay?

I have no idea. You should make a couple of threads about it, it's a time-proven method.

Women are on average more feeling than men. You're probably not gay. :P

Neanderthal
10-25-2013, 04:24 PM
:cry2

Rudel
10-25-2013, 04:25 PM
I'm an INTP bordering on INTJ, according to MBTI. I'll come back after taking that Socionics thing.

------------------
*20 minutes later*

Your Sociotype: LII-1Ne (INTj) Brief Description of the LII Using introverted thinking as his base function and extroverted intuition as his creative, the LII is adept at creating a concept of reality through the synthesis and application of preformulated principles and rules. When formulating new principles, the LII methodically analyzes new information, taking the salient aspects and discarding the extraneous. Staying within the boundaries of his principles, the LII is capable of generating new ideas and possibilities of how the world could work. At its best, this ability gives the LII an aura of confidence and insightfulness into areas of abstraction and possibility that many other types don't have; at its worst, this ability may lead the LII to possibilities so impractical or unreachable that he is perceived as others to be out of touch with reality. Additionally, the LIIs inclination for deep isolated thoughts often leaves him disconnected from societal interaction--as if he is constantly an observer but never a participant.

Other Possible Types
ILI (INTp): 87% as likely as LII.
ILE (ENTp): 83% as likely as LII.
LIE (ENTj): 73% as likely as LII.

Sociotype Characteristics
Quadra: Alpha
Club: Researchers
Temperament: IJ
Romance Styles:
Primary: Infantile
Secondary: Aggressor

Told you so. I expected INTP, but I got INTJ. Honestly, in my experience, it mostly relies on my mood at the moment I take the test. I'm poorly tempered and I can change a lot from a moment to another.

Nota bene : I voted INTP before taking the test, but that's well. I absolutely hate being like anyone else.

Zmey Gorynych
10-25-2013, 05:15 PM
Your Sociotype: LII-2Ti (INTj)

Other Possible Types

ILI (INTp): 95% as likely as LII.
LSI (ISTj): 86% as likely as LII.
LIE (ENTj): 72% as likely as LII.

Ok, now this very rational LII has one very stupid question. What's the difference between LII-2Ti and LII-1Ti !? Because most LII's got 1Ti, unlike me.

armenianbodyhair
10-25-2013, 05:21 PM
I always get LII or ILE on this thing.

Herr Abubu
10-25-2013, 05:55 PM
Ok, now this very rational LII has one very stupid question. What's the difference between LII-2Ti and LII-1Ti !? Because most LII's got 1Ti, unlike me.

Actually, that's a good question. The answer is that I have no real answer. I'm not quite sure. Maybe social roles:

1. The lone repository of truth — the last stalwart in a crazy world of illogic and delusion.
2. The self-sacrificing workaholic who works hard, not in order to earn money, but because he doesn't want to give anything less than 100%.
3. Mr. or Ms. Literal, who says exactly what (s)he means, and trusts that you will too.
4. The book worm who spends every moment of every day reading.
5. The smart aleck who never lets authorities tell him what to think and always finds a way to get the last word.
6. The specialist who devotes every waking moment to excelling in an extremely narrow but highly competitive technical field.

That description would fit with your "as likely" results.

I'm an INTP bordering on INTJ, according to MBTI. I'll come back after taking that Socionics thing.

------------------
*20 minutes later*

Told you so. I expected INTP, but I got INTJ. Honestly, in my experience, it mostly relies on my mood at the moment I take the test. I'm poorly tempered and I can change a lot from a moment to another.

Nota bene : I voted INTP before taking the test, but that's well. I absolutely hate being like anyone else.

INTj in socionics is the same as INTP in MBTI.

I always get LII or ILE on this thing.

You even know the terminology. :biggrin: But I can see that.

portusaus
12-07-2013, 10:40 AM
Fascinating.

I got LIE-0 (ENTj). The description is dead on for me.

"Using extroverted thinking as his base function and introverted intuition as his creative, the LIE has an amazing ability at not only predicting future trends, but also understanding what is necessary to make these future trends profitable. The LIE has an innate understanding of the most valuable use of capital and labor, and has the energy and drive to align these tools to achieving his goals. The LIE easily assesses the validity and usefulness of any information he happens to run across. Like the EIE, the LIE has great leadership potential, but unlike the EIE, the LIE is less concerned with the effects of his decisions on people's relationships or emotions, and more concerned with the impersonal results. At his best, the LIE is a visionary leader who understands the the big picture as well as the risks and rewards of every decision. At his worst, the LIE can become so focused on the future and the bottom line that he loses touch with the present and his personal relationships. Additionally, the LIE can be so focused on achieving his external goals that he forgets to take care of his own personal needs."

Nehellenia
02-11-2014, 01:46 PM
Test Results

Using introverted intuition as his base function and extroverted thinking as his creative, the ILI is capable of deep and vivid imagery as well as the ability to analyze the correctness of conclusions. In fact, the ILI is excellent at critiquing everything from someone's statements and conclusions to the food he eats. They have an inherent understanding of the weak points in any argument, and they are particularly adept at identifying both empirical weaknesses and logical inconsistencies. As paradoxical as it might sound, the ILI has both the ability to foresee future trends and events, while at the same time refusing to make any assumptions that lack a thorough empirical backing. At his best, the ILI will act as a very useful advisor, pointing out weaknesses and flaws that he sees, while also making suggestions for improvements. At his worst, the ILI's penchant for deep and secluded thoughts, coupled with his refusal to sacrifice truth and accuracy in favor of diplomacy, can result in leaving him socially isolated. Learn more about the ILI here!

Other Possible Types

LIE (ENTj): 73% as likely as ILI.
SLI (ISTp): 71% as likely as ILI.
LII (INTj): 65% as likely as ILI.

glass
02-11-2014, 02:15 PM
Test Results

Your Sociotype: LSE-1Te (ESTj)

Brief Description of the LSE

Using extroverted thinking as his base function and introverted sensing as his creative, the LSE excels at identifying methods and tools that can improve one's efficiency and productivity. This understanding, coupled with the LSE's high energy levels and generally strong work ethic, makes him a very productive individual. As such, he generally performs very well in lower and mid level management where attention to productivity, organization, and detail take precedence. At home, the LSE likes to surround himself with aesthetically pleasing items that also have a functional use. Socializing, the LSE enjoys enteraining small groups of people with thoughtful discussions or light-hearted games. At his best, the LSE's drive for perfection at home and at work make him a good employee and reliable family member. At his worst, the LSE can become overly concerned and worried when trying to plan for the future, and he tries to mitigate this concern by minimizing risk below the level that many other types would be perfectly comfortable with. Learn more about the LSE here!

first test in my life that says i am extraverted lol

Fincher
03-10-2014, 05:39 PM
ESI or SEI. There isn't a direct correlation between the two systems, btw. Each socionics type is basically a hodge-podge of individuals from two or more Myers-Briggs types that happen to share similar motivations and behavioral/relationship patterns; an EII could be INFJ, INFP or ISFJ for example.

Herr Abubu
07-11-2014, 09:00 AM
ESI or SEI. There isn't a direct correlation between the two systems, btw. Each socionics type is basically a hodge-podge of individuals from two or more Myers-Briggs types that happen to share similar motivations and behavioral/relationship patterns; an EII could be INFJ, INFP or ISFJ for example.

It corresponds to MBTI types if we only use the acronyms to mean Jungian type according to function (Ni, Si, Te, etc.).

Raven_
07-11-2014, 11:04 AM
I got ILI as well.

Herr Abubu
03-15-2015, 01:30 PM
Still ILI.

Neanderthal
03-21-2015, 01:27 AM
ILI = BIG COCK

Longbowman
03-21-2015, 01:39 AM
Ugh, my roommate co-founded my university's socionics society, I know more about this crap than I'll ever care to know. He loved classifying, too.

This test bugged me but the other one was ESFP. I think that's a change since 2 years ago when I took a test every. Single. Fucking. Fortnight. For my roommate's pleasure.

Longbowman
03-21-2015, 01:49 AM
Well, I ended up taking it.

Your Sociotype: ESE-0 (ESFj)

Using extroverted feeling as her base function and introverted sensing as her creative, the ESE is adept at understanding people's emotional needs, and she often responds to these needs through comforting words and actions. Driven by a desire for harmony and perfection in her life, the ESE uses her emotional acuity to strengthen and solidify the relationships with the people she cares about in her life. The ESE enjoys bringing people together for social interaction and improving their moods through the use of games, laughter, music, and good food. Perhaps better than any other type (exept for maybe the SEI), the ESE understands the effect that this sensory stimuli can have on a person's emotional state. At her best, the ESE is a center of vibrant social interaction where the goal is harmony and happiness for all the group participants; at her worst, the ESE's desire to help others may cause her to neglect her own needs. Additionally, the ESE's penchant for empathy can often cause her undue strain when she bears the emotional pain that others are feeling. Learn more about the ESE here!

Starting to feel like I clicked the wrong gender?

Other Possible Types

SEI (ISFp): 93% as likely as ESE.
SEE (ESFp): 65% as likely as ESE.
SLI (ISTp): 52% as likely as ESE.

Herr Abubu
03-21-2015, 09:53 AM
Well, I ended up taking it.

Your Sociotype: ESE-0 (ESFj)

Starting to feel like I clicked the wrong gender?

Other Possible Types

SEI (ISFp): 93% as likely as ESE.
SEE (ESFp): 65% as likely as ESE.
SLI (ISTp): 52% as likely as ESE.

Your gender doesn't affect the result. The result is not unexpected, it confirms a lot of things and tells me many new things.

Sideritis
03-21-2015, 10:07 AM
Unos momentos.

Han Cholo
03-21-2015, 10:19 AM
Test Results
Your Sociotype: ILI-2Te (INTp)

Other Possible Types

LII (INTj): 79% as likely as ILI.
LIE (ENTj): 77% as likely as ILI.
SLI (ISTp): 74% as likely as ILI.

Longbowman
03-21-2015, 01:03 PM
Your gender doesn't affect the result. The result is not unexpected, it confirms a lot of things and tells me many new things.

Such as?

Not a Cop
03-21-2015, 01:30 PM

Classify me then, you can guess 3 types. I've done internet test at about 15 and later about 2 years ago we had socionics in uni so that test was more "scientifical" i guess, both times i had the same result.

Herr Abubu
03-21-2015, 02:24 PM
Such as?

You're intelligent, but not at all profound. Attention seems important to you and so seems general approval. Your world view is essentially modernistic and of this time, and I suspect that this would have been the case were you living in any other point in time. You have made implicit admissions of this, too. You argue rhetorically, not dialectically. You are a sophist, not a philosopher. So on and so forth.

Classify me then, you can guess 3 types. I've done internet test at about 15 and later about 2 years ago we had socionics in uni so that test was more "scientifical" i guess, both times i had the same result.

We haven't had much contact, so I am making judgments on a rather speculative basis. My impression of you is first of all that you are introverted. Whether you are sensing or intuitive I am not so sure. A thinker for certain. Whether you are perceiving or judging I am not so sure. I believe you are either LII, ILI, SLI or LSI. I will take the three guess you gave me and guess that you are, from most to least likely, either LII, ILI or SLI.

How widespread is the use of the Socionics test in Russia, by the way? I know that it was made in the USSR and everything, but is it now comparable to how the MBTI is used in the West?

Linet
03-21-2015, 02:28 PM
Your Sociotype: ILI-1Te (INTp) :dance:

Using introverted intuition as his base function and extroverted thinking as his creative, the ILI is capable of deep and vivid imagery as well as the ability to analyze the correctness of conclusions. In fact, the ILI is excellent at critiquing everything from someone's statements and conclusions to the food he eats. They have an inherent understanding of the weak points in any argument, and they are particularly adept at identifying both empirical weaknesses and logical inconsistencies. As paradoxical as it might sound, the ILI has both the ability to foresee future trends and events, while at the same time refusing to make any assumptions that lack a thorough empirical backing. At his best, the ILI will act as a very useful advisor, pointing out weaknesses and flaws that he sees, while also making suggestions for improvements. At his worst, the ILI's penchant for deep and secluded thoughts, coupled with his refusal to sacrifice truth and accuracy in favor of diplomacy, can result in leaving him socially isolated

SLE (ESTp): 73% as likely as ILI.
LII (INTj): 71% as likely as ILI.
ILE (ENTp): 70% as likely as ILI.

Longbowman
03-21-2015, 02:37 PM
You're intelligent, but not at all profound. Attention seems important to you and so seems general approval. Your world view is essentially modernistic and of this time, and I suspect that this would have been the case were you living in any other point in time. You have made implicit admissions of this, too. You argue rhetorically, not dialectically. You are a sophist, not a philosopher. So on and so forth.

Can't deny a lot of this. As you say, I admit to it myself. To be fair in the UK profundity would be seen as melodrama and immediately subject to mockery. As a nation we're opposed to it. I certainly do enjoy attention, though I wouldn't say it's [consciously] important to me, whereas general approval is important to me. We are all a product of our times. I'm sure we would all be different if we had been born a century ago, or even a decade before we were.

Objectively it seems to me that a dialectic argumentation style is generally superior, but I really enjoy rhetoric styles. Either way, I can't think of many people [on this site] who genuinely generally employ dialectic styles. My disdain for philosophy is well known.

Everyone seems to be INTJ, what can you tell me about that?

Highlands
03-21-2015, 02:40 PM
Your Sociotype: LIE-0 (ENTj)
Brief Description of the LIE

Using extroverted thinking as his base function and introverted intuition as his creative, the LIE has an amazing ability at not only predicting future trends, but also understanding what is necessary to make these future trends profitable. The LIE has an innate understanding of the most valuable use of capital and labor, and has the energy and drive to align these tools to achieving his goals. The LIE easily assesses the validity and usefulness of any information he happens to run across. Like the EIE, the LIE has great leadership potential, but unlike the EIE, the LIE is less concerned with the effects of his decisions on people's relationships or emotions, and more concerned with the impersonal results. At his best, the LIE is a visionary leader who understands the the big picture as well as the risks and rewards of every decision. At his worst, the LIE can become so focused on the future and the bottom line that he loses touch with the present and his personal relationships. Additionally, the LIE can be so focused on achieving his external goals that he forgets to take care of his own personal needs.

Hithaeglir
03-21-2015, 02:40 PM
Your Sociotype: EII-1Ne (INFj)

Brief Description of the EII

Using introverted feeling as her base function and extroverted intuition as her creative, the EII is adept at understanding people's internal drive and motivation. She often acts reserved, respectful, and polite around others she does not know well but will eventually open up more. She implicitly trusts her intuition when judging someone, and this intuition serves her well at grasping more abstract concepts. EIIs need to constantly set new goals for themselves and they care deeply about meeting these goals. However it should be noted that these goals are very personal, and she places less weight on the conventional achievements that society values, so often any correlation is largely coincidental. At her best, the EII is known for respecting other people's beliefs and values while also being an overachiever at school and work; at her worst, the EII's compassion and empathy can cause her undue harm when the people she cares about are suffering. Overall, the EII cares about diligence, meeting one's individuals goals, and respecting others; she distates behavior that is overtly loud, abrasive, or aggressive.

Other Possible Types

LIE (ENTj): 81% as likely as EII.
EIE (ENFj): 76% as likely as EII.
IEE (ENFp): 73% as likely as EII.

Alchemysta
03-21-2015, 02:57 PM
EIE(ENFj)

Herr Abubu
03-21-2015, 03:02 PM
Can't deny a lot of this. As you say, I admit to it myself. To be fair in the UK profundity would be seen as melodrama and immediately subject to mockery. As a nation we're opposed to it.

Yes, the British are for certain very sensing as a people and as a culture. Most of the current British members of this forum are sensors, in fact. Contrast this to the more intuitive culture of France, for example. Here it is similar. The more sensing Norwegians versus the more intuitive Swedes.

I certainly do enjoy attention, though I wouldn't say it's [consciously] important to me, whereas general approval is important to me. We are all a product of our times. I'm sure we would all be different if we had been born a century ago, or even a decade before we were.

Definitely, though it is something I consciously and unconsciously try to avoid in favour of things more constant. Sometimes it may seem like sheer contrarianism, but that is just another way of being defined fully as a man of one's circumstances, which is what I avoid.

Objectively it seems to me that a dialectic argumentation style is generally superior, but I really enjoy rhetoric styles.

It depends in what circumstances you use them. Either style applied too widely usually ends up being distasteful. I favour either style depending on the circumstances.

Either way, I can't think of many people [on this site] who genuinely generally employ dialectic styles.

That is true. I think it depends on the circumstances. Where the environment such that it demanded that the forumites up their game, I am sure they would.

My disdain for philosophy is well known.

A rather typical sensing attitude.

Everyone seems to be INTJ, what can you tell me about that?

This forum attracts INTJs because the topics discussed are arcane and are heavy on classification, system-thinking and measuring.

Longbowman
03-21-2015, 03:07 PM
Yes, the British are for certain very sensing as a people and as a culture. Most of the current British members of this forum are sensors, in fact. Contrast this to the more intuitive culture of France, for example. Here it is similar. The more sensing Norwegians versus the more intuitive Swedes.

I can't comment on Scandinavian subdivisions, but I'll take your word for it.

Definitely, though it is something I consciously and unconsciously try to avoid in favour of things more constant.

Yes, I have noticed that about you and others. Of course, you see that as a positive thing to do, I see it as a wasted effort. But each to their own.

That is true.

Message boards lend themselves to rhetoric styles. We'd all be more dialectic IRL.

This forum attracts INTJs because the topics discussed are arcane and are heavy on classification, system-thinking and measuring.

Good point.

Catkin
03-21-2015, 03:23 PM
I have never quite understood how some P types in MBTI are the equivalent of j types in Socionics, for example Socionics INFj = MBTI INFP. On the other hand Socionics ENFp = MBTI ENFP :confused:. Or have I missed something? I'm far less familiar with Socionics than MBTI.

Yes, the British are for certain very sensing as a people and as a culture.

That's why I'm often seen to be a fruitcake then.

Amud
03-21-2015, 04:56 PM

I've taken a few MBTI tests and always get INTP, so this was a little different.

Sideritis
03-21-2015, 05:55 PM
Your Sociotype: ESE-2Fe (ESFj)

Using extroverted feeling as her base function and introverted sensing as her creative, the ESE is adept at understanding people's emotional needs, and she often responds to these needs through comforting words and actions. Driven by a desire for harmony and perfection in her life, the ESE uses her emotional acuity to strengthen and solidify the relationships with the people she cares about in her life. The ESE enjoys bringing people together for social interaction and improving their moods through the use of games, laughter, music, and good food. Perhaps better than any other type (exept for maybe the SEI), the ESE understands the effect that this sensory stimuli can have on a person's emotional state. At her best, the ESE is a center of vibrant social interaction where the goal is harmony and happiness for all the group participants; at her worst, the ESE's desire to help others may cause her to neglect her own needs. Additionally, the ESE's penchant for empathy can often cause her undue strain when she bears the emotional pain that others are feeling.

SEE (ESFp): 88% as likely as ESE.
SEI (ISFp): 84% as likely as ESE.
ESI (ISFj): 72% as likely as ESE.

Harley
03-21-2015, 09:15 PM
Test Results
Your Sociotype: IEE-1Fi (ENFp)
Brief Description of the IEE

Using extroverted intuition as his base function and introverted feeling as his creative, the IEE is adept at generating new possibilities, particularly those that relate to human interaction. Like the ILE, the IEE absorbs and comprehends new concepts with amazing speed. However it should be noted that the IEE relies on his personal observations as a foundation for his conceptual understanding; he bases all his theoretical frameworks on what he has observerd in the real world. If the IEE cannot relate a hypothesis to something he has personally observed, it is more difficult for him to conceptualize or believe in it. The IEE uses his creative function to understand the intricacies of relationships and human interaction. At his best, the IEE has deep and profound insight into the nature of human behavior and their relationships; at his worst, the IEE's propensity for generating possibilities can leave him adrift in an idealized world with little motivation to actually accomplish goals or complete projects. Furthermore, although the IEE understands abstract concepts quite readily, he sometimes glosses over the logical framework of a hypothesis or theory. Learn more about the IEE here!
Other Possible Types

IEI (INFp): 93% as likely as IEE.
EIE (ENFj): 84% as likely as IEE.
EII (INFj): 76% as likely as IEE.

Harley
03-21-2015, 09:19 PM
My friend told me that MBTI differs from Socionics. I'm not sure in what way, as a few years ago, the only sources for Socionics in English was from one site that a member had translated from Russian. I would like to know more about Socionics and understand the differences between the two systems.

I understand myself more now than a few years ago. When I tested as ENFP in the Accurate Personality Test, it made sense to me as I finally understood the differences between the E and I traits. Kind of funny that I should get the same result for Socionics. Before I was primarily INFP and ESTJ(Socionics).

Not a Cop
03-21-2015, 09:37 PM
We haven't had much contact, so I am making judgments on a rather speculative basis. My impression of you is first of all that you are introverted. Whether you are sensing or intuitive I am not so sure. A thinker for certain. Whether you are perceiving or judging I am not so sure. I believe you are either LII, ILI, SLI or LSI. I will take the three guess you gave me and guess that you are, from most to least likely, either LII, ILI or SLI.

How widespread is the use of the Socionics test in Russia, by the way? I know that it was made in the USSR and everything, but is it now comparable to how the MBTI is used in the West?

We indeed haven't had much contact so i can't judge you, however on both tests i got ENTP, will check myself with this one. Will appreciate your comments on my type.

Socionics are not very widespread, they are more or less in the same legaue as astrology, as all scientifical start-ups of 80-s it haven't had much funding and thus development. I have no idea about MBTI and the West.

Catkin
03-22-2015, 01:56 PM
Your Sociotype: EII-2Ne (INFj)

Other Possible Types

IEE (ENFp): 92% as likely as EII.
IEI (INFp): 85% as likely as EII.
LII (INTj): 59% as likely as EII.

Using introverted feeling as her base function and extroverted intuition as her creative, the EII is adept at understanding people's internal drive and motivation. She often acts reserved, respectful, and polite around others she does not know well but will eventually open up more. She implicitly trusts her intuition when judging someone, and this intuition serves her well at grasping more abstract concepts. EIIs need to constantly set new goals for themselves and they care deeply about meeting these goals. However it should be noted that these goals are very personal, and she places less weight on the conventional achievements that society values, so often any correlation is largely coincidental. At her best, the EII is known for respecting other people's beliefs and values while also being an overachiever at school and work; at her worst, the EII's compassion and empathy can cause her undue harm when the people she cares about are suffering. Overall, the EII cares about diligence, meeting one's individuals goals, and respecting others; she distates behavior that is overtly loud, abrasive, or aggressive.
More:
Introverted Ethics (Fi)

EIIs are very attuned to the psychological atmosphere of interaction and to their own feelings towards people and things. They treasure deep feelings of attachment and strive to deepen emotional bonds between people and harmonize relationships. When those people that the EII is close to suffer emotionally, the EII will do everything in her power to raise the emotional condition in the individual, often at the EII's expense.

EIIs are very capable of "sizing people up". They rely heavily on their instincts to understand the inner feelings of an individual. They are very empathetic people and find it very easy to feel with others. This makes them very sensitive to the moods of people, and they treat them the way they want to be treated, that is, with respect.

Extroverted Intuition (Ne)

EIIs have a natural understanding of people's inner makeup and see what can be done with that makeup to bring them closer to ideals. EIIs have a very well-developed view of what people and relationships should be like and are able to help others reach those ideals.

EIIs understand people very well. They often give good advice, and have a strong understanding of the inner workings of even the most complicated minds. They have well developed ideas concerning ideal emotional states for individuals, and always have advice as to how an individual can reach that ideal.

One of the largest complaints of EIIs revolve around the idea of "wasted potential." A lot of their neuroses, and "drive," come from fears that they are not achieving the maximum possible ideal in a certain field or area of life. Unlike IEEs, though, EIIs consider "leveraging potential" more in terms of depth - mastery of one or several specific areas - rather than breadth.

My thoughts on its accuracy for me:
Some of that fits well, but I don't think I'm sufficiently diligent or committed to setting and achieving goals. That seems more like MBTI INFJ than INFP, and I am INFP. This is why I find it strange that MBTI INFP = Socionics INFj. At school I was an underachiever compared to IQ/academic potential tests- I didn't care enough about achievements and my mind was elsewhere. Looking at the Jungian dichotomies I am more p than j: I prefer spontaneity and flexibility, and I have difficulty finishing things before getting distracted and moving on to something else. I also don't think I'm very good at sizing people up and making judgements, and I don't like to either.

I score quite close to the ENFp description and that fits quite well, except for the emphasis on socialising. (So ENFp in Socionics is ENFP in MBTI? Though INFj is INFP?). MBTI ENFP description also fits fairly well, except for the fact I'm introverted not extroverted. I use a lot of Ne and Se is one of my weakest. In MBTI Fi seems closest and Fe seems too emotionally expressive, whereas the emphasis on making judgements on people in Socionics Fi means I relate more to Fe in Socionics. But I can't be Ne and Fe in my Ego Block, particularly as I'm an introvert.

This is mostly very true:
IEE-ENFp

Extroverted Intuition (Ne)

IEEs are predominantly motivated by their feelings of interest and boredom. They are attracted to novel ideas, unusual or peculiar goings-on in day-to day life, and new experiences. They may have a tendency to frequently engage themselves in novel life "projects," which can and often consist of novel concepts or fields of thought, new activities, and new lifestyles (this list is not all-inclusive). These types of projects often take the form of activities that are uncommon, concepts that are unknown or avocations that have not been done or tried before. Regardless of the nature of their interests, they often have a tendency to try to accumulate as much knowledge about the field as they can, and sometimes to improve the field by finding new ways of conceptually framing its basic principles. Eventually, once there is nothing left to discover, or when they simply become bored, they will follow their curiosity and find a new topic of interest.

Many IEEs require a certain degree of freedom from obligation in order to do their work and pursue their sometimes idiosyncratic interests, to the point where they may dramatically eschew conventional lifestyles. Some IEEs may have an irrational dread of working at a desk job or an office where they do not have the opportunity to pursue their whimsical hobbies. However, they often overestimate the torturous ordeal of having to perform specific chores that are not in line with their interests, and many IEEs that are acclimated to the reality of their obligations may not share this trepidation at having to fulfill them.

IEEs are often spontaneous and sometimes quite distractible individuals whose natural energy level leads them to be working on something or doing something most of the time (in contrast to dominant types whose natural state is one of inertia and contemplation). However their work is often periodic in nature rather and tends to be on whatever projects they have involved themselves in at the moment, or whatever they are interested in doing at the moment, rather than a consistent schedule or routine. Many IEEs routinely have spur-of-the-moment ideas or curiosities, and may be inclined to look up random information or do arbitrary things that have occurred to them in lieu of whatever they might have been working on previously.

IEEs, perhaps more than any other type, often have a tendency to seek out multiple perspectives and viewpoints on controversial matters. They are rarely tied down to any particular ideology and often have an implicit sense of faith that others are as intellectually open as they are. IEEs frequently have a innately optimistic disposition (despite how bleak they perceive the facts of any situation to be), and often earnestly believe in the value of a process of thorough, respectful, and politically correct discussion of controversial matters, and often that through a such due process of formal exposition of viewpoints, most reasonable people will come to a consensus as to the essential facts and truth of the debate.

IEEs often tend to mentalize and verbalize matters of personal development, individual qualities, and significant personal experiences, and often develop connections best with others through discussing matters of personal development that are close at heart to them. They may have a sort of innate tendency to spontaneously try to help others find an appropriate outlet for their particular talents, focusing on the potential positive aspects of their character; they may become engrossed over what people might become rather than what they are currently, and thus have a tendency to be able to see the positive side of everyone.

Introverted Ethics (Fi)

At first glance, IEEs are usually friendly, propitious and accepting people. They often enjoy interacting and learning from all types of people and tend to enjoy cultivating a sincere atmosphere of passive good will, where others can feel comfortable and accepted for who they are.

Like SEEs, IEEs are usually aware of and highly influenced by their emotional responses towards other people, things, or situations, but unlike SEEs they are less likely to be driven by their emotional reactions quite as viscerally; instead, their emotions are more likely to drive them to be a bit avoidant. They are often disturbed by conflict or aggression, and rather than espousing a confrontational or accusatory attitude, when possible they often prefer to politely smile and avoid being drawn into contentious arguments. They may be also somewhat fettered by and avoidant of situations replete with feelings of social awkwardness or situations in which their autonomy over their activities or choices is threatened.

This is very true too:
Extroverted Ethics (Fe)
Extroverted ethics is an extroverted, rational, and dynamic information element. It is also called Fe, E, the ethics of emotions, or black ethics. Fe is generally associated with the ability to recognize and convey (i.e. make others experience) passions, moods, and emotional states, generate excitement, liveliness, and feelings, get emotionally involved in activities and emotionally involve others, recognize and describe emotional interaction between people and groups, and build a sense of community and emotional unity.

Types that value Fe like creating a visible atmosphere of camaraderie with other people. They enjoy a loose atmosphere where anything goes, where people don't have to watch too carefully what they say for fear of offending others. This means these types try not to be too thin-skinned, taking jokes with a grain of salt. However, they are very conscious of the fact that the way something is said is very important to how it will be received, so they tend to add emphasis, embellishments, and exaggerations here and there to keep people engaged. The best way to say something is highly dependent on the situation and the implied purpose of the exchange, so of course levity is not appropriate in some situations.

Even after explosive arguments, these types find it hard to hold grudges, and can tolerate people they in principle don't like, as long as the situation is primarily social and doesn't require too close contact. They prefer misgivings to be out in the open; they believe that the silent treatment is one of the worst things you can do to a person, and only aggravates the underlying problem.

Harley
03-22-2015, 03:17 PM
I prefer a purely Jungian approach than I do either MBTI or Socionics, although Socionics is better than MBTI. The score you get from this test differs a lot from the one you get from a typical MBTI test. I'm uncertain of what I really am. I seem divided between INTJ and INTP. I have some ideas why that is.
Do you still feel this way?

Cleitus
03-22-2015, 03:42 PM
Your Sociotype: LIE-1Te (ENTj)

Using extroverted thinking as his base function and introverted intuition as his creative, the LIE has an amazing ability at not only predicting future trends, but also understanding what is necessary to make these future trends profitable. The LIE has an innate understanding of the most valuable use of capital and labor, and has the energy and drive to align these tools to achieving his goals. The LIE easily assesses the validity and usefulness of any information he happens to run across. Like the EIE, the LIE has great leadership potential, but unlike the EIE, the LIE is less concerned with the effects of his decisions on people's relationships or emotions, and more concerned with the impersonal results. At his best, the LIE is a visionary leader who understands the the big picture as well as the risks and rewards of every decision. At his worst, the LIE can become so focused on the future and the bottom line that he loses touch with the present and his personal relationships. Additionally, the LIE can be so focused on achieving his external goals that he forgets to take care of his own personal needs. Learn more about the LIE here!

Herr Abubu
03-22-2015, 05:13 PM
My thoughts on its accuracy for me:
Some of that fits well, but I don't think I'm sufficiently diligent or committed to setting and achieving goals. That seems more like MBTI INFJ than INFP, and I am INFP. This is why I find it strange that MBTI INFP = Socionics INFj. At school I was an underachiever compared to IQ/academic potential tests- I didn't care enough about achievements and my mind was elsewhere. Looking at the Jungian dichotomies I am more p than j: I prefer spontaneity and flexibility, and I have difficulty finishing things before getting distracted and moving on to something else. I also don't think I'm very good at sizing people up and making judgements, and I don't like to either.

I score quite close to the ENFp description and that fits quite well, except for the emphasis on socialising. (So ENFp in Socionics is ENFP in MBTI? Though INFj is INFP?). MBTI ENFP description also fits fairly well, except for the fact I'm introverted not extroverted. I use a lot of Ne and Se is one of my weakest. In MBTI Fi seems closest and Fe seems too emotionally expressive, whereas the emphasis on making judgements on people in Socionics Fi means I relate more to Fe in Socionics. But I can't be Ne and Fe in my Ego Block, particularly as I'm an introvert.

That is how the Jungian system worked. Your first function is either a judging or a perceiving function. The last letter denotes whether you are a judging type or a perceiving type. The MBTI INFP is a judger because of their dominant Fi, which is why Socionics terms it INFj. So the last letters are opposite in the MBTI and Socionics systems. One problem with the Socionics system is that it puts too much emphasis on the primary function and not so much on the others. This is why some of the descriptions are very off and stereotypical-sounding. To me you sound a lot like an INFP.

You should try this: http://www.keys2cognition.com/explore.htm

What do you think about the following description? http://personalityjunkie.com/infp-personality-type-profile/

Do you still feel this way?

The problem was that I had delved too far into the very faulty and watered down MBTI system instead of a more purely Jungian system. Myer and Briggs took a legitimate theory on personality—which had existed in some form long before, Kant made a system similar to Jung's, for example, and Jung's theory was heavily based in philosophy and mystic traditions—and turned it into astrology. I know now that I am most definitely an INTJ.

Raven_
03-22-2015, 05:34 PM
I have scored ILI (INTP).
MBTI has never assigned me INTP (only ISTJ and INTJ) but descriptions of differences between P and J made me realize I indeed must be P. While results of this shorter test (INTP vs ISTP) (http://www.celebritytypes.com/test/intp-or-istp.php) says I am overwhelmingly N.
That said, I think I've finally found out the most accurate fit which is INTP. For now.

Herr Abubu
03-23-2015, 09:14 PM
I have scored ILI (INTP).
MBTI has never assigned me INTP (only ISTJ and INTJ) but descriptions of differences between P and J made me realize I indeed must be P. While results of this shorter test (INTP vs ISTP) (http://www.celebritytypes.com/test/intp-or-istp.php) says I am overwhelmingly N.
That said, I think I've finally found out the most accurate fit which is INTP. For now.

ILI (INTp) is INTJ in the MBTI. You are Ni-Te according to the Socionics test, which means you are INTJ in the MBTI. The confusion stems from purely semantical reasons.

UkrainianGirl
10-01-2016, 06:16 PM
Test Result

Your Sociotype: LSI-3Se TiSe (ISTj)
Logical Sensing Introvert - The Inspector

Brief Description of the LSI

Using introverted thinking as his base function and extroverted sensing as his creative, the LSI excels at formulating systems of the world that can be practically utilized. The LSI has a strong understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of a system and can manipulate either to his advantage. Similar to the LII, the LSI creates rules and principles built on logical consistency, which he religiously adheres to. But unlike the LII, the LSI does not speculate as much on improbable possibilities but rather focuses on practical solutions to problems. At his best, the LSI acts as a model citizen or employee; dutifully providing for his family, his employer, his friends and his community. He will rigidly uphold the law and other actions he perceives as just and logical, while discouraging actions he views as unjust. At his worst, the LSI can become driven towards the acquisition of power to the detriment of anyone that stands in his way; in realizing these goals, the LSI can become oblivious to actions that many might consider inhumane.

Other Possible Types

SEE (ESFp): 91% as likely as LSI.
ESI (ISFj): 89% as likely as LSI.
SLE (ESTp): 74% as likely as LSI.

ЛыSSый
10-03-2016, 01:33 AM
gigig, on whole scales i'm near middle ))) :jew:

Marzipan
10-24-2016, 12:23 AM
I got LSI-1Ti (ISTj)

http://www.sociotype.com/tests/result/est/192502

Profileid
10-24-2016, 12:58 AM
INTJ=nerds

DI1ck
10-24-2016, 01:37 AM
This test warranted different results from all others of this sort previously taken. I've always been classed as INTJ until this test...

"Your Sociotype: ILI-1Te (INTp) - Intuitive Logical Introvert - The Critic" :shrug:

A-ha
11-29-2016, 09:15 AM
ILE - Intuitive Logical Extrovert

A-ha
11-29-2016, 09:19 AM
This test warranted different results from all others of this sort previously taken. I've always been classed as INTJ until this test...

"Your Sociotype: ILI-1Te (INTp) - Intuitive Logical Introvert - The Critic" :shrug:

Socionics has somewhat different nomenclature and abbreviations. Long to explain, but Socionics INTJ = MBTI INTP and vice versa. The test showed you ILI, which is INTJ in MBTI

Ziveth
06-24-2017, 03:24 PM
For the poll I voted in accordance with the MBTI part of the score as the poll did not have an option that accounted for my exact score (more familiar with MBTI nomenclature).

Other Possible Types

ILI (INTp): 86% as likely as LII.
LSI (ISTj): 81% as likely as LII.
LIE (ENTj): 80% as likely as LII.

I also got LII-1Ti (INTj).

Tertius
05-04-2019, 01:07 PM

Celestia
11-17-2019, 04:13 AM
Empath, unsurprisingly. Both a blessing and a curse.

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=92783&d=1573967553

SocietyIslands
12-13-2023, 08:35 PM
That's a pretty terrible test. Aimtoknow's beta test is the best one around for now.

I'm LSI-Ti.